PDA

View Full Version : Music

AyumiAmakusa
11-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Is it me or are majority of quests in the game completely silent?

I find myself constantly standing in a couple of areas of the game where I actually like the music (or it exists). They are:

1) Lockania's quest. (If I can enter it)
2) The Vale of Twilight explorer area where the Rare Bats spawn.
3) Reavers Raid entrance. (And ONLY at the entrance)

The first three have the same music I like.

4) Path of Inspiration (where the quest is like Devil's Assault)
5) Eye of the Titan
6) Several boss battles
7) VoD
8) 'Fighting music' when enemies spot you/fight you.

Nope, can't find any other places with music. Too often I find myself dozing off to the silence. Does anyone feel the same way or should I just switch off 'BGM' and pop out my ipod (or play music on my comp).

SolarDawning
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
My favorite music is Amrath.

uhgungawa
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
VoN6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik2uc69WbU)

Scherwiz2
11-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Is it me or are majority of quests in the game completely silent?

I find myself constantly standing in a couple of areas of the game where I actually like the music (or it exists). They are:

1) Lockania's quest. (If I can enter it)
2) The Vale of Twilight explorer area where the Rare Bats spawn.
3) Reavers Raid entrance. (And ONLY at the entrance)

The first three have the same music I like.

4) Path of Inspiration (where the quest is like Devil's Assault)
5) Eye of the Titan
6) Several boss battles
7) VoD
8) 'Fighting music' when enemies spot you/fight you.

Nope, can't find any other places with music. Too often I find myself dozing off to the silence. Does anyone feel the same way or should I just switch off 'BGM' and pop out my ipod (or play music on my comp).

You left out Three-Barrel Cove. The entire explorer zone has the pirate theme music playing while the "Salty Wench" tavern has a similar track. The Portable Hole also has a bunch of different music playing in the background but it used to be completely silent.

Regardless, you are correct about the game not having much in the way of music. It is a shame really since some of the music in the game is really good. Amrath springs to mind along with the Lockania's quest music (called "The Dead" I believe).

Raodin-bel-iori
11-21-2010, 07:04 PM
I'd like more quest music. It'd add some spice to the game. On a side note, am I the only one or does anyone else think the market music is a bit depressing at times? It needs some livening up. It's a marketplace, people are selling stuff! Get the people some coffee and wake them all up with some tunes.

MrCow
11-21-2010, 07:24 PM
There may be more music than you are caring to recognize in DDO, of which are (circa module 6, haven't updated things since):

Battle

Amrath 1-4
Carnival 1-4
Gianthold 1-4
Hezrou (Into the Deep end fight)
Last Stand 1-2
Malicia (The Big Top end fight)
Orchard 1-3
Original Release 1-42
Sunken Parish
Titan (Added into several other bigger fights later on)
Underwater 1-3 (Into the Deep)
Vale 1-3
Visions of Destruction
Fathom the Depths 1-4

Music

Beneath the Waves (Fathom the Depths)
Character Creation
Character Select
Degenev Brothers
Delerium Insanity 1-2
Devil Fortress 1-2 (Amrath Dungeons)
Meet Euphonia
Eye of the Titan
Hall of the Mark 1-3
Hound of Xoriat
Jungle Rhythm
Marketplace Destruction
Phiarlan Chapterhouse
Pirate Themes 1-6
Plane of Night (A remaking of Thwarting the Threat)
Postern Gates Wild (Later to be Ataraxia's Haven)
Protect Your Will
Race Against Time
The Shroud 1 (used in Mindsunder also) and The Shroud 2
Threnal 1-4
Threnal Dungeon 1-4
Thwarting the Threat 1-2
Tower of Despair, Judgement

Town Related

Amrath 1-2
Harbor 1-4
House Deneith 1-3
House Jorasco 1-3
House Kundarak 1-3
House Phiarlan 1-3
Marketplace 1-3
Marketplace Tent
Shopping 1-2
Tavern 1-18

Some of the tunes may be ambient in nature, but there is enough to them to call the pieces music. There are also a few more clips and pieces that exist in the sound files that haven't been used either.

Almost every major update has added some music with few expections (Sands of Menechtarun, Reaver's Refuge, and Sentinals).

skyjuice
11-21-2010, 07:59 PM
I'd like more quest music. It'd add some spice to the game. On a side note, am I the only one or does anyone else think the market music is a bit depressing at times? It needs some livening up. It's a marketplace, people are selling stuff! Get the people some coffee and wake them all up with some tunes.

You are not alone. This is 100% of what i think as well.

On a similar note i find myself agreeing with a few people in regards to choice musics. The themes for VoD and the Lock's quest comes to mind.

The tavern music is spot on and pretty stellar imo.

Other than those i found nothing else memorable about ddo music.

Mayhaps Turbine might want to look into Jeremy Soule (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Soule) or Inon Zur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inon_Zur) for inspiration!

fco-karatekid
01-20-2011, 01:28 AM
...It's a marketplace, people are selling stuff! Get the people some coffee and wake them all up with some tunes.

Devs - walk into Trademeet in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.

THAT'S what a market place should sound like.

Insofar as Three Barrel Cove is concerned - wholeheartedly agree - the dearth of gear and quests is offset by the enjoyable background theme while grinding S/R/E. BTW, this is the most WASTED wilderness in the first 12 char levels.... it has SO much potential - spice it up!

Battle music in Fathom the Depths is energizing, and the Orthon battle theme from Chronoscope made chills go down the first time I heard it, and still does! Specially with Bloodplate's leech sound effects firing over the top of it!

Kmnh
01-20-2011, 02:02 AM
I love the music on Partycrashers and Under the Big Top, it makes the dull running around less painful

donfilibuster
01-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Leaving the link here for those who use the text search to find it:
http://www.ddo.com/ddomedia/audio

Quarterling
01-21-2011, 08:13 PM

/signed

Especially the part about the marketplace music being depressing. It should be more lively like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFd894hQ9hE)

Nerate_Mireth
01-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Most of the time I have the background music turned off and pipe in my own music or have my stereo going....Nothing like doing Devil Assault Elite with Metallica's Battery or Master of Puppets blaring in the background.

skyjuice
01-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Most of the time I have the background music turned off and pipe in my own music or have my stereo going....Nothing like doing Devil Assault Elite with Metallica's Battery or Master of Puppets blaring in the background.

I've always wanted to know how one connects a stereo amp/set through the PC. What connections does one use?