PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we feat trade for SF again?

theSanchez
10-24-2010, 12:59 AM
I know how if we didn't take Stunnig Fist in the early levels, we cannot feat trade to get it back. But why? Were we ever given a reason? Especially its a requirement for Pre (guess which feat is preventing me from taking it?) and is more crucial than ever with ToD being nerfed? Is there a reason we cannot trade for it?

Taimasan
10-24-2010, 01:19 AM
I believe you can trade the feat, but it has to be a class feat.

Feylina
10-24-2010, 01:30 AM
quite possibly you took toughness as one of your monk feats or possibly part of 2wf line.

if toughness it's a pain as it will only let you swap out 1 of them and usually it's your last taken (if more than 1) or first taken.

if twf you might be borked also as it will not let you swap out pre req's for other feats. say you took 2wf then i2wf and g2wf as your non monk feats.

best to guesstimate what you took as your monk feats. may have to swap a bunch of feats to free up that monk feat for stunning fist. or possibly luck out and get a lesser heart of wood (if they drop) from a chest :).

try checking all your feats for a swap. you may have 1 that you can swap out for stunning fist (can't see them all being toughness / twf). Hopefully the one you can swap isn't a class feat.

t0r012
10-24-2010, 11:18 AM
I know how if we didn't take Stunnig Fist in the early levels, we cannot feat trade to get it back. But why? Were we ever given a reason? Especially its a requirement for Pre (guess which feat is preventing me from taking it?) and is more crucial than ever with ToD being nerfed? Is there a reason we cannot trade for it?
Stunning fist has to be taken as one of your "class" bonus feats granted at 1, 2, or 6.
yes you get a bonus class feat at 3 but that s reserved for your light or dark path choice only so it doesn't count.
so you need to figure out what feats you chose as your class bonus feats at 1,2 or 6 by comparing your feat list with those classed as monk class bonus feats in the compendium here. (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Class:Monk)

edit: sorry quoted the wrong person

Red_Knight
10-24-2010, 01:46 PM
My originally chosen class feats were Deflect Arrows (level 1), Weapon Finesse (level 2), and Two Weapon Fighting (six I think). Either that, or Diehard. When I went to swap out for Stunning Fist, I went through all my feats. None were a prereq for another feat. And yet, it would only let me select Stunning Fist if I was trying to swap out Weapon Finesse.

Not sure why.