PDA

View Full Version : Swap greensteels for predetermined ingredient sets if deconstruction is impossible

MajinSensei
10-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I read a lot of people requesting that the greensteels have the option to be deconstructed and I also read an official post saying this is impossible.

I understand the position of the programmers as I am a programmer myself but what if instead of breaking them down, we can simply trade them for ingredient sets

Example:

Blank GS Item can be traded for SET A, SET B, SET C, SET D, SET E

Tier 1 GS Items can be traded for SET F, SET G, SET H, SET I, SET J

The trade may not be fair that the owners will get far less ingredients than they used to make the greensteel but it is still much better than throwing them away of keep them rotting in your inventory.

The only task the developers need is to create the ingredient sets and then program a way to detect the tier of the greernsteel item and then create an npc to accept the item and then show the list of possible trade options.

make sense?

Relenthe
10-01-2010, 08:56 PM
That might be possible and would be a good idea, but i think the plan that devs have for our unwanted greenseels is for us to hold on to them until epic shroud comes out. They already said that the recipe will be for us to infuse something (i forget may be a power cell or something) with a 3rd tier gs weapon. This cell or whatever will be part of the recipe needed to make the epic greensteel weapon.

Unfortunately this is only for weapons, and probably pretty far in the future

Lithic
10-01-2010, 08:57 PM
If they made a tier 3 tradeable for 2 large scales, people would be happy IMO. The other tiers don't matter, but could be similarly traded for small/med scales.

MajinSensei
10-01-2010, 09:18 PM
That might be possible and would be a good idea, but i think the plan that devs have for our unwanted greenseels is for us to hold on to them until epic shroud comes out. They already said that the recipe will be for us to infuse something (i forget may be a power cell or something) with a 3rd tier gs weapon. This cell or whatever will be part of the recipe needed to make the epic greensteel weapon.

this is great but won't work on cases like my unwanted +45hp tier2 goggles because i decided to create a +60hp stoneguard cloak so that tier2 is completely useless and similiar cases.

they can also complicate this by instead of "ingredient sets" they can simply make something like

TIER 1 = x number of random small ingredients (upgrade) PLUS y number of random small ingredients (to create a greensteel weapon)

either way, if they implement this idea, it will solve their problems of people complaining about useless greensteel items and from my perspective as a programmer, won't be that hard to implement

sirgog
10-01-2010, 10:21 PM

The Epic Shroud info that was leaked to the compendium (and according to my sources is actually on the live servers too, just we aren't allowed into it) was commented on by a Dev a while back to say 'nah, we doubt it'll be implemented in this form'. Probably for the better - +6 Lit 2 weapons with red augments (so metalline) and improved crit profiles could be a little bit silly.

I'd rather they do this:

Step 1: Put a Tier 3 dualshard Shroud item, an Essence of Deconstruction (bought from store or looted on Hard/Elite Shroud in place of Large Splintered Horns, which would only drop on Normal) and a Power Cell in. Receive 24 of a new item, 'Mysterious Ingredient'. (Alternately, get 12 if you put in a single-shard item)

Step 2: Put a Mysterious Ingredient into a Stone of Change with something of low value that's purchased from a vendor (maybe a Shavarath Low Energy Cell). Receive the following:

21% Large Devil Scale
19% Large Shrapnel
19% Large Stone
16% Large Arrowhead
13% Large Chain
12% Large Bone

(those numbers are chosen to be roughly the rate at which the various ingredients are consumed by recipes)

Step 3: Profit: Put the Deconstruction Essences in the DDO store as well. (That's the only way it's likely to happen)