PDA

View Full Version : Meridia Ingredient Quartermaster

Alavatar
12-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I know this topic has been brought up before, but I haven't seen a thread on it in a while so I am creating another one. :D

Please please please please please put an Ingredient Quartermaster (similar to the Relic Quartermaster in Gianthold) in Meridia for Shroud ingredients! Make the ratio 3:1 for turning in ingredients with a three part menu:

Menu 1: Select ingredient type (i.e. Vale, Small, Medium, Large)
Menu 2: Select what ingredient you are trading in (i.e. 3 Large Gnawed Bones)
Menu 3: Select what ingredient you want in return (i.e. 1 Large Devil Scale)

If you aren't going to do GS deconstruction then please at least create an Ingredient Quartermaster! :o:)

MalakRevan
12-08-2010, 01:27 PM
As long as it's smalls to small or larges to large I like this idea. This would lessen the grind and give most of us a use for all the gnawed bones that keep appearing in my ingredient bags.......

Chette
12-08-2010, 01:30 PM
I really like this idea. I'm pretty much out of arrowheads and shrapnel but am overflowing with bones and chains.

By the way, anybody wanna trade their shrapnel or arrowheads for bones and chains :)

Alavatar
12-08-2010, 01:32 PM
As long as it's smalls to small or larges to large I like this idea. This would lessen the grind and give most of us a use for all the gnawed bones that keep appearing in my ingredient bags.......

Oops! I forgot to specify that. :o I updated the OP to make it a 3 part menu instead of a 2 part.

dkyle
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Yes, please. At a certain point, running a Shroud and getting anything but a Scale, or maybe a Stone, just feels like a waste of time. The nice thing about Greensteel crafting is that, at least in theory, every run gets you closer to crafting your item. In practice, though, this stops being true after a while.

Ziindarax
12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
/signed as well.

I keep getting chains an sulpherous rock. Having an ingredient quartermaster would not break the game, and the only thing it would ruin would be the schemes of extortionists who charge 400k+ platinum for one large scale.

gigobyte
12-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I agree, it would drop the (outrageous) prices of large scales, and significantly lesson the grind. Plus, as stated before, it's already in game, just needs tweaking.

Edit: Sadly, the odds of it being implemented in the near future are rather low.

david_p_hagan
12-08-2010, 01:45 PM
/signed

It wouldn't break the game, just make use of otherwise unneeded ingredients.

Uska
12-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Thought about this for a long time and finally decided I am against it as it would destroy a lot of little market we have. Would much rather see deconstruction, now if it comes about they do the 3 for 1 or whatever I wont really care and if they put it to vote I would abstain

stoolcannon
12-08-2010, 01:55 PM

I don't see any issue with trading smalls for larges as long as the ration is reasonable. Say 10 smalls for 1 large or something to that effect. Smalls are plentiful but not so much that you can easily muster 50 small scales for 1 large unless you've been playing for years.

A scaling system would be nice.

1. 2 smalls for any other small
2. 3 smalls for 1 medium
3. 3 mediums for 1 large

That would mean to get 1 large devil scale you would need 9 small devil scales and to complete the average double shard item you'd need 45small devil scales.

I've got quite a few smalls but nowhere near the amount it would require me to complete a single tier 3 item based on the above suggestion.

One could argue that it would stop people from running shroud to completion but I don't think so, it would still worth it to complete for the 20th rewards.

I could be wrong though.

Quarterling
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM

/signed

Blackbird
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Thought about this for a long time and finally decided I am against it as it would destroy a lot of little market we have. Would much rather see deconstruction, now if it comes about they do the 3 for 1 or whatever I wont really care and if they put it to vote I would abstain

I'm not sure it would destroy the market. It would still be pretty expensive to swap ingredients, especially since, like in Gianthold, you can't mix and match (i.e. turn in 1 bone, 1 arrow, and 1 chain for a scale). This exists in GH where the drop rate on relics is much higher than in the Vale and, the last time I checked, GH relics were still super expensive on the AH. Yes, you need more relics to flag than ingredients for 1 GS item (until the lower # of relics to flag change goes live) but most people craft many GS items but only flag for Tor once.

So.../signed :)

Uska
12-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure it would destroy the market. It would still be pretty expensive to swap ingredients, especially since, like in Gianthold, you can't mix and match (i.e. turn in 1 bone, 1 arrow, and 1 chain for a scale). This exists in GH where the drop rate on relics is much higher than in the Vale and, the last time I checked, GH relics were still super expensive on the AH. Yes, you need more relics to flag than ingredients for 1 GS item (until the lower # of relics to flag change goes live) but most people craft many GS items but only flag for Tor once.

So.../signed :)

slightly off topic but

only going to need 9 of each relic now and even now they dont seem very expensive only the dragon ones are even mildly so I dont even bother to post mine on the AH as its not worth my time to do so gonna see if I can max on stack of each of them

donfilibuster
12-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Well i didn't find the relics needed any fixing but while you are at it please make the sigil for abbot easier.

ormsbygore
12-08-2010, 03:20 PM
I like the idea either way it was proposed...

Option #1
3 smalls for 1 medium of the same type
3 medium for 1 large fo the same type

or...

Option #2
3 smalls for 1 other small
3 mediums for 1 other medium
3 larges for 1 other large
(like a quest reward, turn 3 in and choose 1, just like turning in 50 Draconic runes for 1 Eldrich or 1 DT Armor)

Could even go as far(for balance reasons) as making it similar to Runes in Reaver's Refuge, instead of an NPC turn in, making them have to enter shroud(or the appropriate Airship) to do the swaping...

Option #1
Crunch 3 smalls in the alter of invasion for 1 medium of the same type
Crunch 3 mediums in the alter of subjugation for 1 large of the same type
Crunch 1 large in the alter of devastation for 2 mediums or 3 smalls of the same type

Option #2
Crunch 3 smalls in the alter of invasion for 1 random small not of the same type
Crunch 3 mediums in the alter of subjugation for 1 random medium not of the same type
Crunch 3 larges in the alter of devastation for 1 random large not of the same type

I know it will be less liked by most of the players out there, but I think it would be better balanced vs. an NPC turn in.

However it gets into the game(if it does).

/signed ~Nim

Blackbird
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
slightly off topic but

only going to need 9 of each relic now and even now they dont seem very expensive only the dragon ones are even mildly so I dont even bother to post mine on the AH as its not worth my time to do so gonna see if I can max on stack of each of them

They must be cheaper on G-land. On Thelanis not too long ago they were listed for about 60k for either 10 or 20, I don't remember which. I didn't buy them since they weren't worth it (as I do not buy large devil scales on the AH either).

Robi3.0
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't for see this happening til there is more to do at level 17-20 then grind ToD and the Shroud. I guess epics as well.

It would be nice if the grind was lessened though.

Bracosius
12-08-2010, 03:43 PM
No because...
Umm...
Ummm....

..Yeah, I see no reason not to do this.

david_p_hagan
12-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I like the idea of trading 3 of one size for 1 of the same size, but I'm against being able to trade any number of a size to 1 of the next size up. You'll get a lot of people running phase 1 over and over again to get smalls, then trading them for mediums and then larges. People should not be getting larges without ever fighting Harry. In fact, if their guild is high enough level, they could craft GS Tier 3 without ever fighting Harry. Of course, with larges being available at the AH (albeit for super high prices) they can do that anyway. In fact its possible to craft GS Tier 3 without ever entering the Shroud.

grodon9999
12-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Hell yeah.

Rakian_Knight
12-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Large for Large /signed

Alavatar
12-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I think we're all in concurrence that something would be better than nothing. :D

biggin
12-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I like the Large for Large idea. Problem with trading up as I see it (small to med to large) is that even with a modest 3-4 toons Shroud flagged you could farm parts 1-2 to ransack and easily craft a LG Scale from smalls, not to mention if you ran it to 5 then recalled before completion. Now including mediums you could craft 3-6 Lg Scales a week. If you kept it Lg to Lg, at least the amount of ingredients would actually be less on the economy since you are destroying 2 everytime you crafted. I don't know how long some of you have been running the Shroud, but many of the vets who only had that as end game for a long time have at minimum 100 smalls per toon. It was to the point when I found a good player who was unguilded (or their guild didn't take care of them) I could drop them all mats up to t3, minus the lg scales, for their first GS without blinking.

If they do this I would also like to trade blank mats 3 for 1 also.

Luxx0r
12-10-2010, 10:03 AM
/signed

3 to one of the same size seems to me as a reasonable exchange rate, not overpowered but enough to lessen the GS grind a bit.

BTW, just 27 relics for GH?

Yay! That's great news!

Wait! I want back the other 33 I gave to that giant swindler

donfilibuster
12-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Looks that Singefur, Hoorunoe and Horatin loudily complained that Crag was hoarding all the relics for himself.

Ziindarax
12-10-2010, 06:12 PM
I think trading upward would make things too easy. On the other hand, 2 larges for one large of a different type would be a much better trade than 3 larges considering larges are the one shroud ingredients you get the fewest of.

waterboytkd
12-11-2010, 05:46 AM
I like this. I think the 3 larges for 1 large of other type is a must. I don't think trading up 3 of one type for 1 of same type but bigger would really cause problems, but it would have to be in addition to the first option, which would mean that it would take 27 of any one small to get any one large, and those vets with 100+ of each small would be able to just make anything as soon as it was implemented. Maybe a bit crazy for the vets, but for those of us with light shroud ingredient bags, it wouldn't matter all that much. Of course, you would see a lot more people taking the ddoor before the fifth altar was attuned...

definitely /signed on the 3 type of one size for any 1 type of same size.

undecided on trading up sizes.

Nerate_Mireth
12-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I like the idea of trading 3 of one size for 1 of the same size, but I'm against being able to trade any number of a size to 1 of the next size up. You'll get a lot of people running phase 1 over and over again to get smalls, then trading them for mediums and then larges. People should not be getting larges without ever fighting Harry. In fact, if their guild is high enough level, they could craft GS Tier 3 without ever fighting Harry. Of course, with larges being available at the AH (albeit for super high prices) they can do that anyway. In fact its possible to craft GS Tier 3 without ever entering the Shroud.

+1 rep....exactly what I was thinking when I read this thread.

Take the current vendor and formula from GH and use it for gs ingreds. A few days of re-coding and placement, couple of weeks of testing on Llamnia and there ya go...make it part of Update 9 (along with spell ingredient bags, wand pouches and scroll pouches).

biggin
12-12-2010, 04:20 PM
I like this. I think the 3 larges for 1 large of other type is a must. I don't think trading up 3 of one type for 1 of same type but bigger would really cause problems, but it would have to be in addition to the first option, which would mean that it would take 27 of any one small to get any one large, and those vets with 100+ of each small would be able to just make anything as soon as it was implemented. Maybe a bit crazy for the vets, but for those of us with light shroud ingredient bags, it wouldn't matter all that much. Of course, you would see a lot more people taking the ddoor before the fifth altar was attuned...

definitely /signed on the 3 type of one size for any 1 type of same size.

undecided on trading up sizes.

I think your math may be a bit off, or we may be talking about a different crunching process.....

3 small scales = 1 med
3 small scales = 1 med
3 small scales = 1 med

then 3 med scales = 1 large scale

....so anyone with 9 small scales could make a large. Still not horrible, but also anyone with 3 smalls and 2 meds would also get a large, so on and so forth. Basically large scales would be ridiculously easy to farm. I'm not voting against it altogether, but being able to almost pull 3 large scales per run (2 small scales, 2 meds, then a large in Part 4 and 5), even if a remote possibility, would almost be a certainty with multiple toons farming 1-4 to ransack. I do agree about the 3 to 1 for same tier though, maybe even having to use a tier 1,2 or 3 shard and a power cell to make the process work. It would at least give us a reason to stop leaving the t2 and 3 shards in the chests.

Alavatar
12-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Personally, I don't like the idea of trading smaller ingredients for larger ones. I think it should just be smalls for smalls, mediums for mediums, and larges for larges.

Alavatar
12-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey Devs, what are the chances of getting something like this in Update 9? :D:o;):cool:

brian14
12-20-2010, 03:14 PM
slightly off topic but

Must depend on the server.

I am in Cannith; a week or so ago I went into Gianthold for the first time ever, on a guest pass. Got a giant relic and a dragon relic. Giant relic sold on AH right away; I forgot what I asked for it, but know posted dragon relic for about half that, given their abundance on AH already. It did not sell at all. I ended up giving it to a guildie.

Exicon
12-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Something needs to be done for larges because the grind is ridiculous. Between not getting any (part 4... 10 consecutive runs and all that dropped was 1 depleted cell - no it was not ransack - got sm and med just fine and was run over 2 weeks or so) and the dill holes that hit the friggin altar too soon in part 5 (just got finished while i was recalling - did not get final chests). Guildie had 12 consecutive runs with no large. It should not be possible to run several weeks and make 0 progress.... that's just bogus (this is assuming you watch the ransack and do not finish). Haven't got a large from Devil Assault elite in probably 10 runs. No wonder the AH thieves continue to list large ingredients at out of control prices... people get so friggin desperate... they give in and buy them.... an exploit that should be fixed.

I don't care how it's fixed... just fix it. Change the drop rate... allow trade in's... one for one... trade ups... whatever. You need 24 of the right larges to make a dual imbued shard... worst case (like getting 0 over 2 weeks in part 4) you can get 3 random larges in shroud in about a week (always have got one in part 5)... assuming you get the right ones (very unlikely) it will take 2 months minimum of running shroud. Don't have the data on the drop rates so I'm not sure of the statistical distribution on length of elapsed time required to get the needed larges... but I'm guessing that 3 months is not unheard of.

voodoogroves
12-22-2010, 04:58 PM
I like swapping same size, but I don't like swapping up. No one would complete any more and just farm it.

Then again, I think I just described Stealer of Souls.

dkyle
12-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Something needs to be done for larges because the grind is ridiculous. Between not getting any (part 4... 10 consecutive runs and all that dropped was 1 depleted cell - no it was not ransack - got sm and med just fine and was run over 2 weeks or so) and the dill holes that hit the friggin altar too soon in part 5 (just got finished while i was recalling - did not get final chests). Guildie had 12 consecutive runs with no large. It should not be possible to run several weeks and make 0 progress.... that's just bogus (this is assuming you watch the ransack and do not finish). Haven't got a large from Devil Assault elite in probably 10 runs.

The best way to get Larges is to complete Shroud runs. Not completing means more grind, and you might get your item sooner. It's better to just complete, and spend your time on timer leveling an alt.

No wonder the AH thieves continue to list large ingredients at out of control prices... people get so friggin desperate... they give in and buy them.... an exploit that should be fixed.

Believe it or not, 350k plat for an LDS is a reasonable price. Ingredients are unbound for a reason. Buying and selling them is not an exploit.

Matuse
12-23-2010, 01:52 AM
In fact its possible to craft GS Tier 3 without ever entering the Shroud.

Illuminate for us exactly how one obtains a set of shards without ever entering the shroud or fighting harry.

This should be good.

Exicon
12-23-2010, 10:31 AM
The best way to get Larges is to complete Shroud runs. Not completing means more grind, and you might get your item sooner. It's better to just complete, and spend your time on timer leveling an alt.

Perhaps in it's current incarnation... and that partly makes the point... the elapsed time required is a PITA.

Believe it or not, 350k plat for an LDS is a reasonable price. Ingredients are unbound for a reason. Buying and selling them is not an exploit.

The market drives (or should) the price. The drop mechanic is driving the market. Agreed... buying and selling not an exploit in the sense of a game exploit. The context I was trying to put it in was that the market price charged... is exploitive (of other players that don't have 3 20's to run shroud). I regularly watch the market and most of those larges go unsold at the prices typically listed. Assume for a minute you were going to make a GS... and buy all ingredients from the AH. For the sake of illustration, assume 200K plat is the average... times 24 ingredients. That's 4.8 million plat... just for the last tier. There is nowhere near that much iterative value in adding an acid burst... or +2 exceptional con to an item (to frame it... how much time and quest running would be required to gain 4.8 million plat??).

350K might be reasonable based on the current AH... but it's driven by the veteran haves that already have twinked toons and the farming structure in place... and it is arbitrary. It also creates a environment that is not new player friendly (speaking of new in the sense of a committed player that has not been grinding for a year yet). I do not think that was the intent of the system. Are 4 large ingredients worth 6 months or more of grinding quests to get the plat to buy them? ... simple answer ... no... therefore the prices are exploitive. Change the mechanic on larges and it will help mitigate the problem.

Exicon
12-23-2010, 10:38 AM
:::snip:::
...put an Ingredient Quartermaster (similar to the Relic Quartermaster in Gianthold) in Meridia for Shroud ingredients!
:::snip:::

BTW... +1 rep... excellent idea.

Musouka
12-23-2010, 10:45 AM
I would agree to this as long as it remains Smalls to small, medium to medium, and large to large. Allowing people to trade smalls for mediums or mediums to larges will destroy the system, as it is much easier to just farm for smalls and mediums over and over. This would prevent completion, as majority of the group will only want their first item finished and leave the few who want completion to finish shortmanned.

dkyle
12-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Perhaps in it's current incarnation... and that partly makes the point... the elapsed time required is a PITA.

But you said "grind". Timers are not "grind". Timers mean you can spend your time doing something else if you want. If you try to grind for a Greensteel by constantly DDooring instead of completing, well, you're the one choosing to grind. It may take a while to make a dual shard greensteel, but it's not out of line with the expected time it takes to get any endgame item.

I regularly watch the market and most of those larges go unsold at the prices typically listed.

Part of this is the AH fee. If someone sells a scale for 300k on the AH, they only get 200K for it. Better to trade in person. And trading Scales for plat is pretty uncommon, it seems. Most are trades for rarer items, where the scale acts as currency.

Assume for a minute you were going to make a GS... and buy all ingredients from the AH. For the sake of illustration, assume 200K plat is the average... times 24 ingredients. That's 4.8 million plat... just for the last tier. There is nowhere near that much iterative value in adding an acid burst... or +2 exceptional con to an item (to frame it... how much time and quest running would be required to gain 4.8 million plat??).

If you're going for just acid blast (burst is Tier 2), you're doing it wrong. You do it for the Metalline (on a MinII), or Earthgrab (on a triple-earth). Breaking DR is a big deal at endgame.

350K might be reasonable based on the current AH... but it's driven by the veteran haves that already have twinked toons and the farming structure in place... and it is arbitrary.

It's not arbitrary. It's what people are willing to pay given the supply and demand.

It also creates a environment that is not new player friendly (speaking of new in the sense of a committed player that has not been grinding for a year yet). I do not think that was the intent of the system.

Again, the best way to make a MinII is to complete Shrouds. It's Raid loot; you're supposed to do the Raid to get them. Buying Larges is a way to fill in your gaps, and a way to sell very high value items.

Are 4 large ingredients worth 6 months or more of grinding quests to get the plat to buy them? ... simple answer ... no... therefore the prices are exploitive. Change the mechanic on larges and it will help mitigate the problem.

Having high value items is not a "problem". You're under no obligation to buy them. Run the quest and get them yourself.

Exicon
12-23-2010, 04:01 PM
If you're going for just acid blast (burst is Tier 2), you're doing it wrong. You do it for the Metalline (on a MinII), or Earthgrab (on a triple-earth). Breaking DR is a big deal at endgame.

Understood. My main has two min II's... would not have been worth 4.8 million plat. Already had DR breakers (metalline pure good/holy) at significantly less cost. Again... the iterative value just isn't there to justify the cost of larges on the AH.... not any way you look at it.

It's not arbitrary. It's what people are willing to pay given the supply and demand.

Of course it's arbitrary. It's what people are forced to pay if they can't wait to farm it. The fact that the majority of the listings expire at the listed price shows that at the exorbenant price... the demand is not there. Because an ingredient rich veteran has a bag full of larges they can sell... and afford to list 15 times til it sells says nothing about the market setting an appropriate price. If it were actually balanced at an appropriate price (and it isn't) most of the listings would sell (and they don't).

Again, the best way to make a MinII is to complete Shrouds. It's Raid loot; you're supposed to do the Raid to get them. Buying Larges is a way to fill in your gaps, and a way to sell very high value items.

Overpriced by a select minority attempting to stay in control of what they can get for them... on that rare occasion. One large is 1/24 of the large ingredients... run the numbers. There is no friggin way a min II values out at over 10 mil plat (very high value = arbitrary = not quantified). Do they have value... obviously... just not what they are listed for on AH.

Having high value items is not a "problem". You're under no obligation to buy them. Run the quest and get them yourself.

Been there done that. Never bought one... and I take every opportunity possible to list an item at 20% of what the AH is commonly listing them for.

Ziindarax
12-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Understood. My main has two min II's... would not have been worth 4.8 million plat. Already had DR breakers (metalline pure good/holy) at significantly less cost. Again... the iterative value just isn't there to justify the cost of larges on the AH.... not any way you look at it.

Of course it's arbitrary. It's what people are forced to pay if they can't wait to farm it. The fact that the majority of the listings expire at the listed price shows that at the exorbenant price... the demand is not there. Because an ingredient rich veteran has a bag full of larges they can sell... and afford to list 15 times til it sells says nothing about the market setting an appropriate price. If it were actually balanced at an appropriate price (and it isn't) most of the listings would sell (and they don't).

Overpriced by a select minority attempting to stay in control of what they can get for them... on that rare occasion. One large is 1/24 of the large ingredients... run the numbers. There is no friggin way a min II values out at over 10 mil plat (very high value = arbitrary = not quantified). Do they have value... obviously... just not what they are listed for on AH.

Been there done that. Never bought one... and I take every opportunity possible to list an item at 20% of what the AH is commonly listing them for.

I strong agree with you; large Shroud materials should not cost that much.

ssgcmwatson
01-04-2011, 06:48 PM

I'm curious to know where one finds which auctions have sold and which haven't.... I've been looking for that info for ages!

Alavatar
01-09-2011, 03:59 AM
I would like to re-iterate my desire for an Ingredient Quartermaster. Or, make it a Cauldron and therefore not require a dialog script?

NaturalHazard
01-09-2011, 04:01 AM
On my 35 run I got my first large scale and today on my 36th i got my 2nd phew finally.

CrosisBlackwing
01-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Illuminate for us exactly how one obtains a set of shards without ever entering the shroud or fighting harry.

This should be good.

Well... Shards of Power drop in Devil Assault, and Great Shards drop in Part 2 of ToD. Do Supremes drop in Part 3? That would mean you didn't even have to fight Harry for a set of Shards.

ka0t1c1sm
01-09-2011, 05:24 AM
I love the idea, but not so sure about trading up smalls. As small ingredients are available in the DDO store, people could just buy their way up to larges and, with altars available on higher level guild airships, craft Greensteel without running a single Shroud.

Alavatar
01-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I love the idea, but not so sure about trading up smalls. As small ingredients are available in the DDO store, people could just buy their way up to larges and, with altars available on higher level guild airships, craft Greensteel without running a single Shroud.

I concur.

pjw
01-09-2011, 06:13 PM
3:1 Same Size:Same Size works for me.

If you want to allow size upgrades, then the trader/device/altar should be in the relevant part of the shroud so that you still have to complete part 3 to get larges.

Rakian_Knight
01-09-2011, 10:44 PM
If they implement this (either with only Large for Large or smaller for larger) why not make the quartermaster behind the barrier on the last part? It would require a completion to get to and also be right there by the last alter?

Kasbark
01-10-2011, 04:00 AM
/Signed!

bryanmeerkat
01-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Man , I should really go and sit myself down in Meredia and offer 3-1 trades on the mats i have , just call my self the quatermaster or somet .

Dont you people have a trade window that you can use with other players ?

callforkills
01-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Great idea
/signed.

callforkills
01-10-2011, 04:25 AM
On my 35 run I got my first large scale and today on my 36th i got my 2nd phew finally.

I get more large scales than i get large bones..
Right now i have loads of large scales and need stones.

Wildseed
01-10-2011, 05:49 AM
3:1 larges for larges I agree with, not smaller trading up, and to the earlier question, there is NO way to get tier 3 greensteel without entering the shroud at all, you have to at least go to part 4 and pull a supreme shard, there's no other way to get one. Sorry, you're misinformed.

So, /signed

bryanmeerkat
01-10-2011, 05:52 AM

Well this thread should surely tell you what you need to do , go to trade and put something like . WTT my large scale for 3 large stones .
Apparently there are a lot of people out there that will jump at this kind of deal .

pjw
01-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Well this thread should surely tell you what you need to do , go to trade and put something like . WTT my large scale for 3 large stones .
Apparently there are a lot of people out there that will jump at this kind of deal .

For clarity, I think it's more likely people would trade bones, chains or horns for the more desirable ingredients.

Malison
01-10-2011, 06:25 AM
/signed, for trading within a size

/not signed, for trading between tiers

My toons have stayed in for completion every run since my first one was flagged, and I still have 30+ of each small/medium ingredient and just a handful of larges. Double shard tier 3's are killer. It would be really convenient to be able to trade them up, but I'm still against the /easy.

Dendrix
01-10-2011, 06:55 AM
A 3 for 1 trade within a size category would be good.
A trade up size category would by very bad.

NaturalHazard
01-10-2011, 07:07 AM

how do you get your shards then?

NaturalHazard
01-10-2011, 07:10 AM

lucky bastard took me 35 completions before i got my first large scale. :)

bryanmeerkat
01-10-2011, 07:19 AM
lucky bastard took me 35 completions before i got my first large scale. :)

My first run I got 2 , then on my 3rd run i got two more . (Its because my charachter s name begins with an E )

Sebastrd
01-10-2011, 09:54 AM
/signed

I think it should be small -> small, medium -> medium, large -> large
No reason to discourage completion runs.

Alavatar
01-14-2011, 11:24 AM
It sure would be nice to be able to convert the 40 Large Bones I have to something more useful! :P

Alavatar
01-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Any chance of a Dev comment? :D

Raodin-bel-iori
02-20-2011, 11:54 PM
I like it! This would make getting what you need so much easier since you get plenty of the "other stuff" while looking for the pieces you really want.

Pehtis
02-21-2011, 07:38 AM
/signed

I think it should be small -> small, medium -> medium, large -> large
No reason to discourage completion runs.

/signed.
Having capped a toon I became increasingly despondent in the game in part because of the current grind getting the required the materials. The randomness of getting any/or something you need is not good and acts as great discouragement to play any more. Ultimately that results in lost revenue (and negative word of mouth) to Turbine.

Onesikpup
02-21-2011, 07:45 AM
/not skimmed by a dev

Alavatar
03-04-2011, 11:51 AM
/not skimmed by a dev

Are you implying that you are a dev? ;)

Bodic
03-04-2011, 12:00 PM
3identical->1 same size you pick (just like GH)
or
3->1 upgrade 1tier random

I would be ok with either of these not both

ulticleo
03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
/signed

3 of the same kind for any other of the same size
10 of any size (no need to be identical) for 1 of one size larger

for those complaining that 3->1 size bigger is too much, fine. how about 10->1 size bigger? it would still be better than nothing, and let me get rid of the dozens of useless small and medium ing. And if someone wants to run part 1 hundreds of times instead of facing harry, let them. they WILL NOT be able to craft anything without running the shroud at least to part 4, as they won't have any shards. And if you want to enforce completions, make shards drop ONLY in the part 5 chests. since large scales would be so much easier to come by, I don't mind taking shards away from part 4.

btw, I don't DD. I have 6 capped toons, and when it's time to craft, I run 2 or 3 shrouds a night until I have what I need. then ignore the shroud as much as possible until it's time to craft again. But if someone is having fun running a few hundred part 1 farming sessions instead, power to them.

MarkusWolfe
03-04-2011, 04:40 PM
/signed.