PDA

View Full Version : make hound control stones visible to group...

protokon
11-16-2010, 08:00 PM
several failed runs this weekend with stud players in the groups - all because some random pugger who 'probably' doesnt speak english had picked up the control stones, not allowing us to charm dogs anymore.

with the amount of time it takes to get to the darned raid..can we please make a message pop up to the GROUP when someone picks up one of the stones? that way we can stop accepting griefers into the run. thanks,

-firstaid

Khanyth
11-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Not that I'm an elite player or anything like that, but I've never failed a Hound Run. And all I've ever done is PUG's. And this is on Orien, where most of the bad stereotypes about players and noobs and non-understanding/speaking players apply.

Everytime I've joined a PUG HoX run, I was asked 3 things right off the bat: 1) Can you hear voice, 2) Can you understand english, and 3) Can you follow instructions. Once the group was pretty much formed, the leader then made everyone absolutely clear about what was to happen and who was to do what and made damn sure that before everything started that everyone was crystal clear about what who was doing what and no one was to deviate from what was being done and if you didn't like what was being done you could leave or be booted.

But most importantly, this was done at the entrance to Subterraine before the jump off

Please don't view this as an attack or a slight or anything like that. I don't mean it to be, but: I think this is a case of "you did it wrong" HoX doesn't need a message telling your group who did what.... if you did it right, your group would know what to do and that random pugger would either 1) have known what to do, or 2) never would have made it past the 3 questions stage of your group, or 3) booted and squelched and your group would do it again and be successful.

No message needs to be given, but rather being more selective of who enters your group.

Again, please don't view this as an attack or anything like that... it's just my 2 cents.

Yazston_the_Invoker
11-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Not that I'm an elite player or anything like that, but I've never failed a Hound Run. And all I've ever done is PUG's. And this is on Orien, where most of the bad stereotypes about players and noobs and non-understanding/speaking players apply.

Everytime I've joined a PUG HoX run, I was asked 3 things right off the bat: 1) Can you hear voice, 2) Can you understand english, and 3) Can you follow instructions. Once the group was pretty much formed, the leader then made everyone absolutely clear about what was to happen and who was to do what and made damn sure that before everything started that everyone was crystal clear about what who was doing what and no one was to deviate from what was being done and if you didn't like what was being done you could leave or be booted.

But most importantly, this was done at the entrance to Subterraine before the jump off

Please don't view this as an attack or a slight or anything like that. I don't mean it to be, but: I think this is a case of "you did it wrong" HoX doesn't need a message telling your group who did what.... if you did it right, your group would know what to do and that random pugger would either 1) have known what to do, or 2) never would have made it past the 3 questions stage of your group, or 3) booted and squelched and your group would do it again and be successful.

No message needs to be given, but rather being more selective of who enters your group.

Again, please don't view this as an attack or anything like that... it's just my 2 cents.

Just because it isn't necessary doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful or stop issues like the OP's from happening. A popup message when someone picks up any quest-necessary items would be more than welcome. In addition, this would:

#1) Allow groups to add people who don't speak perfect english because they are afraid of something like this happening.

#2) Allow groups to prod noobs or people who aren't paying attention, so that they don't fail because of a simple misunderstanding.

#3) Make it almost impossible to grief a HoX run in this fashion without being found out.

Personally, I think it would be a nice idea...or at least add it to the log in some way, like as a "Dungeon Event" or somesuch. It would be nice to see this in other quests as well, such as VoN5, Crucible, Gwylan's, etc...basically any quest where an item drops on the ground that can only be picked up once and is necessary for something in the quest.

MateCarefor
11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
/agree with OP
Be nice for the runes in Tempest Spine as well, since it is even more typically new player populated.

Heh - be hilarious if they could do a Gauntlet style voice-over...'Warrior has the Stone' .... :D

Tobril
11-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Language isn't the barrier here, people not listening or griefing is the problem.

Example - Most of my smoothest raids have been with Chinese players. Their sing-song language creeps me out a little, but they are almost always awesome at what they do.

Tobril
11-17-2010, 09:51 AM
/agree with OP
Be nice for the runes in Tempest Spine as well, since it is even more typically new player populated.

Heh - be hilarious if they could do a Gauntlet style voice-over...'Warrior has the Stone' .... :D

Gauntlet was pretty sweet.

Clay
11-17-2010, 09:58 AM

Again, please don't view this as an attack or anything like that... it's just my 2 cents.Protokon is not new at leading raids nor passing out instructions. While the information you provide is generally useful in this case it is presumptuous to accuse him of bad leadership based on the information provided.

protokon
11-17-2010, 09:59 AM
#3) Make it almost impossible to grief a HoX run in this fashion without being found out.

this.

if someones going to waste up to an hour of my time (and the other 10 people in the group's) i'm going to make sure i know who was responsible for it so i can verbally abuse them and never group with em again. earlier today we spent 20 minutes in the hound raid until we finally gave up because *someone* kept picking up stones, wouldnt fess up to it, and most importantly, wouldn't use them.