PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Updates

duotone
10-16-2010, 06:32 AM
I've been seeing some recurrent update suggestions in-game that have been talked about, but i am sure haven't reached the ears/eyes of any of the admins:

Potion bags/Spell Component Bags of various sizes like the Ingredient Bag or Collectibles Bag Should be made available, this way potions will no longer clutter up a persons inventory space while questing or collecting them.

Emoticons could be implemented in chat, another related thing ive been seeing in-game is that people have been asking for a speech bubble while talking that you could toggle on and off.

A use for gems rather than just vendor trash

The ability to drag directly from a Bag into an empty slot and vice-versa, instead of having to click the little arrows on the side of the bag then searching your inventory for whatever it was you just took out.

The ability to use sound effects in chat like an emote such as various Spellcasting sounds/animations pain noises etc.

The Ability to Customize the appearance of unnamed weapons/armor to an extent.

More AoE Spells

The Ability to Break Down Dragonshards and or Equipment using the stones of Change

I hope to get some feedback on these ideas soon

FlyingTurtle
10-16-2010, 06:34 AM
The reason for potion bags not existing is because the inventory space is a sort of hard limit on the number of clickies and consumables that you can have. It's not a anti-convenience thing.

I'd be for a cheaper bank tab just for potions though.

azrael4h
10-16-2010, 12:20 PM
The reason for potion bags not existing is because the inventory space is a sort of hard limit on the number of clickies and consumables that you can have. It's not a anti-convenience thing.

I'd be for a cheaper bank tab just for potions though.

Actually, I think I read somewhere that it was a technical issue, with using items kept in containers. Same reason spell components don't have a bag either.

Memnir
10-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Actually, each of these ideas have been hashed over here many time - and I'm sure the Devs have read them.

Potion bags/Spell Component Bags
The Devs said a long time ago that the game engine had problems recognizing spell comps when they were in bags. Even if you had the proper comps - the spell would fail because the engine could not "see" what was in the bag. This was probably two and a half to three years ago - and they've not commented since. I don't know if they are still working on it or not... but it's something they've looked into, and reported was not working.

Emoticons could be implemented in chat
Why? I'm just curious what this would add to the game.

I also am of the opinion that the speech bubbles would just get annoying.

A use for gems rather than just vendor trash
Suggested many times. I've suggested quite a few times that gems could be used as materials for color-dye to be used in gear customization. But, the suggestion comes around regularly.

The ability to drag directly from a Bag into an empty slot and vice-versa
This would be nice, but I imagine it has to do with the same engine limitations as the spell-comp problem.

The ability to use sound effects in chat like an emote such as various Spellcasting sounds/animations pain noises etc.
Again -why, and what would this add?

The Ability to Customize the appearance of unnamed weapons/armor to an extent.
I'd say this has to be one of, if not the most, frequently asked for additions to the game. The Devs have alluded that they are working on it, but we've not heard anything concrete - nor seen anything beyond the cosmetic hats in the Store. And, as cool as they are, I'd like to see more steps taken in this direction as well. We've had the Hats for a year now... time to push onward.

More AoE Spells
They add more spells with some regularity. I'd like to see more useful spells added, or old ones fixed to be useful. Cloudkill comes to mind in that regard.

The Ability to Break Down Dragonshards and or Equipment using the stones of Change
Again, this has been asked for repeatedly - mostly in terms of Greensteel. No word from the Devs if this is being worked on or not - but they've had to have seen the multitude of requests for the mechanic to be added.

Bladedge
10-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Again, this has been asked for repeatedly - mostly in terms of Greensteel. No word from the Devs if this is being worked on or not - but they've had to have seen the multitude of requests for the mechanic to be added.

This was actually commented on by design director Ian Currie in a interview by Game Banshee about a week ago. http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/100032-dungeons-a-dragons-online-eberron-unlimited.html

GB: Have you given any thought to letting players break down their Shroud-crafted items back to their original shards or base ingredients? Between crafting mistakes and some items being outperformed by epic loot, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a couple of Shroud items that I'd like to deconstruct. You could even make it a DDO Store only perk, if necessary.

Ian: Yes we have thought a lot about this. In fact, at one point we were working quite seriously on it. We had a prototype of the deconstruction portion a while back, but we never had time to fit the rest of the crafting changes into one of our recent updates and we decided that it made more sense to release a more comprehensive feature at a later date.

Memnir
10-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Ah, good to hear. :) Missed that one - and thanks for the link.

tgun
10-16-2010, 03:15 PM
The ability to drag directly from a Bag into an empty slot and vice-versa, instead of having to click the little arrows on the side of the bag then searching your inventory for whatever it was you just took out.

Unless I am misunderstanding, you can already do this. I drag collectibles out of bag into inventory all the time when I am combining collectibles across multiple chars