PDA

View Full Version : Ice Skates - BtA, BtC, or otherwise?

Cauthey
12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Once again, DDO Store items are lacking in the full-disclosure descriptions that they REALLY need.

For the Ice Skates - do these items bind to account, or bind to character? Or, perhaps they do not bind at all? Once again, I do not know, because the description does not say:

http://www.ddo.com/ddostorefeatured
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/the_elf/cookiesandskates.jpg

The Cookie Jar listings DO state that they bind to character. Should I assume the same for the Ice Skates? (I'd rather not have to assume...)

Please confirm if there is binding for the Ice Skates, and if so, which they bind to. Also, please try and include this information in ALL listings in the future. This would be a tremendous improvement, and the player community would be very grateful! :D

Thanks!
Cauthey

Kinerd
12-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Last time Ice Skates were sold they were BtA. I haven't gotten any this time around. It would not be the first time an item inexplicably went from being sold BtA to being sold BtC.

I am 100% sure that I am 50% sure they will be BtA if you buy them now.

Cauthey
12-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Last time Ice Skates were sold they were BtA. I haven't gotten any this time around. It would not be the first time an item inexplicably went from being sold BtA to being sold BtC.

I am 100% sure that I am 50% sure they will be BtA if you buy them now.

Nice! :p

They need to learn their lesson with their DDO Store postings. I bet they'd see a lot more buying, and a little bit less CSRing if they would be better with full disclosure.

Rumbaar
12-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes their lack of basic customer care on countless occasion is appalling. I've even offered my services in the past to proof read, or suggest they get a non gamer to read their text and see if they get all the details from the text.

I can only say, as already stated, that the previous versions of the skates were BtA.

Cauthey
12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
That all being said...I guess that Risia vets can use their Ice Skates from last year and this past summer's event? So long as they've kept their skates?

stille_nacht
12-09-2010, 04:18 PM
when is risia starting again?

Cauthey
12-09-2010, 04:25 PM
when is risia starting again?

Skates go on sale Monday. So, I would presume then. However, far be it from me to make a logically presumption when Turbine is involved. So, the best that I can honestly say is Soon™. :D

Rumbaar
12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
That all being said...I guess that Risia vets can use their Ice Skates from last year and this past summer's event? So long as they've kept their skates?Correct, all things being equal. I've used them the last 3 times the event has been on, without issue.

KongColeus
12-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Then starts up again on DEC 23, I think. This information is available.

I will worry about the next round once this round ends on Dec 17 at 10 AM EST.

I have used my SAME ice skates for every risia ice games event. Bound to Account, well worth the 95 points if you plan on being a jumper.

You can also rent skates for three white coins? I forget how many. Maybe 10 white coins. Search youtube for videos on how to jump. You will get the idea and still fail miserably the first day you attempt to do it. Unless you have physical skills on the keyboard that are much better than mine, then you will be a star.

Coins drop from FIRE monsters in quests. But I recommend NOT wasting your time on that if you are serious. Last year VELAH ONLY gave a purple coin to the character that did the killing blow.

There is a list of quests that have fire monsters in them radily available. But I gave up on quests for coins and jumped. Much better time wise.