PDA

View Full Version : Combine Ingredients

h4x0r1f1c
10-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Can we combine ingredients for larger ones?

Like X amount of Small will give you 1 Medium.

X amount of Medium will give you 1 Large.

MarkusWolfe
10-02-2010, 08:54 AM
/signed

If this were implemented, I would probably go a while without using it, until I had obtained all the small and medium ingredients I need for ALL the GS items I am planning. Then I would start grinding them into larges.

The real reason this should be implemented is because so many folks want dual aspect items at the third tier. Every melee, for example, wants (if not NEEDS) a Mineral II weapon.

markusthelion
10-02-2010, 08:56 AM
/signed

The last 26 shrouds I ran I pulled 3 scales = bull dookie!

MarkusWolfe
10-02-2010, 10:34 AM
/signed

The last 26 shrouds I ran I pulled 3 scales = bull dookie!

How ironic. I've had 4 runs so far, and I've pulled 3 small and 3 medium scales. Of course, I need 5 large ones, and I haven't pulled a single one of those...

bendover
10-02-2010, 10:47 AM
/not signed. Another gimme gimme post. Make more toons, run more shrouds and complete shrouds. You're going to get 1.5 larges every run. When you only run one toon every 3 days of course you're not going to get enough larges.

This would just open up shroud 1-3 groups farming constantly and all day. Pretty sure something Turbine isn't interested in.

Uska
10-02-2010, 10:49 AM
/not signed people getting greensteel fast enough as it is and putting 3 of something isnt always equal to larger one 3 arrowheads together shouldnt give you a larger arrowhead.

Srozbun
10-02-2010, 10:54 AM
/not signed

Why would the devs ever do this? So people can exploit how shroud is currently farmed even more and never actually complete the raid? If you complete the raid you are guaranteed a large ingredient (and possibly another from part 4). If people do not complete parts 4 and 5 (which are easy enough) they don't deserve large ingredients, simple as that.

Edit: A better suggestion (and one that has been suggested time and time again) is to have a vendor to trade in maybe 3 of any large ingredient for a different large ingredient. Converting from small to medium and medium to large however is pure lazy/"gimme more! I want this game to be easier!" easy button

h4x0r1f1c
10-02-2010, 10:55 AM
/not signed people getting greensteel fast enough as it is and putting 3 of something isnt always equal to larger one 3 arrowheads together shouldnt give you a larger arrowhead.

I said X amount. Nobody said 3.

For instance:
10 Small = 1 Medium and 10 Medium = 1 Large.

That means 100 Small for 1 Large.

If you can farm 10 Medium you can farm 1 Large, so..

Jay203
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
i'd prefer the greensteel be taken out of the game

flynnjsw
10-02-2010, 11:11 AM
No

h4x0r1f1c
10-02-2010, 11:14 AM
No

How come? :)

flynnjsw
10-02-2010, 11:15 AM
/not signed. Another gimme gimme post. Make more toons, run more shrouds and complete shrouds. You're going to get 1.5 larges every run. When you only run one toon every 3 days of course you're not going to get enough larges.

This would just open up shroud 1-3 groups farming constantly and all day. Pretty sure something Turbine isn't interested in.

/not signed

Why would the devs ever do this? So people can exploit how shroud is currently farmed even more and never actually complete the raid? If you complete the raid you are guaranteed a large ingredient (and possibly another from part 4). If people do not complete parts 4 and 5 (which are easy enough) they don't deserve large ingredients, simple as that.

/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=h4x0r1f1c;3308594]How come? :)

See the quotes above.

Gumbolo
10-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Could work, if it would take reasonable amount (3? 5?) of ingredients to 'increase' in size. To reduce amount of farming, you could make 'failed' runs place you into cooldown (6h? 12h? 18h?) before you could run it again. That would still allow to farming, but worth it? Not really.

While system would reduce amount of farming, it also punish partys, which actually gets wiped (but shroud isn't really hard anyway).

btw. shard's drop rate could be increased a little bit as currently peoples have fairly huge problems w/ gaining em =/

k1ngp1n
10-02-2010, 11:39 AM
And why should people be rewarded for not completing?

Quarterling
10-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Solution: Roll up many different characters and get them to a high enough level for their sole purpose will be to farm shroud every time they get off timer. Have them never TR, just let them be shroud farmers. Or does that get in the way of your PvP schedule?

bendover
10-02-2010, 11:52 AM

100% agree... You want larges complete the quest... Stop looking for the easy button

Hendrik
10-02-2010, 11:53 AM

Signed

:)

h4x0r1f1c
10-02-2010, 11:53 AM

You can get ingredients from Amrath too, without completing Shroud.

As for Gumbolo's idea..

I think the failed combine is a bad idea. I think the timer is a good idea.

Let you combine 10 of something for one size larger, then wait 6 or 12 hours before doing so again.

MarkusWolfe
10-02-2010, 12:09 PM

This is a fair and legitimate opinion. However, it is also true that large ingredients are often needed in greater quantities than small and medium ones, and combining works pretty well for the similar case for DT armor. The difference is that the items for DT armor are found at the end of the quest.

So, long story short, the REAL solution is to put all the chests containing ingredients at the end of the quest, and then allowing combining of ingredients.

Waukeen
10-02-2010, 12:16 PM

This!

No way. You want a large scale, pull one off of Harry's back.

Also, do you have any idea how much of an influx and flooding of the large ingredient market this would cause?

Most vets have more that 150 of each small and medium in there bag. (just going off what I have, and I used to dump them off periodically)

Gumbolo
10-02-2010, 01:57 PM
This!

No way. You want a large scale, pull one off of Harry's back.

Also, do you have any idea how much of an influx and flooding of the large ingredient market this would cause?

Most vets have more that 150 of each small and medium in there bag. (just going off what I have, and I used to dump them off periodically)

Yes, i would momentarily 'fluctuate' amout of larges, but I'm alsos sure that they would be used up after a while (not everyone is vets in this game...) as new players would still need to get em and veterans would start to craft stuff they've been missing or just wouldn't bother to farm shroud for situational stuff (+45 res stuff for example). So after a month or so, all those extras would've been used up.

Vellrad
10-02-2010, 02:02 PM
If you complete the raid you are guaranteed a large ingredient (and possibly another from part 4).

I can't remeber when was the last time I pulled large from part 4.
About part 5, I'm putiing larges at 75% of raids I complete.

@ Topic
I don't think its best idea, if you need larges, you can search for AH (i know they're mega expensive).

If devs would do that, it had to be done in last altar.

Missing_Minds
10-02-2010, 02:57 PM
100% agree... You want larges complete the quest... Stop looking for the easy button

I have been. 30 shrouds later, 1 large scale. I always complete.

bendover
10-02-2010, 03:23 PM

Ouch, you're just unfortunate :(. Try trading and/or buying if you have.

h4x0r1f1c
10-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Some people just like to read a thread, find an opposing viewpoint they themselves may not even agree with, and say no.

If they can do so sarcastically enough then others will give them all +1s. You need to understand that.

Some people on this forum spend all day looking for ways to sound witty and cool by making it sound like they want the game to be harder because they spend 24/7 in PvE.

The game isn't made for running raids a bazillion times, 24/7 when you're off timer, is it?

If so that sounds like.. idk, boring. I'd rather go PvP. Why play a game where the goal is to grind forever until you get Completionist which other people have done?

I don't think that's what the game is for. I think it's to have fun.

I'd have more fun if I didn't have to grind and lose my social life to running raids every 3 days or whenever possible on like 10 different capped toons.

Give us the easy button and y'all can keep running Shroud with your made-up drop statistics. :)

Stormanne
10-02-2010, 03:29 PM
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, a three to one trade of the same sized ingredient. Larges for larges, mediums for mediums, and smalls for smalls. Just like what we can do with the relics in Gianthold. Need a large scale, give up three large sulfurous stones, just as an example. That would be easier to code, given the mechanic already exist within the game.

Harncw
10-02-2010, 03:38 PM
So you want to trade something to get your larges... that's cool... that is what I did.

Farm part 1 and sell the small scales on the AH and then use the plat to buy large scales.
Farm part 1 for the small shard, then trade the small shard for a large?
Farm vale and then make GS and trade for a large?

Advertise in the marketplace forum that you will make X for Y and there you go...

Why do you have to "pray to the gods" or in this case the devs to create an "earth shattering" or game changing thing such as a NPC turnin?

You want to trade something of value for something else? cool! you have permission to do that. we have the AH, we have the trade channel, we have the marketplace forums...

Harncw
10-02-2010, 03:41 PM
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, a three to one trade of the same sized ingredient. Larges for larges, mediums for mediums, and smalls for smalls. Just like what we can do with the relics in Gianthold. Need a large scale, give up three large sulfurous stones, just as an example. That would be easier to code, given the mechanic already exist within the game.

Trading 3 bones for 1 large scale would seriously **** off the old guard.
I think the devs have learned to stay out of the economy, once something is in place don't go back and mess with it.

bendover
10-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Wow dude just because I give you a hard time in game doesn't mean you need to stalk me on the forums and post in every one of my threads grow up.

I don't stalk you, I read the forums see a thread and think to myself (just like everyone else) "wow what a terrible idea" and the Devs need to be aware that no one likes it but you.

Missing_Minds
10-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Ouch, you're just unfortunate :(. Try trading and/or buying if you have.

*smirk* have you seen the prices for them on Thelanis lately?

Maybe if I continue to run another 30 shrouds I could afford to buy one.

h4x0r1f1c
10-02-2010, 03:51 PM

Just do what I do and hang out in PvP and put in your bio that you need this-and-that.

People make offerings to me all the time. It's not extortion because I'm not telling them to, they just give me stuff.

I just need 15 more larges to finish my 3rd tier of my Disintegration guard. Raiding is for chumps. :P

bendover
10-02-2010, 03:54 PM

You're just getting unlucky that's all. Another idea would be to stay on epic dragon timer as well and see if you can get some red scales. They can get you 2:1 on your devil scales typically.

Hendrik
10-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I'd have more fun if I didn't have to grind and lose my social life to running raids every 3 days or whenever possible on like 10 different capped toons.

No, you just loose your 'social life' by spending all day in a PvP Pit. Then spending the rest of the time complaining about loosing and how the game has to change to suit you and your desire for PvP in a non-PvP centric game.

BTW, PvP is for chumps too. More so when PvP is just an afterthought.

Lorz
10-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Some people just like to read a thread, find an opposing viewpoint they themselves may not even agree with, and say no.

If they can do so sarcastically enough then others will give them all +1s. You need to understand that.

Some people on this forum spend all day looking for ways to sound witty and cool by making it sound like they want the game to be harder because they spend 24/7 in PvE.

The game isn't made for running raids a bazillion times, 24/7 when you're off timer, is it?

If so that sounds like.. idk, boring. I'd rather go PvP. Why play a game where the goal is to grind forever until you get Completionist which other people have done?

Give us the easy button and y'all can keep running Shroud with your made-up drop statistics. :)

See here is where you fail. See the vets here and even some none vets get that for years the bar was set at where it is....then you come along and start saying its too hard...it's too much grind....WHAAA...WHAAAA....this is why you fail.....if it was hard then explain why all those who came before you did it. No it's you wanting an easy button. When you actually contribute something more than...WHAAA make it easier ... Its too hard...... Then maybe somebody will take you seriously....until then....you just don't get it.

And it's not too hard....your just wanting it to be too easy.

And just stop with the pvp garbage. Nobody cares...DDO is not about PVP ... You have been told but seem to be incapable of learning.

Cernunan
10-02-2010, 04:52 PM
See here is where you fail. See the vets here and even some none vets get that for years the bar was set at where it is....then you come along and start saying its too hard...it's too much grind....WHAAA...WHAAAA....this is why you fail.....if it was hard then explain why all those who came before you did it. No it's you wanting an easy button. When you actually contribute something more than...WHAAA make it easier ... Its too hard...... Then maybe somebody will take you seriously....until then....you just don't get it.

And it's not too hard....your just wanting it to be too easy.

And just stop with the pvp garbage. Nobody cares...DDO is not about PVP ... You have been told but seem to be incapable of learning.

QFT
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/Outrider45/EasyButton.jpg

MarkusWolfe
10-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Just do what I do and hang out in PvP and put in your bio that you need this-and-that.

People make offerings to me all the time. It's not extortion because I'm not telling them to, they just give me stuff.

I just need 15 more larges to finish my 3rd tier of my Disintegration guard. Raiding is for chumps. :P

Dude, what server do you play on? And more importantly, what WORLD do you live in?

Kelina
10-02-2010, 05:01 PM

A.) This game is all about raiding
B.) This game is NOT about PvP
C.) One would think you would have learned by now to keep your assinine ideas to yourself, seeing as how you are constantly getting blasted on the forums.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-02-2010, 05:02 PM
It would definately cause balance problems allowing the ingredients to be sized up.

What I would like to see however is the abilty to trade in same size ingredients like there is in GH (insert 3 random larges, get 1 large of your choice in return)

I would also like to see the drop rate on 1st tier shards increased or have the ability to use a 2nd tier shard in the tier 1 alter. Its stupid that its common to have all your ingredients, including double T3 shards, and not to have pulled a T1 shard yet.

TheDearLeader
10-02-2010, 05:03 PM
You can get ingredients from Amrath too, without completing Shroud.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you on the whole of this thread.

I will state, however, that ingredients don't grow on trees in Amrath. You still need to complete a quest normally to get something out of it, as the end chests are often the ones *with* ingredients. Also, its random AFAIK, and you're just as likely to get a small bone (no pun intended) as you are to get a Large Scale. Actually, maybe still less likely to get larges. I've seen someone get a Large Scale out in Amrath, I think @ the end of New Invasion Hard.

Also, there are plenty of toons that can complete Shroud that can't complete an Amrath quest. Considering it used to be a what, level 13-16 kind of raid? And to even enter the Battlefield, you must be level 16?

So... yeah. Shroud is still the most reliable place to get *a* large of some kind, and completing every now and then ups those odds.

At least until the next update, where DA Elite seems to give smalls, and Epic *may* give larges?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-02-2010, 05:04 PM

Can you manage to start a single thread that doesn't make me want to neg rep you or report you for namecalling?

And btw you just made the case against giving you what you want.

QuantumFX
10-02-2010, 05:04 PM
/signed with additions

Why? Because while our ingredient drop rates are supposed to be equal the need for specific ingredients isn’t.

10:1 exchange rate to move up.
3:1 exchange rate to change types. (It would actually make the market for larges better because Large Bones would finally be useful for something.)

TheDearLeader
10-02-2010, 05:07 PM
/signed with additions

Why? Because while our ingredient drop rates are supposed to be equal the need for specific ingredients isn’t.

10:1 exchange rate to move up.
3:1 exchange rate to change types. (It would actually make the market for larges better because Large Bones would finally be useful for something.)

I'm fine with the use my Large Bone already has.

This time, pun totally intended :)

Hokiewa
10-02-2010, 07:21 PM

Some people....most people....run more then one character. Virtually every successful MMO has raiding as a major component of it. or a grind....You go pvp and you'll simply post another thread this weekend about how some gimped ranger manyshoted you to death with slayer arrows on.

The easy button(s) have already been installed. It's shame you find the game so difficult now....

You've missed the goal of the game.

h4x0r1f1c
10-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm fine with the use my Large Bone already has.

This time, pun totally intended :)

What pun? Nothing to see there, move along.

MarkusWolfe
10-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Some people....most people....run more then one character. Virtually every successful MMO has raiding as a major component of it. or a grind....You go pvp and you'll simply post another thread this weekend about how some gimped ranger manyshoted you to death with slayer arrows on.

The easy button(s) have already been installed. It's shame you find the game so difficult now....

You've missed the goal of the game.

The easy button is raid loot?

Anyways, I only run one character. Ever. When I run Shroud, I complete it, every time. I'm currently sitting at level 20, and I'm not planning to TR until I got all the loot for my endgame plan, and that's going to be a long while. I haven't even flagged for the Demon Sands, Necro 4, GH, or SOS raids!

But the only things I want to complain about are the lack of Epic GH and Necro 4 (2 important items drop in those places) and how broken Epic Sands loot is (I'd use Epic Golden Greeves but the speed boost is too small, and even though I'd use it if they brought it up to 30%, the yellow slot will be rendered useless between my Mineral II helm and Negative Energy II cloak. Epic Gloves of the Falcon are ok....might need a little boost, but they're certainly good enough for me to use.) I'm more concerned with the destination as opposed to how long it takes to get there. Maybe our little haxor friend should adopt a similar outlook?

tenalafel
10-03-2010, 01:52 AM
/not signed.

No easy button... actually it would be nice if large ingredients only came from the chests available after raid completion.

If you really need large ingredients go farming Amrath quests, you will get one... eventually... ( but getting them from shroud is still faster )

But really, the suggestion here is : run several characters... It works well to get greensteel ingredients fast, and actually the chokepoint is not the large ingredients but the vale ones. ( at least for me )

MarkusWolfe
10-03-2010, 07:31 AM
/not signed.
But really, the suggestion here is : run several characters... It works well to get greensteel ingredients fast, and actually the chokepoint is not the large ingredients but the vale ones. ( at least for me )

By running rares several times, I have literally obtained all the lily petals I will need....unless I decide to make the fire and ice axes before I TR, in which case I'll need 2 more. Anyways, my point is it would be nice if we could get ingredients other than petals and the occasional locust husk form the rare chests.

Rakian_Knight
10-03-2010, 01:46 PM

Agreed