PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Quests that should be made Epic

LightBear
12-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi all,

After running Invasion enough times to get the end reward and a random drop or two along the way I was thinking that this would be a great as an Epic Quest.

The tokens at the end would be Epic and after collecting 25 you can turn those epic tokens in together with the normal end reward to get an epic version of end reward of your choice.

Are there any other quest that you can think of that could use a epic version?

Wren666
12-13-2010, 06:42 AM
The Grotto.

sirgog
12-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Tempest's Spine
Tear of Dhakaan
All the update 7/8 Drooam stuff
Gianthold Tor
Both Subterrane raids (these could be really, really mean on Epic)
The Sands of Menchtarun, Red Fens and Searing Heights explorer areas (this would, of course, require new tech for allowing you to enter explorer areas on a different difficulty level)

Kallith
12-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Tempest Spine would be very funky epic
Gianthold
Titan

Jahmin
12-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Finishing the Desert would be nice :rolleyes:

Gianthold - we know they have it done: we have even played it live. Just release it already :mad:

Tempest Spine needs Epic and a complete re-work to be very similar to Devil Assault: 8/12/16/20 (Chrono should have been the same as well, although maybe 5/10/15/20 or whatever). The incremental increase makes for so much more replayability I am astounded that they have not simply addopted it for all quests... utter waste that it is DA only :(

Other than that, Raids (and supporting quests) before regular quests.

That said, the entire Epic concept is pretty sad and seriously needs a complete overhaul.

6PEBHO
12-13-2010, 06:59 AM
The Pit
Spies In The House are just not enough

DelverRootnose
12-13-2010, 06:59 AM
...just to hear the people whine. Also the loot would just have to be uuubbber. since it is already really good. Imagine an epic litany of the dead.

but in real terms, Gianthold already.

NinjaNeed
12-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Gianthold!!!

Imagine epic Loremasters (please dont do that arghhh), epic Moonstone boots, epic luck trinket!!!

Do it!!

shores11
12-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Irestone Inlet

Imagine Yar Yar gone wild...

Vellrad
12-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Kobold Assault, Gladewatch Outpost Defence, and my favourite:
Home Sweet Sewer (but with dogs as squishest as possible, with absolute mega uber DPS passing any DR, AC etc, with TS, with mega speed, ultra high DC on trip and hamstring, debuffing player's jump to -50 etc) (yeah, I'm bit sadistic here :D).

Wizard_Zero
12-13-2010, 07:35 AM
I would like to see Gianthold like most people, but I doubt we will see that anytime soon. I think we still need more epic "build-up" time. Every new epic is getting slightly better items than the last. Going from current epics to GH epics is a huge jump.

If it was to be released soon, they probably would just add a color slot or random unless stuff to most of the "good" GH items. I mean many of the REGULAR Gianthold items are better than 90% of the current epic stuff (Madstone Boots, Head of Good Fortune, Dreamsplitter, Collar, napkin, etc.). I'm just looking from a balancing perspective. I just don't see how they can make Epic GH items too much better, without breaking the game.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot that they did implement Greensteel and Epic SoS with 4x crit. So I guess they could make broken GH items.

FuzzyDuck81
12-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Epic tempests spine would be cool - could even be the 1st f2p epic content? Would make sense i think. Epic fullplate of giants & elemental breastplate could be very nice too :)

Cairo
12-13-2010, 07:45 AM
I'd have to go with Depths series.. Gwylan's Stand.. Tangleroot.. and above all.. Greymoon/Co6.

Those are the quests/series to me that feel the most like D&D (aside from carnival, which feels like it already)

Also, Epic STK might be kinda fun.

Epic Proof is in the Poison anyone?

Sarisa
12-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Unless Deleras, Waterworks, Sorrowdusk, STK, Tangleroot, and Threnal chains to are changed to flag and run more like the Sentinels and House P chains, I doubt they would ever be made epic.

That said, Gianthold of course (looks like they would be pretty difficult and interesting on epic), Tempest Spine, and a few of the other "greatest hits" of the f2p quests (Stormcleave, Tear, Proof (for the difficulty), Gwylan's, Durks, and Irestone come to mind).

The Desert side quests as well, give them partial tokens and explorer area seals and shards at low but not impossible rates.

EatSmart
12-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Epic The Pit

One new epic item, an epic upgrade of muckdoom. Seal drop chance in the chests, Shard drop chance in Avatar of Jubilex's chest.

DRAGONSUPERDRAGON
12-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Epic Purge the Heretics!

ThePurePanda
12-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Kanith crystal (or other korthos quests)

KongColeus
12-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Proof is in the Poison

Desert Caravan

Faithful Departed

Maybe they would get run more than zero or once if they were epic-ised.

toughguyjoe
12-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Epic Kobolds New Ringleader.

Epic Bloodknuckles Loincloth Waistband: +7 STR, Heavy Fortification, Stinking Guard(DC 35 Fort save or gain Putrid Foul Stench: -5 to hit and damage, half movement speed, On hit.), Empty Yellow

Emil_Jaeo
12-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Xorian Cipher

sirgog
12-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Unless Deleras, Waterworks, Sorrowdusk, STK, Tangleroot, and Threnal chains to are changed to flag and run more like the Sentinels and House P chains, I doubt they would ever be made epic.

The Desert and VONs got major polish passes and flagging system changes when they were epic-ified. Threnal might actually make a good Epic dungeon chain.

grodon9999
12-13-2010, 09:02 AM
As much as we talk about this, all these quests would be an absolute joke as epics. We'd just mass-hold/halt-undead everything and beat on it while it's senseless.

New content please, new gear instead of rehashed stuff. No new epics until Madfloyd's epic reboot that will hopefully make the dynamic less stupid.

NeutronStar
12-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Euphonia's Challenge...'nuff said

EatSmart
12-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Kanith crystal (or other korthos quests)

Actually the korthos chain does lend itself reasonably well to the "standard epic structure"... Overall story arc, wide selection of named items from non-epic difficulty, 3:1 ratio of "buildup" to "conclusion" quests... The villiage quests are very short though. Not sure how quests like storehouse's secret could be padded out, you can zerg that in under a minute.

joaofalcao
12-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Epic proof is in the poison would be challenging..... and annoying

FuzzyDuck81
12-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Epic Kobolds New Ringleader.

Epic Bloodknuckles Loincloth Waistband: +7 STR, Heavy Fortification, Stinking Guard(DC 35 Fort save or gain Putrid Foul Stench: -5 to hit and damage, half movement speed, On hit.), Empty Yellow

LOL... aka "the stinky ogre pants of DOOOM!" provided by Pampers(TM) :P

Rakian_Knight
12-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Epic Tempest Spine
Epic Necropolis I-IV

Necro IV at least because it has some of the greatest quest and items in my opinion. Also, imagine inferno on epic, want to try healing through that?

karnokvolrath
12-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Purge the Fallen Shrine.
Gwylands - Tear - Stormcleave - Xorian

ArkoHighStar
12-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Fix epic, then make epic quests.

KillEveryone
12-13-2010, 11:25 AM
While I would love to see some of the F2P quests made epic, I doubt they will. Not unless they make it so that to get the epic portion of those free quests you have to use TP. Kind of like an adventure pack but only for the epic part with the rest of the quest still available for free.

Right now you have to either grind out or buy the TP to get a pack that has epic.

I doubt they will change this model. They want you go spend that TP on the end game stuff.

NeutronStar
12-13-2010, 05:39 PM

This would be better.

Chai
12-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Gianthold.

Tangleroot.

Deleras.

Threnal.

Basically all the old school chain quests.

Phidius
12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
...That said, the entire Epic concept is pretty sad and seriously needs a complete overhaul.

Yes.

... No new epics until Madfloyd's epic reboot that will hopefully make the dynamic less stupid.

/signed

QFT

This would be better.

Agreed.

PopeJual
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM
1) Delera's Tomb

2) Gianthold (and work has already started on that, so that might be number 1, but I *REALLY* want an Epic Carnifex)

3) The Pit

p0werslave
12-13-2010, 06:48 PM
One new epic item, an epic upgrade of muckdoom. Seal drop chance in the chests, Shard drop chance in Avatar of Jubilex's chest.

THE MUCKINATOR!!!

+7 Glass Club
Greater Ooze Bane
Ooze Slaying
Grease CL1 upon sucessful ooze slaying just for the fun...those slimes tend to splatter :)