PDA

View Full Version : Let us keep our raid count after TR

daniel7
10-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I think a few changes could be made to get completionist and people who are doing multiple TRs to play certain quests before their next TR. Here is a small list of things that could be done to keep those people who are simply racing to level 20 to jump into quests that they would otherwise skip until another life to complete.

1. Don't reset the raid count after a TR. This would give them incentive to join and help fill raids.

2. Allow TRs to do epic quests at level 19 and get XP. This would probably more than double the amount of epic quests up in the LFM. This would also allow them to get more end game XP from different quests so they don't have to run GH, Vale, Orchard, and IQ 5-8 times a piece.

3. Anyone else have any suggestions?

redraider
10-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Not signed. This mechanic works fine as is.

Zombiekenny
10-05-2010, 08:26 AM
I think a few changes could be made to get completionist and people who are doing multiple TRs to play certain quests before their next TR. Here is a small list of things that could be done to keep those people who are simply racing to level 20 to jump into quests that they would otherwise skip until another life to complete.

1. Don't reset the raid count after a TR. This would give them incentive to join and help fill raids.

2. Allow TRs to do epic quests at level 19 and get XP. This would probably more than double the amount of epic quests up in the LFM. This would also allow them to get more end game XP from different quests so they don't have to run GH, Vale, Orchard, and IQ 5-8 times a piece.

3. Anyone else have any suggestions?
If there was a way to put the limitations on entering epic quests to be based on XP not on level, that would be good. Like, just set it so when a TR has as much XP as a capped non-TR then they can enter epics.

Maxou69
10-05-2010, 08:49 AM
/signed

For the one who like the mecanics, good for you but everything in this world can be better cause there is nothing perfect.

I like TR but I'm getting tired of farming same quests for the last 2 million XP. I don't run a lot of epic stuffs cause I consider myself dead when I reach level 20. Epic at level 19 will indeed incite more epic groups and more TR's cause it will be easier to cap. More TR's = more money for DDO and more stuff for all the community.

The mechanic is good but there is always place to do better.

Eladiun
10-05-2010, 08:57 AM
/not signed - raid mechanics work fine as they are. TR you go to heaven (or hell) and come back as a new person.

Verengor
10-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Epic at level 19 will indeed incite more epic groups and more TR's cause it will be easier to cap. More TR's = more money for DDO and more stuff for all the community.I think turbine would get less money this way because people will probably gather 20 epic raid tokens while leveling this way and grab the true hearts from tokens instead of buying them.

Anyway I'm all up for allowing TR people in epic groups at lower levels (+ added xp).

PopeJual
10-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Both of the OPs suggestions sound reasonable. I'd really like to see additional high level quests, but allowing TRs to get XP from Epic quests at level 19 would at least be a nice step in that direction.

There are so many low level quests that I can't even do them all on Normal before I end up leveling past them. Compare that to a level 14+ TR or double TR where you are actually end up avoiding quests so that you can save them for when you are quest level +1 and can milk them for XP.

Rasczak
10-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Why would you want that?

Completionist is zerging after xp and most likely either has all the raid loot they need for TR or will do it afterwards.

I would ask for more content, not a horrid fix of allowing TR's into epics for xp reasons. I can think of a lot of reasons to allow lvl 19's in but xp isn't really one of them.

Doesn't really bug me tbh, are you asking for raid counters because you don't have the items you want? Most TR's at lvl 17 are jumping into raids for xp already so moot point.

Krag
10-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Already posted a similar suggestion earlier: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=247683

So, yeah... /signed

Darkrok
10-05-2010, 09:33 AM
/not signed 1
/signed 2

As Rasczak mentioned there are a lot of reasons to allow level 19's into epics. I disagree that xp isn't really one of them. They may not do them specifically for the xp but, similar to my bard that I never 'leveled' on the way from 17-20, it would allow them to level by playing the content that they want to play to improve their gear. For most TR's that's not going to be running IQ or Amrath for the 2,000th time. That's going to be running epics. You shouldn't have to grind one set of quests for xp and another for loot. Letting TR's go to epics pre-20 would fix that dichotomy.

Rubiconn
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
I dont like suggestion #1 if you reincarnate then all you have is the knowledge of a past life not the experience, if you are worried about your raid counters, get a 20th run on each then TR. I like the way this part works as it seems like a true do over.

I think a TR getting into Epics @ 19 wouldnt be a bad idea the only problem I have is the number of people who are TR'ing means there are more TR's that dont have Epic level gear, I have only done a couple Epics and I am working on gearing myself better for them.

I would like to see more high level content for those of us that have TR'd to get a little more variety.

sirgog
10-05-2010, 11:09 AM
/signed.

Letting TRs actually earn their XP from running Epics, rather than pressing the XP easy button of Inspired Quarter over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over would be a huge improvement. Less grind, more challenge.

Doing ten ToD's, then TRing, then doing ten more is no less deserving of reward than doing twenty then TRing, and most importantly would let guilds TR and relevel together (if they want to) without some members having to forfeit large numbers of completions.

Samadhi
10-05-2010, 11:51 AM
This is actually a really good idea with no real negatives except perhaps difficulty programming it. /SIGNED.

chester99
10-05-2010, 05:28 PM
/signed

AyumiAmakusa
10-05-2010, 05:33 PM
/signed

Do 20 now or do 20 later, what's the difference?

Phidius
10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
/not signed - raid mechanics work fine as they are. TR you go to heaven (or hell) and come back as a new person.

Did you just use a role-playing rationalization to justify why this isn't needed? How's that work with a game mechanic that involves saving the world every 2 days 18 hours from the exact same threat?

AyumiAmakusa
10-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Did you just use a role-playing rationalization to justify why this isn't needed? How's that work with a game mechanic that involves saving the world every 2 days 18 hours from the exact same threat?

It's called Deja Vu. :D

Vellrad
10-05-2010, 05:48 PM
1: I don't care:
As far as I know you get special reward after each 20th completion, so there isn't big difference between having 20 or 200 completions. Just make sure all your raids are at 20th/40th/60th (etc) completion before you TR.

2: /not signed
MyDDO is not working, so how could I know that lv19 who is applying for my pug isn't a noob at first life who don't knows noting at all about epics? I even had lv15-19 who clicked at LFM and was insulting me at PM or spamming saying that "I got better DPS than ur team" or something like this.

EyeRekon
10-05-2010, 05:50 PM

I sorta like this one. It does help simultaneously address the lack of content at levels 14+. Enabling you to run epics earlier would expand your options. As Vellrad stated, there would need to be a way to know join requests are from eligible TRs.

AyumiAmakusa
10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Um people, the devs have already begun discussing the possibility of letting lvl 19s into Epics. I can't find proof, unfortunately, so my claim cannot be substantiated.

ColinQ
10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
If there was a way to put the limitations on entering epic quests to be based on XP not on level, that would be good. Like, just set it so when a TR has as much XP as a capped non-TR then they can enter epics.

wonder how soon we'd see Lv14 (1.9m xp pt for 2nd TR, less if banking xp) completing epic quests

I guess it does give Lowbie VON a new meaning

BurningDownTheHouse
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I think turbine would get less money this way because people will probably gather 20 epic raid tokens while leveling this way and grab the true hearts from tokens instead of buying them.

Anyway I'm all up for allowing TR people in epic groups at lower levels (+ added xp).

Na. Getting 20 dungeon tokens is a piece of cake now that there are a lot of epic dificulty quests and you can also convert raid tokens.
No reason to buy true hearts of wood unless you REALLY have a LOT of epic items to slot.

EDIT: Oh, and /singed on the OP.

moops
10-05-2010, 06:05 PM
With the lack of High end content, Level 19's should be allowed into Epic--heck they don't even need to be TRs--if they suck, the word will get out same as a LVL 20 that sucks. It's not like Epic is hard or great xp--its just another alternative--and it would allow people like me who do TR alot , to get to play with their friends and guildies more.

I know several people who have only TR'd once and will never do it again because of lack of end game content, and isolation of not being able to run with the rest of their guild/friends for the most part.

Every night I log off my TR to run raids and Epics, which of course prolongs the amount of time till I start my next TR:) And the time of buying my Next Heart:) ( which i do since I have Turbine points stocked up from being VIP)

However, I think the raid mechanic should stay as it is. . .

pSINNa
10-05-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm going to give this one a tentative /sign.

If the little routine that checks to see if you are 20 currently working for epics would also make sure that 19 that applied is a TR, then ok, i could see that as a decent xp alternative for us serial TR addicts.

The raid counter accumulation i'm not so sure about /signing off on, i can't see any real harm in it, and as pointed out, yes you've done that many raids, so why not, but i'm always a bit funny on anything that might make the accumulation of uber loot easier, it tends to make the game not quite as much fun in the end.

Coit out~

daniel7
10-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Why would you want that?

Completionist is zerging after xp and most likely either has all the raid loot they need for TR or will do it afterwards.
The reason why I don't want raid counters to reset after a TR is not for the benefit of the TR but more for the community. I believe that if we kept our raid counters we would see LFMs for raids fill faster (especially the less popular and non xp giving raids) and hopefully with more experienced players.

I would ask for more content, not a horrid fix of allowing TR's into epics for xp reasons. I can think of a lot of reasons to allow lvl 19's in but xp isn't really one of them.
I'm all for more content but I think that allowing level 19s into epic quests would be easy to program so the devs can get right back to working on new content. Again this suggestion is also to help LFMs to fill.

Doesn't really bug me tbh, are you asking for raid counters because you don't have the items you want? Most TR's at lvl 17 are jumping into raids for xp already so moot point.
Again this is not just about the person who TRed. If TRs keep their counters rolling then they will help to fill LFMs.

I decided to reply to Rasczak's post because he pretty much summed up what all of the neysayers have said in one post. I put my remarks in red.

Here is suggestion number 3...which might be more difficult to program.

3. Give an xp bonus to quests that were not completed in the previous life. This suggestion will give some incentive to play some quests that most people skip due to poor xp. I think that a 10-15% increase in xp would suffice.

TPICKRELL
10-19-2010, 01:57 PM
/signed

More high level content should happen also, but this would inject a significant amount of XP into the high levels, while the new content is developed.

Some other relative small things that I think might help:

1: Reduce the XP Penalty for power leveled toons. In today's DDO, I can't think of any legitimate reason for a level 16 fully geared TR to not be able to run with level 20's and still get full xp. They are fully capable of carrying their share of the load.

2: Allow TR's to choose for each life after the second to stay on a 34 point build and keep the first TR XP progression.

Some of my guilds best players are out of circulation for long periods of time, because they are focused on TR'ing over and over again. That makes it very difficult for small and medium guilds to run guild activities. From my view, allowing them to participate sooner in the guild raids and allowing them to opt to stay at a 34 pt build in exchange for the shorter XP path would help everyone.

Amber-Dawnn
10-19-2010, 02:16 PM
/signed

Some people don't flag for raids till later in the game they may have 20 on one raid 13 on another and 5 on another being able to TR without losing that would save almost 2 months of waiting just to get those to 20.

Just put up my first epic LFM the other day and it took about 35 mins to fill.