PDA

View Full Version : Druids Animal Companions

ShaDoWolF6969
10-14-2010, 09:31 AM
hey i was wondering if they r going to use the animal companions like the rander get, or will they get them like the pale master gets his minions due to the fact that the druid should be able to have a multitude of animals at his/her call. if you have a better idea i would love to know more =D

Jakarr
10-14-2010, 09:35 AM
hey i was wondering if they r going to use the animal companions like the rander get, or will they get them like the pale master gets his minions due to the fact that the druid should be able to have a multitude of animals at his/her call. if you have a better idea i would love to know more =D

I am sure they will get a summon monster that will somewhat be specific to a druid like a ranger.

But atm we have no info on druids.

dsebutchr
10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I deleted my rander because they didn't have animal companions...

richieelias27
10-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Currently there are no animal companions in the game. What the ranger gets is Summon Animal 1-4 which is not an animal companion.

Honestly there is zero reason for this oversight other than the developers apparently do not want Rangers to have animal companions. All the functions of an animal companion are currently in the game - Such as is seen with create undead improving depending on caster level, being able to give commands to hirelings, and certain summons being seperate from spell summons.

So, in short - they *could* fully implement animal companions, but for some reason choose not to.

jcTharin
10-14-2010, 09:48 AM
i really hope we get something decent for our animal companion. not the stupid we have right now.

I WANT SOMETHING I CAN FREAKIN CONTROL!

ShaDoWolF6969
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
now that the druids have thier animal companion. Is there any chance you can give the ranger the animal companion they deserve to have at 4th lvl thank you.

Khatzhas
08-02-2012, 12:34 PM
You're basing the Ranger "deserving" the animal companion on pnp? Isn't that advanced at half effective level compared to Druid? How much use is a companion with level 10 stats going to be in Epic content?

shadereaper33
08-02-2012, 12:37 PM
So, kinda nitpicky here, but how about next time you don't necro a thread from 22 months ago? just a thought.