PDA

View Full Version : Inventory sugestion

acfreis
10-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Don't know if anyone covered this before, but I think not. If someone did, just take this as a further addition.

I am not a native English speaker so take that also in consideration please.

So, what I propose is that you make a section on the MyDDO where we can micro-manage – or better yet – manage our inventories.

I mean, let me able to browse and move items (between chars, or at least with the shared bank – that way you only need to load one inventory at a time, so that may be better and easier to do), categorize (like for instance, trash for sale, lock item, move around in the inventory, etc).

Probably others can improve on this, but even this basic capability to browse, categorize and move to the shared bank, would improve tremendously our experience of the game. This way we can do that when we can’t actually play – like at work ;) – and spend the time we can play – playing – not managing inventory.

Rineth
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
The ability to access your items for every character outside of game would require a good deal of work to code and maintain, not to mention the room for errors. The last thing we need is more items randomly disappearing.

Now the categorize suggestion you gave is actually coming in the next update, but only as part of the current inventory system. You will be able to view all items by category or in the current format, and mark items as junk which can then be sold with a "sell junk" button.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-11-2010, 12:00 PM
It's not a bad idea, but given how very poorly myddo works, I think they would be insane to try it. If they can't get a read-only one directional feed working it would be insane to let them attempt updates of the live server data.

What might be more workable is a "client light" version that you could install that only installed a single flat walled room for you to load into that had an AH, mailbox, and bank in it, access to /guild and /tell but that's it. No sounds, as few textures and other details as possible. Might be more trouble than it was worth, I don't know, but I know it would get used.

acfreis
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
It's not a bad idea, but given how very poorly myddo works, I think they would be insane to try it. If they can't get a read-only one directional feed working it would be insane to let them attempt updates of the live server data.

What might be more workable is a "client light" version that you could install that only installed a single flat walled room for you to load into that had an AH, mailbox, and bank in it, access to /guild and /tell but that's it. No sounds, as few textures and other details as possible. Might be more trouble than it was worth, I don't know, but I know it would get used.

That would be alright in my book, I just want to be able to do that while I can't possibly play, so when I do play I dont spent time managing my inventory.

rimble
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
This won't ever come to DDO, but it'll be the next great game changing MMORPG implementation, if/when a company gets the nerve to do it. Auctioning from your iPhone, executing trades via a Facebook plug-in, oh my...greater integration between email, text messages, social networking...I fear it all.