PDA

View Full Version : Petition to have Gary Gygax's voice returned

AyumiAmakusa
10-21-2010, 03:44 PM
NOTE: This issue has been resolved and apparently it was all a misunderstanding. The person who originally brought this up has since apologized for being mistaken. Do not sign this because it is not true. I also have to apologize for jumping to conclusions, so please ignore this thread!

gurgar78
10-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I cannot bear this change. You can remove the dice descriptions, you can nerf everything, you can change all the UI you want, but you cannot remove Gary Gygax's voice.

Sign if you agree. :mad:

Wait, they removed his narration from the Delara module?

ArkoHighStar
nm

dennisharlien
/singed. Why would you do this? licence run out on his voice?

Oolung
10-21-2010, 03:46 PM
I saw the other thread too before this one, editing both of my posts now

jjflanigan
10-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Out of curiosity...has anyone confirmed this. I saw one person post that they changed the voice over, but no one else has confirmed it...maybe we should make sure it's been removed before we grab our pitchforks?

incineration
10-21-2010, 03:48 PM
/signed

Oolung
Out of curiosity...has anyone confirmed this. I saw one person post that they changed the voice over, but no one else has confirmed it...maybe we should make sure it's been removed before we grab our pitchforks?

does that mean its ok to hold onto the torches for now?

systemstate
Does the new voice sound better at least? I haven't tried it yet.

Martdon
10-21-2010, 03:49 PM
/signed

AyumiAmakusa
10-21-2010, 03:49 PM

Logging in right now to confirm. If it was all a bad joke, I will publicly apologize.

EDIT: The other thread has confirmed that it is a joke.

I, hereby, publicly apologize for jumping to conclusions. As for the forum poster who did this, it was not at all funny. This was one of the rare moments that I panicked.

gurgar78
10-21-2010, 03:50 PM
I die a little on the inside everytime I run Delara's and someone asks who that Gary guy is.

jjflanigan

Yeah, we'll need some light to find the pitchforks if this ends up being true.

Hopefully it's not true, but I can't get in game to check right now :(

omastar444
Just checked. Gary's voice is still there. Nothing has changed. This is just a sick joke. Shame on you good sir.

dogpig00
10-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Turbine is more than capable of raise Gygax as undead and have him voice all the undead voices.

Turbine must be able to... I mean, its just cast a raise dead spell, right? Use scroll maybe?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-21-2010, 03:51 PM
nm

Sirea
10-21-2010, 03:58 PM
There's been no change...man you guys are gullible :p

Cam_Neely
10-21-2010, 03:59 PM
I die a little on the inside everytime I run Delara's and someone asks who that Gary guy is.

I came very close to kicking someone from the party ( I did end up squelching them after, but finished the chain with them) because they asked that, then when I told them, they said he sounded like a loser.

gott_ist_tot
10-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Gawd I almost posted in this other thread. Luckily for me nerd rage (+4 int +4 wis) is not at all like barb rage, and I heard voices of the ancestors in my head "No Dvyrf, you're too wise a dwarf to post in such a thread without confirming it yourself, and if you will, we shall haunt you in your dreams as a half-orc seductress".

So, what am I doing in this thread? Er. I'm hearing another voice in my head. Who is this admiral Akbar? I'm going to ignore him this time.

gott_ist_tot
10-21-2010, 04:18 PM
I came very close to kicking someone from the party ( I did end up squelching them after, but finished the chain with them) because they asked that, then when I told them, they said he sounded like a loser.

Well, as much as I loved him... What you gonna do? Kick people and deny truth? He does sound like it. The best thing is he was far from actually being one.

Some old ladies in Poland keep saying a wind broken at church smells of roses.

;)

geoffhanna
10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
The first time I ran that I remarked over voice chat how cool it was that they got Gygax to do it, and also, my gods what a nerd he sounds like.

Someone in the party: "well duh"

I am happy every time I enter Deleras or Threnal. It warms me to know that the guys that invented D&D remain in our goofy little game, even if only in (very nerdy) voice.

:) :) :) :)

Loromir
10-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, as much as I loved him... What you gonna do? Kick people and deny truth? He does sound like it. The best thing is he was far from actually being one.

Some old ladies in Poland keep saying a wind broken at church smells of roses.

;)

Well folks, its a game for nerds...invented by nerds. What did you expect?

Doxmaster
10-21-2010, 04:43 PM
If only someone would toss him a res...or at least bring him to a freaking shrine already.

Zippo
10-21-2010, 04:55 PM

Torch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPDln2dcpYA)

Graebeerd
10-21-2010, 04:59 PM
who is gary gygax?

Doxmaster
10-21-2010, 05:52 PM
You better be trolling.

Gary G. was one of the creators of D&D. He was a nerd-god.

Bendictus
10-22-2010, 11:18 AM
With all due respect to the dearly departed, Gygax had a terrible speaking voice. A brilliant writer for sure, but narration certainly wasn't his strong point.

Zippo
10-22-2010, 05:43 PM
With all due respect to the dearly departed, Gygax had a terrible speaking voice. A brilliant writer for sure, but narration certainly wasn't his strong point.

And yet still an incredibly nice and interesting speaker. Living only 10 minutes from where he spent most of his time in Lake Geneva Wisconsin I had the distinct pleasure of bumping into him and speaking to him a few times.

Bendictus
10-23-2010, 04:30 PM
And yet still an incredibly nice and interesting speaker.

Of this I have no doubt. I would have loved to pick his brain over a bourbon or two.

You're a lucky fellow.