PDA

View Full Version : Poor box

Mikula
10-09-2010, 09:03 PM
This is just a random thought that passed through my head while playing today.
I like being charitable with my wealth and every so often I return to noob isle in order to give 10k to some lucky "noob" unfortunately I never know if they really are a noobs or not so I don't do this that often. I was thinking a great way to encourage giving and help out new player would to have a silver flame run poor box.

People drop coins in get 10 min version of the airship silver flame buff or a small heal skill bonus or something, I'm thinking a Tag Hardcastle quality buff here. Once a week players new to the server can go to the box and take out a percentage of the total contents. I figure we don't want newbs able to suddenly become billionaires and flinging money around so put a cap on the total amount of money they can get. I'd go with 5k or less personally if they are getting it once a week.

Veileira
10-09-2010, 09:11 PM
That would just encourage neer-do-well down on their luck adventurers to hit the box once a week instead of going out and doing the real work of adventuring!

There must be a balance between giving someone a silver spoon and discouraging that sort of laziness.

Adventuring is tough work. If newbies can't hack it, they should go back to WOW or go try Hello Kitty.

/socialcommentarysarcasm off

Veileira
10-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Oh I killed the thread sorry. :(

Thought it was a cool idea!