PDA

View Full Version : Mabar Event: Vampire fangs > Motes

taurolyon
10-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Allow the trading of vampire fangs (which seem to be VERY bountiful) to Motes of the Night.

Gennerik
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Vampire Fangs drop way to often to be only a requirement for level 16 gear. I would have thought that with the rate they drop, you would need 2 fangs and 1000 motes to upgrade to level 12, then 2 fangs, 1250 motes and a dragon scale for the level 16 upgrade. But instead, you end up with a ton of fangs and hardly any scales, so we should at least be able to turn them in for ~50-60 motes. Just put a warning for people unfamiliar with the fact that they are required for an upgrade as well.

Cleanincubus
10-26-2010, 12:49 PM
/signed

I'm currently sitting on a little over 50 of them, that I will never use. It would also cut down on some of the /trade channel spam, of people trying to sell them for an outrageous amount of motes & PP (not that anyone actually buys them).

FlyingTurtle
10-26-2010, 12:53 PM
not signed...

Every vampire drops 2 fangs virtually guaranteed, AND a random chance of dropping a ritual item.

Exchanging them for motes would make the farm rate of higher levels unevenly huge.

There's a reason why you have a huge stack of them. It's because they're worthless. Spread the goodwill of the season by handing them out to lowbies who can't get the Vamp kill yet.

Rylex_Night-Shield
10-26-2010, 12:56 PM
/signed as well

It's odd that I have 48 of them right now and will only need 2... MAYBE 3 at most for this years event. I actually have collected more vamp fangs then any one of the other 3 collectable (my highest count right now is 41 finger bones). Maybe another idea is that instead of trading in for motes, you could trade 100 vamp fangs in for 1 lich dust. That would solve A LOT of problems for me at the moment... :)

Drakos
10-26-2010, 01:07 PM
I've got over 160 fangs in my inventory at the moment. At the rate they drop I was wondering if they had future plans.

MrCuisinart
10-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Exchanging them for motes would make the farm rate of higher levels unevenly huge. ...

I would have supported this but you make an excellent point. /notsigned

I have a small stack of them due to my capped character. But none from my other [lower-level] characters 'cause they don't mess with blood-suckers.

Eckenwiler
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
or maybe create another item that is puchased with vampire fangs instead of motes... maybe a potion of vampire form, or crystal of summon vampire, etc.

Ybbald
10-26-2010, 08:52 PM
or maybe create another item that is puchased with vampire fangs instead of motes... maybe a potion of vampire form, or crystal of summon vampire, etc.

something like this please

AT the very least give us motes for them
Motes are already horrible overpriced
100 plat each and they were flying off the shelves >_<

stille_nacht
10-26-2010, 09:08 PM
well, vamp fangs are the rarest, even though i have 42 of them, i know i have turned in at least 80 of the others, and i think that higher lvs are able to farm faster anyway... DFB and MS kill 15 undead at a time....

but i would more support the vampire potion or vampire bomb.
Itd be like this:

(Useable only in Event)
Vampire Fang Grenade: Cost: 5 Vampire Fangs
20d6 Bludgeoning+20d6 Pierce Damage

something vaguely equivalent to a meteor swarm really, give the newbs something cool to play with, and the vets something to dump fangs in (and give the meelees a chance to experience how awesome it is to be a caster before the innefficiency of your spells sets in)

may seem sort of OP, but when you consider that after farming 5000 motes ppl have about 50 fangs (10 grenades), its not really that game shattering, and a maximized/empowered meteor swarm still does more anyway...

Draught of Vampirism: Cost: 5 fangs
lasts 15 min, you get 25% of the damage you deal as hp.

erikbozelie
11-25-2010, 04:51 AM
so basicly what i am reading from these vampire fang threads is.. that people are complaining one of the ingredients are too easy to get?

Cleanincubus
11-25-2010, 10:23 AM
so basicly what i am reading from these vampire fang threads is.. that people are complaining one of the ingredients are too easy to get?
They were BEYOND easy to get. I have 70+ of them from the last event. That is way too much when you only need 2, to make an item. They've changed it now, where the fangs don't automatically drop from killing a vampire. So it's certainly better, but it really doesn't help those of us who have dozens of useless fangs still in our inventory.

Mercureal
11-25-2010, 10:39 AM
I'd support being able to do something with all the extra fangs that accumulate, I like that grenade idea. And while we're at it, I wouldn't mind be able to turn in extra keys for motes, too. Not for the same number of motes that you spend to purchase a key, but at least for a few. In about 2 hours yesterday, off-and-on, I think I collected 12 or 13 keys on my level 8 cleric. I won't even come close to using all of those keys, let alone any more that I collect in the next few days.

NostalithilDarkstar
11-25-2010, 06:32 PM
/aprove