PDA

View Full Version : Favor unlocks for race and class

Baervan
10-10-2010, 12:24 PM
The new races that are about to be released had me thinking about the favor unlocks at 400 and 2500. Isn't it time to let the player pick which race or class they could unlock at these levels?

At 400, I'd like to see the F2P or Premium player be able to choose their server unlocked race from between Drow, Warforged, Half-Orc and Half-elf. It would add more race variety and make that level actually more exciting to achieve.

The same goes for the 2500 server unlock of Favored Soul...why not let the player choose between either the Favored Soul or Monk?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Well if you allowed that at 400 no one would take Drow in their right mind and they would basically just be reducing their sales of WF/Half Orc.

Baervan
10-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Not necessarily. The Drow would still be a good choice for casters and rogues. :)

Also keep in mind that the 400 favor race unlock is applied only to one server. If a player enjoyed playing that new unlocked race on his/her main server then they might actually be more inclined to buy the unlock for all servers.

CrescentCalling_5
10-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Not necessarily. The Drow would still be a good choice for casters and rogues. :)

but not nearly good enough of a choice to pick over WF or Half-Orc.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-10-2010, 12:35 PM

Halfling is generally the best choice for rogues. Drow are a close second, not far ahead of human. They wouldn't be worth paying a penny for.

Casters drow are generally a bad choice (spoken as someone with a drow sorc from way back when before the game changed). I assume by caster you mean wiz/sorc, if so, WF are the first choice for a Wiz hands down. You give up 1 DC in exchange for self healing, more HP, and built in immunities. For a Sorc, either WF (2 DC but otherwise per Wiz) or Human (potentially no DC loss, 1 DC at most, extra feat, higher HP). For battle casters Half Orc would seem to be another interesting way to go now.

Really drow are kind of a failed race in this game at this point, except for flavor.

Rubiconn
10-10-2010, 12:36 PM
The idea is good but perhaps I have a better tweak.

Leave the unlock at 400 for drow, 1000 for veteran, 1750 for 32 pt.

The first toon to 2500 you get a choice to unlock Favored Soul, Monk, Half Orc, Half Elf or WF
Take another toon or a TR to 2500 you get a choice of the others you didnt select
And you keep going
Get a 5 toons to 2500 you have unlocked it all.

It may be a grind but we all must have goals.