PDA

View Full Version : New Social Page Tab - Guild Recruitment

Pehtis
10-21-2010, 02:49 AM
Half the battle in building a guild community with players who have common playing requirements is the fact they don't know about you. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a live online ingame page where active guilds could post their recruiting requirements.

In practice I'd expect to use existing software and have word limits to be the same as LFM. A spot for leader name (where mission would pop up) for contact. Ideally you'd like to also have a couple of officer names but that may be too hard for Dev's to justify.

To avoid clogging up the pages I'd say either implement say a 2 hour maximum duration per 24 hours. Or maybe a some other variation like a 3 day permant post each month. The idea being only the active guilds would show up at any point in time.

Those guilds not recruiting simply don't bother to post, so all good there too.

Just a thought that I believe would provide DDO with an even more permant community of players with a very high probability of them being paying.

Arijan
10-21-2010, 03:54 AM
Great idea!

Only suggestion from me would be to do it in some way of 'rent'? Let's say a weekly fee with the Free Agents? Witch could be done by any officer+?

PS.: could bring us to a thought about 'Guild Treasury' and/or 'Guild Taxes'?

FlyingTurtle
10-21-2010, 07:32 AM
signed

voodoogroves
10-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Amen

Pehtis
11-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Well if there is agreement by many of the playing base lets hope the Dev's see this and implement something like this that is more "live" so to speak.

FlyingTurtle
11-02-2010, 08:11 AM
It needs to either be searchable, or have fields, little checkboxes:

- Commitment high/medium/low
- Raid-focused
- RP
- Permadeath
- External site
- Guild events
- New players

...etc.

And have some kind of integrated applications process which prospective members can hit and write up your own application request in a short paragraph.

Cabronsisimo
11-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Can i make multiple submissions at once? so first guild to answer gets me?

RJBsComputer
11-06-2010, 09:30 PM
I think a better way would be to have a guild list tab on the social panel. Players looking for a guild then could go there and scroll through a short description of the guilds style. An auto-mail post then could be sent to the guild leader with the interested players name. From there the guild leader could make arrangements to meet in game.

Being listed on the guild list would be controlled by the guild leader turning the options on for their guild.

Falco_Easts
11-07-2010, 12:21 AM
If you are unguilded, have the guild tab in the social panel act as a guild LFM tab. Similar setup to the group LFM.

If you are guilded, let the guild tab display as it currently does.

Pehtis
11-29-2010, 07:39 AM
It seems most agree there should be some sort of additional tab on the Social Panel dedicated solely for Guild recruiting. Hope the Dev's are working on something like this.

Pehtis
03-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Bump to keep the idea alive, just in case a dev bothers to take note of the idea.

Dysmetria
03-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Don't guilds use the social panel for this now? I see them advertsing their guilds while I am LFG all the time.

Falco_Easts
03-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Don't guilds use the social panel for this now? I see them advertsing their guilds while I am LFG all the time.

They do but it is a no no and can get them banned. Same as trading in the LFM.

FuzzyDuck81
03-06-2011, 04:28 PM
/signed

much as there are forums for guilds, an extra tab in the social panel with, as suggested above, checkboxes or whatever for various criteria could be useful for people.

It'd probably have to link into the guild tab or something, with a leader-only (or maybe leader & selected officers only) checkbox to say that the guild is looking plus a text description box & the various characteristics fields. The ad would have to specify whether at least 1 recruiting officer from the guild is currently online, presumably with each recruiting-capable person having their own "available/unavailable for recruitment" toggle (dont really wanna have ppl sending tells or whatever while trying to concentrate on a raid or something).

Memnir
03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/Memnir/mis.jpg

pie2655
03-06-2011, 04:31 PM
/signed

Pehtis
04-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Bump. I really would love to see something implemented in-game.