PDA

View Full Version : 5 TP per PvP

AltheaSteelrain
10-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Make PvP cost 5 TP per entry, and an additional 5 tp per release when killed inside the pit.

This is a win win solution, more TP sinks will generate income for Turbine to create more lower level content (level 1 - 4 this time) and make the general community happy with the lessened nerf threads all around the forums.

This will also encourage people to go VIP or do 100 favor runs which will repopulate the Social Panel for potential VIP players who are new to the game to get groups and learn the game.

An extreme suggestion is to make a PvP oriented adventure pack, say, a 6 versus 6 group raid with different objectives that try to kill each other for the next new shiny pixel (VIP only of course!).

Genius!

PS: Yes, I am tempted by the Dark Side.

Zorack00
10-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Or you could just remove PvP.

Aashrym
10-14-2010, 06:44 PM
I'll sign this one, but make it cost more.

If players really want better pvp they can pony up the expense instead of expecting me to pay for something I don't want out of my subscription.

:D

CrescentCalling_5
10-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Or you could just remove PvP.

hey now, one of the major arguments against pvp (which I subscribe to as well) is that every minute wasted on PvP is a minute that could've been used on PvE.

This OP finally has an idea to make PvP support PvE! More TP grinding groups, more money being poured into the game, all of this will translate to more content being poured into PvE! I can agree to that!

/signed.

Meretrix
10-14-2010, 06:55 PM
I disagree with any changes to pvp that would cost/reward a player, why? because ddo is not balanced for pvp. If changes to pvp are introduced that would make it anything other time wasting/goofing around we would see endless threads crying for nerfs. It's bad enough as it is.

AltheaSteelrain
10-14-2010, 06:56 PM
I'll sign this one, but make it cost more.

If players really want better pvp they can pony up the expense instead of expecting me to pay for something I don't want out of my subscription.

:D

No.

Costing it more would discourage the small and true pvp loving communtiy of DDO, myself included. (yes, real DDO pvp'ers don't whine for nerfs, they learn and adapt)

Of course I agree with "we want pvp improved so we will pay more" incentives :)

AltheaSteelrain
10-14-2010, 06:58 PM
I disagree with any changes to pvp that would cost/reward a player, why? because ddo is not balanced for pvp. If changes to pvp are introduced that would make it anything other time wasting/goofing around we would see endless threads crying for nerfs. It's bad enough as it is.

There will be no changes, only a price tag included everytime you enter and die inside the pit, which will help Turbine make the money required to make more game content.

darktau
10-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Unforchantly I forsee a reverse. As in I payed TP for PVP and its not balanced. That means more nerf threads as people think turbine will be takeing PVP seriously. And with more threads the staff may think that they have to fix PVP takeing away from new content development.

Leave PVP the way it is till lvl 12-16 PvE has enough quests so Tr's are not exp starved.

Maybe they could put a pop-up upon entering PVP area that says something to the effect of "PVP is not a focuse of the design team so requesting PVP nerfs will be ignored."

AltheaSteelrain
10-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Unforchantly I forsee a reverse. As in I payed TP for PVP and its not balanced. That means more nerf threads as people think turbine will be takeing PVP seriously. And with more threads the staff may think that they have to fix PVP takeing away from new content development.

Leave PVP the way it is till lvl 12-16 PvE has enough quests so Tr's are not exp starved.

Maybe they could put a pop-up upon entering PVP area that says something to the effect of "PVP is not a focuse of the design team so requesting PVP nerfs will be ignored."

Think positive. :)

CrescentCalling_5
10-15-2010, 08:38 AM

actually a good point against this :/

maybe implement this suggestion later when they figure out a way to.

Rubiconn
10-15-2010, 09:35 AM
I suggest they suspend all PVP activity until this is figured out(hopefully never).

systemstate
10-15-2010, 09:47 AM
PvP aside, why on earth do you want more level 1-4 content? It takes all of a few hours to get to level 5.