PDA

View Full Version : 18rng/1mnk/1rog

jbnett
11-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Im coming back after a long break is the explioter still a solid build now of days??

unbongwah
11-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Yes, although Tempest I & III aren't as exciting as they used to be since the U5 nerf to TWF, IMHO; but still a well-rounded versatile build.

hermespan
11-17-2010, 12:34 PM
It's still pretty good, especially if you take IC Pierce and slash, and use a bloodstone with mob appropriate instakillers for leveling. (such as banishing rapiers, khopeshes for dps, earthgrab heavy picks, vorpal kamas etc). You can swap out IC Pierce for something else once you hit cap since banishers don't really work in end game.

Save your free feat swap for this.

When vorpalling you can use a pair of kamas and get some added zing from monk stances. (+20 hp with mountain or higher attack speed with wind stance, etc.)

The versatility with this build is crazy (dps and utility) but to get the most out of it you need to set up optimal mob appropriate weapon sets. It just takes a little more thought and experimentation when designing optimal weapon and gear load outs to squeeze out the most dps in a given situation.

My exploiter is still my most played character though I'm levelling up a horc fighter and horc assassin right now so he's getting a little less play. He'll be my next TR though since his greensteel is mostly done.

Go strength build w/khopesh and take the minimum wisdom you need for spells unless you intend to be a real tank. Don't put any stock into wisdom bonus to AC on a dps build because on a purely DPS focused exploiter build your AC will never be high enough to matter in end game. A finesse exploiter with higher dex and wisdom is sub par dps but probably ideal for being a tank and can easily hit end game AC.

Definitely plan your build out ahead of time. A 30 str self buffed is the minimum you should shoot for on a 32 pt build (before raid buffs, ship buffs, rage, etc come into play) and a starting con of 14 is bare minimum. Take a toughness feat.

Exploiter can still definitely carry their own weight.

grodon9999
11-17-2010, 12:40 PM
It's still pretty good, especially if you take IC Pierce and slash, and use a bloodstone with mob appropriate instakillers for leveling. (such as banishing rapiers, khopeshes for dps, earthgrab heavy picks, vorpal kamas etc). You can swap out IC Pierce for something else once you hit cap since banishers don't really work in end game.

Save your free feat swap for this.

When vorpalling you can use a pair of kamas and get some added zing from monk stances. (+20 hp with mountain or higher attack speed with wind stance, etc.)

The versatility with this build is crazy (dps and utility) but to get the most out of it you need to set up optimal mob appropriate weapon sets. It just takes a little more thought and experimentation when designing optimal weapon and gear load outs to squeeze out the most dps in a given situation.

My exploiter is still my most played character though I'm levelling up a horc fighter and horc assassin right now so he's getting a little less play. He'll be my next TR though since his greensteel is mostly done.

Go strength build w/khopesh and take the minimum wisdom you need for spells unless you intend to be a real tank. Don't put any stock into wisdom bonus to AC on a dps build because on a purely DPS focused exploiter build your AC will never be high enough to matter in end game. A finesse exploiter with higher dex and wisdom is sub par dps but probably ideal for being a tank and can easily hit end game AC.

Definitely plan your build out ahead of time. A 30 str self buffed is the minimum you should shoot for on a 32 pt build (before raid buffs, ship buffs, rage, etc come into play) and a starting con of 14 is bare minimum. Take a toughness feat.

Exploiter can still definitely carry their own weight.

Good assessment but I disagree about the Kama thing. Before the U5 Nerfs when Tempest and Windstance stacked you were a weed-whacker of death in non-epic content. Now not so much, I switched to khopeshes.