PDA

View Full Version : Confirm delete option for mailbox

Batallia
10-07-2010, 04:43 PM
I would like to see the addition of a confirm mass delete to our mailbox feature. As a new player with less than a year I've made a grevious error and accidently deleted ALL my mail. This is unfortunate because I had just been mailed approx 20 large mats for my first GS item and have been told they are unrecoverable. I must admit though stupid on my part to have hit this button, I find it even more troubling that a simple confirm delete was not included as an added layer of protection for newbs like myself.

Impaqt
10-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I would like to see the addition of a confirm mass delete to our mailbox feature. As a new player with less than a year I've made a grevious error and accidently deleted ALL my mail. This is unfortunate because I had just been mailed approx 20 large mats for my first GS item and have been told they are unrecoverable. I must admit though stupid on my part to have hit this button, I find it even more troubling that a simple confirm delete was not included as an added layer of protection for newbs like myself.

We dont even have a "Delete" all for our COnfirmed box nor do we even ahva a "Respond" button.....

THe in game mail system pretty much sucks. Missing a lot of basic necessities.

Batallia
10-11-2010, 05:57 AM

Bump... Honestly almost quit the game over this issue.

dunklezhan
10-11-2010, 06:06 AM
Bump... Honestly almost quit the game over this issue.

Fingers crossed for U7 to fix this issue since it seems to be a UI issue which apparently they're revamping completely.

Apparentlty.

There are many 'missing' features from this game, including many that are in LOTRO, a fact I find continually irritating given its the same company and same basic engine. I'll sign a general 'overhaul the mail system' suggestion. But I wouldn't want them to just change one thing. Like Impaqt says, the mail system generally sucks.

AZgreentea
10-11-2010, 07:22 AM
You can uncross your fingers, I dont think it will make it in.

I'm not sure that a confirm delete would be useful. You already cant delete a message with an attachment, right? Well, unless you let it sit there for 2 weeks. I cant think of any normal messages I get that would be worth keeping.

Forward and reply would be much more helpful.

dunklezhan
10-11-2010, 07:35 AM
You can uncross your fingers, I dont think it will make it in.

I'm not sure that a confirm delete would be useful. You already cant delete a message with an attachment, right? Well, unless you let it sit there for 2 weeks. I cant think of any normal messages I get that would be worth keeping.

Forward and reply would be much more helpful.

I more meant fingers crossed for them to revamp the mail system generally. But I also know that I haven't seen any such hints in the release notes for U7 on lammania, or anyone talking about it... so I'd guess not too.

Samadhi
10-11-2010, 07:37 AM
No.

Moreso, I desire that ALL current "confirmation" dialogs be removed from the game.

Thanks.

SteeleTrueheart
10-11-2010, 07:43 AM
I've made a grevious error and accidently deleted ALL my mail. This is unfortunate because I had just been mailed approx 20 large mats for my first GS item and have been told they are unrecoverable.

I believe you can not delete a mail that has an item or money attached, (personally tested) so it is unlikely you have deleted these larges. Can anyone confirm otherwise?

Darsith
10-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Just verified with a guildy using a mule... If a message comes across as unconfirmed you CAN delete a message with items attached (anything unconfirmed is auto flagged as spam).

Batallia
10-11-2010, 08:12 AM
I believe you can not delete a mail that has an item or money attached, (personally tested) so it is unlikely you have deleted these larges. Can anyone confirm otherwise?

I assure you I did in fact delete not only the larges but a duskheart and more items then I care to remember with the push of one button. Which I hit while trying to dbl click on unopened mail still in my box. Oh, and the majority hadn't been in my inbox for more then 5 days...

Ciaran
10-11-2010, 08:22 AM
We dont even have a "Delete" all for our COnfirmed box nor do we even ahva a "Respond" button.....

THe in game mail system pretty much sucks. Missing a lot of basic necessities.

Agreed - it's very bare bones. Better than nothing, but only just.

Khurse
10-11-2010, 08:27 AM
For confirmed mail
You can delete mail with items/plat attached, but there is a confirmation message.

For unconfirmed mail
You can delete all with confirmation message.

Still /not signed unless it's 2 minutes of work or less for the dev team.
Anyone on your friends list, guildies, or your own toons on that account are all flagged as confirmed I believe, so the work vs the rare occurrence when this happens wouldn't be worth the time imo.

Backley
10-11-2010, 09:36 AM
I've always gotten a confirmation box when using the Delete All on the Unconfirmed mail tab:
http://i56.tinypic.com/15meg6d.png

I think you probably clicked the Yes button as well. Not much more could be done here.

Sorry for your loss.

Falco_Easts
10-11-2010, 10:35 PM
/not signed. Would just become another box for people to click on without reading.