PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Please fix Thief Acrobat Showtime

The_Phenx
10-19-2010, 10:22 AM
2 suggestions.

#1 Please Change Thief Acrobat so it is like Kensai and have it give extra uses of Rogue action boosts at every Acrobat enhancement level.

This way we can use both showtime and haste boost freely. As it stands no one uses it because it drains your more important haste boosts to quickly. OR put it on its own usage counter and divorce it from haste boost.

Change the way run speed component of showtime is applied to 10% competance 15% enhancement.

As it stands it is pretty useless. It does not stack with striders OR haste :(

Valindria
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
My acrobat is level 10 and I never use showtime. I like these ideas.

Edit: This statement was made before the OP was changed.

Angelus_dead
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Make it like Kensai Power Surge which has its own pool to pull from.
Kensei Power Surge does drain regular action boosts.

But it's not as bad for Fighters, because (A) the Kensei specialty also raises your number of action boosts, (B) it uses Attack boost, which isn't good like Haste.

The better approach to deal with that inequity is to decrease the boost activation time so that Attack boost is closer in value to Haste.

#2 Please change the speed boost it grants to mirror a rangers sprint boost, so it stacks with haste
A 60-second speed boost (and with cd<dur) would be bad.

The_Phenx
10-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Kensei Power Surge does drain regular action boosts.

But it's not as bad for Fighters, because (A) the Kensei specialty also raises your number of action boosts, (B) it uses Attack boost, which isn't good like Haste.

The better approach to deal with that inequity is to decrease the boost activation time so that Attack boost is closer in value to Haste.

A 60-second speed boost (and with cd<dur) would be bad.

SO yes a good compromise would be for Acrobat to increase the # of boosts, would be totally acceptable.

And if they changed the haste boost to stack I would think 10% would be fair, nothing too steep, or just change showtime to be a 40% non stacking boost, because it is 100% useless as it stands.

dragons1ayer74
10-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Good ideas.

The movement bonus ideally would be a 30% bonus broken out something like +10% Show Time un-typed Modifier and +20% Standard Enchantment Modifier. So nice if you have nothing at all but still useful when buffed.

Dartwick
10-20-2010, 05:24 AM
SO yes a good compromise would be for Acrobat to increase the # of boosts, would be totally acceptable.

And if they changed the haste boost to stack I would think 10% would be fair, nothing too steep, or just change showtime to be a 40% non stacking boost, because it is 100% useless as it stands.

This is what we need.

The_Phenx
10-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Main post updated to reflect what everyone likes. :D

The_Phenx
11-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Read by a dev?

Valindria
11-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I would rather have use something other than haste boost.

As long as it uses the same charges as haste boost I will never use it.

Maldavenous
11-01-2010, 03:04 PM
If Showtime were to give additional Haste Boosts at each level of Acrobat it would still not be used. Most Acrobats would simply use the extra Haste Boosts as Haste Boosts.

Option 1: Use Uncanny Dodge instead of Haste Boost as the fuel for Showtime.

Option 2: Leave it as it is. Add finesse to quarterstaff as part of Thief Acrobat 1 (giving show time some extra boost in usefulness, but not much) and then make use of Uncanny Dodges for a Thief Acrobat III clicky that does basically the same thing as Showtime but can stack with Showtime. This would allow Thief Acrobats to have the option to give moderate or large boosts to their DEX (using both clickies or just one) in a quest improving their chance to hit (seeing it'll likely push their DEX up above their strength if they have a +8 and compete wtih Madstone/Rage) as well as Sneak Attack damage and AC. I think it would be very fun to be able to DEX stack and not over-powering seeing the reliance on Strength for most effects and expending a haste boost if you stack to +8 instead of +4 and then use a haste boost.