PDA

View Full Version : Large Devil Scales

Xeraphim
10-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Please start selling these in the Turbine Store. I've not pulled one in 10 months and the playerbase has them priced as the single most expensive non-epic item in the game.

Irinis
10-08-2010, 12:11 PM
10 months of at least 2x/week raiding? Ouch.

Merlocke
10-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Please sell Epic shards seals and scrolls too.....oh and +4 tomes.

MarkusWolfe
10-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Please start selling these in the Turbine Store. I've not pulled one in 10 months and the playerbase has them priced as the single most expensive non-epic item in the game.

/not signed

You should have pulled many spare large ingredients by now. Sell/trade them in order to obtain the Large Devil Scales you need.

articwarrior
10-08-2010, 12:15 PM
that's some pretty bad luck, if you get red scales, I'm sure someone would buy it off you for their devil scales. I think I've gone through about at least 20 scales crafting and about 5 of them were farmed by me, that was only in like 2 months lol

Thrudh
10-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I've seen 1 large scale in the last 50 runs....

But before this drought happened, I pulled like 8 in 10 runs, so I'm forcing myself to be patient and not throw my monitor out the window when I pull yet another large bone from Part 5

RTN
10-08-2010, 12:20 PM
/not signed

Things like large ingredients should never be in the store.

Schmoe
10-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I've seen 1 large scale in the last 50 runs....

But before this drought happened, I pulled like 8 in 10 runs, so I'm forcing myself to be patient and not throw my monitor out the window when I pull yet another large bone from Part 5

I haven't seen a large bone in months! But I've got shrapnel and chains coming out the wazzoo. :/

I guess random is random.

Note to self: That didn't sound quite right

Xeraphim
10-08-2010, 12:23 PM
10 months of at least 2x/week raiding? Ouch.

2x?

more like 8x.

4 chars on rotation, 6 more for B-string.

I really have no idea how much I have done it due to the recent loss of my wife clouding my memory. I do know that I am keeping 3 chars on timer consistently and doing it 2x/week with another.

Renvar
10-08-2010, 12:24 PM

Not exactly.

Bloodstones, Spectral Gloves, Boots of the Innocent, Spell Storing Rings, Jorgundal's Collar, Ring of Ancestors, Eye of Kardin, Beholder Eye Optics etc...

Lots of non-epic items trade at more than the typical large scales price.

How many Shroud runs have you made in 10 months? You statement only holds value if you run it weekly or more. I've gone 20 runs without pulling one before. The drop rate is not as high as on the other items, hence the price.

Should every ingredient (Small, medium, large) be in the DDO store? What bout the Signet Stone pie pieces? And the Vale ingredients. Maybe I can buy some TP and get everything I need to craft a TIer III GS item on my Guild Airship at level 11 and never have to step foot in the shroud.

/Not Signed.

Too great an impact on the economy, in game power creep.

Xeraphim
10-08-2010, 12:27 PM
/not signed

You should have pulled many spare large ingredients by now. Sell/trade them in order to obtain the Large Devil Scales you need.

The going rate is 1-2 of all types for 1 scale.

1 Bone, Chain, Arrow, Stone, Shrapnel, Energy Cell - all for 1 scale, and that's a low bid.

I suppose it may be time to start farming chests that never drop anything again.

Bloodstone Chest Runs: 1296. Bloodstones: 1. << Example.

flynnjsw
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
/not signed

Greensteel is OP as it is, don't make it worse by allowing people to buy large ingredients in the store.

flynnjsw
10-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I haven't seen a large bone in months! But I've got shrapnel and chains coming out the wazzoo. :/

No, no it did not.
/forestgump That's all I have to say about that /forestgump

SaisMatters
10-08-2010, 12:30 PM
/not signed
I pull a large scale a week, if not more. Try building more toons to cycle through the shroud. If you have a minimum of three toons running through you'll gather ingredients quickly.

Xeraphim
10-08-2010, 12:32 PM
/not signed
I pull a large scale a week, if not more. Try building more toons to cycle through the shroud. If you have a minimum of three toons running through you'll gather ingredients quickly.

You did not read the thread before posting.

Xeraphim
10-08-2010, 12:34 PM
/not signed

Greensteel is OP as it is, don't make it worse by allowing people to buy large ingredients in the store.

I propose only 1(ONE) ingredient to be sold in the Turbine Store and you oppose something related, but different, which would be selling all ingredients.

I oppose selling all larges in the store. I propose only Large Devil Scales.

Deathseeker
10-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Are you running multiple toons through, each to completion?

Or are you running it multiple times on one toon, with a ddoor at the end?

If you are relying on the chest in part 4, that's a pretty painful way to go for scales long term. If you are on one toon, running it twice a week could make it painful when you hit the inevitable "dry spell" of not pulling scales.

I cycled 4 to 5 toons on timer for a long time earlier this year. I went almost a month with no scales. Then bang, pulled about 8 in a 10 day period. Then it got back to normal. Eventually I got bored with it and just went to farming other items and trading for em.

It's streaky, just like anything that's random. Best bet is if you are tired of that particular grind, go farm something else for a while that you find fun, and trade for them. One good epic scroll can net you a lot of scales in trade if you get a decent one.

As far as selling them in the store, that would be horrible...just horrible.

Xeraphim
10-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Are you running multiple toons through, each to completion?

Yes.

8+ completions a week.

Xeraphim
10-08-2010, 12:37 PM
One good epic scroll can net you a lot of scales in trade if you get a decent one.

I'd like to see a list of scrolls that would net scales in exchange. In fact, it may become a guide for the player marketplace.

Before I go doing certain Epics, I need scales to outfit a few characters for that level of difficulty.

Bobthesponge
10-08-2010, 12:38 PM
/not signed

scales are supposed to be hard to get. otherwise tier III GS would be even more omnipresent.

as for not pulling in 10 monthe with 8 runs/week? i call BS on that. OP, you are either the most spectacularly unlucky person in DDO (which may be true - every bell curve has small ends) or have greatly overstated your case. i average a scale about 1 in every 10 runs and that seems to be consistent across the server based on my highly unscientfic poll.

Note: per your example, bloodstones, spectral gloves, torqs, ect are ALSO supposed to be rare. please don't ask for them to be sold or given away as well.

SaisMatters
10-08-2010, 12:43 PM
You did not read the thread before posting.

no I read your OP not the rest of your whining. Scales are not as rare as your making out. You have a dozen options to get them. Try Amrath, they drop there too. Try trading other ingredients for Scales. If your running as many as you say you are you should have lots to trade for. Farm Bloodstones and Rings of Ancestors and other rare items for Scales. and last but not least suck it up and buy them off the AH. What other reason do you need platt for?
Hitting the easy button constantly and selling it in the store is a game breaking idea.

Emili
10-08-2010, 12:43 PM
/not signed

There is a reason ingredients are set to drop at an uneven pace, had you thought about it.

... and this comming from someone with over

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/bflat01/DDo/LargChains.jpg

flynnjsw
10-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I propose only 1(ONE) ingredient to be sold in the Turbine Store and you oppose something related, but different, which would be selling all ingredients.

I oppose selling all larges in the store. I propose only Large Devil Scales.

No, see, I oppose selling ANY Larges in the store, regardless of which one it was.

Khurse
10-08-2010, 12:45 PM
/not signed.

No larges in the store please.

Deathseeker
10-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I'd like to see a list of scrolls that would net scales in exchange. In fact, it may become a guide for the player marketplace.

Before I go doing certain Epics, I need scales to outfit a few characters for that level of difficulty.

Gloves of the Claw
Chaosblade
Lion Hearted Belt Buckle
Marilith Chain (more scales than you could ever want)
Green Blade
Dustless Boot
Sword of Shadows
Spectral Gloves
Torq
etc, etc, etc

Of course these aren't exactly easy to pull. But on the other hand, some of them can net you a boatload of scales. Many of the "medium" scrolls not listed here can get you a scale or two in trade as well if someone needs it and you have it.

Additionally, if you run epic, and get a shard/seal that someone in the party wants, you can offer to trade in the chest for 1 or many scales (depending on the item) and tons of people would be thrilled. Of course you may get the whole "why didnt you put it up for roll" junk, but your loot is your loot and most are excited to have an opportunity to trade for the goodies.

Bottom line...if the loot gods aren't cooperating, go into trade mode to get what you want (doesn't have to be epic stuff either) and it eases the log jam.

finalf18
10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Not to hijack your thread to bad, but how would you feel about an alternative proposal that would place a vendor at the end of parts 1, 3, 5 that would allow someone to trade in three of one type of ingredient for any one of the same size (alternatively a new recipe for the crafting alters). That was if someone is having a run of bad luck, such as you, they could crunch the ones they have for the ones they don't have (similar to giandhold relics).

Unlike Reavers though, I would not recommend allowing users to grind three smalls into a medium or three mediums into a large. As that would seem to be to unbalancing and people would only farm parts 1-3.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't think they should sell larges...but small shards... those I'd buy lol

Deathseeker
10-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I don't think they should sell larges...but small shards... those I'd buy lol

This to me is a bit more of a realistic discussion, because they are bound and it wouldn't effect the economy. Im still not really keen on it, but I think this is more of an interesting idea...

PopeJual
10-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes.

8+ completions a week.

I attempt to disbelieve.

[DM rolls behind a screen.]

SUCCESS!

grodon9999
10-08-2010, 01:02 PM
A better idea would be like that dude in Gianthold that will trade you 3 for 1 or any ingredient.

grodon9999
10-08-2010, 01:03 PM
/not signed

There is a reason ingredients are set to drop at an uneven pace, had you thought about it.

And what would that reason be?

Thriand
10-08-2010, 01:04 PM
LOL you honestly expect us to believe you do 8+ completions a week and haven't pulled a single scale in 10 months?

The droprate is fine, and they definitely shouldn't be sold in the DDO store.

flynnjsw
10-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Not to hijack your thread to bad, but how would you feel about an alternative proposal that would place a vendor at the end of parts 1, 3, 5 that would allow someone to trade in three of one type of ingredient for any one of the same size (alternatively a new recipe for the crafting alters). That was if someone is having a run of bad luck, such as you, they could crunch the ones they have for the ones they don't have (similar to giandhold relics).

Unlike Reavers though, I would not recommend allowing users to grind three smalls into a medium or three mediums into a large. As that would seem to be to unbalancing and people would only farm parts 1-3.

The GH relics are only for being able to run Tor though, not to create very powerful weapons. Random is random, it sucks to have bad loot luck. Scales is what is keeping me from my Tier3 LIT2 Falchion, and I still don't want to see this or any other way to make it easier.

finalf18
10-08-2010, 01:05 PM
A better idea would be like that dude in Gianthold that will trade you 3 for 1 or any ingredient.

Ha, beat you to it. See post 26.

All in favor say "I".

96th_Malice
10-08-2010, 01:07 PM

I am calling "fiction" on this one !!

:)

PS: Dont put them in the Turbine store .... cause then desperate people stop giving me awesome stuff for them lol !!

PSS: I would almost classify Large Scales as an epic item however !!

Samiusbot
10-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Sell them all. But they are BtC and only one at a time.

I have often found myself 1 piece short when crafting having left that last large in the bank/mail box or miss-clicked and made a wrong manufactured and not being able to fix it.

Missing 2 or more then I can handle coming back. But 1 short, as I am crafting, gets under my skin and makes me want to kick myself.

finalf18
10-08-2010, 01:18 PM
The GH relics are only for being able to run Tor though, not to create very powerful weapons. Random is random, it sucks to have bad loot luck. Scales is what is keeping me from my Tier3 LIT2 Falchion, and I still don't want to see this or any other way to make it easier.

Not so much easier as more formalizing the currrent trade mechanisms that are employed in game already.

Example: 3 Stones to 1 Scale (Sure if one needed stones bad enough otherwise 2:1 is standard)
3 Shrap/Arrow to 1 Scale (I have done this before as I tend to have very bad luck pulling those two)
3 Chain/Bone to 1 Scale (Ok you got me here but two out of three examples isn't bad)

For all the other combinations (other then 3 Bones -> something else) it would not be a bad trade for either party if done with a real person.

MsEricka
10-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I also call BS. I do 8 completions a week as well (Wednesdays and Sundays) and on average I pull 3 large scales a week. Sure I've seen a week go by with no large scales, but I've also had a week where I've pulled 5.

I suppose you could be the worlds unluckiest toon, but if so then it's time for a reroll/reincarnate. There was a thread _somewhere_ (and I wish I could find it) from a developer that stated that when a character is rolled, there is a something like a luck roll that is made in regards to loot. So yes, rerolling or reincarnating could actually help your situation.

As a note, does anyone have a link to that particular post?

Missing_Minds
10-08-2010, 01:27 PM
scales are supposed to be hard to get. otherwise tier III GS would be even more omnipresent.

Who told you that load of horse excrement? A scale is supposed to be as hard to get as bone, shrapnel, etc.

What is supposed to be more difficult to get are horns, yet I pull horns a lot more often than I pull scales.

TheDearLeader
10-08-2010, 01:28 PM
The heart of the argument here is that there is an item, which is in high demand. It is in high demand because,

despite Devs stating that the drop rate of all the Smalls/Mediums/Larges are even, scales are difficult.
Also, someone on these fancy forums did a breakdown of every Green Steel item that could be crafted (Single and Dual Shard @ Tier III) and concluded that Large Scales were of the highest necessity in these formulas.

I feel the OP's pain. Getting a Large Scale almost seems like sex with a new girlfriend - it takes lots of time and work, some dates before she'll even let you get to second base, but after that first time it'll happen all the time.

My first Shroud-flagged toon ran 15 Completions, and Sovereign Host only knows how many Part 1-4 Farms, before he got his very first scale. And actually, by that point? I'd bought a scale, or maybe traded one to someone when Icy Burst recipes were still in high demand because no one had ski skills and hadn't learned to do the House P cheat yet.

After that? Sure, now I pull them all the time. But the very first scale took so long to pull that I had enough "clout" with in-game economy to start getting them from methods OTHER than doing the quest - which seems odd. Doing the quest/raid, especially ad nausea, should net us what we're looking for in a reasonable amount of time.

And yes, there is Amrath. However, getting a Large Scale out of there is also a shot in the dark. I've seen one in a New Invasion chest, one in the Sully Chest of ToD. But, then again, the Devils of Shavarrath is my favorite content pack, so I tend to run that stuff often.

Xeraphim
10-08-2010, 01:47 PM
/not signed

lol you win, grindaholic :p

Seriously, there needs to be a mechanism of exchange for this random system. That, or a direct solution as requested.

Xeraphim
10-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I also call BS

You would call BS all day long until it happened to you.

Learn to accept that some things just happen.

Yes, I do a lot of Shrouds. I get a lot of Arrows, Bones and Shrapnel. Chains make their way in there, as do Stones. Scales? Not a single large.

I really feel for Emili though, I don't Shroud 30x a week or I'd probably have a similar screenshot.

____________ _____________________ ______________ ________ _________________ _________

Bascially, the Random Drop Ingredient System without a mitigator for unbalanced die rolls is broken. The player economy is cruel in this case, and causes unneccessary duress(it's a game, it's supposed to be a vent for frustration, not the cause of it!). Something needs done at the Developer level, and soon.

/thread.

PopeJual
10-08-2010, 01:56 PM

Yes, I do a lot of Shrouds. I get a lot of Arrows, Bones and Shrapnel. Chains make their way in there, as do Stones. Scales? Not a single large.

(10 months * 4 weeks per month + 3 "bonus" weeks) * 8 raids per week = 344 raid completions

I'll be generous and assume a 25% chance of an ingredient on the Part IV chest, so that's 430 ingredients in the past 10 months.

If scales drop 1/2 as often as other ingredients, you're looking at a (5/5.5)^430 chance of your statement being inaccurate. Converting to percentage, that's a 99.99999999999999984% chance that your statement is inaccurate.

If you're going to say things on the internet, please try to make them plausable.

Edit: Developers have said that Scales drop at the same rate as other ingredients. I used 1/2 as often as other ingredients in my formula in order to make sure that my formula favored you as much as possible.

flynnjsw
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM

I really feel for Emili though, I don't Shroud 30x a week or I'd probably have a similar screenshot.

____________ _____________________ ______________ ________ _________________ _________

Bascially, the Random Drop Ingredient System without a mitigator for unbalanced die rolls is broken. The player economy is cruel in this case, and causes unneccessary duress(it's a game, it's supposed to be a vent for frustration, not the cause of it!). Something needs done at the Developer level, and soon.

/thread.

Well, first off, no something doesn't "have" to be done. Something you ant doesn't equal "having" to be done. You either accept it or you don't. Like I said, I am unlucky when it comes to scales, and I still don't want this.

As far as Emili goes, look at her start date. There are people all over the game that are the same way because they run all their alts thourgh Shroud as soon as they are off timer, and Emili has a bunch (of course the only reason I know this is because she is my Guild Leader.

Actually that brings me to another point, hook up with friends and/or guildies that may have better luck than you and see if they will trade for lower than AH prices.

TheDearLeader
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Perhaps asking for store sales isn't the right tactic.

But perhaps asking for a higher drop rate of scales is?

Or, as people have been discussing incentivizing the running of different quests and raids on Hard/Elite, maybe that barrier needs to start having more chests behind it when part 5 is completed?

2 on Normal
3 on Hard
4 on Elite?

PUG Shrouds will still probably do their thing, but Guild Elite Shrouds will at least have a better side effect than simply increased renown collection.

Or perhaps the droprates of the existing two chests in part 5 just get tweaked, so there's a better chance of multiple larges dropping. On Higher Difficulties, that is.

Schmoe
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Seriously, there needs to be a mechanism of exchange for this random system.

Sometimes, in idle moments of fancy, I like to think that might be called "The Auction House."

:rolleyes:

PopeJual
10-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Or perhaps the droprates of the existing two chests in part 5 just get tweaked, so there's a better chance of multiple larges dropping. On Higher Difficulties, that is.

I know I'd be running a bunch of Elite shrouds if they started dropping small shards more frequently on Elite.

SINIBYTE
10-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I haven't seen a large bone in months!

Careful what you ask for, Schmoe. ;)

ArloOne
10-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Wait a minute....

Just a couple of things...

Have you tried diplomacy on any of the chests on part 4 / 5. And of course...be sure to have someone with a +1 loot potion open the chest first. I would also recommend jump humpin' the chest before opening...but I believe that is a ban-able offense now..so do it at your own risk!

TheDearLeader
10-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I know I'd be running a bunch of Elite shrouds if they started dropping small shards more frequently on Elite.

Meh...

Yeah, it'd be nice. However, Part 1 on Elite is so close to Part 1 on Normal that I'd expect to see a lot more "Farming Part 1 Elite Only" LFMs going up.

I could only reconcile myself supporting changing the drop rates/chest numbers after the part 5 barrier comes down, therefore completing the quest and putting someone on timer. Just to prevent abuse of the system.

greenthumb
10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I must call BS on this. 8X runs a week for 10 months is 320 runs and no scales. Either you have the worst luck in the world or your number of completions is inflated and the length of time not pulling a scale. I have 4 toons running shroud and pull a scale or 2 a week, if i keep them on timer.

I would never ever want to see large ingredients in the store, turbine has already dumbed this game down for the f2p'ers and made it very hard to find quality group as compared to before f2p. larges in the store means less play time to gather ingredients and learn.

Just my 2 coppers, oh what can i buy for 2 coppers....any sales turbine?

helicalius
10-08-2010, 05:03 PM
i have a better idea, instead of selling large devil scales in the store. it would be even better if they sold the supreme greensteel final stage complete weapon in the store. i mean who the hell needs those +1 maces of acid they currently sell? if ddo would want to make reall money the would sell greensteel weapons fresh from the armory!

daniel7
10-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Raid loot or the means to obtain raid loot should never be available in the DDO store.

PopeJual
10-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Meh...

Yeah, it'd be nice. However, Part 1 on Elite is so close to Part 1 on Normal that I'd expect to see a lot more "Farming Part 1 Elite Only" LFMs going up.

I could only reconcile myself supporting changing the drop rates/chest numbers after the part 5 barrier comes down, therefore completing the quest and putting someone on timer. Just to prevent abuse of the system.

I agree with this. I also think it would be silly to put an extra Part-I chest behind the part-V barrier, so I have a quandry. :)

Uska
10-08-2010, 08:26 PM
No we have gone far enough down that slippery slope already.

Noctus
10-08-2010, 11:34 PM

/signed.

Also please sell epic ingredients, past live feats and Completionist in the DDO store. - And we definitely need a level potion, drink --> +1 level, as XP pots are too slow.

/not. sarcasm off

/ totally not signed! :eek:

JohnWarlock
10-08-2010, 11:52 PM

The doctors said you needed SOME iron in your diet, I think you went over the limit.

JohnWarlock
10-09-2010, 12:07 AM
I am sorry to burst your bubble but those that believe the loot system is totally random are completely wrong. As seen by different cases in the game/forums.

I've been in a OOB run with a friend that has done at least 100 runs and never pulled a pair of spectral gloves, yes the guy they where running it for, pulled 2 pair in the same run.

Give you a better example. My GF has wanted a pair of Titan's Glove for her ONLY melee character. So far in over 60 runs not one pair has dropped. Mind you actually that it has been full groups and every person was in there with the purpose to help her get the gloves. That's 360 pulls any nothing. I've done over 500 and only saw the pair pulled 3 times. Sadly none with my gf in the group.

The randomness of the loots may be called random, but is in no way random. I am lucky when it comes to ingredients. I don't shroud often and I am back to 7 scales / 7 stones plus assorted ingredients. On the other hand in less than 3 months of actual playing my gf has obtained more tomes than I have in 4 years.

Random? Maybe, equal opportunity, I think not.

PopeJual
10-09-2010, 06:57 AM
I am sorry to burst your bubble but those that believe the loot system is totally random are completely wrong. As seen by different cases in the game/forums.

I've been in a OOB run with a friend that has done at least 100 runs and never pulled a pair of spectral gloves, yes the guy they where running it for, pulled 2 pair in the same run.

Give you a better example. My GF has wanted a pair of Titan's Glove for her ONLY melee character. So far in over 60 runs not one pair has dropped. Mind you actually that it has been full groups and every person was in there with the purpose to help her get the gloves. That's 360 pulls any nothing. I've done over 500 and only saw the pair pulled 3 times. Sadly none with my gf in the group.

The randomness of the loots may be called random, but is in no way random. I am lucky when it comes to ingredients. I don't shroud often and I am back to 7 scales / 7 stones plus assorted ingredients. On the other hand in less than 3 months of actual playing my gf has obtained more tomes than I have in 4 years.

Random? Maybe, equal opportunity, I think not.

It is entirely possible that a bug exists which has an effect on people's loot pulls. Anecdotal evidence does not prove or disprove this in any way, however.

Yuo can't get much more random than the state lotteries, but I have never won more than $2 on a state lottery while a couple of people have hit the jackpot for millions of dollars more than once.

"Unfair" results can and do occur with random events even when that event has exactly equal opportunity for each result.

h4x0r1f1c
10-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Please sell Epic shards seals and scrolls too.....oh and +4 tomes.

/signed and make them unbound too.

Noctus
10-09-2010, 11:08 AM
(10 months * 4 weeks per month + 3 "bonus" weeks) * 8 raids per week = 344 raid completions

I'll be generous and assume a 25% chance of an ingredient on the Part IV chest, so that's 430 ingredients in the past 10 months.

If scales drop 1/2 as often as other ingredients, you're looking at a (5/5.5)^430 chance of your statement being inaccurate. Converting to percentage, that's a 99.99999999999999984% chance that your statement is inaccurate.

If you're going to say things on the internet, please try to make them plausable.

Edit: Developers have said that Scales drop at the same rate as other ingredients. I used 1/2 as often as other ingredients in my formula in order to make sure that my formula favored you as much as possible.

Part 4 drops a large ingredient 50% of the time. - And scales drop as likely as any other kind of ingredient.

Its that they are used more often in the popular recipes, what makes them so "rare". So its even more unlikel than calculated here.

Fecerak
10-09-2010, 11:29 AM
/signed and make them unbound too.

And ML 0 when we are at it, so you can use them before you create your character for the extra skill points.

/not signed

PopeJual
10-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Part 4 drops a large ingredient 50% of the time. - And scales drop as likely as any other kind of ingredient.

Its that they are used more often in the popular recipes, what makes them so "rare". So its even more unlikel than calculated here.

I agree 100%. I was just trying to make my numbers as Xeraphim-friendly as possible. I still ended up with a 99.99999999999999984% chance of Xeraphim's assertion being incorrect. I come out with a (1-1.4x10^41) chance of Xeraphim's assertion being incorrect when I use the actual correct numbers. :)

It's absolutely possible that Xeraphim isn't lying. He might just be confused and forgetful instead.