PDA

View Full Version : Keep the farm 'level appropriate'

Krag
10-13-2010, 06:36 AM
There is a big problem every MMO suffers. No developer can release content as fast as powergamers tear through it. Therefore existing content has to be runned and rerunned multiple times until new adventures are released.

The question is what content deserves to be done ad nauseum and what not? My answer is quite simple. Since iterations (read: grind) are inevitable I prefer to run challenging content. Elite Amrath, elite Reaver's Refuge are challenging for level 20 characters. Elite Vale, elite Orchard can be challenging for more casual players. Epics with all their controversials are the step in right direction as they are tough for the majority of population. What i don't like to grind is the underlevelled, underpowered content. Desert wilderness, IQ on normal, ADQ1 casual, VoN5 normal, Prey casual, etc.

I am not asking to entirely remove shinies from lowlevel content. That would be not fun for lots of players. I am asking to remove lowlevel quests (ADQ, VoN5 I am looking at you) from highlevel characters routine and give us reason to run tougher quests on higher difficulties.

Nyvn
10-13-2010, 06:53 AM
So you're asking to remove the 3 day timer from some of the older raids? Von, DQ, Titan?

Krag
10-13-2010, 06:57 AM
So you're asking to remove the 3 day timer from some of the older raids? Von, DQ, Titan?

No. Raid timers are fine. Casual reflagging is what bothers me with those raids

SeqenenreTao
10-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Are you forcing yourself to do them at that level? Does someone have a Wand of Do the Easy Level to your head?

Am I missing something here?

Seq.

Wildseed
10-13-2010, 07:17 AM
No. Raid timers are fine. Casual reflagging is what bothers me with those raids

um, you know we no longer have to reflag, once your flagged for those raids, you're flagged, only thing you have to repeat is DQ1 in that chain.... VON 5, Titan prequest runthrough.

Wildseed
10-13-2010, 07:23 AM
If you don't like the "toughness" of the quest, run an epic VON 5 then EVON6, in other words, lead the group. then You get to pick. People run VON 5 on casual to get through it because they make us do it, whether this is your first time or your 100th time you have to run it. Repetition is what makes for casual. In other words, they're bored with VON 5, it has no good loot. So lazy and tired people say I know, let's get through VON 5 as quickly as possible so we can get to Epic VON 6. Same goes for the other prequests in Titan, and DQ people want the raids, they run the prequests because the game makes us to get to the raid. Which is why they changed the model for the later raids where you can JUST get to the raid.

sirgog
10-13-2010, 07:43 AM
If you don't like the "toughness" of the quest, run an epic VON 5 then EVON6, in other words, lead the group. then You get to pick. People run VON 5 on casual to get through it because they make us do it, whether this is your first time or your 100th time you have to run it. Repetition is what makes for casual. In other words, they're bored with VON 5, it has no good loot. So lazy and tired people say I know, let's get through VON 5 as quickly as possible so we can get to Epic VON 6. Same goes for the other prequests in Titan, and DQ people want the raids, they run the prequests because the game makes us to get to the raid. Which is why they changed the model for the later raids where you can JUST get to the raid.

Problem with that is - have you ever tried to put together a group for the (lootwise) unrewarding tougher quests?

VON5 epic requires about 8 solid people that are willing to commit for some time for next to no in-game reward (the rest can be pileons). It's not easy to find eight such people. Even if you do find eight, you pretty much need someone with medium to high trapskills, plus two 20 Wisdom toons (these are rare these days), plus several non-WF melees (for the Rust Emperor) and more.

Likewise elite SoS - it pretty much requires five or six good players, of which at least one has evasion, and all of whom are flagged and willing to use mana potions.

In short - it's hard to get them done except as special, one-off events, even if you are in a medium to large guild with quality players.

Krag
10-13-2010, 02:24 PM

Tell me the reason why you run VON5.
Is it because you like solving puzzles, slaughtering helpless mobs or is it because you enjoy piking at the entrance? Like I said the only reason you run VON5 is because Turbine need timesinks and from their point of view VON5 is as good as any. From players perspective it would be more fun to run elite Bastion/SoS/whatever 2 more times instead of piking VON5 10 times.