PDA

View Full Version : New Items Request

~UltimateSuperman
10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Probably mentioned before, but there are some really cool items I would like to see added to DDO:

*Deck of Many Things
*Rod of Wonder (creates a random magical effect, which include Fireball, Slow, a cloud of butterflies, rain begins to fall)
*Hidden Tooth (like a Bag of Holding, but it is a dragon's tooth)...could be an extremely rare drop from GH Tor or Velah, etc.
*Staff of Eyes (Arcane Eye x1, Remove Blindness x1, See Invisibility x1)
*Staff of Opening (Knock x1, Open/Close x1, Passwall x1, Shatter x1)
*Staff of Vision (See Invisibility x1, Darkvision x1, Remove Blindness x1, True Seeing x2)
*Staff of Life (Heal x1, Raise Dead x5)
*Staff of Healing (Lesser Restoration x1, Cure Serious Wounds x1, Remove Blindness x2, Remove Disease x3)
*Staff of Power (Double damage, triple on a crit x1, +2 Luck bonus to AC and Saving Throws,
- Magic Missile x1,
- Ray of Enfeeblement (Heightened to 5th) x1,
- Continual Flame x1,
- Levitate x1,
- Lightning Bolt (Heightened to 5th) x1,
- Fireball (Heightened to 5th) x1,
- Cone of Cold x2,
- Hold Monster x2,
- Wall of Force (10’ radius hemisphere) x2,
- Globe of Invulnerability x2)

...just to name a few.

Some items may need to be modified a bit to be compatible with DDO, but it seems there are many items that can provide decent benefits without being overpowered and even add some interesting flavor into the game.

*Edited for more description.

Trillea
10-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Probably mentioned before, but there are some really cool items I would like to see added to DDO:

Deck of Many Things, Rod of Wonder, Hidden Tooth, Staff of Eyes, Staff of Opening, Staff of Vision, Staff of Life, Staff of Healing, Staff of Power...just to name a few. Some items may need to be modified a bit to be compatible with DDO, but it seems there are many items that can provide decent benefits without being overpowered and even add some interesting flavor into the game.

Hmm, rod of wonder - a reusable Potion of wonder perhaps? Could get funny.. Deck of Many Things would get pretty bad though.

Maxelcat
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
please no deck.

Kruppe
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Deck would not be good.

~UltimateSuperman
10-18-2010, 02:20 PM
I know the deck cannot be implemented as is, but it would be cool to have some bastardized version for flavor. I also believe this needs to be extremely, EXTREMELY rare!

Ideas for cards:
- Summon Monster lvl 1-9...similar to hireling contract that you can pull out for quests, lasts for 3 hours of quest time.
- Experience Bonus
- +1 to a Stat
- -1 to a Stat
- +1 to a Skill
- Free feat exchange
- Ethereal Rest Shrine
- Free Epic Token/Scroll/Seal
- insert your positive/negative effect here :)

CrescentCalling_5
10-18-2010, 06:10 PM
in one of my campaigns I wrote up as a joke (sorta :3) I made a really interesting item that I wish would be implemented sometimes.

Rod of the Trickster
Useable by: all classes, level 5+
Restricted by: UMD
Uses: Special Effect, 1/day
Effect:

When used, the Rod of the Trickster rolls 1d20 + Player's UMD against DC 20. If this roll fails, the player is polymorphed into a cat for 1d10 rounds (6-60 seconds). If the check succeeds, a roll of 1d4 is made.

Rolls and effects:
1~ A random neutral monster is summoned, hostile to both player and enemy
2~ A random friendly monster is summoned
3~ A single nearby monster is polymorphed into a random monster
4~ The player's equipment is transformed into a chicken costume for 1 minute