PDA

View Full Version : 5 changes you want to see in update 8.

der_kluge
11-02-2010, 05:54 PM
wouldn't it be great if the devs would post a poll.... which of these 5 things would you most like to see in update 8?

I was just thinking the same thing this morning. So, here's how this works.

Post 5 (and only 5 - or less) things that you want to see added, or changed to DDO in update 8. Whatever.

These could be things you've dreamed up on your own, but feel free to reiterate things over people have already mentioned. They do not need to all be original ideas.

After a sufficient number of posts, I'll weed out duplicates, and post a succinct list of all the changes people want to see. In a new thread, everyone will get 5 (and only 5!) votes - we'll vote on the top 5 changes that everyone agrees are the most important things people want to see added to the game.

jcTharin
11-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Druids.

Half-Orks and Half-Elves finished.

that is what i care about more than anything at the moment.

der_kluge
11-02-2010, 06:11 PM
In no particular order:

1. Druids

2. Gnomes

3. The ability to share platinum via the shared bank.

4. The ability to customize the look (dress) of characters, regardless of equipment.

5. "free" bard songs for bards so they can just play music if they want to.

Thornton
11-02-2010, 06:12 PM
1. Druids

2. Some Ranged combat love.

AyumiAmakusa
11-02-2010, 06:18 PM
1. Sex change on TRs.
2. Better ranged combat DPS.
3. All PREs.
4. Cleric Domains/Deities.
5. AC fixes so that it matters.

EddieB_TBC
11-02-2010, 06:19 PM
1-5. Fix the memory leak.

Ok there are probably some in game bugs too that could deal with some love but I can't think of any of them that are quite so bloody freakin annoying and happen just about anywhere in game eventually simply because you've loaded x number of instances while playing.

/grumble

jcTharin
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
In no particular order:

1. Druids

2. Gnomes

4. The ability to customize the look (dress) of characters, regardless of equipment.

Endless fascinate!

THAT would be OP

Suzaku
11-02-2010, 06:22 PM
1: Druids
2: Some level 15 quests
3: Druids
4: Level 15 quests
5: Druids.

samthedagger
11-02-2010, 06:23 PM
1. Sorcerer prestige enhancement
2. Double trap parts scavenged by Mechanic I, triple trap parts scavenged by Mechanic II
3. Mechanic III
4. Thief Acrobat III
5. Rogue bonus feat that allows part of sneak attack damage to count against undead and one that does the same for constructs.

I like rogues...

Dakotahorn
11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Majors

1) More Low-level crafting (+1 force damage to a bound weapon is good, but I want more)

2) More 'customizable feel' when it comes to armors etc.

3) Sorc Prestige Classes

4) High end content - Side note* Please take some time to make this really pop with the story arc

Minor

5) Ability to delete multiple mails in the mailbox - Like check a box next to them and hit delete once, or have a 'delete all' button

Astria
11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
1. More high level content (level 18+ quests)
2. Finished prestige enhancements for existing classes.
3. Reduction in the number of blanket immunities or change in how various spells effect epic warded creatures or bosses.
4. More spells in general, but especially more useful higher level spells for arcanes and divines.
5. Customizable cosmetic changes to gear. Possibly as some kind of crafting.

shores11
11-02-2010, 06:31 PM
My top five:

1) New end game questing (6 + new quests) and raid (level 21).
>>> Add in a Green Dragon as boss.
2) Gianthold going epic all quests in gianthold as well not just the flagging quests.
3) I would like an option to have epic level traps in epic level quests similar to what was done at the launch of epic level questing.
4) Add in a new House Enclave i.e House Orien, House Lavandar, etc...
5) Some improvements made on the look of the half-elf, especially their cheeks.

Dcloak
11-02-2010, 06:32 PM
1. Greensteel weapons/items Deconstruction
2. Warchanter III
3. Dark Monk III Edit: I mean Ninja Spy III. :D
4. Armor Dyes
5. Druid Class

NaturalHazard
11-02-2010, 06:33 PM
1 druids

2 ranged combate love

3 something added to tempest 3

4 something done to ac to make it matter, maybe in epic?

5 maybe someway to change your armour appearance?

I also like some of the other suggestions on here as well.

voodoogroves
11-02-2010, 06:42 PM
1. Shifters - though I know this is going to be unlikely due to the release of 2 new races
2. Deepwood Sniper 3 - rangers are on the low-end of the curve and need some love; this could be a good way to do that
3. Eldritch Knight - or Knight Phantom or Spellsword or Bladesinger ... elven PRE
4. Shield Crafting - like DT but for shields
5. Scorpion Wraith

Sir_Noob
11-02-2010, 06:49 PM
1) A bag for spell components
2) The ability to drag my arrows from my equipped quiver to the hot bar so I can change arrow types on the fly.
3) Druids
4) 1 bonus feat for Sorcs or a Prestige Enhancement
5) The ability to choose height and weight on new toons created so we create more variety in the game.

jortann
11-02-2010, 06:53 PM
1. Make the guy who walks over to the bookcase in 'The Lost Tome' walk faster.

2. More beard and hair options for Dwarfs

3. Customizable armor colors and effects - maybe someone might actually wear darkleaf armor then.

4. Make the Dwarven Axe Feat useable by every Dwarf, not just ones with martial weapon proficiency. Even if the only reason is so no one will ever ask the question about why it doesn't work again. But really we all know Dwarfs babies sleep with axes in their cribs not just the ones with martial weapon proficiency - Make it real DDO!

5. Take away slimes immunity to fire - really it doesn't even make sense. If its because they are suppossed to be water-based, then fire should dry them into a crispy wafer, which could be smashed by any weapon. Or if they are water based they should be able to be frozen. Really I don't understand what they could be made out of that is immune to both fire and ice. (And please don't respond to me to tell me they are made out of slime :D )

6. Add something into the intro quest that shows people how to drag enhancements, feats and clickies to their hotbars.

6a. Add something into the intro quest that shows wizards how to drag spells into their hotbar. And a tutorial on how casters can switch spells at shrines. And a tutorial on how to inscribe scrolls (even if the only reason is so this question wont be asked 100 times in Korthos everyday)

Ooooppps! I got carried away...

sirgog
11-02-2010, 07:05 PM
1) One or more new raid(s), level 18 or higher (so tougher than Shroud on Normal), as the 'capstone' of a new adventure pack aimed at 17-20th level players
2) Changes to Epic drop rates to make all of the epic items about as difficult to obtain as the Epic Gloves of the Claw
3) Tweaks to half-elves to make them better
4) Let level 18s (possibly TRs only, possibly requiring some other form of flagging) into Epics, and have them award quite good XP
5) Epic Gianthold Tor.

CrescentCalling_5
11-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Okay from top importance to least importance

1. Druids
2. Better Crafting Systems
3. Completed Sorcerer PrE's
4. More level 10-15 quests
5. More level 15-20 quests (well I'm far off from TRing ;p)

QuantumFX
11-02-2010, 07:23 PM
More level 15-19 quests
Half-Elf Dilliante enhancements
Ranged combat pass
Greater Spearblock to provide my DR rather than Stoneskin when being pelted by arrows.
More Half-Elf facial model choices

Kushiel
11-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Take the quest "The Crucible" and burn it to the frelling ground.

Remove (or radically alter) Dungeon Alerts/Harried.

Give every quest about another 2 levels worth of use before it starts to incure -% penalties for just stepping into it.

Reduce the -% hit that comes from level disparity of character compared to quest. (There are certain quests that are only approaching being *fun* as i'm 6 levels over them... making that 99% hit to xp disheartening to say the very least.)

Change wilderness zones so that the mechanism is not a -50% to the xp for drifting just one level over the arbitrary, random level "cap" for the area.

Aaxeyu
11-02-2010, 07:34 PM
1. Be able to use global hotkeyes for mediaplayers while in DDO.
2. Be able to use global hotkeyes for mediaplayers while in DDO.
3. Be able to use global hotkeyes for mediaplayers while in DDO.
4. Be able to use global hotkeyes for mediaplayers while in DDO.
5. Be able to use global hotkeyes for mediaplayers while in DDO.

I'm really annoyed -.-

Winter_storm
11-02-2010, 07:47 PM
1 Druids

2 A bag for spell components and potions.

3 Treat all bags as a inventory slot so can track items lost if server glitches. or better make it a special inventory slot with the amount of items that can be held would be according to size purchased or given. So when you turn in stuff it will detect your item in the bag (inventory slot).

4 Create optional dungeons (secret passages) in quests that only rogue of 7th lvl can detect.

5 Dye coloring and use chosen clothing for appearance, some what like Lotro.

Bradik_Losdar
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM
#1-4: See my signature below
#5: Customizable clothing and armor

karnokvolrath
11-02-2010, 08:23 PM
1. 15-19 quest chain.
2. Plat in Shared bank
3. Druids
4. Gnomes.
5. Gianthold Epic

RJBsComputer
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
1. A shield feat line and enchantment line so that it can be used in combat, increase AC, and improve DR

2. Make AC matter

3. Replace the small feat for a rogue to overcome Fort and replace it with a REAL feat

4. Better and more level 7, 8, and 9th level spells for all magic-users

5. More XP love for The Few, The Proud, The Brave, The TR toons

Orratti
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Better equipped monsters getting an increased number of attacks and movement rate depending on level/cr rating coupled with automatic buffs, quickened casters and a lessening of immunities/hit points with an increase in ac.

Rof increase for bows/crossbows outside of manyshot increasing with levels gained

Better AI for enemies

Improvements to stealth

A change to tumble to make it an active skill that can be hotbarred without blocking

Greensteel shield crafting

dimster28
11-02-2010, 09:00 PM
1. more race (montrous humanoid) and class
2. armor/shield/helm customize
3. ninja spy III
4. improve collectibles and Ingredents bags, example, add more tabs like collectibles used to do, halloween stuff under 1 tab, winter stuff under 1 tab, festival items under 1 tab, dragon scales under 1 tab, and etc.
5. add more stuff into bags (invasion tokens, planar tokens, reaver refugee essences, shroud shards)

nitronisto
11-02-2010, 09:01 PM
5. shared bank least 1 tab given from favor
4. more open area's runin around stormwind is nice and all but personal instances gets old fast
3. differnt skins for items. weps sheilds, armor. ect this is based on dnd for cryin out loud theres a ton of skins and items in pnp
2. allow summons to be controlled like higherlings or EQ mage pets, it would add a whole new dynamic style of play to the game
1. this is probably my true and main flaw i find in the game FIX THE STUFF THAT IS KNOWN ISSUES!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN were goin up to update 8 and DOS for palis hate still isint fixed and yet the dervs openly admit they know.... so if u know fix it......... also fix the other enhancements that are broken, ie. other class prestige enhancements
so thats my top 5 Q_Q's

Fishcatch22
11-02-2010, 09:13 PM
1. More free high level quests. Ideally 1 free quest for every level besides 20.
2. Druids
3. Gnomes. I want moar midgets!
4. Make ranged and throwing attacks do more damage to compensate for slowness.
5. Make an endgame system similar to WoW in which endgame gear is bought with tokens from defeating bosses at endgame content, instead of forcing grinding.

shortdevils
11-02-2010, 09:41 PM
1 armor customization!!!!!
2 finish existing pre's and make dark monks awesome again(revamp ninja spy completely. Quick note: giving us a x3 crit multiplier will be awesome for tier)
3 more spells. We need more spells. Especially bards and divine dudes but wizzy need to have meaning in ability to switch spells.

4 half elves finished and don't look like pikachu and king kong cross

5 end game quests. Yes please and with some nice gear like improved paralyzers(higher will saves) stunners higher than + 10 and other weapon magical effects,just with higher saves and maybe stronger effects in other cases . Probably with ml of 20.

i would say druids but i seriously doubt it will make it. i smell its coming soon but definitely not update 8

Scraap
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
1- the Known Issues thread cut by at least 10%

2- different types of AC treated differently (like, no dex+dodge when flanked since there's no flatfooted system here to force folks back on the same dice), or just ditch the d20 system entirely (like actual armor applying DR to glancing blows)

3- spell cost-effectiveness review, ie: single vs mass vs buff vs debuff vs instant vs persistent all costing the same works in PnP with 5 round fights. Here... not so much.

4- ranged review, be it by speed, even if it does mean ripping out and overhauling the whole system, or something more minor like scaling damage via obtainable ammo or an extra stat taken into account.

5- trap cost-effectiveness review

Uska
11-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Endless fascinate!

THAT would be OP

Thats not what he is saying he just wants to play music for RP and atmosphere.

tre75
11-02-2010, 10:03 PM
1. Druid's
2. Gianthold Epic!!!
3. Fix Epic droprate's for quests already epic'ized - yes that means mostly desert's, you know its wrong but do nothing about it? hmmm.
4. A rework of epic raid's/quest's - similar to 4 - a method such as what has been previously proposed in other forum post's - like the 20th (personally I think 20 runs is a bit much for one epic quest, maybe something lower) epic run of quest choice of seals/shards/scrolls).
5. As previously stated, let us customise our armor/look more! It cannot be stated more than enough that people are sick of seeing every single person in every single quest you go into, take shroud for prime example, almost everyone has dragontouched armor, we all look the same, how boring mindless & repetitive can you get?

Thank you for reading :)

Veriden
11-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Bah forget druids, and gnomes. We don't need gnomes in the least, nor do we really need druids. Why? Because gnomes are annoying and I swear if they were ever made they would sound more annoying as a monk than the halflings do. Druids b/c well there is not enough things a druid would actually go for in quests. Most quests break down into 'slaughter these fools' and the spell selection for divine casters blows hard enough.

Druids would pretty much be turned into subpar healers by time they hit shroud truth be told. Their 'wild shape' is not something that the devs can do correctly. No offense devs but it can't be done with out a lot of disapointment in player base. That and a huge lack in non-metal armor is a major draw back for any defense they might have.

Druids have always been a fun RP race, yet sadly even as an rp'er I can't put them any where in a major city like ebberon. Bring out War mages(best evocationists out there. sp of a sorc light armor prof. and various nuking spells.), Knights(most definitely best hate AND intimi tanks), and Duskblades(some of the best solo/veristle) instead of druids in my opinion.

now to my 5
1.) Visual customization for armor/clothing. and /showlayer (as most outfits are duo and trio layered of fabrics. They are awesome looking if you take away that ******** blue poncho.)

2.) Increase in monster attack speed, lessen damage slightly per hit by deflating over inflated str stat.

3.) Green steel deconstruction crafting. (lose shards and power cells keep 1/2-3/4 mats)

4.) Revamp sound track. CHANGE HALFLING MONK VOICES! so annoying. (or ban halflings from being monks...either will work but that voice has to go.)

5.) Remove annoying chimes/bells from shadow walk, mail boxes, and altars. And remove that blasted high pitched whistle in harbor.

Xenus_Paradox
11-02-2010, 10:33 PM
1. Fix recall from Vale always taking you to the Twelve.
2. Half-Elf Dilettante feats grant the ability to always treat any one skill from the associated class as a class skill.
3. Existing PrEs to level 3, add all other PrEs at level 1 or higher.
4. More sonic spells for Bards- Cacophonic Burst (5th level: 20-foot radius burst; 1d4 sonic damage per caster level, max 15d4), Sonic Shield (3rd level: +4 Deflection bonus to AC; creatures that damage you with melee attacks take 1d8 sonic damage and are hurled back 5 feet; Reflex negates knockback), Wounding Whispers (3rd level: creatures that damage you with melee attacks take 1d6 sonic damage +1/caster level).
5. Attacks of Opportunity: If a monster tries to move away from you while you're actively swinging at it, you immediately make an attack on it before it can move, regardless of current animation. Monsters can also land AoOs on players under the same conditions.

Saravis
11-02-2010, 11:08 PM
1. Sorcerer Prestiges
2. Sorcerer Prestiges
3. More high lvl arcane spells, especially another lvl 9 damage based spell
4. High lvl (17-20) quests geared towards Arcanes
5. Sorcerer Prestiges

saber7
11-02-2010, 11:19 PM
1) Range Combat review and updating.
2) Address weapons that aren't used as often. (i.e. B swords, Dwarven Axes, and normal Xbows)
3) AC in general (Including working on something for shields)
4) Final Tier of Brad Pre (Perhaps I'm a little bias here :D)
5) A new item slot that could take up a familiar, animal companion, intelligent item, etc that won't affect the game around them but could add useful abilities (Kinda like another trinket slot. Oh and make it actually appears on your character like ion stones.)

If I had 6... Druids, but that won't happen in such a short time as update 8.
And if I had 7 a new city area in Sharn... though that is also a long ways off if ever.

MeliCat
11-02-2010, 11:36 PM
1. buffs on a player list alphabetically when you view them in your focus orb so you can see more easily what they have - and descriptions can be removed but timers remain.
2. DT armor is so so bathrobe or barmat. new artwork please. same goes for those helf attrocities that just look scary.
3. more teleport points... or at least *something* to get to and from the bottom of reavers refuge.
4. more quests of the level 15-17 range.
5. genuine protection for players at server lagtime when people have lost large bag of ings with hours and hours worth of ing in the bag - some proper backup system that alllows for tracking of ing bag contents and retrivial should a disaster during server lag time occur.

Aashrym
11-02-2010, 11:51 PM
1) Druids
2) Artificers
3) Tier III Bard PRE's
4) Some 15th level + quest chains
5) ***A COMMAND BAR FOR SUMMONS*** (Please)

That's my current wishlist.

Seliana
11-03-2010, 12:20 AM
1. Give Arcane Casters a purpose beyond buffs and debuffs during raids. (For Example: Spellpoint Regeneration or Remove some immunities)
2. Increased Ranged attack speed AND damage. Rework Manyshot to be a toggle of some kind.
3. Tier 3 of all existing PRE's
4. Armor and Weapon Customization and Coloring
5. Female Models for Warforged. Give us Fembots (http://www.bossythecow.com/femaleforged.jpg)!

Alabore
11-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Appearance customisation - a pet peeve of mine about DDO.

1 - Barbers, like they have in Lotro.
2 - Outfitters, again, Lotro.
3 - Some variety in models - height and breadth aren't that appreciable much, unless they allowed for some really unappealing extremes.
But I'd like to being able to choose different body types and animations - I dislike how my fighter moves and fights just like my wizard.
4 - On a related note, unlocking race-specific emotes for all races. More variety, not less.
5 - Oh, speaking of appearance: half elves.

voxson5
11-03-2010, 12:25 AM
In no particular order:

- Sword & Board feat line (better ac / better dr / faster single weapon attack with shield / fancy S&B twf like on the movies)
- Ranged combat love (even the archers on Korthos shoot faster than a high level archer. Feat line to improve speed)
- Psionicist (class)
- Customization of clothing (even if it is just to remove the really nasty top layer from the good looking outfit)
- The "monkey grip" feat from PnP:

Type of Feat: General

Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +1

Specifics: This feat grants the ability to wield weapons that are normally two-handed for your race with only one hand at a –2 penalty to hit. For example, a human could wield a greatsword and a shield using this feat, while a halfling could wield a longsword in each hand. Medium sized characters (humans, half-orcs, elves, dwarves, etc) with this feat can use giant weapons (with –2 to hit). Note that this ability only applies to melee weapons and does not affect the use of crossbows, bows, et cetera.

Use: Automatic.

Halfling players may not agree, but in all fairness it makes sense a 2-hander or large weapon would be too bulky and cumbersome for a Halfling to use, despite the STR score.

Peo
11-03-2010, 12:46 AM
1. Sorcerer Prestige Enhancements.
This isn't Wizards of the coast, no need to make sorcerers suck and roll out multiple Wizard PrE lines.

2. New playable race: Steel Dragon
I can dream right?

3. New Class: Factotum & Factotum PrE: Chameleon.
It would be interesting to see how they pull off the ultimate skillmonkey with the most nonspell powered versatility possible.

4. Sorcerer Prestige Enhancements.
Bears repeating, again and again and again. Because they didn't listen in Update 5 when the Wizard got it's first everyone kept asking about the Sorcerer.

5. Revisit True Resurrection.
The increased ability point buy isn't worth as much and people think. Well, unless they are a paladin or monk. Many of the TR optional feats suck as well. Like the FvS feat is a 10/rest Searing Orb spell, the delay is so horrible you can spam Symbol of Death faster than the orb. And since it is unaffected by metamagic feats and items it's damage output is less than the much faster casting eternal wands. Update 7's eternal wand just plain puts the TR feat to epic shame.

I honesty feel like I should delete my FvS TRed to Sorcerer character at this point. It would be much more choice optimum to play as a Wizard or Half-Orc Barbarian. I'd also skip the stupid +5% XP required thing.

MysteryNotes
11-03-2010, 01:14 AM
1. Sex change on TRs.
2. Better ranged combat DPS.

This.
*Edit*
500th post!

DustTheWind
11-03-2010, 02:00 AM
1.) Realistic cow (centaur) tripping
2.) Pony mounts!
3.) Rust monster musk darts
4.) More realistic sewage water!
5.) Stylish bark skin!

On a more realistic note (forbid I never get the above) then.

1.) Merge more servers :D within manageable limits
2.) Ranged fixes and ranged will more gradually ramp up not like AA level 20 and then you get slaying arrow and speed. Whats the point then? I want a reason to play ranged at lower levels. And not just AA.
3.) A new classes
(soulknife XPH 26 A warrior who fights with an idealized blade of personal mental energy) or
(duskblade PH2 19 If you find you can't choose between being an arcane spellcaster who zaps your enemies with powerful spells and a nimble, powerful front-line melee character who lays them low with a sword).
(or some other classes mentioned here)
4.) More variety in character design and look weight ect.
5.) Fixing all the annoying existing problems mentioned probably should be 1st on the list.

6.) Other alien planets maybe with star ships and lasers... I guess that would be the wrong game

Rakian_Knight
11-03-2010, 02:16 AM
5) Customizable Greensteel looks
4) Epic Necro 1-4
3) Epic Vale of Twilight (more for epic Hound,VoD, and Twilight Quest)
2) Finish all PrE's
1) ORGANIZED INGREDIENT BAGS!

JasonJi72
11-03-2010, 02:32 AM
1. Druids, but done right.

2. Customize appearance.

3. Fix Half-Elf ugliness.

4. Prestige III for all existing classes.

5. The ability to disable coming out of stealth when attacking for rogues.

reaktorblock
11-03-2010, 02:35 AM
1. No Lag
2. Visible Cloaks
3. Visible Glasses
4. More face options on elves, drow, halflings
5. Monsters trying to stay out of firewalls

MrCow
11-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Gnomes.
Druids.
For particular unarmed fist attacks to hit your hard-targetted target first. I'm tired of having stunning fist and quivering palm destroy nearby barrels near my target instead of my target.
Resolving memory leak based issues such as UMD client lag, the delay on loading infrequently used graphics or first-time used graphics, and logging onto other characters without shutting the DDO client down.
Cows that belong to Race: Animal, or at the very least as fiendish or celestial templates.

hityawithastick
11-03-2010, 02:45 AM
1. Customizable clothing/hair/height/weight--make a character more unique. If it comes to a choice, though--customizable clothing. No contest.

2. A little artistic love for the poor ugly half-elves. It's distracting. I don't intend to play them, but if I'm PuGing and one jumps out at me suddenly, I might waste spellpoints on a fireball. :D

3. Ranged combat is lame. It would be nice for it not to be. Make it so!

4. Can we have one more negative energy spell for the wizards? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeezz? :D

5. Sorcerer Prestiges. Suggestion: A 'specialization' prestige class. Choose fire/cold, acid/lightning, or force. Each one grants a stacking +10% to damage with those spells, and a -5% to all other energy types. But after seeing Archmage, I'm sure whatever y'all come up with will be awesome.

Kthnxbai!

That is all.

CE2JRH123
11-03-2010, 02:49 AM
1) Some serious cleric loving: 2 more prestige classes (a casting cleric: Dweomerkeeper, and a battle cleric: Warpriest), both to Tier 3, and RSoP to Tier 3 as well. ~15 domains (pick two).

2) AH price sort with a tag to sort by price by unit. And improve the search. Apparently I can't type "Holy pure" to find items with both holy and pure in them. Instead I have to type "Holy" and scroll through looking at pure.

3) Fixes for many of the basic pet-peeves (Ninja looted scrolls, UI problems, bugs, etc)

4) Lag issues resolved would be very nice.

5) Organized bags, and a wider variety of bags, would be very nice (Potion bag, scroll bag, spell components bag).

SyrianSB
11-03-2010, 03:15 AM
1. Fix AC in epics
2. Ranged combat love
3. An abbot/titan style raid
4. A raid or quest difficult enough that it takes several weeks to beat
5. Armor looks customization

Sinni
11-03-2010, 03:42 AM
i'll keep it realistic, knowing that even updates only add small stuff and some content, so new classes such as druid are out of the question (though they would be very high in a general list)

1. a solution to the "everyone looks the same" problem
2. ranged combat love
3. making half-elfs a decent choice
4. mechanic III
5. non-epic lvl 17+ content

GorseVild
11-03-2010, 03:43 AM
In no particular order

1. Make traps randomly lethal and not linked to the dungeon difficulty so they are not just something you can run through without thinking until you hit elite
2. Make trap positions random, how many times have i seen the trap box location been pointed out by a character with zip spot skills
3. Improve monster AI so that they recognise standing in firewalls and blade barriers is bad for your health.
4. I would like to see the introduction of the Githyanki & Slaads as a new mobs and therefore a potential story line, not only do they look great the back story also is good.
5. Improve character customization,I always wanted to play a hag and is it me or do half orcs look like care bears?

Wolfspite
11-03-2010, 03:51 AM
1) Introduce Mimics - at the start of every quest, there is a ~5% chance for each and every chest including the end chest to spawn as a mimic. All loot from such a chest is +1 above the loot table for said quest.

2) Ability to deconstruct craftable items.

3) Ability to design own DT armour, shapes, colours etc and NO poxy picnic hamper to lug around!

4) Sorcerer prestige classes, especially Red Dragon Disciple -

+1 nat armour at lvl 2, +2 nat armour increase at lvl 8, +3 nat armour increase at lvl 14
breath weapon at lvl 4 (2d8), at lvl 13 (4d8)
+2 str at lvl 6, +2 str at lvl 12 and +4 str at lvl 18.
+2 con at lvl 14
+2 int at lvl 16

Perma Wings at lvl 18/19 probs for show only.

+4 nat armour increase, immunity to paralysis, sleep and energy type breath weapon at lvl 20.

5) Druids

Senator
11-03-2010, 03:59 AM
1: Ranged elevation damage. If you are above the enemy you hurt more, but below them you do less damage.

2: More customisable armour. ie i want my Rogue to look dark & sinister.

3: The ability to smash a barrel or open a door without coming out of sneak! Like it used to be (maybe a rogue skill).

4: Stop enemy having endless supply of spell points & never needing to use a shrine to rest, like we need to.

and finally ......

5: Some RANGED LOVE :-)

cheever77
11-03-2010, 04:22 AM
1) Sorc PRE's
2) Customisable looks. e.g armour, shield, cloaks etc. Also colour changes/selections for FVS wings.
3) How about a Mass resist choice. A.k.a mass prot so you dont have to cast it like 4 times/person/quest.
4) Greensteel items/weapons to be deconstructable. Due to nerfs done some items have become near worthless.
5) GH to be made epic, all quests. Drop rates looked into for epics. Also look to end rewards for epics, I mean a level 10 item from a level 20 quest as end reward..??? Really

gott_ist_tot
11-03-2010, 04:31 AM
I'm afraid all we can hope for (next update being even-numbered) is some quests. Previous updates (hopefully) following a pattern, we can expect some level 15-ish goodness.

Having said that - points 1-3 exactly as MrCow's:

1) Gnomes
2) Druids
3) Fixing unarmed targetting

and

4) WF Scouts
5) Moar inventory management options! Small backpacks to hold weapons in stack of 10 each, portable wardrobe... Anything taht allows your toon to have more than 1-1.5 inventory tabs free! Just a potion/scroll case/belt would get me shut up about this. Well, this and and spell ingredients bag.

TheDearLeader
11-03-2010, 04:37 AM
More Cowbell.
Pew pew pew!
Epic Korthos
More Shavarrath goodness
Energy Substitution : Broccoli

nivarch
11-03-2010, 04:53 AM
1) FvS PrE
2) New level 18 content + raid, harder than shroud, easier than Amrath
3) New level 15 quest chain for leveling
4) Warchanter III
5) New level 10 f2p quest chain

JollySwagMan
11-03-2010, 05:39 AM
1. Accurate spell/ability descriptions
2. A cap to the size of the examination window. I've been experimenting with using the no-detail option, but lack of buff duration information makes this less useful.
3. High level content with more Dragons :)
4. Have Sap not break stealth.
5. Warforged/Half-Orc saddles for Halflings and Gnomes to ride around in. Optional Halflingapault option using an elastic band and the horns on Minos.*

*Dragon 294 p82

NaturalHazard
11-03-2010, 05:52 AM
Damn I have already used up my 5 wishes? And I forgot to wish for prob the most important thing for me. An npc who you can trade larges to for other larges, like 3- or even 10 larges for another large of your choice, then maybe I can get rid of those stacks and stacks of large bones and get some scales finally?

beats vendoring larges, which pretty much is the only value I have for 80% of the larges I pull out of shroud, and amarath, devils assualt elite.

mystafyi
11-03-2010, 06:03 AM
make 'some' attempt to fix existing bugs fgs
buy the half-blind half-elf artwork designer some new glasses
add PrE's for sorc and fvs
add customizable armor option
balance out some of the crappy weapons that never get used.

FluffyCalico
11-03-2010, 06:08 AM
For level 18-19 quests to not have xp you would expect from the harbor?

sirdanile
11-03-2010, 06:10 AM
1. Ranged Combat Love
2. Finish half elves...
3. Warforged Juggernaut Racial Pre
4. Other Barbarian Pres
5. Druids and other Pres :)

Otherworld
11-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Let's see:

1)Warchanter III
2)New bard music (I'd be happy with 1 new song, even if it's the song the bard trainers play)
3)lvl15 quests (guess this is coming) and a new raid (against an unusual enemy, eg not devils)
4)fix stuff (yeah)
5)sorc and fvs pre

For update 9 (which is another big update, I only want to customize armor and anything of the above you couldn't squeeze in update 8)

Schwarzie
11-03-2010, 06:16 AM
1. Fixing the Memory Leaks which causes crashes after changing toons without restarting the client.

2. Cleric Domains

3. More usefull Spells to make the more in Slots of a Wizard a worthwile advantage.

4. Greensteel deconstruction

5. DRAMATICALLY increased Droprates in Epic Quests. Only one finished epic Item after 100 Ev6, 100+ EV1, 30-40 EV2 and uncounted Desert Epics just plain sucks. I stopped running all Epics.

Munze_Konza
11-03-2010, 06:19 AM
1. Acrobat III line
2. The large two handed scythe as a weapon
3. A fix to ranged combat (not sure how to do it but it needs to be brought up a notch)
4. Ability to change appearance more and have boots/cloaks show up on your character
5. More sickles that are worthy to own

phalaeo
11-03-2010, 06:30 AM
1. Cleric Domains
2. Druids
3. Epic GH
4. Warpriest PrE
5. Radiant Servant III

Graebeerd
11-03-2010, 06:31 AM
1.) sorc and fvs PRE
2.) Level 15 quest line
3.) a new feat that allows 1 additional spell exchange every 3 days for sorc / fvs
4.) fix the stupid zone bug in the orchard / necro area
5.) more end game content

Moltier
11-03-2010, 06:32 AM
1. Spell component bag, scroll cases.
2. Druids
3. Gnomes
4. Pumpkin head helmet in the store (yes, this is very important! :D ), and/or finish helves, so they dont need to wear it.
5. More arrows when they drop. 20ish packs are useless in ddo.

Graebeerd
11-03-2010, 06:33 AM
For level 18-19 quests to not have xp you would expect from the harbor?

/this

Make IQ quests worth the time

Fafnir
11-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Level 17-20 quests and a L20 raid

Epic Gianthold

Creadance
11-03-2010, 06:50 AM
1) More 14-20 level quest
2) Better Crafting Ability
3) Another High Level Raid say 18-20 range
4) Range Combat Change
5) New Engine for the Game Itself, lets face it the current Engine has way to many restrictions and way outdated.

Mark_G
11-03-2010, 07:01 AM
In no particular order

1) Finish through tier III of existing prestige class lines.

2) Have AC occasionally matter without needing to have the monk x/whatever y with uber gear toon.

3) More 11-15 level quests...not necessarily chain quests.

4) Effort vs. payout for trap making to be more equitable

5) Scroll cases/ingredient bags

Please.

badbob117
11-03-2010, 07:13 AM
1. FVS prestiges
2. Epic overhauled. I want to see players wanting to run epics, not running from epics...
3. Customizable armor and dye
4. Make some kind of sword and board bonus/enhancements. Give us a reason to use a shield and one hander!
5. Random generated loot needs to be tweaked. need new stuff with new effects.

PNellesen
11-03-2010, 07:34 AM
In no particular order:

Some "Medium" or "Short" length quests at mid-high levels.
Ability to store plat in bank, without taking up an actual bank slot. It doesn't take up any slots in our inventory, so it shouldn't take up a slot in the bank either.
Make ranged combat somewhat more viable - doesn't have to be equal to melee, but needs to be a bit better than it is now.
Half-Elf Dilettante: Rogue should get "Disable Device" and "Pick Locks" as skill choices, but should be a "non-class" skill (my understanding is that all Dilettante:Rogue currently gives you is 1d6 SA)
Make the House K 75 favor bank slot free, just like the Coin Lords 75 favor backpack slot.

Canuckish
11-03-2010, 07:35 AM
All mine have already been said, but to cast my vote.

1. Sorc Pre (and FvS too, I just dont play one)
2. Epic GiantHold
3. Spell Component Bags
4. TR can enter Epic at 17 for good XP.
5. Quest XP overhaul, to many quests are not worth the time for casual players to play, this is just a waste. DDO is not supposed to be about grinding for XP...

Oh, and more Cowbell.

CherryHaze
11-03-2010, 07:42 AM
i dont want enything new, just FIX THE BUGS!!!!!!!!!

Hokonoso
11-03-2010, 07:42 AM
1. dungeon alert removal
2. dungeon alert removal
3. dungeon alert removal
4. dungeon alert removal
5. dungeon alert removal

r00k
11-03-2010, 07:48 AM
More dungeon alert with more careful pugs

Mabe rogue hirelings and I don't mean ones that go around attacking boxes instead of monsters.

BattleCircle
11-03-2010, 07:54 AM
In no particular order

Ability to change armor skins

Ability to bind to guild ship

Ingredient swap in meridia either 2 or 3 for 1

Greensteel deconstruction

New 18-20 quests/raid

Wren666
11-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Epic Levels, (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=283803) and
PvP Segregation by Level (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=283775)

Xeraphim
11-03-2010, 08:06 AM
/immortal on

The ability to kick an idiot out of my group inside an instance

FIX RAID LOOT - minimum 2 pieces in every instance, maximum of 10(if a Duo, guaranteed 1 piece each, if solo guaranteed 1 piece). Skunk Runs comprise over 15% of our raids anymore(or I have really REALLY bad luck).

Fix the 20th list: Needs to contain at least 20 items, not 10. 6 20th lists should mean that a fella gets his chattering ring, or that my Monk gets his Tharne's Goggles(Ninja Spy).

Sell +3 tomes to characters level 15 and above at a rate of 2000 Turbine Points each, or 10000 for a Supreme

Oh, and Epic Levels would be nice but I am not too concerned.

Qezuzu
11-03-2010, 08:17 AM
*Blindness movement bug completely fixed*

Deconstruction of Greensteel items for a portion of the mats, or ability to change its item (take a HP Cloak, take several energy cells, take base Helm, get HP Helm)

Ability to wear one armor for its stats and one armor for its looks. I'm getting Epic Vulkoorim Fighting leathers, they're powerful but damn fugly

Epic Scrolls non-ninjalootable

F2P quest chain at level 15-18

and if I may add:

Ability to make Male toons that look as good as females (is this just the game or just manly thoguhts?)

Xeraphim
11-03-2010, 08:17 AM
In no particular order

Ability to change armor skins

Ability to bind to guild ship

Ingredient swap in meridia either 2 or 3 for 1

Greensteel deconstruction

New 18-20 quests/raid

Actually, I like these ideas better

ilgriffo
11-03-2010, 08:48 AM
1 - Greensteel weapons/items Deconstruction
2 - Beeing able to see character info even if with 34 buffs on and/or without a 54'' monitor
3 - less lag
4 - Customizable armor appearance
5 - warpriest I, II and III enhancements

Sker-lyn
11-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Well, here is my list:

1. Ninja spy III (well-done, not like 'you must suck in front of this mob' like with ToD) and Radiant Servant III.

2. Add some things good from Lotro like outfits, dyes or skirmishes.

3. Bag of components.

4. Half-elf dilettante enhacements, cleric domains enhacements.

5. Druids.

I would love to see a fix to epic, to make it more interesting for players and make it some similar to end-game, like adding another difficulty, like casual epic... making de CR of mobs in the range of lvl 20 or so, with less epic token fragments and so.
Also I would like to see real high end quests, with a raid, with new monsters like a green dragon or another red dragon or a draco-lich.

Wurmheart
11-03-2010, 09:10 AM
1 - cleric domains (more cleric/fsv goodness :D) which also means more spells for them
2 - druid while you're at it, they share alot of spells anyway
3 - some new prestige classes (warpriest/shifter for example)
4 - Jester class or prestige, simply sounds nice to have something that can put trown weapons to full use.
5 - Kobolds as a race, mostly for fun :D

Nospheratus
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
1- Customize armor
2- Save UI elements positions on the client side, not server side
3- Level 21
4- Level 22
5- Level 23

salmag
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
1. GNOMES

2. Increase Range ROF (fix range combat)

3. Finish current PREs

4. Bring in Crafting Feats so wizards/clerics can make potions, wands, scrolls, etc.

5. DRUIDS

SilentSnake
11-03-2010, 09:18 AM
1 - Ranged combat improvements
2 - Customizeable armor skins
3 - Deepwood Sniper PrE
4 - Half-elf dilettante enhancements
5 - Half-elf & Half-Orc graphic and animations improvements

hermespan
11-03-2010, 09:43 AM
1. Half-elf not being Eberron's bottom of the barrel race. Finished maybe? If you have to pay for it make it worth while, at least on par with the other races. Human bonus feat or access to human enhancements would do it for me. Give us a reason to roll a half elf besides RP. After all it's hard to find a reason NOT to roll a half-orc, warforged, halfling, dwarf or human (for a given class where they are advantageous).

2. Spell component bags.

3. Require that pre-raids only need to be done once for permanent flagging. We already have 3 day raid timers. Is the extra time-sink really necessary? Pre raids get really old by the 15th time you've done them, especially VoN 5

4. Add power shards as drop loot that is possible in second part of shroud. Even if chance is less than first chest, it would be nice.

5. Druid.

skullzz
11-03-2010, 09:48 AM
1) Upgrade Servers to handle the influx of F2P players
2) Druids, Dragon-Disciple (sorc)
3) Ninja-Spy 3
4) Make xp worth the time (aka- Delera's Part 3, which is just as long if not longer then Part 2)
5) Named Loot drop more often (or by shortening raid timer)

Uska
11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
1. druids

2. at least one of the missing eberron races

3. shorter timers in quests like the lost tome bookcase and deleras room where you have to wait for door to open

4. put a green dragon in a quest

5. adjust TR xp slightly its just to high the second time.

Alabore
11-03-2010, 10:21 AM
2. A little artistic love for the poor ugly half-elves. It's distracting. I don't intend to play them, but if I'm PuGing and one jumps out at me suddenly, I might waste spellpoints on a fireball. :D

Eh... some resizing of half orcs wouldn't hurt either.
I was running TR the other day with a half orc barbarian, and in the fray, I kept targeting him, mistaking him for a monster...

:rolleyes:

But, really, these gents are right: I can see why people would pay for half orc.
But half elf...?

Chette
11-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Druids
Greensteel de-construct
3rd tier Prestige enhancement for Clerics (and Bards)
Sorcerer Prestige enhancements
Improve ranged combat damage and/or reduce feat requirements to be good at it

Vissarion
11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
1. Ninja Spy III
2. A true fix to the blindness bug (monsters that are already CCed move around like crazy when blinded)
3. High level quests
4. Customizable armor skins. Don't make me wear a hula skirt on my WF anymore or be part of the turquoise DT crowd anymore. Please.
5. Make Half-Elves scare children less.

AndyD47
11-03-2010, 11:01 AM
1.Druids
2.Domains for clerics
3.Sorc/FvS PrC (Sorcerers need one,and I'd like a FvS PrC just to be uber)
4.Kobold/Thri-Keen PCs (C'mon,you know you want to be a kobold bard)
5.Those changes to Icestorm I think,that made it into the new firewall basically.

Cr0wsbane
11-03-2010, 11:12 AM
My top 5 things I want to see:

1. New raid/story arc (would be awesome to get into the Lord of Blades conflict or more into the Quori conflict)
2. Gnomes!!! Lets get the last core race in here already!
3. Druids! To be able to get every core class in after all these years would be awesome, prob not gonna happen soon though.
4. Finish all of the Prestiges, por favor!
5. New armors for sure, armor crafting other than dragontouched maybe?

Khanyth
11-03-2010, 11:14 AM
1. Armor crafting customization
2. Epicification of GH and RR
3. Gnomes
4. Druids
5. Barb prestigue classes

hermespan
11-03-2010, 11:24 AM
5) ***A COMMAND BAR FOR SUMMONS*** (Please)

That's my current wishlist.

Didn't think of this! great idea! A dismiss on this command bar would be nice too.

TheSavage
11-03-2010, 12:06 PM
1) Potion/Scroll/Component Bags/cases etc

2) If you have every explorer area in a wilderness, the map is ALWAYS uncovered (fog, fine, but if you've explored the whole place, you shouldn't have to remove the black again.)

3) Re-work the Prestige Classes so instead of being an "Enhancement" it's actually "5 levels of cleric, 1 level of Radiant Servant". (I know, that's unlikely to happen, but that's the way it should have been implemented in the first place)

4) More actual crafting use for collectibles. The stuff you add @ the stone of change isn't overpowered by any means, why not expand on that? 10 Sweet Whitecaps + 5 Glittering dust = +1 light/fire/ice/etc. damage for example.

5) More quests. In particular more mid-level quests (12-17) but more all across the spectrum.

TigerGIJoe
11-03-2010, 12:10 PM
1)Minotaur playable race
2)Armor customization skins
3)Wepons Customization skins
4)Real epic item
5)Finish all prestige classes

Thrudh
11-03-2010, 12:16 PM
(1) Finish more (all?) PrEs
(2) High-level quests
(3) Appearance customization (seriously Turbine, you could make a fortune if we could change our armor skin in the store)
(4) A few more GOOD spells (situational is fine...)
(5) Druids I guess... :)

Kza
11-03-2010, 12:16 PM
1. Prestige lines completed to t3 (ok i dream :-)
2. Epic mode with less immunities.
3. +25% xp enabled at its start as in u7.
4. Continuation of new lvl 12 saga. Its really good imho, lovely feel being in an adventure and YOU are important, this questline are for me the best since game went ftp. (Red fens equal)
5. And as always: more lvl 15+ quests :-)

Jacoby
11-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Hard to top update 7 but here it goes...

1) Repeater's fixed.
2) Sorcerer, Cleric and Barbarian prestige classes
3) An updated winter (Christmas) festival. Halloween was awesome!
4) Epic Gianthold
5) Druids

ahpook
11-03-2010, 12:39 PM
I was just thinking the same thing this morning. So, here's how this works.

Post 5 (and only 5 - or less) things that you want to see added, or changed to DDO in update 8. Whatever.

These could be things you've dreamed up on your own, but feel free to reiterate things over people have already mentioned. They do not need to all be original ideas.

After a sufficient number of posts, I'll weed out duplicates, and post a succinct list of all the changes people want to see. In a new thread, everyone will get 5 (and only 5!) votes - we'll vote on the top 5 changes that everyone agrees are the most important things people want to see added to the game.

Not to **** on the parade or anything but the devs pattern is that even number updates are intended to be new quests and not system enhancement/changes. Your poll might be more relevant if it is changes for Update 9 rather than 8.

Barumar
11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
1) Widen the dang buff bar!

I forget how many show now, but it cuts off Haste (and Zeal/Divine Favor on my Pally) way too often! The Ship buffs, XP Pot, Jewel of Fortune all add to this.

I guess it is set to the width of the minimum monitor resolotion - and I feel REALLY bad for those players - but mine only go half-way across me screen!

Maybe an option to go wider, or to two lines?

Anyway, that is my number on request - as it comes up daily!

2) More high level content/raid - not just EPIC versions of low level content.

FYI Turbine, there are LOTS of F2P Players at 20 now - they would use (aka BUY :D) it too...

3) Sorc Prestige Classes - overdue and you know it.

4) Take away Half-Elves freakishly scary looking Halloween Masks!!!

5) fix the memory leak!

t0r012
11-03-2010, 01:18 PM
1. Greensteel energy reaches a critical mass and shorts out all greensteel beyond all base values and blows up the alters. yeah I know might as well wish the sun would rise in the west one day and I hold no hope of this ever happening , but we can dream can't we.

2. Kopeshes get the material component of bronze and break after 16 swings, losing all critical threat range. seriously though x2 crit on 19, x3 crit on 20. with keen 17&18 x2 crit and 19-20 x3 crit seems a reasonable change to me.

3. Sword and Board love (no suggestion how)

4. Ranged Love (higher RoF would do it)

5. Defense Love (when a large portion just plain give up on AC after half the possible levels it should tell you something is wrong/broken)

--------

sum up in one word "balance"

===
addendum
Monk wisdom AC bonus only when true centered not just defensively. just a pet peeve of mine, no logical reason just rubs me the wrong way.

fool101
11-03-2010, 01:40 PM
#1 level 15-20 quests
#2 Ranged combat love - I really want to play one but can't bare it atm
#3 spell component bags - great idea I saw earlier in this thread, never thought of it
#4 racial PREs
#4a fill out current PREs (both for classes without, and for classes with only partial levels)

not so major:
#5 tiefling/aasimar races

Cleanincubus
11-03-2010, 01:52 PM
1. Use Windows mouse cursor, rather than the default DDO one. That way we can actually set it to something we can actually see on the screen.

2. Gnomes

3. Ability to change the color of ALL text in chat windows (Example: Being able to have the color of "Say" and "Standard" different colors than white, so it stands out from the white chat of "General" chat).

4. More Free level 15+ quests or raid.

5. Fix all known issues, including server lag.

Requiro
11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
1. Command bar for summons

2. Familiars

3. Druids

4. Quest for 17+ levels (with Boss: Dragon)

5. Fix ALL bug... (It is dream... I know...:( )

Rockcrusher
11-03-2010, 03:41 PM
1) Some useful offensive or unique spellls for Bards.

2) Ranged combat - something as simple as x4 or x5 multiplier for crits.

3) PrEs finished

4) Bags for scrolls, components, etc.

5) Rework xp for all quests based on average time for completion (without optionals) from the actual server stats. Many fast-levelers only do quests based on xp/minute. Flatten/level it out and you'll see which quests people actually enjoy instead of which ones offer the best xp.
Some harbor quests are 1000 xp/minute while others at higher levels (when you need much more xp/level) are 50 xp per minute. The discrepancies are huge!

Dhanthael
11-04-2010, 06:11 PM
1. the possibility to change the look of our armor. u can buy a black ninja hat, so wheres the black ninja dress? or a black robe/coat whatever... or a chance to choose different colors for ur armor...

2. make the ranged battle more effective (more dps) or give a shorter cooldown for manyshot ;)

3. a new class (druids, witchblades, whatever...)

4. and 5. an.... The other ideas with GS stuff, Bags for components and better dropchance for craftingstuff...

Thornton
11-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Bah forget druids, and gnomes. We don't need gnomes in the least, nor do we really need druids. Why? Because gnomes are annoying and I swear if they were ever made they would sound more annoying as a monk than the halflings do. Druids b/c well there is not enough things a druid would actually go for in quests. Most quests break down into 'slaughter these fools' and the spell selection for divine casters blows hard enough.

Druids would pretty much be turned into subpar healers by time they hit shroud truth be told. Their 'wild shape' is not something that the devs can do correctly. No offense devs but it can't be done with out a lot of disapointment in player base. That and a huge lack in non-metal armor is a major draw back for any defense they might have.

Druids have always been a fun RP race, yet sadly even as an rp'er I can't put them any where in a major city like ebberon. Bring out War mages(best evocationists out there. sp of a sorc light armor prof. and various nuking spells.), Knights(most definitely best hate AND intimi tanks), and Duskblades(some of the best solo/veristle) instead of druids in my opinion.

now to my 5
1.) Visual customization for armor/clothing. and /showlayer (as most outfits are duo and trio layered of fabrics. They are awesome looking if you take away that ******** blue poncho.)

2.) Increase in monster attack speed, lessen damage slightly per hit by deflating over inflated str stat.

3.) Green steel deconstruction crafting. (lose shards and power cells keep 1/2-3/4 mats)

4.) Revamp sound track. CHANGE HALFLING MONK VOICES! so annoying. (or ban halflings from being monks...either will work but that voice has to go.)

5.) Remove annoying chimes/bells from shadow walk, mail boxes, and altars. And remove that blasted high pitched whistle in harbor.

I think the thread is to say what you would like to see in a future update. Not what you don't want others to get if they want it. I mean, you don't HAVE to play a Druid :rolleyes:

donfilibuster
11-04-2010, 07:06 PM
1. Argonessen of a different colors to give you touched armor other than blue.

2. Memory fixes so you can swap toons more times.

3. Add a cleric hireling that have harm and inflict lines.

4. Cover bonus. Helps with sword and board love, ranged love and flanking love.

5. Epic tor

toaf
11-04-2010, 07:08 PM
1. manyshot timer cut in half. (10 second cast with a 50 second cooldown)

2. Sorcerer prestige enhancement

3. The ability to drag my arrows from my equipped quiver to the hot bar so I can change arrow types on the fly

4. Customizable cosmetic changes to gear

5. The ability to share platinum via the shared bank.(guild also)

azrael4h
11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
1 - Half Elf enhancements finished out

2 - Level 15+ quest series, preferably going to at least 18 in the pack (not counting hard/elite modes). Raid would be a bonus.

3 - Ability to remove/change overlaying elements on armor, swap armor colors.

4 - Fix your darn pointers, people.

5 - New spells, specially divine but all casting classes need them.

ssgcmwatson
11-04-2010, 11:15 PM
1 - healbots that don't stand in traps trying to heal themselves

2 - categories in the ingredients bag (or at the very least up and down arrows)

3 - mat trade-in (either 3 for 1 of same size, or perhaps 10 for 1 upgrade size)

4 - flexibility on raid timers (I like the choose: 2.5 days or twice per week)

5 - some drow love, like being able to choose whether to put points in dex, int, or cha

Shaddox1
11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
1.Just a thought but it would be nice to be able to overwrite a geensteel enchantment. If you happen to have a GS item with an enchantment you dont need your stuck, cant sale it and you cant reenchant it. Basically you put allot of work into something that you need to scrap and it seems a bit of a waste.
2. More prestige options. I would like to see a prestige option that take more then one class to qualify for. For example the spellsword takes a few classes of mellee and a few from arcane caster to meet the prerequisites. Its already designed in the D&D books you just need to program it.
3. Would like to be able to organize spaces in my ingredient bags and collectables bag without having to pull everything out and restacking it in the order i want.
4. I would also like to see more of the base classes listed like duskblade from PH II.
5. If the lvl range isnt goin to go over 20 it would be cool if there were templates added to the game to allow for a simulation of lvl growth. Again something thats already in the books just need to add a program to it and not reinvent the wheeel like what was done with crafting on several levels.

icerevenant
11-05-2010, 10:56 AM
what i want in update 8

1. guild wars being held not only in brawling areas and old school pvp maps, think of some innovative ways to spice up pvp like for example having a guild war in explorer areas as well.
2. in game balance, casters always fart on melee types(sorry for the term but th truth is, melee types are always the pathetic one. One long ranged combo spells always kill these pathetic bastards)
3. more classes!! warlord, druid.....etc.
4. more useful paladin prestige enhancements............syberys presitige is cool, but the other two prestige might really nid some major modifications. ^_^
5. tactical feats( i will not elaborate dis, it will surely ring something to your head)

flynnjsw
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
what i want in update 8

1. guild wars being held not only in brawling areas and old school pvp maps, think of some innovative ways to spice up pvp like for example having a guild war in explorer areas as well.
2. in game balance, casters always fart on melee types(sorry for the term but th truth is, melee types are always the pathetic one. One long ranged combo spells always kill these pathetic bastards)
3. more classes!! warlord, druid.....etc.
4. more useful paladin prestige enhancements............syberys presitige is cool, but the other two prestige might really nid some major modifications. ^_^5. tactical feats( i will not elaborate dis, it will surely ring something to your head)

Just in red. I am not even going to get into the others except to say no thank you to 1 and 2. Anyway the Hunter of the dead PrE is outstanding while leveling, considering the number of undead you will face in places like Necropolis, and even still in Sands. The Knight of the Chalice PrE is the BEST choice for end game, as there are so many outsiders. They really do not need much more.

Odin's_Hugin
11-05-2010, 11:20 AM
1. AC fixes so that it matters.
2. Be able to change your Surname at TR or with DDO-Store item.
3. Customizable clothing.
4. All Pre's
5. High-Lv quests and map areas.

der_kluge
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
WHEW!

Ok, That's enough! :)

I've tabulated these votes, and will be starting a new thread shortly.

Thank you for the responses.

Pape_27
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
1. Sortable Ingredient Bags - add an up/down arrow like quiver or have each ingredient placed in its own section, ala the collectible bags

2. Reworking of the Dungeon Allert System - If the devs want to keep it in fine, but really, when a small group of enemies is surrounded by a party, they arent immediatly harried and unable to fight back. Why should we be? When I used to fall at the lag jump on the way to VoD, it was never a problem - pop an invisi pot and work my way back up - now, its almost instant death to fall.

3. Adding a Plat Line to the Shared Bank Account - no more annoying multiple mailings to share pp between toons.

4. Scaled Drop rate for Rare Loot (yes I want those Firestorm Greaves and the Eardweller). 1-20 farming runs? no change; 21-40 runs - a .5% increase; 41-60 runs - a stacking .5% increase; 61-80 - a stacking 1% increase; 81-100+ farming runs - another 1%; If the average drop is 3%, this would bump it up to a total of a 6% chance. If you happen to get what you are after, the counter automatically drops back to a norm percentage.

5. Ugrading of reward loot for epics. i mean really, I complete an epic quest and I get to choose from a +2 Small Wooden Shield of Devotion I or a +3 Heavy Mace? w t f is that all about....

_

Ruphus
11-05-2010, 07:26 PM
1. A new/alternative starter area for levels 1-6 that is not Korthos/Harbor, but does not replace Korthos/Harbor

2. More raids for all levels 5-20.

3. Item Creation similar to PnP, but restricted to Wands, Potions, Scrolls and other "charged" items

4. Better rewards from raids, that do not include significantly more powerful items, stuff like bigger/different bags, items that are meant to only be used as a clicky. Stuff like, say, a 5 charge/day Shield click CL 15, or 3/day Greater Heroism CL 10, basically effects people would generally want, and not change the power level of characters to much, maybe replace the need to carry endless potions, numerous low level clicky items.

5. Less Lag and Less Bugs!

grodon9999
11-05-2010, 09:00 PM
1. Ranged needs some love. Bunch of good suggestions have been posted all over the place.
2. Epic is currently the "special Olympics" of DDO, needs to be less ********. Just scrap the whole concept and start over without the blanket immunities, thousands of HP, and all the other stupidity.
3. More level +15 content for TRs and other stuff.
4. Tempest III needs something.
5. Racial weapon Enhancements should be upped to +4 to-hit/damage and the AP cost dropped significantly to give more options besides Khopesh.

BravoCharlie
11-05-2010, 09:10 PM
1. Druids
2. Bard instruments found in chests with random, level appropriate effects.
3. Shroud deconstruction
4. Epic Gianthold
5. Finish more prestiges

awang20
11-06-2010, 02:19 AM
1) The ability for bards to play different instruments (and I mean play...I wanna show of my snazzy compositions)
2) A sorcerer PrE...my sorc. feels left out.
3) Druids (meh, I don't care that much, but peer pressure!)
4) Improved party interface, so I can see levels, class make-up, and buffs without having to individually examine everyone.
5) Create a middle ground for useful AC so this game isn't so centered around dps.

VonBek
11-06-2010, 04:17 AM
Address memory leak.
Warforged: Juggernaut; Mk II Light Chassis Model (for Rangers, Rogues, Scouts); Artificers; & showdocent /off command.
Work up, connect, and develop more geographic areas around Stormreach. Add towns, outposts, etc... in a way that gives a sense of a larger world.
Permanent Familiars, with a suitable command bar.
The ability to disassemble/reassemble loot table generated items to create "BTA"/"BTC" gear that combines player selected and desired properties and aesthetics.

Jacoboon
11-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Update 8 needs to be RP update.

Customizable armor
Macro UI
Improve voice chat quality
More crafting would be cool
Permadeath characters and other things that make DDO less like other MMORPGs and more like DnD.

hero1994
11-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Cape/cloak effects would be cool especially as a opional like helmets

Rickpa
11-06-2010, 11:52 AM
1. Decent armor class for sword and board players.
2. Prestige enhancements for Sorcerers.
3. Platinum in shared bank.
4. Spell component bags.
5. Cosmetic armor.

painindaguild
11-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Here's my list:

1 SMARTER AI (seriously, wich mob likes it to keep standing in a fw???)
2 fixed ranged combat, how do u shoot while running backwards in circles???
3 either more high level content or epics fixed (make all classes count and make it less of hold/stun and beat fest and yes that means smarter AI)
4 even BETTER AI
5 half elf could use some boost to usefullness.

todwag
11-06-2010, 12:42 PM
1) Make AC meaningful. Maybe a revamp thru DR.
2) Make range combat at least as good as sword and board.
3) Skinable armor, sheilds, helmets and weapons.
4) All classes need worthwhile PREs.
5) A bag for spell components.

Dylvish
11-06-2010, 12:54 PM
1) Make medium / heavy armor be useful past level 12.
2) Make shields useful past level 12.
3) Druids
4) Fix Half Elves
5) Make a pass at ranged combat.

Wren666
11-06-2010, 02:14 PM
I'd give anything to see that:

Update 8 is the last update to Eberron Unlimited, after which this game is locked from any more updates save bug fixes.
DDO II is introduced, based in Faerûn, and with
better P&P compliance, including proper Prestige Classes,
better (or less forgettable in any case) lore and storytelling,
less grinding and repetition of the same content over and over.

if Turbine are to maintain a realistic chance in the coming years against Cataclysm, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, etcetera.

DannyYea
11-06-2010, 02:38 PM
1. More prestige:
1a. Red Dragon Disciple
1b. Arcane Scholar of Candlekeep
1c. Blackguard
1d. Champion of Torm
(Yep total NWN1/2 rip off but there good)

2. Druids

3. Evil alignment

4. Tiefling/Aasimar/Yuan-ti (Rather the first 2)

5. Double Axe/Sword

6. New Hairstyles (Seriously!!!!!!!!!)

I did 6 cause im hardcore

Starlytes
11-06-2010, 02:45 PM
dont have time right now to read the whole post but ... not sure if this was mentioned already.......

Please Please PLEASE ... remove the bats animation from the New cloaks .. the game has enough lag already !!!!!

That is all :D

Falith12
11-06-2010, 02:47 PM
1. Druid
2. Warpriest Prestige for Clerics
3.Druid
4. Warpriest Prestige for Clerics
5. Druid

Zadkiele
11-06-2010, 02:51 PM

OK, I havn't looked at anything else posted in this thread, to try and not be affected by other people's ideas:

1) Lotro-style freestyle/ABC music system
2) Community content submission system
3) Epic GH
4) A new high-level (16-18ish) adventure pack
5) Ability to change player voice volumes independent of each other

Zad

Niab
11-06-2010, 05:12 PM
1 Choose ALL option for house P buffs (house J too)
Or at least a toggle for choices then purchase.

2 More useful create undead spell so they dont break in 30 seconds

3 Control UI for pets / summons

4 More hair styles

5 More armor styles (Oriental , Huns , Roman , etc )

pharky
11-06-2010, 05:29 PM
there are only 2-3 changes i want to see!
ability to breakdown greensteel to blanks regardless of whether you get yr ingredients
ability to clear augmented slots for epic items even if it were to charge 5-10tokens for cleaning the item

and lastly

more ranged focus sets

oh wait, 1 more to add.
buying interface of items needs to allow entering of numbers. clicking 100 times to buy a scroll or arcane/divine ingredients is annoying

Schwarzie
11-06-2010, 07:13 PM
there are only 2-3 changes i want to see!
ability to breakdown greensteel to blanks regardless of whether you get yr ingredients
ability to clear augmented slots for epic items even if it were to charge 5-10tokens for cleaning the itemThat is AFAIK already possible 3 Tokens to clear out a Slot.

buying interface of items needs to allow entering of numbers. clicking 100 times to buy a scroll or arcane/divine ingredients is annoyingCTRL+Leftclick should give you what you desire.

urusaikuneyaro
11-06-2010, 09:10 PM
1. Deconstruct GS items.
2. Customisable armour.
3. Racial and class Pre Tiers.
4. Make ToD rings more balanced.
5. Turn drow in regular 28 pt build.

pharky
11-07-2010, 01:13 AM
wow, thanks for the info, i didnt know that, everywhere else says that slots are permanent used. at least now ill be able to craft my armor without fear that i will want other things in that slot

nightlinus
11-07-2010, 07:32 AM
1. Customizable dragon touched armor (i wish so the design will depend on its properties)
2. Epic GH
3. PrE bug fixes
4. Spell component bags
5. Shroud deconstruction

sweez
11-07-2010, 07:57 AM
1. fix stuff that is broken
2. ???
3. profit

Darkhammer666
11-07-2010, 07:57 AM
1) fix ranged attack speed
2) a way to flag one of your bags to hold weapons and only weapons (best would be flag weapons to just go in a specific bag, just dont like the chaos in my bags while carrying around loads of diffrent weapons)
3) fix aggro for ranged combat
4) intimidate doesnt seem to work very well atm... seen suulomades turn around several times right after the tank hit intim
5) dyable armors

johnyBgood
11-07-2010, 08:40 AM
1.100%returning bolts ( like the arcanes get...for repeaters users)
2 ranged Love
3.spell component bags
4. unbinding and deconstruction altar..
5. more ranged love

Monroid
11-07-2010, 09:25 AM
1. Soundburst working as a positional spell again

2. Soundburst working as a positional spell again

3. Soundburst working as a positional spell again

4. Soundburst working as a positional spell again

5. Gnomes

Raodin-bel-iori
11-07-2010, 01:36 PM
1. Introduce grapples and bull rush to the game. Minotaurs already can do bull rush so it shouldn't be hard. Grapples will add a whole new fighting dynamic to the game.

2. Reach weapons / pole arms

3. Fix drow so that they're a competitive race again. Especially their natural spell resistance which is all but useless at higher levels.

4. Separate leg armor from boots and armor. Yayyyy magic pants.

5. Make monk combos easier to use by adding a clikie that would automatically make the next hit after your 3rd combo attack your finisher. It would be optional since it is an activated clikie like slow fall.

Ralos
11-07-2010, 02:23 PM
redesign the breastplate, seriously the current design is this

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z167/TheCataclysm/DDOitemviews/MithrilBreastplateoftheElements.jpg?1289134555

while the original art in the players handbook looks like this

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3103/breastplate.png

now tell me what looks the best?

Seriously I know it´s called a breastplate, but ya can add small bits of armour on other spots of the body, like the art does.

oh and add double weapons

Qezuzu
11-07-2010, 03:01 PM
There are many different skins for Breastplates.

Here's a pretty cool one:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2qi1z4h.png

Monroid
11-07-2010, 03:19 PM

When I had that kind of armor on my rogue, people called me "red ranger"

Ralos
11-07-2010, 03:38 PM

true, but that still doesn´t exuse by the basic off the shelf breastplate looks so bloody goofy.

Just add armour over the whole torso and slap on some leg guards and it looks 10 times better.

newroticslob
11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
1) visible countdown on negative levels

2) fix memory leak after relogging w/ another toon

3) and what everybody else has said :)

SirTeo
11-07-2010, 04:02 PM
1. More high level content, for instance lvl 18-ich.. A place simular to Amrath, in quest level that will be.

2. Would love to see a new high level raid, 17-20. Epics are fun, but I would appricaite something simular to sub t raids or TOD, etc etc.

ya, to sum up, more high lvl content.

Sir_Noob
11-07-2010, 05:11 PM
1) The ability to place the arrows from my equipped quiver to the hotbar so I can change them on the fly during an adventure.
2) tomes of choose a bonus feat to drop in chests.
3) more random changes in adventures each update. (new traps that were not there before etc)(New wandering monsters etc.)
4) spell component bags
5) more facial options for toons in the creation stage

Thame
11-07-2010, 05:29 PM
1) GREENSTEEL DECONSTRUCTION
2) Mobs AI that causes them to spin in circles around you while fighting. OMG that is so frikin annoying.
3) Hireling cleric AI that causes them to stand right on top of you instead of a distance behind. Its great to see your hireling become sausage from 4 orthons cleaving into it.
4) Whatever bug causes no hit/misses while mobs are doing actions/animations.
5) GREENSTEEL DECONSTRUCTION (JIC it hasnt been mentioned yet):D

FengXian
11-07-2010, 05:37 PM
1) Complete existing PrE's and update related items (ToD rings)
2) Ranged combat love
3) Epic Gianthold
4) Tieflings! :D
5) Complete Droaam items (fusible, battle-scarred etc.)

Bodic
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
1. PrE's
2. complete HE
3. GH/Titan Epic
4. more 16+ content
5. RadII fix

redraider
11-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Lvl 16 Quests
Lvl 17 Quests
Lvl 18 Quests
Lvl 19 Quests
Lvl 20 Quests
Finish PRE's for existing races and classes
Fix the known buds

tjaysteno
11-07-2010, 07:39 PM
1. Fix arcane archer PrE
2. Fix ranged combat in general
3. Give us better bows
4. Give bows better attack speed
5. Make at least one imbue arrow enhancement able to debuff raid bosses

(Can anyone guess what class I play? :))

TheHolyDarkness
11-07-2010, 08:07 PM
1. New high level content, containing a new raid complete with flagging quests.

*2.* GREENSTEEL deconstruction mechanics involved in said high level content. True, if you make a mistake on a greensteel, you should be punished for it. It should require a convoluted high level raid complete with convoluted flagging requirements before you can even think of the option of deconstructing. Within this raid, you must grind "deconstruction" energy cells/shards/whatever, specific for removing "Opposition" or "Earth" and what have you at "Alters of Oblivion/Ruin/Futility/Vain/Null/(Whatever pick a name)".

Different tiers of these materials equates to different levels of deconstructing, so naturally you'll have to do it in order (ie, you can't deconstruct a Great Commander until you remove its Supreme Tyrant Upgrade first, and only then can you remove its lieutenant upgrade, before you are finally, ultimately allowed to completely shatter it back into its blank components). As one more optional hitch to the difficulty, these deconstruction materials BtA on acquire. As a secondary hitch, perhaps you should only be able to go so far as to recover your manufactured ingredients.

After several days of grind (faster than the original grind of building a greensteel, though a grind nonetheless), the final process should return most if not all of your manufactured ingredients sans the Shard/Signet Stone. To fully deconstruct manufactured back into raw ingredients can require yet another convoluted step, if not exclusive and relatively expensive DDOStore items, at which point, only 25-75% of the raw is randomly returned (again, if the option to recover raws is even permissible).

The main incentive for Turbine behind allowing deconstruction isn't about people being able to easily correct their mistakes. This would greatly cheapen the accomplishment of Greensteel. On the contrary, its about enabling people to feel more comfortable about TRing.

---
My Personal Example $$$

I have a Sorc. She will forever remain a Sorc despite the occasional thoughts of TRing her into a wizard. Why? Too much prior greensteel investment.

I have an Exploiter Ranger. Dex based with Weapon Finesse. I love it! In fact I think I might want to TR her twice for the attribute points of a 36 point build. Only one issue; for her second life, I'd like to try something else so I can acquire a different passive on her third life. Maybe a str based fighter build or a pure monk or something.

Oh wait. That's right. That might require Khorpeshs, and she's already committed to two Lit II Rapiers and a Heighten Awareness Pick. I can't TR into a Khorpesh user now, what she already has took months of investment! Nevermind. And to think of the money I could've spent in the DDOStore as a TR, if only all that investment was more flexible when it came towards starting a new life. Would've bought her experience pots, Supreme Tomes and everything. ::sheds a single tear::

Oh well. Can't complain about money not spent. $$$

---

I don't want deconstruction to be easy. Not in the slightest. I'm not asking for a magic "Super Deconstruction Pot Quick and Easy" in the DDOStore as a solution here. If you took an "Positive Dominion Material" upgrade at some tier of your item, it should take a "Positive Dominion Material" recipe to downgrade the thing specifically for that tier. But the reward should give us our ingredients back in a *more time efficient manner* than simply farming a new greensteel from scratch (as constructing greensteel takes months on average, reversal should merely take weeks). Once again, I want to reemphasize that perhaps you can only go so far as recovering manufactured ingredients, with raws requiring a whole new hill of beans to be introduced later on if people continue to demand full and complete deconstruction.

At any rate, this way capped toons can feel that they have more freedom when it comes to TRing. Not to mention we can ultimately repurpose our true mistakes. Still, the chance to redeem mistakes is a minor side effect for me. Its not about giving us the option to avoid the consequences of a blunder, its about making our time investment in the Shroud more flexible.

With deconstruction will come greater incentive to TR. Expect greater sales on the True Heart of Wood, Experience Potions, Supreme Tomes, Premium Races, and low level Adventure Packs as a consequence.

3. Uh...new aesthetic options I guess? Oh yeah. I guess something other than deconstruction mats should be a draw of this raid while we're at it. We want people to do it even if they're perfectly satisfied with their greensteel, now do we?

4. Finish the fugly Half-Elves already.

5. Sorc and FvS PrE. Right now, the balance of casters is too biased towards Wizard and Cleric. Hell, I would've already TR'd into a Wizard if only, you know, what good would an exceptional charisma greensteel rapier do me once that wizard hit 12? Oh yeah, speaking of casters, COMPONENT BAGS!

~TheHolyDarkness Out~

ssgcmwatson
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
5. Make at least one imbue arrow enhancement able to debuff raid bosses

Back in my PnP days, we got sick of enemy casters saving against "Silence, 15' radius"... so I had the wiz cast it on my arrow (which didn't have much of a saving throw) and then shot the bugger.

The DM let us get away with it the first time, and then very quickly the silenced arrows were ricocheting off the protection from normal missiles shield :)

#2 in "10 Business Lessons I Learned from Playing Dungeons & Dragons" http://www.javaworld.com/community/node/3156

Phemt81
11-07-2010, 11:28 PM
First thing to say is that developers must be really extraordinary people cause they actually take in considerations our requests and try to make the best happen :)

Things would like to see in next update:

1) Druids.

2) Psionics.

3) A new inventory option that like weapon sets allows us to change equipment with
one click but involves All the items, armor, gloves etc. This way we could have
different equipment sets ready for several purposes.

4) One free quest per place. At least one, for all places in the game, included
delera, necropolis and all the others. This way, players could have a better idea
on which adventure pack buy for first (when not vips :D)

5) Adjust some quest level:

Proof is in the poison can't be of 4th level(way too hard!), assign it a 5 or even a 6 to normal
and so on (7 for hard, 8 for elite)

Same for Taming the flames, give it a +2 to quest level or make it easier (no
infinite spawn?)

Cerullean hills should give full xp until 5 or 6 level, cause when you finish
Korthos and arrive to stormreach you easily will be (almost) third level. This way
you get less fun from doing cerullean(less "time" to play it).

I thought someone asked for opportunity attacks, gotta be dreaming, a bad bad dream if that happens! :D

Tom_Hunters
11-08-2010, 12:01 AM
1. Sorc and FvS preE

2. Druids.

3. Plz fix the arrow loading problem when I switch from arrows to bolts and back and forth. (The arrows/bolts are taken out of quiver and then failed to be recollected, occupying space and giving me message "out of ammos" even if there are."

4. Memory leak

5. Revise some of the older preE (like Pally)

6. Ranged combat or ranger class.

Alabore
11-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Cerulean hills should give full xp until 5 or 6 level, cause when you finish Korthos and arrive to stormreach you easily will be (almost) third level. This way
you get less fun from doing cerulean(less "time" to play it).

^
This.
Quests in Cerulean hills are over lvl 4, when you factor elite in.
Also, please consider raising the slayer cap to 750 - named encounters are elusive enough and it's not unheard of hitting 400 kills well before clearing all rares.

:)

Blackfire1
11-08-2010, 04:22 AM
1. Tieflings
2. Range combat to be more viable.
3. Duelist, Arcane trickster, Blackguard(Evil Paladin)
4. Archmage's Mastery of Elements
The archmage can alter an arcane spell when cast so that it utilizes a different element from the one it normally uses. This ability can only alter a spell with the acid, cold, fire, electricity, or sonic descriptor.
5. Make Zen Archery change the stat requirements for all archery feats.

frznvimes
11-08-2010, 04:57 AM
1) wild mage - (my personal favorite thing in all of dnd) - and a PrE for sorcs and fvs
2)hireling improvements:
toggle melee combat on/off - Yes, attack the enemies that are hitting you at melee range instead of just standing there. No, don't go running through a trap so you can attack an earth elemental with your short sword.
toggle offensive casting on/off - Yes, use spells on the incorporeal monster. No, don't spam command on trash mobs that can be killed in one hit, or sound burst on high fort save enemies.
port to me command - because it really sucks trying to navigate your hirelings across hazards or making them avoid easy traps.
distance choice - stay with in 1/10/20 yards of me or your current location (when hold command is used).
3) ranged combat needs improvement
4) adjustments for current PrEs (deepwood sniper, pm summons & wraith form, mechanic, and so on)

edit: and give hirelings glass weapons!

Stealthdog
11-08-2010, 05:05 AM
1) Druids
2) Cleric domains
3) Closer balance to quests by level - I think someone showed the stat that Levels 13-16 is were the biggest gap is
4) Complete the prestige lines that were started
5) A lowbie raid (level 2-5) that teaches crafting to newbies

GregorianPL
11-08-2010, 05:22 AM
1.New Free Race Gnome
2.New Greensteel Armors,Shields and Deconstruction
3.More Quests for Level 15-19 it is hard to get high lvl after few TRs
4.More Rituals on bound weapons for for each item is not much
5.Repair all bugs specially memory leak

lopkon
11-10-2010, 05:20 AM
1. Finish started Prestiges
2. More Trap Parts
3. A maximum for Wis-based AC, for not fullclass monks (hate me, but I see way too many monk splashes out there)
4. A new challenging high level adventure area (a place where we can have all this introduced uber gear, but it still will be challenging and won't work without teamwork)
5. Monsters need sight checks to detect rangers (I wont ask for more damage, but sniping would be at least a good use for ranged combat then)

BLU3_FR0G
11-10-2010, 05:41 AM
1) The Rakshsa availble for a race!

2) Rakshasa monk's have different and cool unarmed animations! Hooray tiger style fighting
!
3)Ninja Spy tier 3

4)A re-make of the slopply thrown together H-elf

5)Rakshasa! go tiger monk!

SiliconShadow
11-10-2010, 06:02 AM
After the last few weeks I have a revised list enhanced by priority

1) Complete and balance all PREs for all current classes before adding more to the game
2) Create a balance of weapon types that drop ingame ie. Charged gauntlets are only for Mellee players, there is nothing as powerful for ranged players, casters do get this from the red fens sets, Mechanics and Ranged characters of all ilks are left out of this
3) A method of promoting resting in real life, the game at the moment rewards prolonged play which is bad for the health and against US and EU guidelines and I have seen no visible warnings to this effect
4) Complete all crafting recipes epic and non epic and add some lower level combinations into the mix
5) Fix all outstanding bugs and issues

shagath
11-10-2010, 06:11 AM
1. Sorcerer prestiges
2. More high level quests
3. Armor customization
4. Druids

To original post, I don't think voting for what to update/add will ever be in effect. :)

Aralorne
11-10-2010, 06:49 AM
In no particular order of significance,the things I'd like to see changed/and or improved on...

1) Be able to customize appearance...clothing,weapons,armor
2) Ranged combat love (a reduced Manyshot cool down would be great!)
3) Fix recall so you get sent to Meridia instead of Vale
4) Ability to deconstruct/reconstruct green steel items
5) Make Gianthold epic,with epic versions of dragon scale armor!

aje
11-10-2010, 07:56 AM
1. The Ability to kick zergers mid-dungeon.
2. Sorceror Prestiges
3. Level 20-25 added with a demi-god quest chain.
4. Ability for guild master to see everyones contribution and base guild ranks on that.
5. Tieflings and Aasimar player races (Half-Demons and Half-Celestials).

JustaGamer2
11-10-2010, 08:11 AM
1. Sorcerer prestige enhancement
2. Double trap parts scavenged by Mechanic I, triple trap parts scavenged by Mechanic II
3. Mechanic III
4. Thief Acrobat III
5. Rogue bonus feat that allows part of sneak attack damage to count against undead and one that does the same for constructs.

I like rogues...

Was playing with someone last night "ingame" and they said they have a rogue with 1 level caster and use summon monster, while the "monster" is engaged with the undead, they are granted the sneak attack damage .... never tried it however found it kind of strange that was they only way they could achieve it ...

Oh and my 5 things.

1. Druids
2. Gnomes (OMG he's sooo tiny, just like a baby)
3. Bank slots and / or shared bank with a "plats" banking area "God knows how much I like spending money"
4. Definitely "clothing" and a "display" area different than the "equipment" screen for that "awsome" look.
5. Fixes and "new" content, I can see how "Players" can get bored easy with the same old grind, but then again not all of us are beta players or 3 year players with time on our hands... however new content and eye candy always brings a crowd. ;)

Drona
11-10-2010, 09:31 AM
1) Druids
2) More pure-barb enhancements/capstones to make them ultimate DPS - i hate fighter/barb/rogue build to be the best - so unreal
3) Customize our armor and looks
4) High level arcane spells.
5) More quests - especially in vale and amrath ( i m loving this area!!), Droam storyline.
5a) More Drow enhancements - still dunno why they are costly than my WF.

thnx
Drona

yohoia
11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
1. Add *something* to fix to ranged combat. Maybe increased rate of fire, or increased crit-modifiers. (really important)
2. Improve half-elves, both mechanically and aesthetically.
3. Add the ability to dye your armor and robes
4. Add druids as a new playable class.
5. Add a full line of sorcerer and Favored Soul prestige enhancements.

Chaspar
11-12-2010, 12:21 AM
1. Druids
2. Gnomes with intelligence buff
3. Evil alignment
4. lycanthropy and vampirism availible after TR
5. minotaurs as playable race.

Chaspar
11-12-2010, 12:26 AM
1. blackguard, dwarven defender, and druid classes
2. Gnomes with intelligence buff
3. Evil alignment
4. lycanthropy and vampirism availible after TR
5. minotaurs with strength and constitution buffs as playable race.

Thorzian
11-12-2010, 12:43 AM
1. finish pre's... all classes, 3 pre's each to tier III
2. gianthold epic
3. more options for epic items or even crafting. where's vertigo, stunning, and the like on the epic stuff?
4. plat in the shared bank
5. more ranged combat love. make the dps on par to a 2 hander or dual wielder

nucphyschem
11-17-2010, 05:57 PM
5. Make an endgame system similar to WoW in which endgame gear is bought with tokens from defeating bosses at endgame content, instead of forcing grinding.

If you want a system like that it exists like you said and go back to WoW. WoW is nothing more than a hack 'n' slash noob feast. DDO actually requires to think and act in combat. I for one don't want this to turn into another WoW.

Wren666
11-18-2010, 11:34 AM
DDO actually requires to think and act in combat.cool story.

Phemt81
11-18-2010, 07:27 PM
DDO actually requires to think and act in combat.

Agreed.

Especially on elite, where if you zerg, you die.

xxHazexx
11-18-2010, 10:00 PM
1). Visible Quivers
2). More detailed customization options.
3). More end-game quests (20+)-non epic
4). Lvl cap increase
5). Prestige addition and Prestige fixes.

Pingshot
11-20-2010, 04:43 AM
1. Two (or more) lines of buffs instead of one
2. Clerical domains
3. More temples as targets of Word of Recall
4. Highlighting of mark of currently selected teammate at minimap
5. Customizable combat chat output

stretchcore
11-20-2010, 05:05 AM
1. Remove pvp
2. Remove bugs
3. Remove lag
4. Get the people I used to play with before the banhammer back.
5. Remove power creep

Yes, I'm cranky. Ah well, back to Planescape Torment :p

Robai
11-20-2010, 06:26 AM
1) Show how many times and on what difficulties you've done the quest (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3193404)

2) Add Bags for potions.

3) Add random traps.
I mean true randomness, not just 3 places for the same trap, i.e. traps should be able to be almost anywhere (at least on Elite) and the number and the type of traps should be also random.
And don't make Rogue hirelings good at that - they should be only average Rogues.

4) Ability to remove zergers from quest (if all others vote yes - at least 4 must vote) this way:
- zerger is removed from party
- for zerger nothing happens, just everyone disappears (as if everybody recalled and left party)

5) Make it possible to do the Chain of quests without XP penalty (or split the chain into several independent chains).
For example, Sorrowdusk Isle (http://ddowiki.com/page/Sorrowdusk_Isle) has the chain of level 6-10 quests.
If you are level 7 you get no XP penalty, but lvl 10 quest is too hard for you, so you won't be able to solo the chain (without a very slow and pointless hard work). It is very hard to find exactly lvl 7 group for this chain (7 is the only level which gives no penalties if everything you do on Normal).
I tried to workaround this way:
- do only 6-7 lvl part (Grey Moon Waning) on Normal
- then abandon it and later repeat it on Hard
but I couldn't do that, because it was the first time of that story line and it didn't let me to abandon it.
For example, Sorrowdusk Isle (http://ddowiki.com/page/Sorrowdusk_Isle) should be lvl 8-10 quests chain (or 7-9, etc.).

rtgr10
11-26-2010, 08:21 AM
1) Druid class
2) FVS & Sorcerer PrE
3) Epic Gianthold
4) Battlemage & Blattlecleric class
5) More spells

RTGR

Phemt81
11-26-2010, 08:34 AM
4) Battlemage & Blattlecleric class

Pointless, in my opinion.
If you want to cast and fight pick a bard. If you don' t like bards, you can multiclass.
There is really no need to create n easy button to multiclass, and it won' t be done.

Ziindarax
11-26-2010, 09:49 AM
The changes I desire the most:

1. Armor dyes - the new armor skins just don't cut it in my opinion, and being able to dye the armor however you please would make things more interesting.

2. Expand the level cap to level 30. (next update could include epic classes/epic prestiges... just as PnP does)

3. The ability to toggle cloaks, which becomes visually noticeable (this is something that probably won't happen until several updates after Update 8, but it's nice to wish).

4. Containers for potions, scrolls, and ingredients.

aurum1
11-30-2010, 04:33 PM
1) Epic shard vendor. 20 epic raid tokens = shard of your choice.
2) Another high level raid (and no epic version of lvl 6 raid does not count)

PopeJual
11-30-2010, 04:35 PM
1) fixed memory leak
2) fixed crashing while zoning into instance
3) fixed memory leak
4) banks as quick logout areas as taverns currently are
5) fixed memory leak

tharilis
12-01-2010, 01:40 AM
In no particular order:

More PRE's and more ranks for the existing ones!

More teleporty goodness! more targets for both Teleport and Word of Recall (also, making somewhere like the portable hole for divine casters and accessible only through Word of Recall.)

Customizable armor/equipment looks. At a minimum, be able to use the look of another item you have rather than the one you're equipping purely for its stats.

Cleric Domains would be awesome, and more spells for every spellcasting class would be grand.

and last but definately not least: Make enemies smarter! As much as I enjoy being able to pull melee mobs back and forth through blade barriers and fire walls, if its supposed to have a reasonable intelligence it should probably realize that it should try to avoid them, especially after getting hit by it once. Maybe make it so intimidate will still pull them through it, so it at least requires some skill and/or teamwork.

KajaGrae
12-01-2010, 05:28 PM
1.) Druid
2.) New weapons (polearms, Mattock, sling, spiked chain, flail)
3.) Crafting Feats, Crafting Feats, Crafting Feats
4.) More Prestiege Enhancements (Sor and FvS should get a priority rush)
5.) Widen Spell

Ziindarax
12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I've got 2 more (I only listed 3 last time) that I'd like to see implemented:

1. Multi-class prestige and capstones.

2. Paladins get more love on the feats end (they should get more bonus feats like some of the other classes do).

Kourier
12-01-2010, 05:50 PM
1) Rework of epic for consistent (Don't care about any grind, want consistent) results.
2) REAL armor customization as others have said
3) Make paladin prestige classes less specialized (Tank, damage against all evil, support that isn't shoehorned into undead bits)
4) Add other prestige classes or finish them.
5) Streamline item enhancements (Cripping of slowburst? Really?). You can probably tell what players actually think is useful. (Ex: Hmm, Thundering or Maiming? Don't they do the exact same thing?)

Kaiserkreuz
12-02-2010, 12:45 AM
1) Atleast add a Prestige Class on every update specially the racial ones.

2) Since Paladins don't gain their special mounts here atleast give them their Charging Smite. It is written on 3.5 Player's Handbook 2 that Paladins could exchange their Special Mounts for Charging Smite.

Charging Smite: At 5th level if you smite evil on a charging attack, you deal extra 2 points of damage per paladin level to any evil creature you hit (in addition to the normal bonus damage dealt by a smite).

3) I think Paladin Exalted Smite should be passive rather than active since it upgrades their Smite Evil ability. Divine Might should follow the one written on the rulebook rather than giving a max bonus of only 8 damage per turn undead you spend.
Divine Might
Benefit: Spend one of your turn/rebuke undead
attempts to add your Charisma bonus to your weapon
damage for a number of rounds equal to your
Charisma bonus.

Then add
Divine Shield
Benefit: Spend one of your turn/rebuke undead
attempts to channel energy into your shield, granting
it an enhancement bonus equal to your Charisma
modifier. This enhancement bonus applies both to the
shield's attacks and defense, and lasts for a number of
rounds equal to your Charisma modifier.

4) Improve the cool down for Many-Shot since waiting for 2 minutes is a pain to use it again. Then possibly add the Called-Shot range feat.

5) Give Clerics their Domain and Domain spells it is just right to give it to them since it is once of their abilites.

BlazingDuke
12-03-2010, 08:08 AM
1) Druid class

2) Warlock class

3) Work on fixing the microphone issue. I've been playing since DDO came out, been through 3 computers, 2 OS's and 5 microphones and I've never had any of them work with DDO, though they have worked with several other MMO's like Warcraft, LOTR, COH, Champions etc.

4) More prestige classes and finish out the prestige classes started.

5) Make AC and ToHit worth something. It's sad to have a 47 AC and everything in a dungeon 2 CR's lower than you and being run on normal is smacking you with nearly every hit...meanwhile you have a ToHit of +48 and you are missing them %50 of the time!!

Magil
12-03-2010, 11:05 AM
In no particular order:

1. Druids

2. Gnomes

I like 3 and 5.

1. New Illusion spells.
2. Smarter enemies.
3. Would love to see some improvements in ranged combat.

NecroKovy
12-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Hmmm, this is a fun one.

Now, I haven't seen even half the game's content yet, so perhaps I just haven't seen some of the things I'd like to yet. In that case, awesome I look forward to it. :)

1) Monsters I'd like to encounter: Carrion Crawler, Displacer Beast, Hydra, Night Hag, Naga, Nightmare, Purple Worm, Treant, Umber Hulk, Crypt Thing, Grell, Iron Cobra, Necrophidius (Death Worm), and Slaad (any/all types). **These were pulled from the MM and FF circa 1980 or so, again sorry for any repetition**

2) Would love to see a spell components bag

3) Class specific quests/trials. For example: Wizards and Sorcerer's can visit someone at Portable Hole that will put them through the trial, and give them a ONE TIME reward based on their completion score. Similar to the dragon mark process, but with various spell tests instead of questions. (Ray spells at a moving dart board, how many skeletons can you destroy in X seconds, Buff the dummy so it survives the obstacle course, etc...)

Each class would be able to go to their respective location to take the trial, and the reward would be 'unique' to each player, sure many would get the same, but how many would get the 'perfecto'? The prize tier could be a hundred items, with a score of 0-100% determining your reward. One time opportunity per toon, and make it a bound item. Playing every class would be more appealing this way, at least a little, I would imagine.

4) Ability to create personal domicile (Not right away, maybe at around 10th level), imagine the possibilities there! I know that's a LARGE request, easy to suggest, but perhaps to accomplish, not so much. Still, the idea of going 'home' and seeing say.....a trophy room with the head of each type of monster I've slain, or a rack to put my weapons on instead of forcing them all into my backpack/bank, whatever. Similar to guild level, domicile points can be earned for additional benefits. Perhaps this is why they made airships, and I haven't gotten one yet, so shame on me if this is just silly. Selfishly, I just want my Necro to be able to sit on his jewel encrusted throne in Lich form. ;o) If you are invited to someone's home, or go to your own, you recover at triple normal town speed if you enter the sleep command. You can choose to live in one of the houses, the marketplace, even Korthos if you just want the nice quiet life! Perhaps there could even be certain benefits/penalties depending on where you choose to take your boots off at night!

5) More 'action' in town. I know, the idea is to go into dungeons, kill monsters, get treasure, level up, and all that fun stuff. However, sometimes I want to play the game, but don't feel like questing. Maybe events could randomly occur, like such an awful winter that the marketplace is in a constant state of snowball swarm for hours! :oD NPC's who are drunk, or just don't like your face and want to fight right there on the spot. These types of events could lead to interesting consequences, making each player's experience just that much more unique depending on who they are soft/hard on, who they decide to help or not, or even allow for NPC's to offer 'hireling' services for X amount of quests (choose wisely!), as a favor reward. You can go so far as to lower/increase ability scores (Charisma, depending on what choices you make, this being cumulative, you could always earn them back/lose the benefits anyway...perhaps they can be temporary increases, even just one hour! Let 'em stack with everything, is a +1 or -1 to a single stat for an hour gonna be a game breaker either way? You can't shrine it away either, you decided to click "Reach into the elderly homeless man's pocket slowly, so as to get the gem without waking him up....ha, what an old fool!", that's not the shrine's fault!

FastTaco
12-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I would like some more prestiges, some more platinum in my account, more adventure packs, and a bag full of larges.