PDA

View Full Version : alt tags

phillymiket
10-11-2010, 08:29 AM
I wonder how tough it would be to have your alts tagged in guild with a number.

Leader (and all his/her alts) is 1
Next to join (and all alts) is 2
and so on and so on.

I have so much trouble remembering who is who. That would help me ID who the person on-line really is.

Is it just me? Am I getting too old? Too many Grateful Dead shows? Too many blows to the head?

dunklezhan
10-11-2010, 08:34 AM
What you want is something similar to the Identity2 add on from The Other MMO

this allowed you to set who your 'main' is, so that any channel you posted in would show "[current character]: [main] hi!" instead of "[current character]: hi!"

It was absolutely fantastic in large guilds where everyone had lots of alts.

E.g. every time I logged on it would default to "[current character]:[Borys]" So everyone in the guild new that I was "Borys". A guild leader could set it to be '[current character]: [Glorious Leader]" or whatever.

Edit: Of course, now I'm going to garner massive amounts of neg rep for daring to suggest that The Other MMO has any worthwhile features, but I would point out that the feature was not one of The Other MMO but instead a player-generated Add-on which had no in-game benefit except improving communication.

Rubiconn
10-11-2010, 08:35 AM
This would be troubling for guilds that have a lot of members, better to put in paranthesis the name of the main i.e. Xirthax (Xirth, Xiifiiv). Seems simple enough but if you add toons and they are not in the guild where do they get listed etc, seems to be more trouble than its worth.

Zeddyfree
10-11-2010, 08:38 AM
I actually would prefer if joining guilds is account based not character based.

If renown decay was account based, and not character based, it would solve a lot of problems.
Now many of our guild members hassel around with their alts, making sure lesser played ones don't take down the renown. New alts have te be recruited, and officers have to choose which alts to become officers, etc.

Are there many players that have alts in different guilds?

Another option would be that new alts automatically join the guild of the player, unless otherwise specified, although this might be harder to implement.

Rubiconn
10-11-2010, 09:06 AM

If renown decay was account based, and not character based, it would solve a lot of problems.
Now many of our guild members hassel around with their alts, making sure lesser played ones don't take down the renown. New alts have te be recruited, and officers have to choose which alts to become officers, etc.

Another option would be that new alts automatically join the guild of the player, unless otherwise specified, although this might be harder to implement.

Guild renown decay is account based as far as Im told.

I have toons in 2 guilds currently , been in as many as 4 at a time. You want to run with different people, try different things i.e. permadeth, gimp etc.

I dont want a new toon I create to automatically be in any guild, I want some time to decide if I want to keep the toon due to an odd build or Im just trying something out.

KillEveryone
10-11-2010, 10:22 AM

Guild renown decay is account based as far as Im told.

I think it is still not quite working right but should be fixed in the next update.

If they did fix it then the guild I'm in needs to get all their inactive members to log and cycle through their aults to get the system to recognize them as all on one account.

I would like to see some way to identify the members and their aults. I have several and people have asked who I am. Same with others that have several aults and I've asked who they were.

We also really need to get the guild heirarchy set better. Leader, officers, and members really isn't sufficient.