PDA

View Full Version : Cleric-5 with 10 base DEX; can I still add Rogue-2 for evasion?

Kinnio
10-26-2010, 09:09 AM
I solo with a Cleric-5/Fighter-1 and have read about the benefits of Rogue-2 for evasion and UMD
My base DEX is 10 so I 2HF.

(1) Will Rogue evasion work OK if I do +2 DEX tome and get the best DEX item for each levels?
(2) It seems the best Feats for melee 2HF Cleric are:
Stunning Blow
Improved Critical: Slashing
Improved 2HF
Are these the best choices?

blitzschlag
10-26-2010, 09:11 AM
I solo with a Cleric-5 and have read about the benefits of Rogue-2 for evasion and UMD
Will Rogue evasion work OK if I do +2 DEX tome and get the best DEX item for each levels?

won't be too famous but probably enough for normal questing up to 20...

flynnjsw
10-26-2010, 09:12 AM
The thing about adding rogue levels after level 1 is that you drop the amount of skill points you get from rogue levels by about 1/4. It is always best to have your first level be rogue, and then go from there. Now as far as the numbers needed for evasion to be effective, that I am unsure of.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-26-2010, 09:14 AM
I solo with a Cleric-5 and have read about the benefits of Rogue-2 for evasion and UMD
Will Rogue evasion work OK if I do +2 DEX tome and get the best DEX item for each levels?

No, don't give up the cleric levels for that.

Uska
10-26-2010, 09:15 AM
what you would gain wouldnt be worth what you would lose.

Spoonwelder
10-26-2010, 09:19 AM
not really well - clerics have a crappy reflex save to start so an evasion splash (if you did one use monk for the AC bonus). If you had a really high dex and a high resist item and a feat to spare on saves and some clickies to improve saves your evasion might just land once in a while. But not often enough to be useful.

If you aren't a battle cleric you won't often be in the AOE of spells for evasion to be helpful either.

AyumiAmakusa
10-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Monk would have been a better choice but I highly advise you not to multiclass (or just delete that character, plan out the multiclass from 1 to 20 and make it).

Spoonwelder
10-26-2010, 09:43 AM
I solo with a Cleric-5/Fighter-1 and have read about the benefits of Rogue-2 for evasion and UMD

(1) Will Rogue evasion work OK if I do +2 DEX tome and get the best DEX item for each levels?
(2) It seems the best Feats for melee 2HF Cleric are:
Stunning Blow
Improved Critical: Slashing
Improved 2HF
Are these the best choices?
Evasion has been answered - but I would say for your feats you should just stick to PA, THF and IC Slashing....the rest of your feats should be metamagic feats for your cleric and a toughness. This presumes a battlecleric build - for metamagics - Emp Healing, Maximize, quicken to round out your seven. If you are human you could use your extra feat to add a proficiency to allow you to use Great Axe or Falcion otherwise you are 2HF with sticks.