PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Jars Bound to Character

Coldin
12-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I can understand the marketing reasons behind making these bound to character, but cookies are meant to be shared!

Couldn't these jars be made bound to account, so I can easily share my cookies across all my characters?

ArkoHighStar
12-13-2010, 09:56 AM
/signed

Slugnutty
12-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Coldin - you knew they were bound to toon, and beside its turbine - the power of the $ applies.
Create a new toon (as if you don't have one already) as the cookie, recipe, mote holder.
And it's free.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Coldin - you knew they were bound to toon, and beside its turbine - the power of the $ applies.
Create a new toon (as if you don't have one already) as the cookie, recipe, mote holder.
And it's free.

I'm sure they THINK it will make more $, but it will make less.

I definately would have bought a BtA cookie jar.

I don't see any use for a BtC one.

Irinis
12-13-2010, 10:07 AM

QFT. Same with Huge bags, even on 50% off I don't buy them because they're BtC.

Robi3.0
12-13-2010, 10:08 AM

This is my opinion as well. btC bags are almost completely useless. That is why I will not be buying a cookies jar or any other bag, after I purchased my BtA huge collectible bag.

That being said I don't think anyone should be surprised that cookie jars are BtC.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2010, 10:09 AM

Same here. I bought a few large bags when the first came out. I liked them so much I was going to go back and by more...and then I saw the new ones were BtC. Haven't bought one since. Now I spend some plat and make due with mediums on my new characters since they can be mailed or put in the shared bank.

Hambo
12-13-2010, 10:10 AM

...Not to mention Quivers, for those of us who like to grab a single mob's attention while being stealthy :D

talyor
12-13-2010, 10:10 AM
It was the same way with the bags when they first came out they were bound to account which was great i bought one each of the huge bags and i move them to whatever toon i am currently running which was of great use and benefit to anyone with a shared bank. so from me they got 3 purchases 1 collectible 1 gem and 1 ingredients bag and i only spent the points because i could move them around had they come out bound to character then those are 3 purchases turbine would not have gotten.

PopeJual
12-13-2010, 10:11 AM
I certainly won't be buying a BtC cookie jar.

I almost considered buying one to make my mule easier to deal with, but IT'S A MULE. I'm not spending real cash on my mule.

If I really need to, I'll just make an additional character named PopeCookie and have a second mule. When character slots are on sale, that won't be any more expensive than buying a Cookie Jar.

Mellifera
12-13-2010, 10:11 AM
I already thought they were a bit on the expensive side but being BtC means my cookie mules are no longer in danger of losing their job.

Nospheratus
12-13-2010, 10:18 AM

My thoughts exactly!

EatSmart
12-13-2010, 10:22 AM
That being said I don't think anyone should be surprised that cookie jars are BtC.

linky (http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/bladedge/Misc/DDOcookiejars.jpg)

When they first appeared on lama they were BtA and were awesome. Now they cost about the same as another character slot (Equivalent to a jar on all servers) and store less than a mule. :(

J1NG
12-13-2010, 10:25 AM
If Turbine felt that the Cookie Jar was too cheap for BtA, they should have up'ed the price instead and left it BtA. Making things BtC and then expecting people to pay a particular price that many consider to be expensive and unworthwhile is just asking for it not to be sold...

I sometimes do wonder who does the maths over there... :p

J1NG

Sillk
12-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Hopefully someone at Turbine is looking at this thread and noting our feedback.

I would have bought more Huge bags if they were BtA, not BtC. Probably will be the same for the jars.

k1ngp1n
12-13-2010, 10:33 AM
BankOfCookie was born today. I see no reason whatsoever to purchase BtC containers.

RTN
12-13-2010, 10:46 AM
I have a mule for all stuff like this. He's the only character with a Huge bag of anything and he'll be the only one with a cookie jar. I consolidate everything on him and pass it out as needed. I use Large and Medium bags to pass stuff around. I'd prefer all these bags were BtA, but I understand the business decision behind making them BtC and my solution works well for me (and the less I pass important things around in the shared bank the better since I know of too many cases where lag or an update made things disappear from there).

ArkoHighStar
12-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Turbine lost my business making it BTC, I see no advantage to having a cookie jar over a free mule. I simply feed all cookies to him and do a mass turn in, and then send the needed cookies to all my characters.

If had a BTA cookie jar I would just keep it in my shared bank and move it around as needed.

kafrielveddicus
12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I cant understand why they did make these available at the vendors, like medium collectible bags!!!

I will not be spending DDO points on them, I would more likely throw away the cakes or burn them up as quick as possible!!!

AZgreentea
12-13-2010, 10:58 AM

I agree. I might still buy one and keep it on my main for emergencies, but BtC is much less appealing. I might because of how much space they currently take up in my inventory.

HGM-Chi
12-13-2010, 11:04 AM
*sigh* Same here. If they had been BtA I might have made 1 or 2 purchases. Instead I'll use a mule for them I guess, since I have 4 empty character slots.

So disappointing, I wanted a cookie jar for my shared bank in a bad way.

Memnir
12-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Dear Devs,

Thank you for giving us an item that we've been asking for for a long time, and then teaching us that we didn't really want it after all. This has helped me save money that I would have otherwise been happy to give you. But with your insightful choice to make these Jars BtC, you've shown me that spending wisely is better then spending freely.

It is a lesson in frugal economics I will try to carry over into my real-life holiday shopping.

Thanks bunches!
-Mem

xanvar
12-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Classic DnD corrupted wish :)

J1NG
12-13-2010, 11:22 AM
And just like any corrupted wish... there is no money to be made...

Do you read that Turbine? NO MONEY... (really, if that isn't clear enough...*shrugs*)

J1NG

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2010, 11:29 AM
I cant understand why they did make these available at the vendors, like medium collectible bags!!!

I will not be spending DDO points on them, I would more likely throw away the cakes or burn them up as quick as possible!!!

They want to make cash, I'm good with them making cash on convinience items, which is what this could have been.

But they won't make much money because they way it was designed, it isn't convinient.

Tholar
12-13-2010, 11:33 AM
This guy would not share his cookie jar.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070804022546/muppet/images/e/e7/TycoCookieMonsterCookieJar.jpg

This picture added for being mildly disturbing

http://www.johnnygoodtimes.com/archives/picevilsesame.jpg

Zenako
12-13-2010, 11:42 AM
While I too would have picked one up as a BtA item, very unlikely to do so as BtC item, I think that many of us here on the boards fail to appreciate that part of the player demographic that this is really crafted towards.

Those players who for whatever reason, play only a SINGLE character. I know a few like that, and to them, who have no other characters to share with, this is a way to create a lot of space that they otherwise would not have for all those cookies. They could care less about BtC or BtA since they are the same thing for them for all practical purposes.

So that demographic is likely happy to see them and likely to drop some TP on them. For those of us with more mules than hours in the day, the appeal drops to almost nothing once they are BtC. But seriously, how many of us with Baked goods mules would have then stuffed all those items into the jar, only to have to fish them out later to hand to other characters via shared bank slots.

DragonKiller
12-13-2010, 11:58 AM
BtC on this item is a rip off!! Turbine please change them to BtA!! There is no logic (besides greed) to have these BtC.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2010, 12:01 PM
While I too would have picked one up as a BtA item, very unlikely to do so as BtC item, I think that many of us here on the boards fail to appreciate that part of the player demographic that this is really crafted towards.

Those players who for whatever reason, play only a SINGLE character. I know a few like that, and to them, who have no other characters to share with, this is a way to create a lot of space that they otherwise would not have for all those cookies. They could care less about BtC or BtA since they are the same thing for them for all practical purposes.

So that demographic is likely happy to see them and likely to drop some TP on them. For those of us with more mules than hours in the day, the appeal drops to almost nothing once they are BtC. But seriously, how many of us with Baked goods mules would have then stuffed all those items into the jar, only to have to fish them out later to hand to other characters via shared bank slots.

While true about the demo, BtA would have worked for both groups, so still a bad move on Turbine's part.

And I would have still stashed some of my cookies, such as the ones I keep for lowbie running, saves a seperate mule.

Bladedge
12-13-2010, 12:06 PM
So much for buying two cookie jar and another batch of turbine points to get the cookie jars for my two accounts. Very disappointed especially after previewing it on Lamannia with it being able to go in the share bank.
Guess I just sell off the cookies this year and free up some mule space.

mystafyi
12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
another in the terrible line from turbines marketing dept... Almost bought one then seen it was BtC... made a cookie mule instead...me +495 turbine -495 ... nice salemenship ;)

I dont even wanna talk about armor "customizing"

Quarterling
12-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Yep, I have quite a few characters, so I was planning on buying two or three jars. However, now that I see they are BtC instead, I'm not buying anything. I'll just spend the extra five minutes or so for a bit more work traveling to my bank.

Sheesh, hasn't anybody in Turbine ever took marketing??

Entelech
12-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Wow, they're seriously BtC?

I guess I'll be making a new mule and naming him "Cookie Jar" -- it's fewer Turbine Points that way.

Oh...wait...I already have a Bard. Nevermind.

Barumar
12-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I already thought they were a bit on the expensive side but being BtC means my cookie mules are no longer in danger of losing their job.

My cookie mule (GotCookies) is safe as well! And here I was thinking she was about to be replaced by a jar or two!

Oh well, looks like Turbine missed the mark on this one.

I TR'd my Sorcerer this weekend, and spent yesterday afternoon doing Korthos and would have loved to have a Jar for him to keep all the cookies/cakes I was using in.

Now, I will just juggle bank, inventory, mail in the future as I have in the past - as buying a character one who will be back to high level soon makes no sense!

Having bound to account Cookie Jars, that I can use at low levels, and pass on to other new (or TR'd) characters DOES makes sense, and I would gladly have paid Turbine Points for said Jars...

Rethink this one Turbine!

Barumar

wemery73
12-13-2010, 02:05 PM
bta please :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwHqhTr2URI&feature=fvst

BurnerD
12-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey Devs how about a compromise?

Make the huge bags/jars BTA and exclusive so one can be used to hoard all stuff/cookies in the bank.

Make the large and mediums BTC fo tarnsport/collecting on each toon.

Ungood
12-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I bought the BtC Huge bags when they went on sale, since they were half off, I bought a lot of them to cover all my major players.

The fact they were BtC did nothing but ensure that I would only buy them for the accounts I knew I was going to play and be committed to.

To each their own.

Rumbaar
12-13-2010, 09:25 PM
I figured they think all people use a mule to store their cookies, and thus that character could purchase it. But who wants a BtC expensive item on a mule? No-one!

Little to no practical long term use, no sale.

Tourette
12-14-2010, 08:43 AM
/signed.

was starting a rant thread on BtC cookie jars and happened upon this.

I will not be spending any turbine points on a BtC cookie jar that only holds 30 types, max 250. Junk. I'll make a new mule toon before I do that.

Dumb idea, Turbine.

Indel_Eventine
12-14-2010, 01:51 PM
I can understand the marketing reasons behind making these bound to character, but cookies are meant to be shared!

Couldn't these jars be made bound to account, so I can easily share my cookies across all my characters?

Agreed. I was about to buy one, but bound to character makes worth less to me.

muffinlad
12-14-2010, 01:55 PM

Agree. People should not have to buy more than ONE of the larges to begin with.

As it is now, I just send all my coins to one toon to redeem, so the cookies can be placed in the jar, and then distributed as needed.

For 495 for a large, which is pretty darn expensive for an event organizer, it should be able to be used by any of the toons on your account.

muffinpuff.

Professor_G
12-15-2010, 05:17 AM
I bought a small cookie jar for one of my most-played characters and am glad I did.

I was getting some nice freebie cookies and cakes from high-level players along with the trade-ins I was getting from The Jester. I may also get one for a mule character later in the festival. Soooo many goodies!

Wish they were BtA, but they are still pretty handy storage devices.