PDA

View Full Version : Guild requests

recoveringblonde
10-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Here are a few things I'd like to see:

An in-game guild bulletin board.

Time-trial or competative quests for guilds. A top ten list of times or scores will be posted somewhere (on a sign outside the adventure would be great), and with guild reknown as a reward. The average level and size of party would have to be a consideration. I'd suggest limiting the number of times a guild can enter, but this might penalize large guilds too much. Perhaps lowering the score for successive attempts would work - the first time through it'd be completely new, and additional attempts would give familiarity to the adventure which make it easier.

What do y'all think?

Gremmlynn
10-18-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't understand why the shortest completion time would show who had the best run. How about instead, use a formula of least sp and consumables used and least damage taken. I mean any idiot can buy a fast completion, but to use no sp or consumables and take no damage shows real skill regardless how long it takes.

recoveringblonde
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
The shortest completion time would be for the timed-trials, of course. They could be structured in a way which encourages good party tactics, and non-linear objectives. Your suggestions for monitoring spell point usage, &c. would be an interesting way of scoring the competative adventuring.

Does this sound fun?

zorander6
10-18-2010, 04:09 PM
The shortest completion time would be for the timed-trials, of course. They could be structured in a way which encourages good party tactics, and non-linear objectives. Your suggestions for monitoring spell point usage, &c. would be an interesting way of scoring the competative adventuring.

Does this sound fun?

Not to me, but I'm sure there are some who would enjoy this. + rep regardless.

Gremmlynn
10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Does this sound fun?About as fun as competitive bird watching, so not really.

smokeyser
10-18-2010, 04:46 PM

Does this sound fun?

It's an interesting idea, other than the timed part. Putting a timer on things means there's no room to screw around, no room to explore, and no room to try new things. It actually discourages good party tactics in favor of exploiting bugs to get through it faster.