PDA

View Full Version : Make GS Not Bind Until Upgraded?

h4x0r1f1c
11-05-2010, 02:25 PM
What is the point behind GS items being Bind on Equip?

I have a stupid GS Blank Sickle that I have no intention of upgrading.

I'd like to be able to at least sell it. Why is it Bind on Equip, seriously? Just have it Bind on Upgrade.

This would be a great and possibly easy change to implement that I'm sure everyone could enjoy.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Well it says bind on equip...so if you equipped it before upgrading it... I guess the fault is yours.

You can safely craft it and mail it or ah it or trade it and it won't bind. So, not really seeing the problem.

k1ngp1n
11-05-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm going to pass up this troll-worthy post for an honest answer. Greensteel items bind-on-equip (lore wise) due to their natural magic and powerful nature. Wielding the weapon is a distinctly different event from carrying it, and so it attunes itself you.

That is totally made up. The actual answer I'd say is likely due to either (A) a coding difficulty or (B) the desire to enhance the grind. Either way, life (and I would say the future of this forum thread) goes much smoother if you just accept it (making up some BS reason why along the way of course) and move on.

Bladedge
11-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Green Steel weapons have higher base damage then regular weapons and can bypass evil DR.

systemstate
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Sometimes, while strolling through the forums, I happen across a thread that just makes me laugh.

Does anyone else finding incredibly amusing that h4x somehow got stuck with a useless greensteel sickle? I mean, it sucks and all, but... I just can't stop chuckling about it for some reason.

Bro, you need to LitII that bad boy and bring the PVP pain over in Tha Lobsta. :D

kernal42
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Tradable items can take permanent damage, and nobody wants to craft on a damage greensteel blank. It's better this way.

Cheers,
Kernal

h4x0r1f1c
11-05-2010, 02:45 PM
K but it's not upgrade it's just a dumb +5 Sickle and I only equipped it because I once wanted to upgrade it.

I changed my mind long since and would like to sell it as the blank it is on the AH to someone else who wants one.

It benefits me in no way and if it's not upgraded I don't see it being too special to be bind on equip.

As for it attuning itself to me.. well my will should be stronger than it's will and I should be able to go "Look stupid Sickle I don't want you so I'm going to sell you now. You don't want to mess with me I'm the bad-a that got all 5 stones to even craft your stupid blank butt so you're going to be sold now un-attune thyself or else!"

If you can sell it to a vendor you can sell it to someone on the AH! Seriously idc if it's my fault for equipping it they should change it to be Binds on Upgrade.

h4x0r1f1c
11-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Tradable items can take permanent damage, and nobody wants to craft on a damage greensteel blank. It's better this way.

Cheers,
Kernal

Then they don't have to buy it. Besides nobody should be using it unless it's upgraded anyway.

It won't ever get permanently broken sitting in their inventory. Also once it's upgraded it doesn't really matter it's condition.

Qzipoun
11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
it's just a dumb +5 Sickle

It's not just a dumb +5 Sickle, go test it in PVP

kernal42
11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I changed my mind long since and would like to sell it as the blank it is on the AH to someone else who wants one.

It benefits me in no way and if it's not upgraded I don't see it being too special to be bind on equip.

I'd like to unbind the mithral FP I put in the stone of change and put it back on the AH too. But I realize that's not going to happen. I made the choice to attune it, and I need to accept the consequences of my actions.

-Kernal

kernal42
11-05-2010, 02:51 PM
K but it's not upgrade it's just a dumb +5 Sickle and I only equipped it because I once wanted to upgrade it.

Besides nobody should be using it unless it's upgraded anyway.

Very good!

h4x0r1f1c
11-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I'd like to unbind the mithral FP I put in the stone of change and put it back on the AH too. But I realize that's not going to happen. I made the choice to attune it, and I need to accept the consequences of my actions.

-Kernal

If you can put in dragonshards to bind it to ya' they should let you put in the same amount or more to unbind it.

It was your decision to bind it to yourself and Turbine shouldn't care if you want it unbound so you should be allowed to do it.

They need to change that, too, I guess. Honestly there are minor things they should change that have no affect on them making money yet make our lives easier.

h4x0r1f1c
11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Very good!

I wanted to swing it around some stop trying to argue against my good suggestion that has nothing to do with you.

Ainimache
11-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Sometimes, while strolling through the forums, I happen across a thread that just makes me laugh.

This.

It seems both sad and a little funny.

Has anyone else noticed that most posts h4x makes are about how he doesn't want to accept responsibility for his own actions? The rest seem to be how he wants the game to tailored to his play style.

On topic, it was clearly marked when you made it that it bound on equip. You probably used it, else why equip it. That means you got some benefit out of it. Maybe not the benefit you wanted, or thought it would give, but some benefit. Since you used it, and benefited from it, it's now yours. It's powerful, that's why it's bound. It's nice that it's not bound until you use it, so you can make blanks and sell/give/trade them to less lucky or less dedicated grinders...er...players. But it is powerful, so if you want to use it even once, it's yours "forever."

The reason you can sell bound stuff to vendors is because they can make use of the scrap. Vendors do not resell the items you sell to them. Even brokers don't resell bound stuff they take in. You have to assume they either have some way to melt it down or otherwise scrap it, or it's going in someone's personal museum never to be used, or sacrificed somehow to some godling or power or the like.

Going to add a comment about binding via stone of change: again, it's working as advertised. You get a significant benefit out of binding. Unbinding defeats the purpose of making it non-perma-breakable. If you could unbind at will, why not just make nothing breakable. Or, why not just make everything tradable and nothing wear at all! Wouldn't that make slime-fights easier? Also it would make fighting rust monsters in plate armor sooo much cheaper!

k1ngp1n
11-05-2010, 02:53 PM
*stuff*

Once again, I'm holding back from trolling. I had this post all laid out and ready to go, and decided you weren't worth the infraction. Instead, I shall contribute this:

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/r4zr/cute-bunny.jpg

Isn't it cute?

kernal42
11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
If you can put in dragonshards to bind it to ya' they should let you put in the same amount or more to unbind it.

It was your decision to bind it to yourself and Turbine shouldn't care if you want it unbound so you should be allowed to do it.

They need to change that, too, I guess. Honestly there are minor things they should change that have no affect on them making money yet make our lives easier.

Actually, a much better way to accomplish what you suggest is to remove permanent damage from the game entirely.

The game is better-off the way it is, of course.

-Kernal

kernal42
11-05-2010, 02:55 PM
I wanted to swing it around some stop trying to argue against my good suggestion that has nothing to do with you.

If you don't want your bad suggestions critiqued, don't post them in the forums.

krud
11-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Hold on to it and hope they implement GS deconstruction of some sort

Aaxeyu
11-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Besides nobody should be using it unless it's upgraded anyway.

Ok, so GS items are not used before upgraded, and they bind when they are used (equiped). Hence they don't bind until you upgrade them already!

h4x0r1f1c
11-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Ok, so GS items are not used before upgraded, and they bind when they are used (equiped). Hence they don't bind until you upgrade them already!

Unless you happen to swing one around first.

The_Cataclysm
11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Now if they were to implement this, chances are pretty good that it wouldn't be retroactive so the OP would still be stuck with the sickle.

vVAnjilaVv
11-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Just upgrade it to tier two and put a useful clicky on it......displacement, haste, stoneskin, raise dead....these are pretty nice to have if you can't find any other uses for it.

k1ngp1n
11-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Now if they were to implement this, chances are pretty good that it wouldn't be retroactive so the OP would still be stuck with the sickle.

Yeah, that's actually the best part I think. His rage in harbor general would be legendary.

The_Cataclysm
11-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, that's actually the best part I think. His rage in harbor general would be legendary.

Having seen several of his threads in the past, I have to ask. Which server does he play on?

Spoonwelder
11-05-2010, 03:13 PM
The 'man' is on Sarlona

Also - this thread reminds me of that quote from Forest Gump - not the box of chocolates one....what was that famous quote again it went like 'Ma mamma always told me - _____ is as _______ does"

What was that word again because it describes this post perfectly.

Healsavant
11-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Im just wondering who let him pike a Gimp pvp build through all of the pre-reqs need to craft any GS in the first place. Rest assured most or us have items we screwed up or no longer use, as you said yourself you were going to upgrade it, and at the time you knew it would bind but that didn't matter because you were going to use it. You equipped it was it bound, live with it. When you get old enough to get a license, and you get your first speeding ticket ask the cop if you can turn the car around and try it again, ill bet ya won't get a do-over.

Thrudh
11-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Make it into a displacement clickable...

I have several GS weapons that I never use in battle but are quite useful to me as displacement clickables

k1ngp1n
11-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Im just wondering who let him pike a Gimp pvp build through all of the pre-reqs need to craft any GS in the first place.

Luckily it was not me. I was unfortunately the one who brought a certain ranger (who had a rather fondness for attempting to finesse bastard swords) through the vale quests, and thereby unleashed him on the Sarlona Shroud PUG scene. I have regretted that moment for some time, and had tried to make amends. But, unfortunately, I later on assisted a certain cleric, who fancied himself as graceful, through the same quests. *Sigh* I just can't win. How I managed to avoid this one, I don't know.

markusthelion
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Make it into a displacement clickable...

I have several GS weapons that I never use in battle but are quite useful to me as displacement clickables

Good suggestion Thrudh, unfinished smokeII only require smalls/mediums and displacment is cool. I use mine all the time!

Kominalito
11-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Change This Game Plz.

Kza
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Do it to a rez clickie if caster or haste/displa if not imho. Just some small/meds.

edit : sorry saw ppl already suggested that.

h4x0r1f1c
11-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Im just wondering who let him pike a Gimp pvp build through all of the pre-reqs need to craft any GS in the first place. Rest assured most or us have items we screwed up or no longer use, as you said yourself you were going to upgrade it, and at the time you knew it would bind but that didn't matter because you were going to use it. You equipped it was it bound, live with it. When you get old enough to get a license, and you get your first speeding ticket ask the cop if you can turn the car around and try it again, ill bet ya won't get a do-over.

You're just mad at me because of the other day in the lobster it's okay be upset.

khaldan
11-05-2010, 03:34 PM
You're just mad at me because of the other day in the lobster it's okay be upset.

People get mad over PvP in this game?

Huh.

Missing_Minds
11-05-2010, 03:34 PM

I do wonder if PvP smack talk is allowed on the forums. I mean technically, it is a form of flame baiting. But it seems that huge egos are in need to open ones mouth larger to be heard over common sense.

*ponders* smack talk in your server forum, but keep it out of the other areas. My opinion only, feel free to ignore it.

Calebro
11-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Then they don't have to buy it. Besides nobody should be using it unless it's upgraded anyway.

It won't ever get permanently broken sitting in their inventory. Also once it's upgraded it doesn't really matter it's condition.

You've answered your own question.
If no one should ever use it before upgrading, then no one ever needs to equip it before an upgrade, so no GS should ever become bound before an upgrade.... by default.

So you say that no one should ever be using it before an upgrade, except you DID use it before an upgrade. So you created the problem yourself, when you knew full well that you shouldn't have.

Cernunan
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
If you don't want your bad suggestions critiqued, don't post them in the forums.

lol THIS!!

Healsavant
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I dont get upset its a game, a game in which I LOVE challenges, mostly of which I speak is the epic content. SOME is challenging some is not. Take epic chains, a very tough quest, can and is done without a caster and kill EVERYTHING...thats a challenge, would it be easier with a caster, im sure it would, but then where is my challenge? You find PvP as yours "im assuming" where is the challenge in jumping a lvl 8 or even a lvl 12, or for that matter even a lvl 20 when all you do is PWS? and stand back and nuke....PvP isnt a challenge, its one thing only strategy for lets say 15 seconds at a time. I will drop in the lobster from time to time in between my runs just to pass a little time till another epic starts. We have all seen how your epic runs go....from your own posts 5 hour wiz king epic with...what was the number 186 deaths? And when you asked me 3 different times to come I can only assume it was to carry you through.....stick with PvP and griefing all the noobs and weaker people, I have done my job, I am the sole reason every PvP post you have made has been put up:) tell me who is mad? MUhahahaha see ya soon!

kernal42
11-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm intrigued; is this what pos rep from someone with neg rep looks like?
http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/kernal42/DDO/Picture52.png

Healsavant
11-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm intrigued; is this what pos rep from someone with neg rep looks like?
http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/kernal42/DDO/Picture52.png
mine is EXACTLY the same heh

Asketes
11-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Just upgrade it to tier two and put a useful clicky on it......displacement, haste, stoneskin, raise dead....these are pretty nice to have if you can't find any other uses for it.

yup yup... i made a khopesh when i was going to go ranger on a tr, decided to go pally instead....

now it's gonna be another haste clicky :)

pretty cheap if you ask me, just cost me a couple quests and like 5 shroud runs (had the ingreds already really)

i can't think of anyone that would sell 4.6 minutes of haste clicky on one item for that cheap :p

h4x0r1f1c
11-05-2010, 04:06 PM
PvP isnt a challenge, its one thing only strategy for lets say 15 seconds at a time.

Or in your case 20 seconds w/ Slayer Arrows imbued before you have to hop out.

MUhahahaha see ya soon!

K haven't seen you in days figured you were pretty sad since your ioun stone didn't make you invincible like you thought it did etc.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-05-2010, 04:10 PM

For future reference, you don't need to equip it to upgrade it.

Consider using it as a blank to make a "clickie" you want. At that point it doesn't matter what kind of weapon it is and it will do fine for you. (For example a raise dead clickie)

No, that defeats the purpose of binding.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Unless you happen to swing one around first.

Can I have my virginity back? I only swung it around a bit :p

Llewndyn
11-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I do wonder if PvP smack talk is allowed on the forums. I mean technically, it is a form of flame baiting. But it seems that huge egos are in need to open ones mouth larger to be heard over common sense.

*ponders* smack talk in your server forum, but keep it out of the other areas. My opinion only, feel free to ignore it.

The highlight of my day is a h4x0r1f1c post. I don't wanna have to dig for my fix for inane self centered me-me-me... h4x don't listen to any of these people, what changes can you see making PVP fun again?