PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone

unscythe
09-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks to everyone that came on the 22 minute speed run of shroud.

It was a little rushed, but thanks for coming along on the messy raid. I know we can get a better time, and hopefor many more speed runs.

I totally forgot to SS it, but hope we can get more shrouds done. There is lots of room for improvement, and I will post another speed shroud Sunday, October 3rd at 2-3 p.m Eastern.

An upside to faster shrouds is less healing needed, so there isn't a huge need for people to burn more resources then needed.

Sorry to Wexwex who I relied on to pass out FoM to us fleshies. Thanks for taking on that role.

WestportStan
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Gratz Siege!
I'm glad it went well. Was this the first run?

stormarcher
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks to everyone that came on the 22 minute speed run of shroud.

It was a little rushed, but thanks for coming along on the messy raid. I know we can get a better time, and hopefor many more speed runs.

I totally forgot to SS it, but hope we can get more shrouds done. There is lots of room for improvement, and I will post another speed shroud Sunday, October 3rd at 2-3 p.m Eastern.

An upside to faster shrouds is less healing needed, so there isn't a huge need for people to burn more resources then needed.

Sorry to Wexwex who I relied on to pass out FoM to us fleshies. Thanks for taking on that role.

thats good for orien.. grats

weewoo0
09-27-2010, 12:40 AM
thats good for orien.. grats
welcome back to orien bud. we're the proud home of the 40 minute shrouds that take an hour to fill for the first round ><.
new server yes. well geared server no. skilled server..... depends who you talk to

as it stands unscythe darn nice time on that shroud now if only we could make every shroud that fast!

unscythe
09-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Gratz Siege!
I'm glad it went well. Was this the first run?

Yes, this is the first speed shroud that I have lead.

It was 11 manned with 3 divines and 1 arcane.

Not close to the optimal group of 1 arcane, 1 divine, and 10 melee, but we had a strong showing in melee power.

So the 22 minutes is a very respectable time for a first go at it.

unscythe
09-27-2010, 09:24 AM
welcome back to orien bud. we're the proud home of the 40 minute shrouds that take an hour to fill for the first round ><.
new server yes. well geared server no. skilled server..... depends who you talk to

as it stands unscythe darn nice time on that shroud now if only we could make every shroud that fast!

Yeah the speed shroud was a great pick me up after a 70 minute shroud, and then a Part 2 fail shroud.

Hopefully with enough practice in only needing bare minimum buffs like fire resist, and freedom of movement, shrouds might cut down to 30 minutes. Too much time is spent over buffing-like every shroud I have been in so far has had divines cast stalwart pact and had a divine buff after shrining, so they take a long dip in the pool of part 3.

The run could have been a bit faster, but I have to give props to the players that were a little unsure of what they were getting into and sticking with it. Good job to everyone that was new and willing try a speed shroud.

weewoo0
09-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Yeah the speed shroud was a great pick me up after a 70 minute shroud, and then a Part 2 fail shroud.

Hopefully with enough practice in only needing bare minimum buffs like fire resist, and freedom of movement, shrouds might cut down to 30 minutes. Too much time is spent over buffing-like every shroud I have been in so far has had divines cast stalwart pact and had a divine buff after shrining, so they take a long dip in the pool of part 3.

The run could have been a bit faster, but I have to give props to the players that were a little unsure of what they were getting into and sticking with it. Good job to everyone that was new and willing try a speed shroud.

heh i still remember runs where favored souls would just empty out their entire bar giving out anything and everything they could..... still don't know why they passed out sonic resist.... maybe they were scared that harry would yell at them or something? beats me.....

mickey2toes
09-28-2010, 02:00 AM
I hope to get into these speed shroud runs....If you need a healer...kwik is the name

unscythe
09-29-2010, 09:27 AM
I hope to get into these speed shroud runs....If you need a healer...kwik is the name

Great, hope to see you on Sunday at 3 pm eastern.

If people want to try to get weekday speed shrouds up and going, please send an idea of your play times during the week, and if you can give specific days to Vizzard via in-game mail. Either in-game or send me a tell by forums.

If enough people can send some info, I can try to set up weekday raids. With times set up, people will know when speed shrodus to start and not spend time waiting around.

The speed run on Sunday took as long to fill as to complete, so if we can form in 10 minutes and complete in 20, it would be around the completion time of a normal shroud. But if you add in their forming time, you have around an hour plus to form and complete a Shroud.

So if we can get overall times down, speed shrouds will help out the time restricted play times. I am pretty sure very few people like to wait around.

The completions will also help players on their way to a GS tier 3 if they have restricted play times, so once every 3 days quick completion of shroud will help out alot of people. So getting on for 30 minutes or less during the week seems feasible to busy players.