PDA

View Full Version : Buffs. A complaint.

Anthorin
11-09-2010, 04:49 AM
Probably been done but couldnt find anything when I scanned the forums.

With the new ship buffs, it is frustrating to have so many buffs they dont fit on the screen. There seems to be a bug anyway where only buffs on the right side are visible with anything to the left being cut-off and disappeared. However cant we organise the buffs in a better way so we can see all of them?

Not sure of the best way to do them tbh. However putting ship buffs on a separate line maybe? Buffs/features associated with worn items on the second line?

There are lots of ways to reorganise I suspect but anything is better than the current system.

r3dl4nce
11-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Yes please!

MrLarone
11-09-2010, 05:28 AM
/signed

2 things i'd like to see happen:

1) buffs organised by time remaining, not order buffed in. just get it so the the shortest timer is on the left and you've pretty much solved the issue of not being able to see everything as at least the ship buffs will be on the right/blind side.

2) make a second row of buffs i've cast, make it easier for me to spot which of my buffs are still up. buffs from others can still be displayed along the top as is.

ideally i'd like to see both changes.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Ideally the buff bar should be resizable and relocatable. That way you could make it a 10x10 box, a 2x40 box, or whatever fits your screen well and gives you the buff room you need.

Failing that, the buff area should cover the full screen width and expand down to a 2nd (or if needed, 3rd/4th) line as needed.

Moltier
11-09-2010, 05:57 AM
How about a short version of the buffs? Just the names, but you could open them to see the stats.

sirgog
11-09-2010, 06:19 AM
/signed.

Mass Protection from Elements is the main cause of this issue. In, say, VON6 epic, it gives most of the raid three buff icons (Cold, Sonic and Acid) that they won't get any benefit at all from (ok, third base team might benefit from the cold) and those icons will not go away either.

Mass Camoflauge, Barkskin and Merfolks' Blessing do the same.

Rasczak
11-09-2010, 08:01 AM
most definitely /signed

It's not so bad in certain instances but when people are tossing barkskin and other wierd things on you, it would be nice to know that I do have the bard songs, FoM, DW blah blah. Click on your char and the list goes out the screen.....

Although it does seem to make people cast haste and rage on me more often than usual :p

But in all sincerity, I need to see what's on me....it determines what clickies I need to use, which items I will wear and which spells I need cast on me or recast once duration is up.

kilagan800
11-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I have a 22" wide screen 1080p so i've never had buffs clear all the way across my screen. Not during epics/raids or visiting guild lvl 43 airships. Unfortunately that makes my icons appear reeeaally tiny, and for someone who's 36 with already failing eyes, it makes for pretty tough gameplay at times, especially late at night. Aside from my off-hand point, I think it would be a great idea if you were able to move the buffs list around, condense them into a checked box, or even make them invisible.

Narmolanya
11-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Why not just place an icon with a timer below it in the view screen. Mouse over it and see the stats. Less clutter and can quickly see what buffs are active and for how long.

Lorz
11-09-2010, 04:18 PM
I have a 22" wide screen 1080p so i've never had buffs clear all the way across my screen. Not during epics/raids or visiting guild lvl 43 airships. Unfortunately that makes my icons appear reeeaally tiny, and for someone who's 36 with already failing eyes, it makes for pretty tough gameplay at times, especially late at night. Aside from my off-hand point, I think it would be a great idea if you were able to move the buffs list around, condense them into a checked box, or even make them invisible.

It is not the size or resolution that matters.

I use a 27" Imac and it is running at 2560 x 1440 yet the exact same spot the buffs disappear (in fact the last one is cut in 1/2). Same as anything over 1920 x 1200 does not scale up properly. XP bar only goes 3/4 way across.

As for the text...yes it gets really tiny. The biggest problem i have is seeing the locked/unlocked in the lower left corner of items.

I would suggest Turbine take a look at the higher rez units that are now available time to polish up that end.

And yes being able to see all buffs would be great.

Homestarfan
11-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Ehh. I don't see the harm.
Signed.

But honestly, maybe you shouldn't have so many buffs at once. XP

Pingshot
11-20-2010, 05:33 AM
Up. We really need this fix.

tziankarisch
11-20-2010, 06:31 AM
/signed

Hakushi
11-20-2010, 06:36 AM
I agree a change is needed here. Maybe it's time to use small icons for buffs, or a single icon that would be called "Buff" and when you mouse over it, it shows a window with all your buffs and if you click the icon, it opens the Buffs window instead, and added with that, a Debuff icon could even be added as well with the same options.

Tirisha
11-20-2010, 01:46 PM
/signed some change is needed at the top of my screen.

Also when examining another if say you are the one that does the buffing, I have too turn the show detailed description of item UI setting off so that only the name of the buff displays, but when I do this it can become a pain to examine an item (and actually read what it does) If the item is in my inventory I can just drag my arrow key over the effect to see its description but if say somebody links an item I have to adjust my UI settings every time I don't know what a particular property does.

I suggest separating the Detail Item examinations in the UI settings with the Detailed player/NPC examinations To solve this.

AMDarkwolf
11-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Prob mostly will agree that:

Newest buffs on the right, debuffs on a 2nd bar below the buffs, again newest on the right.

Its not perfect, but it would do. The 'old' long lasting buffs that we would know we have would be pushed 'off screen' like the 'new' buffs go now. Just basically reverse the direction the buffs get listed would likely be enough.

And the adding a 2nd bar for debuffs would let people automatically see when they have curses, etc, and deal with them faster. (Even just having 'newest on the right' would solve this issue aswell)

MsEricka
11-20-2010, 04:29 PM
/doublesigned

I agree it needs to be resizeable, or on two lines so all buffs can be seen.

EatSmart
11-20-2010, 04:52 PM
/signed

and while we're at it:

- right-click on a "friendly" buff to dismiss it
- scrollable buff list on /examine windows so we dont need a 4098x8182 resolution and a magnifying glass to see them all

Pingshot
11-25-2010, 01:12 AM
/up

+would be nice to see buffs in alphabetical order and with remaining time while examining mates (z key) and "short description" UI set.

Ganolyn
11-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Ideally the buff bar should be resizable and relocatable. That way you could make it a 10x10 box, a 2x40 box, or whatever fits your screen well and gives you the buff room you need.

Failing that, the buff area should cover the full screen width and expand down to a 2nd (or if needed, 3rd/4th) line as needed.

I'd like the ability to change the list into a text window without icons that can be made to become transparent or disappear like the mission description window. That way you can have it any format you want.

Pingshot
11-28-2010, 03:05 AM
keep upping until implementation

Arijan
11-28-2010, 06:35 AM
/signed

Most of the proposals would work fine with me.
But above all, make buffs dismisable please!