PDA

View Full Version : Don't make chatting in general tab default to general chat

Pugsley
10-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Simply because I often forget that I'm on the general tab and not the party tab, and say something meant for my party to the whole zone. Make me type /gen or something to use the channel.

Lithic
10-10-2010, 04:32 PM
You can change what chat it defaults to. Right click on the word "General" and choose "Outgoing", and select a different one.

Vellrad
10-10-2010, 04:33 PM
/not signed

Just set you outcoming text type to party or don't forget about adding /p before text. You can also disable general chat in privae instances, so you won't see and won't be able to wirte in general while you're in quest.
When you will say in wrong channel, you can quickly hit following keys:
enter
up arrow
home
/
p
enter
and yor party will receive your message.

Hope it will hepl :)

MeliCat
10-10-2010, 04:37 PM
that's mean to new players.new players don't know. they type in general because they can see other people typing in general and that's an easiest way to start.

default to party and they're not in party and they get errors and won't see anyone else. very isolating.

why are you in your general chat window anyway? i am almost always in my party, guild or chat channel windows (i set them up party, guild, general, chat in that order. combat popped out separately). everything i don't care about goes in general (say, standard, loot, etc) and about the only time i go in there is to check quest timers or completions and occasionally loot.