PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Scout

DevilButcher
09-27-2010, 12:40 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTnrEqdcb-F7_Aq6rc0nMTjVWlUlEEFLe8NZuAOXr4IuOYJqI&t=1&usg=__OzH5v_hOFtYkVAg9tZ9FHWIOKes=
The smallest of the Warforged, halfling-sized scout were built to serve as spies, light infantry, and reconnaissance troops. They are far less common then the larger varieties, sense they offer little advantage over humanoid scouts in warfare. A Warforged scout stands 3ft tall and weighs 60 pounds.

This might be a very simple addition to DDO races, just think I would not be the only person who would find it interesting to play a small sized Warforged.

Would be simple to add to DDO use the same Avatar body maybe a different head type and make them hafe as tall. just mix some of the Halfling characteristics and Warforged, together :D
Who else would play roll this toon if this squirt if DDO added him?

Alabore
09-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Who else would play this squirt if DDO added him?
Me.

I don't think they should qualify as a completely new race.
They could be offered as a body type at creation.

Or at least, as part of the existing WF package, or maybe as an unlockable to a specific quest chain.

Musouka
09-27-2010, 12:54 AM
I wouldn't mind it being a playable race, but the stats come with:

+2 Dex
-2 Str
-2 Wis
-2 Cha

• Small size (AC bonus +1 like Halflings)
• 20’ movement
• +2 Armor bonus to AC, but 5% Arcane failure chance
• Light Fortification – 25% chance of Critical Hit or
Sneak Attack bonus damage being negated.
• Natural weapons provide a 1d3 Slam attack.

Now with all of that, Do you really want to be a Warforged scout with 3 base ability penalties at creation?

Oh yeah, all of this came out of MM3 Page 193

DevilButcher
09-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Me.

I don't think they should qualify as a completely new race.
They could be offered as a body type at creation.

Or at least, as part of the existing WF package, or maybe as an unlockable to a specific quest chain.

No I think it would have to be a new race, but of course it almost falls fully under the same race enhancement
Just it would have +1AC/+1Hit, +4Hide, 3/4 Carry Weight and maybe can't Get the Feat Adamantine Body.
And Instead of THF Aptitude maybe TWF Aptitude or Guile or something else cool and Spy like…

DevilButcher
09-27-2010, 01:00 AM
Now with all of that, Do you really want to be a Warforged scout with 3 base ability penalties at creation?

Oh yeah, all of this came out of MM3 Page 193

-2 Str
+2 Dex
+2 Con
-2 Wis
-2 Cha

And I would make it cooler then it is in the book :)

I do want Gnomes but I think it's a toss up If I had to choose between either or....

Musouka
09-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Well, they did take Warforged out of the book when they gave it

+2 Con
-2 Wis
-2 Cha

So what makes you think they will change a race like that for DDO?

DevilButcher
09-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Well, they did take Warforged out of the book when they gave it

So what makes you think they will change a race like that for DDO?

Because it's DDO... either way I would not care.
But you know they would just have to give him something else not in the book to make up for that.

Musouka
09-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Because it's DDO... either way I would not care.
But you know they would just have to give him something else not in the book to make up for that.

Why? They get all those immunities still. They get small size bonus to AC, that should account for something. Small size gives hide bonus also.

I'm sure they could expand on their small size AC bonus in enhancements. That's where DDO separates from PnP, enhancements. I'd keep the base race the way it should be, and just expand on it not being a powerhouse, but rather an agile race. Like giving it something like halfling cunning and guile.

DevilButcher
09-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Why? They get all those immunities still. They get small size bonus to AC, that should account for something. Small size gives hide bonus also.

I'm sure they could expand on their small size AC bonus in enhancements. That's where DDO separates from PnP, enhancements. I'd keep the base race the way it should be, and just expand on it not being a powerhouse, but rather an agile race. Like giving it something like halfling cunning and guile.

Yes I said that too above,

3/4 Carry Weight and maybe can't Get the Feat Adamantine Body.
And Instead of THF Aptitude maybe TWF Aptitude or Guile or something else cool and Spy like…
I can't see them having the THF Aptitude.

I don't care if min/max player might never use one I would just enjoy another simple addtion. They never liked sneaking anyways.

Wrendd
09-27-2010, 02:12 AM
I like the idea of WF Scouts, would actually love to play one. I would think that you could do something like:

+2 DEX, +2 CON, -2 STR, -2 CHA
All current WF immunities
Small size bonuses from Halflings
Mithril Body Feat but no Adamantine Body Feat
Blueshine Body Feat: +3 to saves against Rust Monsters stun, +3 to Hide skill, Blueshine Body counts as light armor and grants a +3 armor bonus, but also provides a 10% arcane spell failure chance, -1 armor check penalty to certain skills, and a +7 maximum Dex bonus.
Enhancement line to improve Acid Resist (T1 2 resist for 1 EP, T2 4 resist for 2 EP, T3 6 resist for 3 EP)
Enhancement line to increase either DEX OR CON
Enhancement line for Hide skills T1-T4 linked with class skill lines so you can not have both.
Racial Toughness maxes at T2 (20hp) unless you take the +CON line which opens up T3 and T4
No WF Power Attack or GWA Enhancements, possibly replace it with +Hit/damage with sneak attacks (tough to do without infringing on Halflings though) and +hit/damage with ranged attacks. Something else could be put here instead, but there must be something to balance out the loss of GWA and WF PA.

DevilButcher
09-27-2010, 02:52 AM
Warforged Brute Fighting I,II,III,IV ~ Replace with
Scout Dodge
-Each one gives +1AC and +2 Reflex Save wile Tumbling

Warforged Great Weapon Aptitude I,II,III ~ Replace with
Scout Finesse Aptitude I,II,III
- Each once gives 3% chance of Double Strike with Finesseable weapons

Racial Toughness I,II,III,IV ~ Only the first Two

Warforged Power Attack I,II,III ~ Replace with
Scout Combat Expertise I,II,III
-Your Combat Expertise feat grants 1 additional AC but also has an additional -1 to your attack bonus.

Gimmie Gimme Gimmie :D

Alabore
09-27-2010, 08:11 AM
No I think it would have to be a new race, but of course it almost falls fully under the same race enhancement

I was thinking something along the lines of "an expansion to existing WF race", so it falls under the same store entry.
I don't quite see it as a stand-alone purchase.

Odin's_Hugin
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
/signed.

Either make it a body customize and leave WF traits as they are, OR make a halfling-like aproach as stated up. I would like any of both.

Scarecrow
09-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I would also like to see Scouts in the game. It would give another race that would be able to use things like docents and benefit from repair pots/spells. Hope they make it in one day.

Alabore
09-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Blueshine Body Feat: +3 to saves against Rust Monsters stun, +3 to Hide skill, Blueshine Body counts as light armor and grants a +3 armor bonus, but also provides a 10% arcane spell failure chance, -1 armor check penalty to certain skills, and a +7 maximum Dex bonus.

Blueshine body.
Interesting idea.
Why would you give them corrosion/acid resistance though?

:)

No WF Power Attack or GWA Enhancements, possibly replace it with +Hit/damage with sneak attacks (tough to do without infringing on Halflings though) and +hit/damage with ranged attacks. Something else could be put here instead, but there must be something to balance out the loss of GWA and WF PA.
Maybe free proficiency with repeaters, and related enhancements, tied to char level?
Or boosts to trap disabling/crafting?
Being small AND mechanical would give you some edge with precision mechanical skills.

http://www.thegamesplace.co.uk/acatalog/Warforged_Infiltrator.jpghttp://www.legendgames.co.uk/acatalog/Warforged_Scout.jpg

Let's face it: given the current trends, it would probably fall under the "flavour race" category.
Might as well give them a boost with less popular stuff, for the novelty factor.

:)

DevilButcher
09-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Or boosts to trap disabling/crafting?
Being small AND mechanical would give you some edge with precision mechanical skills.

I love that Idea too since he's a scout and all, Traps and making traps would fit right in.
I think letting him get better in using daggers and small weapons is better choice then Xbow in this case.

I like the idea he would be small, tumbles a lot in combat and Double Strike with small weapons like duel daggers.

- Each T1,2,3 gives 3% chance of Double Strike with small size weapons

Scout Dodge I,II,III,IV
-T1,2,3,4, gives +1AC and +2 Reflex Save wile Tumbling

They should bring out 2 small races UPDATE9~10 Gnomes and Warforged Scouts.
Gnomes should be good with the skill UMD... and of course repairing and giving warforged boosts :D

Musouka
09-27-2010, 08:17 PM
- Each T1,2,3 gives 3% chance of Double Strike with small size weapons

I seriously doubt they would give that away in enhancements at all. They make double strike more costly, ie through feats, or class specific. Not race specific.

Scout Dodge I,II,III,IV
-T1,2,3,4, gives +1AC and +2 Reflex Save wile Tumbling

There already is an enhancement line in the game that gives bonus AC while tumbling, but it requires you have the feat Mobility.

DevilButcher
09-27-2010, 10:31 PM
I seriously doubt they would give that away in enhancements at all. They make double strike more costly, ie through feats, or class specific. Not race specific.

There already is an enhancement line in the game that gives bonus AC while tumbling, but it requires you have the feat Mobility.

Not one that adds to Reflex Saves, and only in Fighter or Water style Monk.... and the fighter not even a good tumbler...

wiglin
11-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Necro bump.

I would really like to see warforged scout's added to the game. I would also change them to a +2Con to help offset the 3 negative stats. I would think this would be really easy to implement. No animation changes needed, just change the proportion and size of the current warforged. I know stuff like that was easy to do with the nwn toolkit, so hopefully professional devs could do it with their own engine.

It could be an easy money maker for Turbine with little effort aside from some new enhancements, but really all they would have to do is combine a little from halfling and warforged, just like they did with half-elf.

Enhancements that should be left out from the current warforged line.
*Power Attack
*Great Aptitude
*Tactics
*Brute Fighting

Give warforged scouts everything else on the warforged list, plus the following from halfling.
*Cunning
*Guile
*Dexterity
*Move Silently
*Hide

Nothing would have to be created to make this work, just a mix of what is currently in the game.

Arijan
11-21-2010, 03:53 AM
/signed

Love the idea of a second race that could use WF gear and profits from repair spells.

Monroid
03-23-2011, 08:10 PM
/also signed

Maybe when Artificers are added... :)

Gorbadoc
03-23-2011, 09:50 PM
/also signed

Maybe when Artificers are added... :)
THREADOMA-- wait, you're making a suggestion for a new feature by finding and posting in an old-ish thread that already makes your suggestion. Nevermind!

Also, /signed.

The smallest of the Warforged, halfling-sized scout were built to serve as spies, light infantry, and reconnaissance troops. They are far less common then the larger varieties, sense they offer little advantage over humanoid scouts in warfare. A Warforged scout stands 3ft tall and weighs 60 pounds.
Yeah, because the whole "Not having to eat, sleep, breathe or use the loo" thing is COMPLETELY worthless when you're trying to be a hidden observer or saboteur, or when your mission involves trekking quickly into or out of enemy terrain.[/sarcasm]

notforyou
03-23-2011, 09:57 PM
/signed

love warforged alrdy and this race would make a cool addition especially as a flavour to rogue mechanic

protokon
03-23-2011, 10:09 PM
halfling sized warforged hmm...I like it.

/signed

ssgcmwatson
03-24-2011, 12:27 AM
OP and most of the follow-on comments /signed

Jiirix
03-24-2011, 05:09 AM
/signed, but by buying the warforged race a player should get the big and the small ones.

Alabore
03-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Yeah, because the whole "Not having to eat, sleep, breathe or use the loo" thing is COMPLETELY worthless when you're trying to be a hidden observer or saboteur, or when your mission involves trekking quickly into or out of enemy terrain.[/sarcasm]

Can't give reputation to Gorbadoc again...

Oh well.
To be quite fair, WF scouts make more sense at their intended role than regular WF soldiers as "shock" troops.

While WFs are often described as physically imposing, I tend to find it detrimental in actual combat.
Maybe as a psychological factor - but I am under the impression the whole "tireless soldier" concept could be developed - and deployed in combat - in more imaginative, effective ways.