PDA

View Full Version : paetus and coyle

Ota
10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
give paetus a function like coyle please

for a moment ignoring the reality of why paetus a supposedly high level caster cant even handle a single archer by himself it is pretty off putting that this quest is so easy to solo now (thank you dungeon scaling) until you get to the end where it is pretty much autofail unless you are a healer because there is no way to keep that other guy under control

or of course dont make lame protection quests that are necessary to flag for things...

Slink
10-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Or you can bring a hireling cleric and assign it to defend paetus?

But youre right, it is a terribly easy quest. :p

Ota
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM
so your solution is to babysit a gimp hireling through the whole thing

great and super

there was a reason devs stopped putting must have four people levers into quests and it was to make the game more solo friendly not to drain plat through useless hirelings

TZX
10-05-2010, 05:16 PM
so your solution is to babysit a gimp hireling through the whole thing

great and super

there was a reason devs stopped putting must have four people levers into quests and it was to make the game more solo friendly not to drain plat through useless hirelings

The pileon can always be left at the entrance and summoned when needed.

Slink
10-05-2010, 05:17 PM
No, my solution to your dilemna (since youre having problems with Paetus' survivability) is to either get a group or get a hireling.

You can assign the hireling to defend Paetus (this means a hireling cleric will cast a few spells but it's attention will be mostly focused on making sure paetus stays alive).

If you dont like that alternative then find a group if you cant handle it on solo difficulty. :p

donfilibuster
10-05-2010, 06:40 PM
If soloing take note to not charge into the fight room, the first thing u bump into is an air elemental.
Is a loooong way down and back if you worry Paetus can't survive on his own.

(happened to me while i was the only healer, luckily no one paid attention)
(they just tought i was busy with Paetus, took chest and left)