PDA

View Full Version : Free Original Races?

h4x0r1f1c
10-20-2010, 08:42 PM
How come we have to pay to make original races on Dungeons and Dragons Online if we're not VIP?

Robi3.0
10-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Because that is how it works. You want something special you pay for it. I however believe they should be cheaper.

Jakarr
10-20-2010, 08:52 PM
They are free...to vips which I am glad makes me feel special for once =)

DFraser
10-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah being a VIP is good:)

Lorien_the_First_One
10-20-2010, 09:42 PM
How come we have to pay to make original races on Dungeons and Dragons Online if we're not VIP?

Yeah, why shouldn't you get for free what other people pay for?

Oh wait...

FlyingTurtle
10-20-2010, 09:45 PM
nerf VIPs and paying customers!

h4x0r1f1c
10-20-2010, 10:04 PM
nerf VIPs and paying customers!

I'm premium I payed for Warforged.

I own:
Delera's Graveyard
Dreaming Dark
Vale of Twilight
Ruins of Threnal
Gianthold
Tangleroot
Demon Sands
Reaver's Refuge
Amrath

yams
10-20-2010, 10:20 PM
How come VIPs have to pay to play free races on Dungeons and Dragons Online if they're not F2P?

dogonovo
10-21-2010, 06:55 AM
How come you are a PvP expert playing a game where PvP is a pastime between forming groups?

How come every time you see anything you disagree you believe Turbine will answer to your wambulance and change everybody's game so you can pwnzor everyone?

How come a business decision has anything to do with what your view of PvP balanced game should be, even when the game was PvE focused from day one?

How come you can put letters together and form words and communicate and still not grasp basic concepts being presented over and over to you?

BTW, I am of the strong belief that you are a troll, but I felt like joining the fun. Back to the Pit now with you, there is an elf bard AA there waiting for you, with his undead robot friend at his back and call.

If you are not a troll, I have a feeling that (like many in this game) you come from NWN and used to play in unmodified servers with your copied Exalted Sorceress build. News cast sonny, different game, and even in NWN the build was not what mattered, but the player. If you are pulling your hair now with PvP go play a bit of NWN and send a hello to the good of Dungeon Eternal X, Badlands, Heart of Winter. I will try and take any comment from you seriously if those guys tell me you can kill a CHA 08 Sorcerer there.

Jakarr
10-21-2010, 06:57 AM
How come you are a PvP expert playing a game where PvP is a pastime between forming groups?

How come every time you see anything you disagree you believe Turbine will answer to your wambulance and change everybody's game so you can pwnzor everyone?

How come a business decision has anything to do with what your view of PvP balanced game should be, even when the game was PvE focused from day one?

How come you can put letters together and form words and communicate and still not grasp basic concepts being presented over and over to you?

BTW, I am of the strong belief that you are a troll, but I felt like joining the fun. Back to the Pit now with you, there is an elf bard AA there waiting for you, with his undead robot friend at his back and call.

How come my bum is cold?

Oh nvm didnt have pants on.

dogonovo
10-21-2010, 07:02 AM
How come there are Thri-kreen in game (someone made thsoe bracers...) and I cant play them?

How come I cant play a raccoon?

johnyBgood
10-21-2010, 07:04 AM
I humbly suggest that pvp is changed to a seperate adventure pack...that cost many, many TP and favor, and guild renown to unlock...then it only lasts an hour..

Hokiewa
10-21-2010, 07:09 AM
How come there are Thri-kreen in game (someone made thsoe bracers...) and I cant play them?

That is a very good question....:D

elujin
10-21-2010, 07:15 AM

they are cheap halfling forgeries didn't you see made in hous j on the label ?

dogonovo
10-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Nerf halfling artificers!!!

AyumiAmakusa
10-21-2010, 07:25 AM

Because every Sunday, a cloud disappears.

Legohaiden
10-21-2010, 07:26 AM
you can play all the "Original" D&D races for free.

Human - Check
Dwarf - Check
Elf - Check
Halfling - Check

thats all the "Original" races

Warforged, drow, and half-races came later.

(if you wondered original classes where fighter, cleric, wizard and rogue):D

katana_one
10-21-2010, 07:41 AM

Or even "fighting man, cleric, magic-user and thief?"

yawumpus
10-21-2010, 07:58 AM
fighting man and magic user (ok, they were the only ones in chainmail. I think the four listed were all in the first published D&D. Presumably they were the ones in use when Dave Arneson first started D&D).

Also halflings weren't used until the Tolkien estate sent a cease and desist letter over "hobbit".

Can turbine use hobbits in DDO? I suspect that any lawyer would let the IP escape LOTRO would be fired, but it would be worth a look.

tenalafel
10-21-2010, 08:10 AM

Human - Check
Dwarf - Check
Elf - Check
Halfling - Check

Nitpicking here, but not exactly... the original D&D classes were :
Fighter, Wizard, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Rogue, Cleric.
There was no mention of races... well other than the fact that they were classes...

A Human was a Fighter or a Wizard or a Rogue or a Cleric.
a Dwarf was more or less a Fighter.
an Elf was a Fighter/Wizard.
a Halfing was Roguish.

I don't have my Rule Cyclopaedia at hand to make it more precise. :D

Hendrik
10-21-2010, 08:13 AM

I own:
Delera's Graveyard
Dreaming Dark
Vale of Twilight
Ruins of Threnal
Gianthold
Tangleroot
Demon Sands
Reaver's Refuge
Amrath

Then pony up and pay for the rest of the races just like everyone else that plays this game for FREE. Or use your allowance to buy a sub.

What is your PvP motivation for this request?

Tom318
10-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Nitpicking here, but not exactly... the original D&D classes were :
Fighter, Wizard, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Rogue, Cleric.
There was no mention of races... well other than the fact that they were classes...

A Human was a Fighter or a Wizard or a Rogue or a Cleric.
a Dwarf was more or less a Fighter.
an Elf was a Fighter/Wizard.
a Halfing was Roguish.

I don't have my Rule Cyclopaedia at hand to make it more precise. :D

I remember "Rogue" being called "Thief" before people got over-PC about things :)

Losercrew
10-21-2010, 08:17 AM

If you are not a troll, I have a feeling that (like many in this game) you come from NWN and used to play in unmodified servers with your copied Exalted Sorceress build. News cast sonny, different game, and even in NWN the build was not what mattered, but the player. If you are pulling your hair now with PvP go play a bit of NWN and send a hello to the good of Dungeon Eternal X, Badlands, Heart of Winter. I will try and take any comment from you seriously if those guys tell me you can kill a CHA 08 Sorcerer there.

Isn't it "at his beck and call" not "at his back and call" as you have it? Fail?

Llewndyn
10-21-2010, 08:25 AM

I own:
Delera's Graveyard
Dreaming Dark
Vale of Twilight
Ruins of Threnal
Gianthold
Tangleroot
Demon Sands
Reaver's Refuge
Amrath

Sounds like you answered your own question there.... if you WANT it, PAY for it... personally and no offense but I expected better from you... I was SO looking forward to a "Nerf Half Orcs they beat me down in PVP it's unfair"... I'll expect one by... let's say... 1030 Central time? Chop chop!

amnota
10-21-2010, 08:26 AM
And anyone who enters pvp should just be forced to stay there. Period. Along with anyone who has "expert" in their signature anywhere.

Llewndyn
10-21-2010, 08:31 AM
And anyone who enters pvp should just be forced to stay there. Period. Along with anyone who has "expert" in their signature anywhere.

People with expert in their names suck!

dogonovo
10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Isn't it "at his beck and call" not "at his back and call" as you have it? Fail?

I sit corrected, and I would like the world to be witness to my failing due to mispelling a vowel.

is the report post button the one I should use to report someone for grammar/spelling nazism? I am really not sure...

WeaselKing
10-21-2010, 10:48 AM

This question does not even deserve this much of a response, but the answer is: because Turbine is trying to make money.

cpito
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
This question does not even deserve this much of a response, but the answer is: because Turbine is trying to make money.

next H4x thread title: NERF money making!

azrael4h
10-21-2010, 03:18 PM
next H4x thread title: NERF money making!

Depends on how long it takes for a Half-Elf AA to kill him in PvP. At which point, it will be "NERF HALF-ELVES, THEY'RE OP!!!!!"

Chai
10-21-2010, 03:27 PM

Human - Check
Dwarf - Check
Elf - Check
Halfling - Check

Elf was an original class and original race.

If you were human you could choose a class. If you were an elf, you were an elf.

Dagone
10-21-2010, 03:45 PM
" Nerf any race,class or player that's better than me"

Cause we know that's not possible

Dag

Darkrok
10-21-2010, 03:54 PM
How come I cant play a raccoon?

+1 for that one. Why Turbine, why?!? :)

Losercrew
10-21-2010, 05:03 PM
I sit corrected, and I would like the world to be witness to my failing due to mispelling a vowel.

is the report post button the one I should use to report someone for grammar/spelling nazism? I am really not sure...

I actually just thought you didn't know the phrase, and assumed you thought you did, but seeing as you got it wrong i assumed you didn't know what you where talking about, is all.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-21-2010, 05:10 PM

Human - Check
Dwarf - Check
Elf - Check
Halfling - Check

Nuh uh, where are my gnomes?

der_kluge
10-21-2010, 05:19 PM
You guys are confusing "Basic D&D" with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, of which this game is based.

In "Basic D&D" (ala Rules Cyclopedia), races = classes. So, elf was sort of like a magic-user/fighter. Dwarf was a fighter, etc.

Original white box D&D only had three classes - Fighting Man, Magic-User and Cleric, and four races - human, dwarf, elf and "hobbit" - which was later renamed to Halfling, since the Tolkien estate owns the rights to the word Hobbit.

Uska
10-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Elf was an original class and original race.

If you were human you could choose a class. If you were an elf, you were an elf.

That may have been basic I have an original dnd book 1 right here men & magic book 1 of three from 1974.

In actual orignal dnd there were was fighting men, clerics, magic-users. Dwarves could be fighting men but only up to 6th lvl. halflings could be fighting men up to 4th lvl. Elves could be either fighting-men or wizards and could freely switch between either one between adventures and gain exp in which ever one that they wanted that adventure using the abilites of either class they had that adventure example if you had a 1/1 fighting-man/magic-user he could use armor and spells and weapons no problem elves were limited to lvl 4 fighting-man and lvl 8 magic-user

Zilta
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Normally I don't agree with H4x but I really don't think it right that payment or VIP is needed for core races

toughguyjoe
10-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Normally I don't agree with H4x but I really don't think it right that payment or VIP is needed for core races

This game is based in Eberron. Warforged are a core race in this world.

CrescentCalling_5
10-22-2010, 12:31 AM
they may be core races but it still doesn't change the fact that people have been paying a monthly fee of $15 for them for the past 4 years. Precedent takes over in this situation. I do feel that the core races should be cheaper than they are (since their current prices are kinda ripoffs) but I don't feel like we should be getting them for free.

Contrary to what I'm sure some other people are doing, I will not give your thread a -1 rep. Instead I will steal 1 cookie from you.

Impaqt
10-22-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm fairly certain there was no "Rogue" they were Thieves back then.

Bodic
10-22-2010, 12:57 AM
AD&D was Thief

Tom318
10-22-2010, 02:42 AM
You guys are confusing "Basic D&D" with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, of which this game is based.

In "Basic D&D" (ala Rules Cyclopedia), races = classes. So, elf was sort of like a magic-user/fighter. Dwarf was a fighter, etc.

Original white box D&D only had three classes - Fighting Man, Magic-User and Cleric, and four races - human, dwarf, elf and "hobbit" - which was later renamed to Halfling, since the Tolkien estate owns the rights to the word Hobbit.

Which is kind of weird. Imagine not being able to say what you are because a company owns the rights to it.

Timber
10-22-2010, 03:23 AM

Because Turbine is a company that wants to make money. Just like the rest of the world. Deal with it.

DevilButcher
10-22-2010, 04:17 AM
http://www.theworst.ca/images/cosplay/dnd.jpg
BWAHAHAHA!

dogonovo
10-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Sorry for another off topic. It is the last one on my part.

I actually just thought you didn't know the phrase, and assumed you thought you did, but seeing as you got it wrong i assumed you didn't know what you where talking about, is all.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/at+(someone's)+beck+and+call

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fail

Wrong spelling only. And you do not have to explain yourself to me. I exercised my right in posting, so did you. If any of us were right or wrong in our use of words or content or the boards themselves, I leave that to moderation.

Templarion
10-22-2010, 06:57 AM
lol, I really like this h4x0r1f1c-dude.

Whatever he says, always people have to respond to him.

How much neg rep. he had again?