PDA

View Full Version : Add More Bugs

kilagan800
12-03-2010, 11:12 PM
ddo only has spiders and scorpians. Consider adding more variations of bugs? Like giant: centipedes, worms, ants, beetles, robber flies, leeches, etc.

In three barrel cove there's scorpians by the beach instead of crabs. Tangleroot could use some giant centipedes, and Red Fens could use leeches.

stoolcannon
12-03-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm sure they will add plenty of bugs with update 8.

ZING!

Dulcimerist
12-03-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm sure they will add plenty of bugs with update 8.

ZING!

You beat me to it! LOL

Back to the OP, I would also love to see more vermin to fight in DDO! They really need to have a quest where you fight a Succubus as a boss, and there are swarms of crabs everywhere.

IanYang
12-04-2010, 03:18 AM
More mob races is a good idea, but I guess a race must firstly exists in D&D books and then it can be introduced into DDO.

Wraith_Sarevok
12-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Personally I'd like to see Formians and Beetles, because I've fought them in my other Dungeons and Dragons games. But I'm not sure those two are in the Eberron campaign setting.

chrisgina39
12-04-2010, 03:44 AM
theres plenty of bugs more every update
o the creature well id like some

Dandonk
12-04-2010, 03:48 AM
Well, I'm sure they can add some more stuck spots if you really want...

Ziindarax
12-04-2010, 08:48 AM
You beat me to it! LOL

Back to the OP, I would also love to see more vermin to fight in DDO! They really need to have a quest where you fight a Succubus as a boss, and there are swarms of crabs everywhere.

Under the Big Top has a Succubus boss... just no crabs. >.>

Also, I would like to fight crabs, lobsters, and crayfish where appropriate rather than scorpions. :)

Culver.Civello
12-04-2010, 08:51 AM
You do have Ants/Halfings and Leeches/Pikers! They are just named differently for some reason.

Also, Oozes seem kind leech like. Just add bleeding to their attacks instead of acid, and you got it!

Gorbadoc
12-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Carrion Crawler!

Over night, it would eclipse air elementals as far and away the most annoying monster in the game. Their attack does zero damage; instead, it applies a paralytic poison. Once all members of a party are so paralyzed, the crawler eats them alive at its leisure.

Or that's how it works in the PnP rules I grew up with. In DDO, a literal implementation of the above rules would lead to stun-locked parties-- unable to die, yet unable to take any action.

Ziindarax
12-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Carrion Crawler!

Over night, it would eclipse air elementals as far and away the most annoying monster in the game. Their attack does zero damage; instead, it applies a paralytic poison. Once all members of a party are so paralyzed, the crawler eats them alive at its leisure.

Or that's how it works in the PnP rules I grew up with. In DDO, a literal implementation of the above rules would lead to stun-locked parties-- unable to die, yet unable to take any action.

Ah! The Carrion Crawler... I always hated fighting those things in the earlier D&D games (especially in Baldur's Gate 1 where you had to fight a bunch of them in this tunnel, and then have to deal with this hideous queen. *shudders*. Carrion crawlers would make a wonderful addition to DDO.

hityawithastick
12-04-2010, 11:33 AM
In DDO, a literal implementation of the above rules would lead to stun-locked parties-- unable to die, yet unable to take any action.

This would be hilarious.

NadgersFishtoaster
12-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Of course there are bugs in D&D, with the classic Fire Beetle as an example.

Here is a link to a type:vermin page on a D&D wiki, which should start people off: http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/SRD:Vermin_Type

Razcar
12-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Under the Big Top has a Succubus boss... just no crabs. >.>
So does Wrath of the Flame.