PDA

View Full Version : TR Island

articwarrior
11-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Looking at the new gear from the new pack I realize that it was for new players. So why not make a certain pack which only TR players can go on, it would give slightly better loot, slightly more xp and be more challenging. The reason it would be more challenging would be because TRed players usually have GS weapons/items. The pack would be around 12-14 which is when GS weapons are beginning to be used.

Positives:
1. Can be good for advancing in those difficult levels
2. Good loot at-level
3. New and exclusive pack
4. More of a challenge for veterans
5. Promotes true reincarnating

Negatives:

1. Can be exploited at higher levels (ex. 20) for loot
2. True reincarnated only

Anyone else have any ideas to add on?

Zenako
11-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Positives:
2. Good loot at-level

Negatives:

Point by point.
1. If the experience was balanced for the quest level, not sure why it would help over just having more quests available.
2. Part of your rationale is that TR's already have GS items and unless the loot is even vastly more overpowered and unbalanced than GS then why would it be a motivator.
3. Would you also support a pack of quests that was released for JUST F2P players? Releasing content that is restricted to only certain classes of players is not a good idea.
4. Just run content on Elite settings for more challenge. Not all TR's are uber equiped.
5. Yes it would likely promote a few people to TR that might not have otherwise, but I frankly think it is a very small number.

Negatives?
1. If the loot is BtA yup, if it is BtC like GS, then hard to meainingfully exploit.
2. I think you overestimate the number of TR's in the overall population. Within the longstanding player base, I know many people with "wings", but as I walk around I do not see all that many in the rest of the game. Making something that only serves a small niche, and that requires TP to be spent to do so, is counter to all current economic mindsets they have shown to date.

Lord_WC
11-05-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't think any TR is concerned for levels 12-14, ton of things to run (sands, GH, orchard). We need 16+ packs.

HalfOrcBeautyQueen
11-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Looking at the new gear from the new pack I realize that it was for new players. So why not make a certain pack which only TR players can go on, it would give slightly better loot, slightly more xp and be more challenging. The reason it would be more challenging would be because TRed players usually have GS weapons/items. The pack would be around 12-14 which is when GS weapons are beginning to be used.

Positives:
2. Good loot at-level

Negatives:

Instead of making of it TR only, it should just be more difficult than a regular Adventure Pack. The higher difficulty setting will make it "easier" for a TR to play it. So it could be a kind of wink wink, nudge nudge situation where its clear the intention was for a "TR pack" but this way everyone could enjoy it.

Hokonoso
11-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I don't think any TR is concerned for levels 12-14, ton of things to run (sands, GH, orchard). We need 16+ packs.

this, after running litany, vale, refuge and IC2 quests 12 times each im tired!!!

there is no reason why a double TR should have to run SO many different quests 10+ times to reach 20, currently you can run a quest 15 times before it no longer gives xp, its one thing to do this to quests that are worth doing it to (ie shadow crypt, litany of the dead), but it is another different thing to do it to quests that dont give much xp (ie vale, refuge, and amrath quests). it's like you want us to do slayers (which btw suck and are only efficient on casters/healers).

Danmor
11-05-2010, 08:28 AM
There's more than enough xp for levels 12-14 if you choose to run necro. Also, the new quests from U7 are in that range already with fairly decent loot.

If you want more xp, do something for levels 18-20.

Levels 12-14: Sands, Droaam, Cursed Crypt, Shadow Crypt Farming
Levels 14-16: Orchard, GH
Levels 16-18: Litany, GH Elites, Litany, Vale quests
Levels 19-20: IQ, Amrath, Reaver's Refuge

Can be done fairly easy actually :)

Crystalizer
11-05-2010, 08:29 AM
not signed, i don't want TR specific content, or the game will start to die since TR builds farming xp are a good xp pump for newcomers

MrkGrismer
11-05-2010, 08:31 AM

Having just gotten my first character to 20 I would say we need more 14+. When you look at the lists of quests by level it is like each level equals one certain adventure pack, with few exceptions. There is tons of stuff 12 and lower.

hermespan
11-05-2010, 08:55 AM
not signed, i don't want TR specific content, or the game will start to die since TR builds farming xp are a good xp pump for newcomers

A lot of TRs won't run with new players because it costs 10% xp when they get themselves killed. My guild regularly 1-4 mans regular quest content with TRing guild members only due to this. We almost never PuG. This mechanic should be changed if Turbine wants vets to help new players. The xp hit should be applied like it used to be, to the person that died. Ditto for re-entry penalty.

I am leveling my horc and in TS the other night some guy accidentally hit the wrong button when he died. Leader had to immediately kick him over it because of the group wide xp loss if he re-entered. I can't blame him, and I'm glad he did it but it sucks and that player may have been left wondering why he got the boot, if he's new.

Not sure how that benefits anyone. I'm sure it left a bad taste in the new players mouth about the leader, group, and the raid.

articwarrior
11-05-2010, 09:55 AM
let me tell you at my server... there is nothing to run for lvl 14, this was because I barely farmed shadow crypt and so I had farmed necro 4 and gh, that got me 1 level, I really feel we should have a TR exclusive island because it will increase xp for leveling TR, it's been a while since they have created a lvl 12-14 pack. it would be free to all, just that they have to be TRed. it's not that hard to get a to get a toon to level 20 at normal xp, but that first TR hits you hard, +65% hard

Edit: oh and sands is only good for wiz king

Kintro
11-05-2010, 10:16 AM

Maraud the Mines is decent XP and the side quests (purge,ramat,kourush) take 5 minutes each and are worth doing at least h/e.

Lord_WC
11-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Offering of blood is awesome xp/min AND overall xp as well.

Danmor
11-05-2010, 10:26 AM
let me tell you at my server... there is nothing to run for lvl 14,

Last I've heard all servers have the same quests :P

this was because I barely farmed shadow crypt and so I had farmed necro 4 and gh, that got me 1 level

So you did GH and Necro 4 too early?

I really feel we should have a TR exclusive island because it will increase xp for leveling TR, it's been a while since they have created a lvl 12-14 pack.

U7

it would be free to all, just that they have to be TRed. it's not that hard to get a to get a toon to level 20 at normal xp, but that first TR hits you hard, +65% hard

Sands is good for a lot more.

Lithic
11-05-2010, 10:32 AM

Please let me introduce you to:

1) Maraud the Mines. 3k+ xp/min in a group that splits up.
2) Purge the fallen shrine. 2k xp/min with either one bladebarrier, or cone of colder.
3) Offering of blood 1k-1.5k xp/min (though I dont like this one due to the length of time it takes to run back to entrance).
4) Tomb of the astrologer. 1k-1.5kxp/min with invis clickie.
5) Tomb of the Physician. 1k-1.5kxp/min with invis clickie.

Only raid the vulkoorim and chains are not worth farming IMO, and I bet you could even make vulkoorim worthwhile if the group splits up and has 2 or more area effect casters.

testing1234
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
not a bad idea, but the game is so starved for 16+ content it would be a shame to restrict content.

dont see any reason why they could not make this harder then normal quests 16+ open to all and have it being amazing exp and hard.

rest
11-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Please let me introduce you to:

1) Maraud the Mines. 3k+ xp/min in a group that splits up.
2) Purge the fallen shrine. 2k xp/min with either one bladebarrier, or cone of colder.
3) Offering of blood 1k-1.5k xp/min (though I dont like this one due to the length of time it takes to run back to entrance).
4) Tomb of the astrologer. 1k-1.5kxp/min with invis clickie.
5) Tomb of the Physician. 1k-1.5kxp/min with invis clickie.

Only raid the vulkoorim and chains are not worth farming IMO, and I bet you could even make vulkoorim worthwhile if the group splits up and has 2 or more area effect casters.

Marud the Mines is AMAZING xp even solo. I got it down to 4 minutes a run. And since it's a walkup, you can simply abandon it once you get outside, take 2 steps back, take 2 steps forward and have the quest bestowed to you to run again. (I'm sure you already know this. Was for other people's benefit) Missing out on end rewards, but XP sacking that quest can take net you a boat load of easy xp.

I just hit 17 on my double TR cleric. I admit I didn't get the smartest xp. The 25% bonus spoiled me. I haven't sacked the orchard fully yet, and I still need GH on elite. I'm a bad TR :o

I'd love to see more 16+ content.

Kintro
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
And since it's a walkup, you can simply abandon it once you get outside, take 2 steps back, take 2 steps forward and have the quest bestowed to you to run again.

Nice tip, I'd never thought to abandon it like that before!

Noctus
11-05-2010, 12:18 PM
A lot of TRs won't run with new players because it costs 10% xp when they get themselves killed. My guild regularly 1-4 mans regular quest content with TRing guild members only due to this. We almost never PuG. This mechanic should be changed if Turbine wants vets to help new players. The xp hit should be applied like it used to be, to the person that died.

/signed.

I have the exactly same experiences. When running TRs:
shortmanning > pugging empty spots

On a rational side i do it, but on a emotional side i dont like it that i´m disincentivised from grouping. But the XP grind is too big to risk loosing the 10% bonus when letting in puggers.

Ditto for re-entry penalty.

Thats okay and should stay. If casters didnt have to manage their SP between shrines, and instead could just leasurely stroll back to the bar to fresh up, it would be one big easybutton for casters.

Jaid314
11-05-2010, 01:05 PM
/signed.

I have the exactly same experiences. When running TRs:
shortmanning > pugging empty spots

On a rational side i do it, but on a emotional side i dont like it that i´m disincentivised from grouping. But the XP grind is too big to risk loosing the 10% bonus when letting in puggers.

Thats okay and should stay. If casters didnt have to manage their SP between shrines, and instead could just leasurely stroll back to the bar to fresh up, it would be one big easybutton for casters.

he's not advocating it's removal, he's advocating it's application to be *only* on the person re-entering as opposed to hurting the entire group. currently, it's a loss of a 10% bonus to the group as a whole, plus the individual loses 25% on top of that, which is quite painful, and why should it cost the rest of the group exp anyways?

TheSavage
11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
/notsigned

I really wouldn't want Turbine to waste development time on something that would benefit only a small segment of the population...

If you wanted something to make XP easier for TRs to get, perhaps a difficulty setting between Elite and Epic that could only be accessed by TRs (actually, I just thought of that, and I really like it as an idea...), but a whole quest chain that 90%+ of the server population can't access is not a good use of limited resources...