PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Druid class, What will it be?

Oinkmoobark
11-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I hope i posted this in the correct spot, if their is a guide up let me know and i will erase this guide.

Hello everyone, in this guide i'm going to tell you about the up and coming Druid class. Since i have been hearing people asking things like "What will a Druid do?" "What kind of spells can it use?" well im here to tell you most of that as well as what spells will most likely not be implemented in the game and ones that will. so lets start

WHAT IS A DRUID ANYWAY?!?!:

Well a druid is basically a nature loving hippy that protects nature and lives among the animals. It's act of violence only is used to justify against any creature or human that impedes on it grounds. such as evil monsters or humans.

This is not the case in real life though. They were seen as sorcerers who opposed Christianity. But that is still unknown to this day as not much was written about them in real life.

Druid facts:

Druids are Divine Spellcasters like the cleric or Favored Soul. Like the cleric or FVS. their spells depend on alignment(Only the ones such as holy and unholy).

Druids can only use Leather armor, and nothing that contains metal(This might be different when turbine releases it) so that means only leather and padded armor may be used. that means no breast plates, chain mail and so on.

Druids are proficient with the following weapons: club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle ect... Basically Simple weapons.

Druids Use a Wisdom modifier to determine DC and spell power. To prepare or cast a spell, the druid must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a druid’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the druid’s Wisdom modifier.

A Druid can talk to animals and plants.(Don't know what if it will be implemented in the game or not. would be cool tho)

At 9th level, a druid gains immunity to all poisons.

At 13th level, a druid gains the ability to change her appearance at will, as if using the alter self disguise self spell, but only while in its normal form. This affects the druid’s body but not its possessions. It is not an illusory effect, but a minor physical alteration of the druid’s appearance, within the limits described for the spell.(I doubt this will be put in the game but would be mega kick ass)

Druids will be able to summon a wide array of animals. I don't know if they will put all the animals a druid can summon but im sure ull have fun figuring out what animal you like to summon XD and yes they can summon more than one.

OK now on to spells. Druids have lots of new interesting spells at its disposal. most deal with nature, some healing, and some alignment. Sadly we can't have all the kick ass spells as the P&P(Pen and paper) but im sure a large chunk of it will be put in it. so here is the spell list of the P&P game.

0-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS (ORISONS)

Create Water: Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water. - N
Cure Minor Wounds: Cures 1 point of damage. - I
Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft. - N
Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or object. - N
Flare: Dazzles one creature (–1 penalty on attack rolls). - I
Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. - I
Know Direction: You discern north. - N
Light: Object shines like a torch. - N
Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object. - I
Purify Food and Drink: Purifies 1 cu. ft./level of food or water. - N
Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks. - I (I believe this is inscribe)
Resistance: Subject gains +1 bonus on saving throws. - I
Virtue: Subject gains 1 temporary hp. - I

1ST-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS

Calm Animals: Calms (2d4 + level) HD of animals. - I
Charm Animal: Makes one animal your friend. - I
Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5). -I
Detect Animals or Plants: Detects kinds of animals or plants. - N
Detect Snares and Pits: Reveals natural or primitive traps. - I
Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments. - N
Entangle: Plants entangle everyone in 40-ft.-radius. - I
Faerie Fire: Outlines subjects with light, canceling blur, concealment, and the like. - I
Goodberry: 2d4 berries each cure 1 hp (max 8 hp/24 hours). - N
Hide from Animals: Animals can’t perceive one subject/level. - I (special rules may apply.)
Jump: Subject gets bonus on Jump checks. - I
Longstrider: Your speed increases by 10 ft. -I
Magic Fang: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1 on attack and damage rolls. - I
Magic Stone: Three stones gain +1 on attack rolls, deal 1d6+1 damage. -N
Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you. -I
Pass without Trace: One subject/level leaves no tracks. - U
Produce Flame: 1d6 damage +1/level, touch or thrown. - I
Shillelagh: Cudgel or quarterstaff becomes +1 weapon (1d10 damage) for 1 min./level.
Speak with Animals: You can communicate with animals. - U
Summon Nature's Ally I: Calls creature to fight. - I
2ND-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS

Animal Messenger: Sends a Tiny animal to a specific place. - N
Animal Trance: Fascinates 2d6 HD of animals. - I
Barkskin: Grants +2 (or higher) enhancement to natural armor. - I
Bear's Endurance: Subject gains +4 to Con for 1 min./level. -I
Bull's Strength: Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level. - I
Cat's Grace: Subject gains +4 to Dex for 1 min./level. -I
Chill Metal: Cold metal damages those who touch it. - U
Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level. - I (Special rules may apply)
Fire Trap: Opened object deals 1d4 +1/level damage. - I
Flame Blade: Touch attack deals 1d8 +1/two levels damage. - I
Flaming Sphere: Creates rolling ball of fire, 2d6 damage, lasts 1 round/level. -I
Fog Cloud: Fog obscures vision. - I
Gust of Wind: Blows away or knocks down smaller creatures. - I
Heat Metal: Make metal so hot it damages those who touch it. - U
Hold Animal: Paralyzes one animal for a time/level. - I
Owl's Wisdom: Subject gains +4 to Wis for 1 min./level. - I
Reduce Animal: Shrinks one willing animal. - N
Resist Energy: Ignores 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.- I
Restoration, Lesser: Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage. - I
Soften Earth and Stone: Turns stone to clay or dirt to sand or mud. -U ( Could be useful though on earth eles)
Spider Climb: Grants ability to walk on walls and ceilings. - N (Would be frekin baller but just can see this being used in the game.)
Summon Nature's Ally II: Calls creature to fight. - I
Summon Swarm: Summons swarm of bats, rats, or spiders. - I (Special rules may apply)
Tree Shape: You look exactly like a tree for 1 hour/level. - U (Would be funny but no use in the game)
Warp Wood: Bends wood (shaft, handle, door, plank). - N
Wood Shape: Rearranges wooden objects to suit you. - N
3RD-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS

Call Lightning: Calls down lightning bolts (3d6 per bolt) from sky. - I
Contagion: Infects subject with chosen disease. - I
Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10). - I
Daylight: 60-ft. radius of bright light. - N
Diminish Plants: Reduces size or blights growth of normal plants. - N
Dominate Animal: Subject animal obeys silent mental commands. - I
Magic Fang, Greater: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1/four levels on attack and damage rolls (max +5). - I
Meld into Stone: You and your gear merge with stone. - I(Probably like stone skin)
Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject. -I
Plant Growth: Grows vegetation, improves crops. - N
Poison: Touch deals 1d10 Con damage, repeats in 1 min. - I
Protection from Energy: Absorb 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy. - I
Quench: Extinguishes nonmagical fires or one magic item. - I
Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject. - I
Sleet Storm: Hampers vision and movement. - I
Snare: Creates a magic booby trap. - I
Speak with Plants: You can talk to normal plants and plant creatures. - N
Spike Growth: Creatures in area take 1d4 damage, may be slowed. - I
Stone Shape: Sculpts stone into any shape. -N
Summon Nature's Ally III: Calls creature to fight. - I
Water Breathing: Subjects can breathe underwater. - I
Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases. - I(Special rules may apply)
4TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS

Air Walk: Subject treads on air as if solid (climb at 45-degree angle). - U (Could be used maybe like for 10 seconds with a high cool down.)
Antiplant Shell: Keeps animated plants at bay. - U
Blight: Withers one plant or deals 1d6/level damage to plant creature. - U
Command Plants: Sway the actions of one or more plant creatures. - U
Control Water: Raises or lowers bodies of water. - N(Would be kick ass tho)
Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15). - I
Dispel Magic: Cancels spells and magical effects. - I
Flame Strike: Smite foes with Divine fire (1d6/level damage). - I(Like cleric)
Freedom of Movement: Subject moves normally despite impediments. - I
Giant Vermin: Turns centipedes, scorpions, or spiders into giant vermin. - I(Probably used on your summons)
Ice Storm: Hail deals 5d6 damage in cylinder 40 ft. across. - I
Reincarnate: Brings dead subject back in a random body. - I (Raise dead)
Repel Vermin: Insects, spiders, and other vermin stay 10 ft. away. - I
Rusting Grasp: Your touch corrodes iron and alloys. - I
ScryingF: Spies on subject from a distance. - N
Spike Stones: Creatures in area take 1d8 damage, may be slowed. - I(Might be spike growth like a ranger has)
Summon Nature's Ally IV: Calls creature to fight. - I
5TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS

Animal Growth: One animal/two levels doubles in size. - I(Your summon more than likely)
Atonement: Removes burden of misdeeds from subject. - U
AwakenX: Animal or tree gains human intellect. - U
Baleful Polymorph: Transforms subject into harmless animal. - I(Going to be bad ass)
Call Lightning Storm: As call lightning, but 5d6 damage per bolt. - I
Commune with Nature: Learn about terrain for 1 mile/level. - U(Would be useful as hell in vale and stuff =P)
Control Winds: Change wind direction and speed. - N
Cure Critical Wounds: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20). -I
Death Ward: Grants immunity to all death spells and negative energy effects. - I
HallowM: Designates location as holy. - I
Insect Plague: Locust swarms attack creatures. - I
StoneskinM: Ignore 10 points of damage per attack. - I
Summon Nature's Ally V: Calls creature to fight. -I
Transmute Mud to Rock: Transforms two 10-ft. cubes per level. - U
Transmute Rock to Mud: Transforms two 10-ft. cubes per level. - U
Tree Stride: Step from one tree to another far away. - N
UnhallowM: Designates location as unholy. - I
Wall of Fire: Deals 2d4 fire damage out to 10 ft. and 1d4 out to 20 ft. Passing through wall deals 2d6 damage +1/level. - I
Wall of Thorns: Thorns damage anyone who tries to pass. - I
6TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS

Antilife Shell: 10-ft.-radius field hedges out living creatures. - N
Bear's Endurance, Mass: As bear's endurance, affects one subject/ level. - I
Bull's Strength, Mass: As bull's strength, affects one subject/level. - I
Cat's Grace, Mass: As cat's grace, affects one subject/level. - I
Cure Light Wounds, Mass: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level for many creatures. - I
Dispel Magic, Greater: As dispel magic, but +20 on check. - I
Find the Path: Shows most direct way to a location. - U(Would be useful xd)
Fire Seeds: Acorns and berries become grenades and bombs. - U(I would lol if this game worked around that haha)
Ironwood: Magic wood is strong as steel. - U ( Would be baller)
Liveoak: Oak becomes treant guardian. - N
Move Earth: Digs trenches and builds hills. - N
Owl's Wisdom, Mass: As owl's wisdom, affects one subject/level. - I
Repel Wood: Pushes away wooden objects. - N
Spellstaff: Stores one spell in wooden quarterstaff. - U(Would be cool huh)
Stone Tell: Talk to natural or worked stone. - N (*** stones can talk??!?!)
Summon Nature's Ally VI: Calls creature to fight. - I
Transport via Plants: Move instantly from one plant to another of the same kind. - U(WOULD BE AWESOME)
Wall of Stone: Creates a stone wall that can be shaped. - U (Probably wont be used)
7TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS

Animate Plants: One or more plants animate and fight for you. - U (Would be so cool dude, i could imagine Animating a mushroom and it just pops up and follows me haha)
Changestaff: Your staff becomes a treant on command. - N
Control Weather: Changes weather in local area. - N
Creeping Doom: Swarms of centipedes attack at your command. - I
Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level for many creatures. - I
Fire Storm: Deals 1d6/level fire damage. - I
Heal: Cures 10 points/level of damage, all diseases and mental conditions. - I
Scrying, Greater: As scrying, but faster and longer. - U(Would be useful for certain quests.)
Summon Nature's Ally VII: Calls creature to fight. - I
Sunbeam: Beam blinds and deals 4d6 damage. - I
Transmute Metal to Wood: Metal within 40 ft. becomes wood. - N
True SeeingM: Lets you see all things as they really are. - I
Wind Walk: You and your allies turn vaporous and travel fast. - U(Maybe would be nice =])
8TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS

Animal Shapes: One ally/level polymorphs into chosen animal. - I (OMG i hope so)
Control Plants: Control actions of one or more plant creatures. - N
Cure Serious Wounds, Mass: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level for many creatures. - I
Earthquake: Intense tremor shakes 80-ft.-radius. - I
Finger of Death: Kills one subject. - I
Repel Metal or Stone: Pushes away metal and stone. - U
Reverse Gravity: Objects and creatures fall upward. - N
Summon Nature's Ally VIII: Calls creature to fight. - I
Sunburst: Blinds all within 10 ft., deals 6d6 damage. - I
Whirlwind: Cyclone deals damage and can pick up creatures. - U(Hope so)
Word of Recall: Teleports you back to designated place. - I
9TH-LEVEL DRUID SPELLS

Antipathy: Object or location affected by spell repels certain creatures. - I(Special rules may apply)
Cure Critical Wounds, Mass: Cures 4d8 damage +1/level for many creatures. - I
Elemental Swarm: Summons multiple elementals. - I
Foresight: “Sixth sense” warns of impending danger. - I
Regenerate: Subject’s severed limbs grow back, cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +35). - I(All though no ones limbs get severed in this game but if it did you would use this spell)
Shambler: Summons 1d4+2 shambling mounds to fight for you. - U (Would be cool)
ShapechangeF: Transforms you into any creature, and change forms once per round. (By ebberons light i hope this is implemented!)
Storm of Vengeance: Storm rains acid, lightning, and hail. - I
Summon Nature's Ally IX: Calls creature to fight. - I
SympathyM: Object or location attracts certain creatures. - I(Like INTIMI)

These spells may depend on what enhancements you put into your char. i do not want to spend time showing you the enhancements that can be put into the druid class.

If i missed anything or got something wrong let me know and i will fix it.

If you have any further questions ask here and i will respond.

My IGN is Quikk or Zelros. im in Gallahanda server.

Resources: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Druid

Guilllotine
11-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Hmm, sounds like a quasi CC/Healer/Transmuter. I can imagine with the current state of summons, going the pet route is a bad idea.

Oinkmoobark
11-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Hmm, sounds like a quasi CC/Healer/Transmuter. I can imagine with the current state of summons, going the pet route is a bad idea.

We TBH i think that you will need some kind of pet summon ablity to maybe be more powerfull in transmutation stage, a prestige of some sort maybe?

frznvimes
11-13-2010, 03:14 PM
you forgot wild shape

Tirkan
11-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Druids in 3.5 are nasty customers in melee due to Wild Shape, casters you don't want to screw around with as their combat spells are on par with Wizards, and whose healing capabilities run a close second to Clerics.

The kinds of things I've done with a Monk/Druid multiclass...

LordSemaj
11-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Druids are widely considered the most powerful class in 3rd edition (Wizard and Cleric are the other top contenders) primarily due to Wild Shape and the plethora of uses it sports that were all cast out and/or nerfed when moved over to 4th edition. Think of them as the Shaman class from WoW, a melee-damaging, armor-wearing, chain-nuking, power-healing MASTER of all trades. There are virtually no weaknesses to the class due to the wide range of utility it sports, possessing spells from both the divine and arcane spell lists in addition to unique druid spells.

Their place in DDO seems to already be coming about, as the new set items from update 7 seem to be Druid oriented (favors multi-role characters). If I had to guess on the PrEs, I'd be inclined to go along with the following:

- Warshaper - Melee druid (look ma, I'm Bear Form tanking!)
- Heirophant - Casting Druid
- Stormlord - Paragon of Precipitation, Lord of Lightning, Conjurer of Clouds, and resident badass of the forest

As superbly wicked as Druids are, I'd still rather see Warlock make its way in. We could use a ranged dps class... even sorcs are getting stingy about their spell points at 20...

Gulnar13
11-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Druid is the class that has heal, firewall, ice storm, finger of death, and of top of that, can shapeshift ina frenzied berserker and eat it's enemies.

So yeah. Where is our warforged druid?

Truga
11-17-2010, 05:39 AM
As superbly wicked as Druids are, I'd still rather see Warlock make its way in. We could use a ranged dps class... even sorcs are getting stingy about their spell points at 20...Surely, you meant to say Warforgedlock?

Edit: I agree though, a high dps long range char, that I would play.

wiglin
11-17-2010, 06:18 AM
I doubt druids will get enhancements lines to fire or cold, meaning their ice storms and wall of fire's will not do max damage, and finger of death is pretty meh.

I can see Turbine doing something a little different with druids like they did with monk by implementing ki. As it stands 3.5 druids are beasts, and turbine will probable release them really weak and slowly add to the class.

One option would be to do something that focuses on wild shape. I doubt we will see true shapechanging, just like with tensors, but more of a graphic overlay. The question will be will the shapechanging be worth it, or will they be like monks when they were first released.

I don't see them being main healers, they won't have a FvS spell point pool or a radiant servant's healing power, but like a well built spell singer, could if needed main heal.

Another option would be a pet type class. This would be cool if with the release of druids we were given a control bar for summons and or pets (give rangers their rightful sidekicks.) Druids could then have enhancements to really buff their pets. Making for a new style of play.

Either way I doubt they will be ultimate do it all class we see in 3.5.

Talon_Moonshadow
11-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Druids can use medium armor that is not made of metal: Hide

Could also use Dragon scale armors. And could take heavy armor feat if desired.

Most of the things needed to implement them in the game already exist. Except for a lack of higher lvl Druid spells.

That is assuming they do Wild Shape as an overlay effect, rather than an actual shape change.

One thing I hope they do not implement is any optional feats that make wild shape overpowered. Stick to core rules and I think they will be fine.

I wouldn't mind not adding the Natural Spell feat (is that the right name?) either. But that alone isn't so bad IMO.

I am disappointed that animal companions never came out. But actually a summons type coud be easily implemented in game.

One other issue is that curently casting one summon spell locks out others....which IMO, makes the Druid ability of spontaneously casting summons spells kinda useless.
But I also don't want to see armies of animals in every dungeon I go into.
Maybe they can give them something else instead.

bryanmeerkat
11-22-2010, 07:14 AM
One other issue is that curently casting one summon spell locks out others....which IMO, makes the Druid ability of spontaneously casting summons spells kinda useless.
But I also don't want to see armies of animals in every dungeon I go into.
Maybe they can give them something else instead.

Im sur e they will have enough toys to not make this a big problem , just check the natures allies in as an auto spell in ther same way clerics get their healing spells . Sure it will be naff to have all SM levels loaded at all times but druids are likely gonna be imba anyway .

Although i can see them being released as beasts and then nurfed , this would mean far more sales of the class .

Osma77
11-23-2010, 10:04 PM
One thing i noticed about a lot of the druids i have seen played is that druids tended to be a bit of everything with nerfs in place based on the situation.

Examples:
Call lightning: powerful electrical strike that did quite good damage for the level of the spell. Useless when indoors.

weather control: If you cant figure out the kind of damage a tornado, hurricane, or tyhpoon can do, watch the weather channel. but these were all aoe and outdoor only.

Firestorm: iirc, it was a huge area-effect firestorm of damage, but if used in populated areas it would take out a city as well as the target, so nature areas only.

Druids also had lots of status based or croud control spells. However, most of the statuses were nature/poison based, so many enemies were immune, and most of the croud control delt with hampering or slowing rather then hard and fast stops. Thing slow rather then hold monster.

Druids had healing magic, but i don't think they got them as quickly as clerics. Also i dont believe they got raise dead, instead getting stuff like reincarnation, which would bring you back to life, but inside a random body. It was perfectly reasonable that a Half-orc Barbarian could be brought back to life as a hawk or a pixie.

Druids also had the ability to shapeshift (wild shape) which would allow them to cast spells at long range (since most of there spells were huge aoe, and would hurt the party) and at short range transform into a bear, tiger, or with feats transform into some of the stranger types of monsters like dire wolves or even dragons.

Some things i would like to see with druids:
Summon natures ally XI. Unlike rangers which can only reach a low level summon, Druids would reach level 9 spells around the same time that clerics would. A summon natures ally XI would allow some really powerful and intresting new pets to play with.

Prestige classes would possibly fall into Shapeshifting, Elementalist, and some sort of buff/crowd controller. (bonuses to barkskin, stone skin, entangle, web (if they get it), summon spells, ect.)

REALLY want to have them give us the reverse gravity spell. Basicly causes enemies to fly up, taking falling damage if they hit a roof. If no roof, they keep going up until spell ends (causing them to be removed from battle for a short while) and take falling damage when they come back down (along with stunning effect from hitting so hard).

silvertrit
11-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Just to ask slightly differnt

Where would a druid fit into a party wise? are we looking a more melee originated bard kind of thing?

wax_on_wax_off
11-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Good money for turbine: bring out a jack of all trades master of all class like druid
Balance: druid can only master 1 or 2 skillsets on account of enhancement distribution

1. Healing: Druids have some awesome heal spells like regenerate and should be able to primary heal, IF specced for it.

2. Shapechanging: Druids should be able to primary tank and/or primary DPS with various shapechanges. IMO, shapechanges should cause additions or subtractions to druids base scores rather than overlaying with new stats, this way a tank/dps druid would need high str/dex/con to be viable. (this counts as 2: DPS and tanking)

3. Offensive casting: with spells like firewall, ice storm, storm of vengeance etc. they can be great offensive casters but still need to invest feats and enhancement points into it.

4. Pets. Hardest part to balance. Imo, animal empathy skill could play a vital role requiring a pet based druid to have high charisma. 1 animal companion, 1 pet (from animal empathy) and 1 summon would make a nice animal army with enhancements affecting all animals. Utility animals accessible with high animal empathy would be the most awesome (monkey to open a lock, chicken and cow to grant a heroes feast, owl to help spot a trap or secret door, dolphin to grant +swim skill etc.)

With limited enhancement points, feats and attribute points it would only be possible to specialise in 1 or 2 of the 5 skill sets with the option to be a more generalist druid (perhaps for solo play) which would of course gimp you for team play.

I definitely think that animal companions need to be implemented. Rangers made pre-druid could swap out ranged or melee combat for the animal companion feat. Not sure if new rangers should get to choose 2 of the 3 or just choose melee or ranged and have to take the animal companion.

Balance note: I think monk stances and shapechanges should use the same mechanism so that you can't have both activated at the same time, cut down on the monk + druid OP.

wax_on_wax_off
11-23-2010, 11:35 PM
One thing i noticed about a lot of the druids i have seen played is that druids tended to be a bit of everything with nerfs in place based on the situation.

Examples:
Call lightning: powerful electrical strike that did quite good damage for the level of the spell. Useless when indoors.

weather control: If you cant figure out the kind of damage a tornado, hurricane, or tyhpoon can do, watch the weather channel. but these were all aoe and outdoor only.

Firestorm: iirc, it was a huge area-effect firestorm of damage, but if used in populated areas it would take out a city as well as the target, so nature areas only.

Druids also had lots of status based or croud control spells. However, most of the statuses were nature/poison based, so many enemies were immune, and most of the croud control delt with hampering or slowing rather then hard and fast stops. Thing slow rather then hold monster.

Druids had healing magic, but i don't think they got them as quickly as clerics. Also i dont believe they got raise dead, instead getting stuff like reincarnation, which would bring you back to life, but inside a random body. It was perfectly reasonable that a Half-orc Barbarian could be brought back to life as a hawk or a pixie.

Druids also had the ability to shapeshift (wild shape) which would allow them to cast spells at long range (since most of there spells were huge aoe, and would hurt the party) and at short range transform into a bear, tiger, or with feats transform into some of the stranger types of monsters like dire wolves or even dragons.

Some things i would like to see with druids:
Summon natures ally XI. Unlike rangers which can only reach a low level summon, Druids would reach level 9 spells around the same time that clerics would. A summon natures ally XI would allow some really powerful and intresting new pets to play with.

Prestige classes would possibly fall into Shapeshifting, Elementalist, and some sort of buff/crowd controller. (bonuses to barkskin, stone skin, entangle, web (if they get it), summon spells, ect.)

REALLY want to have them give us the reverse gravity spell. Basicly causes enemies to fly up, taking falling damage if they hit a roof. If no roof, they keep going up until spell ends (causing them to be removed from battle for a short while) and take falling damage when they come back down (along with stunning effect from hitting so hard).

Druids are definitely more powerful in an outdoor setting and hampered (and uncomfortable) indoors.

Firestorm is already in the game i think as it is a level 7 or 8 cleric spell, basically once off fire damage in a large area, useless without enhancements (though druids get it 1 level earlier and would certainly have enhancements).

Druids have same spell progression as clerics except that in ddo clerics get 1 extra spell of every level except 9th which the relevant "cure" spell goes in. Druids instead get summon natures ally I-IX.

Druids generally got cure and heal spells 1 level later than clerics which cause them to miss out on mass heal but otherwise they are good healers. (Especially getting regenerate which gives 20% hp / 6 seconds for 20 seconds or something, extendable, level 6 spell)

Druids can turn into a lot of forms just on regular levels ups including animals, dire animals, huge animals, tiny animals and then elementals, huge elementals. Some feats can add funkier things though i only know about that in relation to NWN and NWN2 and dragon form and other things like that (basically OP and a bad idea imo).

Reverse Gravity is a dome iirc so when enemies got to the top in an outdoor setting they would slide down the edge and fall far away. I can't see that this spell would ever be implemented however (well, technically it is implemented as that is what the reaver casts in reavers raid).

The 3 PrE should definitely be shapechanging, spellcasting and pet focused respectively.

wax_on_wax_off
11-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Just to ask slightly differnt

Where would a druid fit into a party wise? are we looking a more melee originated bard kind of thing?

A druid will definitely be one of those classes where you'll have to check what role they will play.

Most will probably be healer/caster DPS like a cleric/wizard hybrid (not much CC though) or a hate tank or pure DPS style shapechanger who'll wander around constantly in the biggest bear form available looking all angry and rearing up on his hind legs and swiping stuff with his bear claws.

Bards are very different to druids as bards are primarily a support class while druids are primarily probably a self-sufficient class capable of any role if specced appropriately.

wax_on_wax_off
11-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Finally, druids will definitely get enhancement lines for healing, lightning, fire and cold in some combinations.

Possible Fire + Cold and Healing + Lightning?

Kind of hard to pair healing up with anything but anyone who's seen Frankenstein should know about the life giving properties of a good lightning storm ...

I'm also curious as to whether a negative enhancement line make it's way in. I'm pretty sure that druids don't have cause wounds spells but do have slay living / harm / finger of death.

Mavnas
12-07-2010, 03:26 AM
So totally noob question:

When are druids being implemented?

I'm thinking of coming back to DDO and starting a fresh char. I'd kind of like to be a druid, but if that's a long ways off, maybe I'll change my plans.

sirgog
12-07-2010, 03:39 AM
So totally noob question:

When are druids being implemented?

I'm thinking of coming back to DDO and starting a fresh char. I'd kind of like to be a druid, but if that's a long ways off, maybe I'll change my plans.

I think they are implementing a few things for druids slowly at the moment (some of the new spells, etc) and personally expect Update 11 to be where we get druids.

FluffyCalico
12-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Well to start with druids will be capable (with the right build) of either healing or dpsing or casting but not all 3 well with the same build. Kinda like a cleric or fvs.

And just like the cleric or fvs the simple fact in can be a good healer and that people are always looking for a healer...most groups will want and expect it to heal just like they do for fvs and cleric.

Oinkmoobark
01-15-2011, 03:18 PM
bump XD

Oinkmoobark
04-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Bump =0

ThePrincipal
04-15-2011, 12:25 AM
one of my first multiclass toons was a mock druid planned to be an elf twf scrimi's 17cleric/2ranger/1barb

he was ok. barb speed and sprint boost was nice. twf without dex requirement and racial scimi's bonuses. also took undying call for more scimi's bonuses. wore hide armor. not many twf cleric thats for sure. even fewer elvan clerics.

id like druid to have some ranger abilities such as diehard, sprint boost, animal empathy. i'd like them to have spells like mass charm animal and mass barkskin. a handful of fire/ice arcane spells such as fire shield, ice storm, cyclonic blast, and lightning bolt. i wouldnt give them firewall. i would remove many of the good/light spells from their divine spellist including heal and mass heal. i'd give them a pre that makes them a beastmaster, with bonuses with cc and summoning. a high level spelllike ability that summons multiple random forest animals would be cool. another pre that gives them the ability to control Lycanthropy - different were-animals are unlocked via feat selection/levels similar to pale master. bear, wolf, boar, ram, lion, etc. third pre for a stormcaller with bonsues to storm related spells and spell-like abilities based on certain natural forces such as earth (earthgrab/earthquakes/stoneskin), clouds/air (ice storm/cyclones/fogs), and rain/desert (dehydration/corrsosive salt/waterbreathing).

balance it to a bard HD, BAB, and Saves wise. light armor and simple weapons.

NoAI_64
04-17-2011, 05:54 PM
They won't just be druids, they'll be the druids of Eberron. The druids of Eberron are divided into five different sects on mainland Khorvaire. Aside from the Drow, all our characters come from mainland Khorvaire. As such we can expect four of the five sects to possibly be represented in the form of enhancement lines.

Gatekeepers: The original orc druids who fought the daelkyr from Xoriat. As such much of they are anti-aberration specialists. Favored enemy aberration? Expect it to be as popular as the Silver Flame.

Wardens of the Woods: The druids who help the sentient races coexist with nature. A very general theme, but generally they have more general support abilities.

Greensingers: The druids who maintain close association with the fey. Expect some pro-enchantment, though whether it would be in a single ability or expanded skill list... is a balance issue.

Children of Winter: The druids who embrace death's part in the larger cycle. Rather 'non-good', but if we can be Favored by the Lord of Blades... expect expanding the druid's powers that effect animals into also affecting vermin.

Ashbound: The druids who believe the tampering of magic into nature is an aberration. A distinct conflict with 'loot' obsession of MMO adventures, so don't expect them to be an option even with the Lord of Blades as an example.

Also, since this is Ebberron, Druids would wear Darkwood breastplate and weapons.

LAWPRE
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Atraxis (sp) already has a druid NPC. So, they are playing with our afflications???!!

As far as druid role, it is ultimate battle cleric - especially after getting Natural Spell Feat. Think of a big dog walking up and HEALING you right and then ripping the mob to shreds.

As far as PnP combos, it get ugly REAL quick. I have a Wiz 3/Monk 7/Rog 7 that pretty much kills anything. After all, think about a mule that Shocking Grasps you, while SAing you AND stunning you. I have the Wiz 3 so that I can stat buff as well.

countfitz
04-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Druid v. 3.5 (DDO is based on 3.5, not 3, but really the same) weaknesses: Lack of any realistic armor class, too many options and not enough spell slots to do it all, and they get there spells later than other classes, heal and firewall are 1 and 2 levels later than clerics or wizards get them.

Translate to DDO, where they have spell points instead of slots, where AC is a joke anyway, and most of the crazy hardcore gamers only play at end level (so when they got a spell doesn't matter), Druid = crazy good. I hope Turbine charges an arm and a leg for them to really make some money off of us, they deserve it. Not sarcasm by the way.

The only real drawback I see is a bunch of noobs getting ****y when they have a druid in the party and said druid isn't their nannybot but is having all the fun kicking butt, and outdoing everything they do, making everyone jealous. Also there will be little reason not to play one, so everyone who can afford them is going to end up playing them. It will be sad to see the lack of diversity for, I predict, 6 months to a year after they come out.

Also, melee druid TWF with scimitars = almost as good as any melee.
Extra skill points for any caster/healer class, so dump int and still get skills
CHA is a dump stat too
I'm going to love them, and I think they're coming soon (hence the nerf to firewall...)

fatherpirate
05-20-2011, 08:33 PM
They promised druids for years and every year they make some excuse.

Don't let them get your hopes up

No druids period. If they wanted them a third as much as they say...they would have been in game
2 years ago.