PDA

View Full Version : I'm dumb but my wiz is bright!

Zaal
11-23-2010, 10:07 PM
I have have an 8 int in real life, ok, maybe a 6, but my wizzie practically invented the abacus!

So when he's browsing for new spells at ye magik shoppe, he really doesn't want to see the spells he's already memmed.

He'd appreciate a clicky to filter out the spells he already knows.

And he'd appreciate you who find merit in this suggestion, to spread some feeback love to his humble , less than int'ish puppetier :)

frznvimes
11-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Well, you can have your known spells list and store window open at the same time (and the scrolls are in the same order), so it's not too difficult to see what you're missing.

Culver.Civello
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Well, you can have your known spells list and store window open at the same time (and the scrolls are in the same order), so it's not too difficult to see what you're missing.

Gotta admit that it would be easier though.... for us Lazy people.

Really doesn't have much to do with your Int as it does...er... Charisma?

Low Charisma=Lazy?

Impaqt
11-23-2010, 10:49 PM
What if I want to buy the scroll... to use the scroll?

bryanmeerkat
11-24-2010, 02:37 AM

Then you could click the aforementioned clickie the OP mentioned .

Zaal
11-24-2010, 09:43 AM

Also and dunno if they fixed it but, in past some scrolls would show up in the wrong level range so you'd have to switch back and forth.

But again, and per my orginal post, i'm not bright enough to keep track of the huge list of spells avail - or better stated, don't really want to spend the intellectual capital to research, etc... but my very smart castor should be able to knock this out without a drop of sweat.

Zaal
11-24-2010, 09:44 AM

OMG Impaqt! You actually asked that??? The years are taking a toll on your brainz - u get +1 for your ever amazing ability to suprise me :D

Impaqt
11-24-2010, 09:58 AM
yeah, missed that part.

:o

cedad
11-24-2010, 10:03 AM

And What if he is a Wizzard 11 and want to buy the scroll for level 7, he didn't already write ?
There's AFAIK no way to know which spell you already know for a level you can't cast.

cebridges
11-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Low Charisma=Lazy?

no, wis.

Zaal
11-24-2010, 10:21 AM
oh come on - every one knows it's CONSTITUTION based... who has the CON to keep going over the same list of spells over and over eh?:)

der_kluge
11-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Sort by value - and then they're in level order.

Probably not worth the devs time to work on this, as there are far more important things to do.

Plus, it's not terribly realistic. You wouldn't walk up to the grocery store and say "Can you remove the things from your shelves that I already have in my refrigerator at home, so that I don't end up buying more cheese than I can use?"

Zaal
11-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Probably not worth the devs time to work on this, as there are far more important things to do. If I had a piece of Platt every time I've see that reply on suggestions... Fair enough I suppose on my crappy suggestions but I tend to see it on may others as well...

Plus, it's not terribly realistic. You wouldn't walk up to the grocery store and say "Can you remove the things from your shelves that I already have in my refrigerator at home, so that I don't end up buying more cheese than I can use?"I'm not asking for the vendor to do that... Instead asking that my toon utlize his 30+ INT to only look at the certain items... And perhaps a counterpoint to your grocery scenario would be, "I'm interested in this years car models... don't show me anything else from last year."

Dealers in magic might even be able to craft a spell to foucs on those items you have interest in.

And it's not to far a strech to consider filtering out what isn't appropriate.. the DDO store does it! :cool: