PDA

View Full Version : Restless Isles buff

DrNuegebauer
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
It might just be my experience, but it seems to me that the Restless Isles is not the hot holiday destination it once was.

Suggestion:
Raise the quest levels in the RI pack to 15-16.

It shouldn't be that hard to buff the named loot a bit; shouldn't be terrible hard to code the varieties of monsters to be a few levels tougher; and it would certainly provide a few more quests in the horrible level 15 range. (3 if pre-flagging quest became a level 15 quest too?)

I know we all want new content, don't get me wrong, I do too! But giving something old a bit of new life wouldn't hurt would it?

It'd be nice to have a few more reasons than Chattering/ 7-fingered to go to the Restless Isles for!

Entelech
10-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Actually, the reason the Restless Isles is avoided is because the named loot drop rates in the Titan raid are horrific.

They're nowhere near the 1 in 6 rates they're supposed to be. In fact, if the last 6 times I have run it are an indication, they're 0 in 12.

Cholera
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Actually, the reason the Restless Isles is avoided is because the named loot drop rates in the Titan raid are horrific.

They're nowhere near the 1 in 6 rates they're supposed to be. In fact, if the last 6 times I have run it are an indication, they're 0 in 12.

Yep, Ive probably done it five times in the last two years and each time was a shut out. Nothing at all - for anyone. I used to run it a lot back when it came out and the drop rate was significantly higher. No idea why they changed it but it's just not worth it now.

If theyre going to impose such a tedious pre-raid, they ought to at least up the drop rate a smidge. If they dont we'll eventually run out of people that know how to run it - then itll be back to trying to figure out why the pillars are targetable and hiding in the back like idiots with the WF spawn.

AZgreentea
10-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I would much rather have content designed for that level, than have something jury rigged for it. It tends to be much cleaner and polished that way.

Paiz has already said that content for the 12-20 range is being built, in order to keep up with the progress of the F2P influx. He must have had me in mind, since my highest character is lvl 13. :D