PDA

View Full Version : Tiered Bonuses

Gennerik
10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
So, the Mabar event items seem to be pretty cool, however I've found myself wondering when I should quit upgrading them so I can actually get some use of them. The last thing I want to do is have one set for each tier, so I had a different idea. Given the special nature of the items:

Limited time event
Items go through an upgrade path
Items are Bound to Character

I was wondering about the possibility of making the items adjust their tiers to the level of your character. So, when a character reaches the minimum level of the next tier (8, 12, 16, or 20), the item actually upgrades to the next tier until it finally reaches the maximum tier it was upgraded to. This would actually give the items more of a use before you reach level 20 to finally use a fully upgraded item, and also keep people from having to stop prematurely on an item just so they can use it for their low-level character (meaning people can continue to enjoy the event while working on something without having to wait until the end of their character's career to finally use it). I just think it's a shame that right now, people may be prohibited from getting to enjoy the full festival because they don't want to fully upgrade their item and it become useless to them until much later.