PDA

View Full Version : Arcanes with 130 hp ...

Bloodhaven
10-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Please if you intend to play DDO after level 10 you need to have some hit points.

Why am I seeing people with 130 Hp at level 15?

Less than 200 at level 20...

WHY?

Con is not a dump stat.

HP > SP If you are below 1 HP you cant cast :)

Any arcane can get to over 300 HP without any difficulty.

There are allot of ways to lose 150 HP in one shot.

Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP. <I may add this to my sig.>

It is a great investment.

P.S. I wish more new players used these forums.

Feylina
10-07-2010, 02:36 AM
lol while lvling my TR i ran into a caster with 60 hp and no fort in gianthold. 1 shot dings are funny.

Deaths_ward
10-07-2010, 02:39 AM
lol while lvling my TR i ran into a caster with 60 hp and no fort in gianthold. 1 shot dings are funny.

I prefer FoD'ing everything the Barbarian's running after for half the quest, listening to him b!tch and moan, and then letting something kill him, and listening to him b!tch and moan about how I didn't kill it.

Dandonk
"HP? I don't need HP, I stay in back and don't get" *ding*

"Fort? That's only for melees, I have displace" *ding*

Etc.

Bloodhaven
I dont group much when leveling my TR's.

For the most part I regret grouping when I do.

Bloodhaven
10-07-2010, 02:43 AM

There is the entertainment value.

However after you hear the same joke in the same quest 6+ times it can get old. :)

aristarchus1000
10-07-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm constantly telling new players to get more hitpoints.

I think it is because it is possible to avoid damage in the low level quests, such that casters start thinking they don't need hitpoints if they "play smart" and "stay behind the tanks."

Ran in a pug with a level 13 rogue in gianthold with 80 something hitpoints.

Also PUGged with a level 18 archer "ranger" with less than 200 hitpoints.

It's not just wizards.

Heronous
10-07-2010, 02:50 AM
I dont group much when leveling my TR's.

For the most part I regret grouping when I do.

This.

DrNuegebauer
10-07-2010, 02:50 AM
Toons who don't take toughness and have under 12 starting con should be really really thin and move half speed or something.

hdogan
10-07-2010, 08:08 AM
So,

Con is not a dump stat.

:D

blitzschlag
10-07-2010, 08:13 AM
There is the entertainment value.

However after you hear the same joke in the same quest 6+ times it can get old. :)

if you haven't learned to leave him in your backpack at the 2nd ding, the laugh is on you ;)

Fecerak
10-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Just for the awesomeness of it:

Elf Wizard 19/Monk 1
Stats:
10 Str
18 Dex
6 Con
18 Int
10 Wis
8 Cha

Go into Wind stance and talk about how epic you are before you get one-shotted by that pesky kobold because of that the melees didn't "do their job" lol

44 HP at 20 FTW :/

Seriously though, I have like 320ish hp on my 17 wiz with no shroud items (except the base unupgraded ones), no SFL, no special gear whatsoever except for like 2 pieces (which is bauble and the bracers of the glacier :P )

IT IS *NOT* THAT HARD (as in, getting the HP, not getting the raid gear lol :P ).

So go get your con items and start with a decent con wizzies. Con is never a dump stat, for any class/race WHATSOEVER, no matter the reason, and especially not the wizard which (together with the sorc) has the lowest base HP of all classes. If you want a game where you can play squishies like that, go play WoW and fail.

CON IS NOT A DUMP STAT

Lissyl
10-07-2010, 10:22 AM

Elf Wizard 19/Monk 1
Stats:
10 Str
18 Dex
6 Con
18 Int
10 Wis
8 Cha

Go into Wind stance and talk about how epic you are before you get one-shotted by that pesky kobold because of that the melees didn't "do their job" lol

Seriously though, I have like 320ish hp on my 17 wiz with no shroud items (except the base unupgraded ones), no SFL, no special gear whatsoever except for like 2 pieces (which is bauble and the bracers of the glacier :P )

IT IS *NOT* THAT HARD (as in, getting the HP, not getting the raid gear lol :P ).

So go get your con items and start with a decent con wizzies. Con is never a dump stat, for any class/race WHATSOEVER, no matter the reason, and especially not the wizard which (together with the sorc) has the lowest base HP of all classes. If you want a game where you can play squishies like that, go play WoW and fail.

CON IS NOT A DUMP STAT

I want to see the breakdown on those HP, that would probably help the people you're intending to post to.

Also, just a shot in the dark, but warforged, right?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-07-2010, 10:29 AM
if you haven't learned to leave him in your backpack at the 2nd ding, the laugh is on you ;)

Don't go putting them in your backback :eek: If you do that they raise themselves next time they get near a shrine!

kilagan800
10-07-2010, 04:53 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned, so I'll bring it up...

There are different ways in obtaining more HP. When my necro was at level err somewhere between 6 and 8, I joined a party while two players were comparing stats. So I gave them my intel stat, i believe it was 28ish. Then gave my strength stat which was 19. They then told me I shouldn't sacrafice one stat for another. I told them my con was 16, dex 13, wis 11. They said, 32p build? Nope. and when i mentioned my HP, they were amazed that mine was higher than one of theirs (both were fighters). So they asked me more questions and I was having some fun with it so I conitued answering. But I never told them that I was wearing a robe of improved false life +20, and constitution + items, like constitution +4 necklace from which I picked up from another toon and so on. So if anyone's looking for a way to raise their hp without having to sacrafice stat points and what-not, then here's what you can do.

A number of p2p quests offer constitution + items, but if you're f2p then in waterworks you can get Venn's Necklace which offers +10hp. Also the ah has cheap con +1 items if you're a lower level player. Your consitution bonus score jumps a point when you reach certain numbers.

Get False Life items whever possible.

There's constitution tomes you can either get in quests or at the ah. After playing quests at Ataraxia's (ms!) I got a tome of dex. Had to buy a tome of intel and con.

Every few levels you have a chance to raise your stats by +1. Okay I always add to my intel, but when I get around levels 12 and on, I add +1 to my con. And again, raising that point by one can make a big difference.

Also, by permanately adding more con to your stats, you increase the amount of hp you get after you level.

FlyingTurtle
10-07-2010, 05:06 PM
in waterworks you can get Venn's Necklace which offers +10hp.

wat.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Venn%27s_Necklace

It's +25 SP, not +10 HP.

Every few levels you have a chance to raise your stats by +1. Okay I always add to my intel, but when I get around levels 12 and on, I add +1 to my con. And again, raising that point by one can make a big difference.

You're going to gimp yourself as a caster if you do this repeatedly, unless you're a specialized build which only uses no-save spells. +20HP is never worth -1DC to all spells. I can see the point in maybe doing it ONCE to make the score an even number though.

Also, by permanately adding more con to your stats, you increase the amount of hp you get after you level.

It doesn't matter when you add con, it's effective retroactively (unlike, for example, eating Int tomes).

Cogsionni
10-07-2010, 05:07 PM
im so rolling a toon with a 6 con.

see you in the shroud!

kilagan800
10-07-2010, 05:35 PM
wat.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Venn%27s_Necklace

It's +25 SP, not +10 HP.

You're going to gimp yourself as a caster if you do this repeatedly, unless you're a specialized build which only uses no-save spells. +20HP is never worth -1DC to all spells. I can see the point in maybe doing it ONCE to make the score an even number though.

It doesn't matter when you add con, it's effective retroactively (unlike, for example, eating Int tomes).

My mistake, got it confused with another necklace, guess I should look these things up before typing.

I didn't say to do it repeatedly, just saying that I do it once per toon. I agree, never gimp yourself by repeatedly not adding intel.

Actually it does matter when you add con, if you're only getting +5 or +6 hp per level, then adding con will increase the hp. You'll get more hp in the long run using a tome at a lower level, rather than waiting until you're at level 8 or 10, etc....

My level 14 necro has 240+ hp and I could've riased it even higher if I had added con early on. The only complaint i've got from it is from fighters who say I don't buff enough. But I guess that's for a different thread.

Jiipster
10-07-2010, 05:40 PM
im so rolling a toon with a 6 con.

see you in the shroud!

Get a Bloodrage Symbiont, and you'll have 4 CON. Splash a level Monk, use Windstance, have 2 CON :D

Hobgoblin
10-07-2010, 05:41 PM
My mistake, got it confused with another necklace, guess I should look these things up before typing.

I didn't say to do it repeatedly, just saying that I do it once per toon. I agree, never gimp yourself by repeatedly not adding intel.

Actually it does matter when you add con, if you're only getting +5 or +6 hp per level, then adding con will increase the hp. You'll get more hp in the long run using a tome at a lower level, rather than waiting until you're at level 8 or 10, etc....

My level 14 necro has 240+ hp and I could've riased it even higher if I had added con early on. The only complaint i've got from it is from fighters who say I don't buff enough. But I guess that's for a different thread.

ya dont get it do ya? con raises are retroactive. doesnt matter if you eat that +4 tome at level 1 or 20 you get the same ammount of hp. (yes i know its not possible to eat a +4 tome at level 1 :) )

hob

NaturalHazard
10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
after their casting stat isnt con one of the most important stats for any caster?

khaldan
10-07-2010, 05:48 PM

This is not how constitution works. Your hp is calculated via class level*whatever you get per level+items+feats+con bonus*level.

Con bonus*level doesn't suddenly become less than con bonus*level because you ate that +2 tome at 20 instead of 7.

Get a Bloodrage Symbiont, and you'll have 4 CON. Splash a level Monk, use Windstance, have 2 CON :D

Grab a phantasmal masque and hit 1 con!

Huzzah for our -5 con bonus overlords!

HP breakdown:
84 wizard/monk
20 Heroic Durability
-100 con

4 Hp, huzzah!

ZodacBKB
10-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Grab a phantasmal masque and hit 1 con!

Huzzah for our -5 con bonus overlords!

HP breakdown:
80 wizard
20 Heroic Durability
-100 con

Oh god.

Fortunately that one monk level (for wind stance) will leave this wizard with 4 hp. :)

khaldan
10-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Fortunately that one monk level (for wind stance) will leave this wizard with 4 hp. :)

Bah, stupid monk levels.

How about 19 cleric/1 monk?

6 Starting con
-2 bloodrage
-1 masque
-2 death pact
-2 wind stane

Can you reduce your stats to below 0 through items and spells like that? I know you can't through damage, but I'm unsure on items.

Either way, Death Pact insta-procs when you cast it, or may as well :D

Chai
10-07-2010, 06:00 PM
/thread

You may start a thread moaning about the same topic in 2 days 17 hours 59 minutes 53 seconds.

pSINNa
10-07-2010, 06:17 PM
People that read the forums have hitpoints.

Please refer to the other 200 threads on this topic.

Coit out~

kilagan800
10-07-2010, 06:28 PM
ya dont get it do ya? con raises are retroactive. doesnt matter if you eat that +4 tome at level 1 or 20 you get the same ammount of hp. (yes i know its not possible to eat a +4 tome at level 1 :) )

hob

No they are not. When you raise your con to a certain number, the amount of hp you receive after leveling increases. Perhaps you didn't undersatnd what I was trying to say?

I raised my toon's hp by +1 by using a con tome. I realize increasing +1 to your added scrore doesn't seem like a biggie, but after five levels, that's 5 points your missed out on.

Also, about the necklace, it's Margeurite's Necklace. Sorry for the mix up.

Spartus
10-07-2010, 06:49 PM
No they are not. When you raise your con to a certain number, the amount of hp you receive after leveling increases. Perhaps you didn't undersatnd what I was trying to say?

I raised my toon's hp by +1 by using a con tome. I realize increasing +1 to your added scrore doesn't seem like a biggie, but after five levels, that's 5 points your missed out on.

Hit points are not added to a character at level-up and then remain static in the same manner as skill points. Hit points are recalculated every time something happens that could change the character's hit point total. Because of this, if you wait five levels, the hitpoints for raising your Con will be applied RETROACTIVELY. The character will have the same hit points whether the Con tome is used at level 1 or at level 20. The game multiplies the current Con modifier by the current character level and adds that to the hit points. Any time Con is changed enough to change the Con modifier (put on or take off a +Con item, get Bear's Endurance cast on the character or it expires, take Con damage, etc.), hit points are recalculated.

weewoo0
10-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Elf Wizard 19/Monk 1
Stats:
10 Str
18 Dex
6 Con
18 Int
10 Wis
8 Cha

CON IS NOT A DUMP STAT

no no no 4 con isn't gimpy enough.... you need a bloodrage symbiont.... 2 con ftw (that puts you at 24 hp doesn't it? ^^)

Mister_Peace
10-07-2010, 07:26 PM
that's 5 points your missed out on.

your wrong [sic]

Also, max hp cannot go below 1 per level.

TZX
10-07-2010, 08:57 PM
130 hp at Gianthold bad? Pfffft... try 134 at Amrath. (http://img818.imageshack.us/i/134qz.jpg/)

Yes, I'm not kidding and neither was the sorc. Myddo showed 129 iirc but that was without a lesser false life item or something I guess.

Quikster
10-07-2010, 09:10 PM

Also, about the necklace, it's Margeurite's Necklace. Sorry for the mix up.

Im not sure, maybe you should make a few more people tell you youre wrong before you admit it.