PDA

View Full Version : Friends List...

deathtouch
10-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Would It be possible that when you add a friend to your list that it could apply to all the characters on that account, that way it would shorten the friends list and it would be easier to find your friends when they are on line.

For example, my main character is called A and is on my friends list as that.
If I log in with B,C,D,E,F,etc then it would show me logged on.

DragonMageT
10-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Would It be possible that when you add a friend to your list that it could apply to all the characters on that account, that way it would shorten the friends list and it would be easier to find your friends when they are on line.

For example, my main character is called A and is on my friends list as that.
If I log in with B,C,D,E,F,etc then it would show me logged on.

Export Friends list, then import friends list FTW

sweez
10-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Basically, make the friends list accound-based, not toon-based.

/signed

sweez
10-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Export Friends list, then import friends list FTW

Do this for every single toon? And then rinse and repeat every single time I add someone on any of my toons? How convenient.

Legohaiden
10-11-2010, 09:23 AM
In Soviet Russia... Game plays You!

RTN
10-11-2010, 09:25 AM
/not signed

What if you don't want all of your characters known to everyone who lists one of your characters as a friend, something you have no control over?

Ethiel
10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
What the OP is wanting is a way to link all of one person's toons to his friends list.

I.E. I add person X on toon Y
Person X also has toon A
If I want to see if he is on either toon I have to add both A and Y, not just person X and get all the related characters.

I personally wouldn't see a problem with this as long I can opt a toon out of the linkage, as I sometimes don't want anyone to know that I am online...(I get antisocial yet still want to game)

as for the second option brought forth, if I add someone to one toon all my toons get auto updated friends lists.....that would be freaking amazing.

DragonMageT
10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Do this for every single toon? And then rinse and repeat every single time I add someone on any of my toons? How convenient.

Yes and Yes or just add them manually.

I didn't say it was the best possible solution, just a solution (currently).

I understood what the OP was wanting (which doesn't exist today) and others will have objections to a master friends list.

deathtouch
10-11-2010, 10:02 AM

Your friends list has a maximum/minimum, I also use my friends list for my DNG list also...sometimes you dont have enough space.

KillEveryone
10-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Friends list needs to be larger.

I wouldn't mind being able to link a friend's aults. Have their main that you know them as and after that their aults with the character they are currently playing with highlighted.

This should also allow the friend to opt in to such a linking. If you add a ault of theirs, add that name after their main but again, give that person the option to friend all or just that particular character.

I wouldn't mind having a separate list from my friend's list as a DNG list. I don't like having to use my friends list as a DNG list but it is the most effective way to keep track.

Baal222
07-05-2013, 02:24 AM
/not signed

What if you don't want all of your characters known to everyone who lists one of your characters as a friend, something you have no control over?

Ff you don't want your friends to know you're on an alt, odds are they're not you're friend.

Tscheuss
07-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Ff you don't want your friends to know you're on an alt, odds are they're not you're friend.

Exactly the point. You have no control over whether someone puts your toon on their list. The OP's suggestion would facilitate stalking.

RD2play
07-05-2013, 04:42 AM
Exactly the point. You have no control over whether someone puts your toon on their list. The OP's suggestion would facilitate stalking.

This could be fixed by making the 2nd party agree to be on your list. confirmation request ....

/signed, make the friends list account based !