PDA

View Full Version : Scrap the rep system, replace with Alignment System

Kromize
10-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Here is how I propose an Alignment system, that fits the theme of D&D much better than this rep system that get's abused more than a dead horse...

Lawful - Someone follows the rules in the forums strictly. Can be close minded, judgmental, and opposed to change.

Good - Someone who posts with good intent. Trying to help others, doing what they can to make things better.

Neutral(x2) - More or less on a border between lawful and chaotic, or good and evil.

Chaotic - Someone who posts to have a good time, and to get their views out there. Can be reckless and irresponsible.

Evil - Someone who tries to disrupt topics, provide false information, start flame wars, etc... The evil people.

The exact wording is 100% up for debate, do what you can to alter the Alignment system for a good forum use!

Not only will this hopefully remedy the many posts on how bad the rep system is/was, but will also be more of a fun thing, to see how people actually think about you, than like/dislike.

Currently, it seems we have a I like you/I don't like you style rep system. That's is just wrong. Something like that isn't necessary, and only promotes another topic for the 'Evil' people to use to be evil...

h4x0r1f1c
10-03-2010, 04:00 PM
I have a feeling they'd make me Evil even though I'm not the one calling names or bashing people. :(

khaldan
10-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I have a feeling they'd make me Evil even though I'm not the one calling names or bashing people. :(

Here is how I propose an Alignment system, that fits the theme of D&D much better than this rep system that get's abused more than a dead horse...

Evil - Someone who tries to disrupt topics, provide false information, start flame wars, etc... The evil people.

I'd also probably be classified as evil, so don't feel entirely bad.

I'm not quite sure if chaotic as it is is currently necessary, you can provide your opinions while still following the rules. Unless you're trying to say that you're posting something in a place where it probably shouldn't go?

Kromize
10-03-2010, 04:08 PM

I think, even so, it could be worn as a badge of honor much easier than the current good/bad system they use. I'd rate you chaotic good/chaotic neutral though. :D

I'd also probably be classified as evil, so don't feel entirely bad.

I'm not quite sure if chaotic as it is is currently necessary, you can provide your opinions while still following the rules. Unless you're trying to say that you're posting something in a place where it probably shouldn't go?

I think we would see a lot of Lawful Evil people and a lot of Chaotic Good people in these forums. Chaotic would be used for people that post without concern to the rules, trying to make them better even, and the lawful people follow them strictly, in order to not be banned for their evil posts... :D

Quarterling
10-03-2010, 04:30 PM
You forgot the fourth alignment in the Good/Neutral/Evil spectrum; Toll. ;)

Kromize
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
You forgot the fourth alignment in the Good/Neutral/Evil spectrum; Toll. ;)

:D I don't think turbine would support that though...

Oran_Lathor
10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
They could also have an 'unaligned due to animal intelligence' !

Kromize
10-05-2010, 01:45 AM
They could also have an 'unaligned due to animal intelligence' !

But that statement is false. There exist many animals that can be perceived as lawful/chaotic good/evil just as there are humans. You just need to study them, and watch their behavior...

Insects however...could be unaligned. :D

chaos_master
10-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Chaotic Stupid? :)

Memnir
10-05-2010, 02:01 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/danza-1.jpg
:D

Kromize
10-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Chaotic Stupid? :)

I added a few extra factors to lawful vs. chaotic, happy? :)

IE: Lawful may tend to argue that things are fine just the way they are, when they really do need a change for the better(ranged anyone). And Chaotic are the ones that are willing to say things have problems, and point out those problems(not excluding the forum rules, and obviously broken rep system). :D

.xsnipx

And I respond with :eek:

JollySwagMan
10-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Interesting idea. By the way, your description of 'lawful' makes it seem like 'lawful good' is not possible. However, that may well be the ideal alignment for a moderator.

Kromize
10-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Interesting idea. By the way, your classification seems to suggest that Lawful Good is a contradiction in terms. Which might limit the appeal of your suggestion to moderators ;)

Okay I changed it a little. I got a little bit of my own views mixed up in the original posting, so I have fixed it a bit thanks to posts like yours... The previous one in there may be better attributed to chaotic good. Now it can be good, whether lawful or chaotic. Lawful can be good, but just may not see that a rule really can or needs to be improved... :(

:cool:

JollySwagMan
10-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Okay I changed it a little. I got a little bit of my own views mixed up in the original posting, so I have fixed it a bit thanks to posts like yours... The previous one in there may be better attributed to chaotic good. Now it can be good, whether lawful or chaotic. Lawful can be good, but just may not see that a rule really can or needs to be improved... :(

:cool:

True dat.

On the other hand, if everyone on the forums ends up with an 'evil' alignment, that may well be a notch towards including evil alignments in-game :D

Kromize
10-05-2010, 03:03 AM
True dat.

On the other hand, if everyone on the forums ends up with an 'evil' alignment, that may well be a notch towards including evil alignments in-game :D
:( "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Evil alignments in-game would be awesome, and open up a whole range of possibilities for player versus player questing, among other systems.

I can already see the conversation coming from this:

But then this game would be just like WoW!

It's still fun. As it is in WoW. WoW isn't popular for nothing.

How dare you say that WoW is a good game

To each his own, you lawful evil person!

Memnir
10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
and I Respond With :eek: :)

Damionic
10-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Signed.

I would probably be Chaotic Neutral ... like in life.