PDA

View Full Version : SoundBurst busted.

silvertrit
10-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Has anyone been having trouble with sound burst? I do the spell it does the animation and takes my sp but no effect is produced.

FlyingTurtle
10-26-2010, 06:17 PM
me too.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=281869

sleepycow
10-26-2010, 06:25 PM
This explains a lot.

silvertrit
10-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Am honored that you been a member this long adn you spend your first post on me lol.

Kilnedric
10-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Not a true test. But I was recently doing some Sands slayer, killing gnolls, which I outclass by a bit, so dont really care to CC them much. But there were 2 times I threw Soundburst, and I can remember thinking, wow, I cant believe I missed them all *twice*.

Lifeblood
10-26-2010, 08:13 PM
from what i have noticed unless you have a mob: "hard targeted" sound burst will not work
It is no longer working as an aoe spell

silvertrit
10-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Is hard targeted when you have right clicked the creature or when you use the reticule and aim over it?

LookingForABentoBox
10-26-2010, 09:07 PM
And here I was thinking I was just being exceptionally unlucky on saves

Lifeblood
10-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Is hard targeted when you have right clicked the creature or when you use the reticule and aim over it?

hard targeted is when you actually click on the mob not just mouse over it...so to answer your question in a word : Yes

LEELOONA
10-27-2010, 04:01 AM
+1

Please fix the spell.

Fluxiion
10-27-2010, 04:44 AM
I've noticed this happening as well, but I have also noticed that sometimes some of my cure mod spells just randomly disappear/ go through the animation but no result, when I attempt to cast them on people. This has been when I'm just standing still so its not a concentration failure either. Kinda irritating

andbr22
10-27-2010, 04:50 AM
CMW -> maybe lag issues. I have got sometimes (happednd 3 or 4 times) that my Multishoot was used up but no efect (i don't have to mention it is realy annoing - waiting 2 minutes to do some DPS because of Lag)...

Fluxiion
10-27-2010, 05:00 AM
CMW -> maybe lag issues. I have got sometimes (happednd 3 or 4 times) that my Multishoot was used up but no efect (i don't have to mention it is realy annoing - waiting 2 minutes to do some DPS because of Lag)...

ahh ok, thats probably my CMW issue, I'm from Aus so I dont get the best of connections to the servers, oh well =]

FlyingTurtle
10-27-2010, 07:22 AM
from what i have noticed unless you have a mob: "hard targeted" sound burst will not work
It is no longer working as an aoe spell

Tried it, no go.

If it was "WAI:need hard target" it would be like Hypnotism (nothing happens at all unless you have a hard target).

Instead, you get the casting animation and sound, the game takes your SP, and nothing happens. It's a bug.

Eistander
10-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Playing an Evoker-spec FvS, that was something I noticed almost straightaway.. the spell is not working like I once did, which was basically aim your reticule, and fire off the spell, and the burst appears where you aimed. Now if you do that, the spell animation goes off, you lose spell points but nothing happens and you don't get a warning or notification.

On the other hand, Holy Smite is working just fine, just like Soundburst used to. I am almost thinking that this may have been a part of their fixing the spells that shoot towards the ceiling issue (check pre-update Fireball).. I really hope they can bring it back, as Soundburst (being as low level as it was) was basically my quick-trap spell to fire off at a group of mobs flanking my group.