PDA

View Full Version : Change fighter capstone back to alacrity bonus

Cetus
10-27-2010, 10:22 AM
I just hate this capstone. The 5% doublestrike from a bard almost never procs, and the 10% rom the fighter capstone isn't that much better. Even though probabilistically its the same thing as a speed bonus, in game footage barely reveals these double strikes.

I am considering grabbing the barbarian past life feat and splashing the last two levels with barb to get sprint boost and a consistent 9str/8con half-orc rage instead of this "chance" at more dps.

Please change it back, its a capstone for crying out loud.

blitzschlag
10-27-2010, 10:26 AM
I am considering grabbing the barbarian past life feat and splashing the last two levels with barb to get sprint boost and a consistent 9str/8con half-orc rage instead of this "chance" at more dps.

well, the increased str/con on rages from barb past life is considered as a bug and will be fixed anyway. so you're looking at 3 1.5 min rages with +4str/con in the, not too distant, future. the active barb past life feat is a joke anyway...

Fluxiion
10-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Especially when classes like a sorc get 20% extra damage on their capstone, the speed boost isn't that over powering at all. Not that i know much of the double strike.

Avenir
10-29-2010, 02:42 PM
/signed

Chai
10-29-2010, 02:48 PM
I just hate this capstone. The 5% doublestrike from a bard almost never procs, and the 10% rom the fighter capstone isn't that much better. Even though probabilistically its the same thing as a speed bonus, in game footage barely reveals these double strikes.

Please change it back, its a capstone for crying out loud.

Yeap, its only a real boon in longer boss fights. In normal quest play, mobs have a three second lifespan and the doublestrike proc rate doesnt really help much compared to ALWAYS swinging 10% faster.

P.S. If they give ranger their 10% back as well, please give it to tempest 3 and not tempest 1, k thx~

Cetus
11-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeap, its only a real boon in longer boss fights. In normal quest play, mobs have a three second lifespan and the doublestrike proc rate doesnt really help much compared to ALWAYS swinging 10% faster.

P.S. If they give ranger their 10% back as well, please give it to tempest 3 and not tempest 1, k thx~

Yea...and the fun factor is dimmed in the face of the old capstone. I loved the attack speed; it was addicting. Now, I only get a mild eye widener when I land a friggin doublestrike...once out of every 10 hits....probabilistically speaking.

I would really like that capstone back.

grodon9999
11-29-2010, 11:16 AM

/signed for both points but I'm not holding my breath for either. Turbine has people convinced the slowing of attack speed significantly decreased lag. It's a lie, I was on Lamaland when we tested this and nothing got fixed until they upped the bandwidth cap.

Angelus_dead
11-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Unless you're referring to TWF (which was an explicit nerf), then that is backwards. A 10% doublestrike is better than 10% general speed.