PDA

View Full Version : Weapon in Log In Screen

Cam_Neely
10-15-2010, 08:52 AM
As someone that looks at most suggestions and says either a.) That wont make turbine more money then the dev time so it wont happen or B.) sounds good but about 654189 other things to fix first...

I make the following suggestion knowing both probably apply

Why cant we see our weapons on the log in screen? It seems to pull all the other gear we have on, and looks pretty good, but my Barb =/= Monk, is he preparing for a barroom brawl? Heavy night of drinking and left the GS Axe at home?

Have a good weekend all!

helicalius
10-15-2010, 10:59 AM
sounds like your kinda bored arnt ya? i like your suggestion method tho +++

LookingForABentoBox
10-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Good idea

Cam_Neely
10-15-2010, 11:39 AM
not bored, just stating outright that I understand its not a priority, but if it happens to be an easy fix, I think it would be a cool thing to do.

It seems that at least some of the code is in place. It knows when I log out which outfit I have on, so it should not be that hard for it to recognize what I have in my hand, and show that. People grind alot for the weapon, and I think it would be a nice touch :)

I thought of this because I have the madstone shield, and I would log out with that in my hand everytime, because its pretty much bigger then my character...

Hum what will i play today? Drow bard, or maybe my shield !

Gnorbert
10-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I'd like this if the weapons were sheathed but visible. Personally something I'd really like to see would be the weapons sheathed in game when you are in town. I mean sure... a greataxe doesn't really "sheathe", but is there a reason that my ranger always has his scimis in hand when doing things around town like banking and shopping?

I know we have the /sheathe command but as soon as you hit the attack button there they are back in your hand. Would be cool if /sheathe actually changed you from wielding weapons to being unarmed and you'd need to /unsheath to wield them again.

of course everything here is just aesthetics... but would be a nice addition.

Cam_Neely
10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
of course everything here is just aesthetics... but would be a nice addition.
Maybe you refute one of my points here, that it would not be money making... Aesthetics and the RP that you mention (which is the core of your argument. If my guy was real, would he walk into a bank with swords drawn?) are more important to DDO then most MMOs, so it would be keeping inline with their business model.

Bogenbroom
10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
I have always assumed that it was because there was some overhead in loading the equipment on a character, so the drew the line at armor/headware. If that assumption is true, then I would prefer faster load in/out to more (albeit nice) aesthetics.