PDA

View Full Version : New bard songs and instruments

ZeroTakenaka
12-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Each race should have a special instrument that they should play when you do your bard songs

Human - Lute
Elf - Flute
Halfling - Piccolo
Dwarf - Bass?
Warforged - Don't know
Drow Elf - Don't Know
Half-Elf - Don't Know
Half-Orc - Drums

Also, I'd like to suggest a new song

Epic Song - Bard Level 20 - It doesn't do anything but it is epic. *insert random rock solo or something*

david_p_hagan
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
I personally would much rather see the Dwarf playing a tuba. How could that not be absolutely hilarious.

How about adding duets? Two bards have to play the same song, and it gives a slightly better bonus (increase bonus by half of initial bonus). For example, two bards playing inspire heroics provide a +6 bonus instead of +4. Parties willing to sacrifice a spot for a second bard would be rewarded with a slightly better enhancement. Three Bards could get +8, etc. Although we'd see raids of one barbarian with 11 bards following him around as his personal orchestra.

Probably best to have a hard limit of 3 bards singing a song at once.

There could also be a restriction that they have to play different instruments, so you need bards of different races to get the Harmony bonus.

What do you think?

Missing_Minds
12-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I want them to rip the music system from Lotro and put it in here also.

ZeroTakenaka
12-07-2010, 01:58 PM
I personally would much rather see the Dwarf playing a tuba. How could that not be absolutely hilarious.

How about adding duets? Two bards have to play the same song, and it gives a slightly better bonus (increase bonus by half of initial bonus). For example, two bards playing inspire heroics provide a +6 bonus instead of +4. Parties willing to sacrifice a spot for a second bard would be rewarded with a slightly better enhancement. Three Bards could get +8, etc. Although we'd see raids of one barbarian with 11 bards following him around as his personal orchestra.

Probably best to have a hard limit of 3 bards singing a song at once.

There could also be a restriction that they have to play different instruments, so you need bards of different races to get the Harmony bonus.

What do you think?

Well... Dwarves are notoriously long-winded =D... Dwarf Tuba GO

tripwire11
12-07-2010, 02:01 PM
i think a warforged would probably open the mixer panel in their chest and lay down some techno beats

Memnir
12-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I want them to rip the music system from Lotro and put it in here also.This please.

Aashrym
12-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Dwarf should be bagpipes. :D

ddocaleb
12-14-2010, 08:52 PM
That would be funny to see 2 dwarves playing a tuba. And what a great idea about the multiple bards (limit3). Now thats how the developers should be thinking. Also a WF should be able to throw a halfling for extra damage lol. And maybe give the little dwarves a sonic hedgehog roll as an attack they ARE round after all. :)