PDA

View Full Version : An in game bonus for VIP

Nite_Prowler
09-26-2010, 02:53 AM
As far as I know the only bonuses to being a VIP (that can't be bought w/points) are ...

a) opening quests on hard
b) a minor preference when logging in

I propose another in-game perk for VIP

c) all items that normally bind to character, bind to account with the VIP pass

Opinions?

Lithic
09-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Super bad idea to the infinite power. First it will really tick off all the VIPs that bought every adventure pack and went premium (as that is what turbine seems to be pushing). Second, BTC items are bound as such because they are generally raid items, or difficult to get items, and being able to pass these on between your character would be quite overpowered.

Memnir
09-26-2010, 03:14 AM
No.

Plus, in U7 all VIPs will be able to open any quest on Elite from the get-go. And that adds a good deal more perk to being a VIP.

Esserbe
09-26-2010, 03:25 AM
Constant 10% XP bonus for VIP (stackable with event, voice, potions) would be a nice incentive.

Nite_Prowler
09-26-2010, 07:17 AM
Second, BTC items are bound as such because they are generally raid items, or difficult to get items, and being able to pass these on between your character would be quite overpowered.

There are LOTS of things that drop that bind to character. Not only raid items.

And Im not saying that all BTC items should be BTA.
Like crafting items (and really powerful raid items) those should definitely stay BTC

However, items that drop from the Big Top series, Sharn Syndicate, Red Fens could easily become BTA for VIP

Nyvn
09-26-2010, 07:24 AM
And Im not saying that all BTC items should be BTA.

I propose another in-game perk for VIP

c) all items that normally bind to character, bind to account with the VIP pass

Hmm see anything contradictory there?

ghettoGenius
09-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Constant 10% XP bonus for VIP (stackable with event, voice, potions) would be a nice incentive.

Now this really isn't that bad of an idea. The VIP benefits mean different things to different people. For myself, I like the convenience of immediate access to new content. However, this benefit is quickly overshadowed by the various game changes that occur quite frequently and require resurrections and rerolls (not necessarily talking about brand new content but changes to old classes/feats/etc.).

I'm a very casual player. Some of my toons have taken 4 years to get to cap. To have these toons practically require resurrections every update is a swift kick in the teeth for players like me. I wont even get into the inherent dynamic nature of MMOs yadda yadda. Suffice to say that I'm getting tired of bending over every couple months. It wouldnt hurt to throw those players who have consistently committed themselves to DDO a bone every now and then. And I dont mean 500 TP which wont really buy anything other than novelty items.

A 10% stacking bonus wouldnt be game breaking. Other players wouldnt even feel this impact. In fact I would go as far to say that all VIPs should get a true heart of wood at lvl 20. Why not? It keeps them in game, entices them to TR which means more time playing and longer subs. Turbine will always hove those VIPs with bottomless wallets who will abuse the store in addition to their subs, but unfortunately I am not one of them.

Nite_Prowler
09-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Hmm see anything contradictory there?

lol ... yea, lest say that I'm open for suggestion XD

BlackRage
09-26-2010, 10:36 AM
/signed

+1
but this is a far better idea!

PopeJual
09-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I think that VIP folks should get a little something more.

Like maybe being able to open all quests on Elite instead of Hard. In fact, I DEMAND THIS!

If VIP don't get the ability to open all quests on Elite sometime within the next two months, I'LL QUIT THE GAME!!!1!

JakLee7
09-26-2010, 10:55 AM
In fact I would go as far to say that all VIPs should get a true heart of wood at lvl 20. Why not? It keeps them in game, entices them to TR which means more time playing and longer subs.

This is a good idea.

Jay203
09-26-2010, 10:58 AM
No.

Plus, in U7 all VIPs will be able to open any quest on Elite from the get-go. And that adds a good deal more perk to being a VIP.

and if i remember seeing someone posting that the said ability will be purchasable in store... =_=

edit: found it! :p
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=276242&highlight=elite

HumanJHawkins
09-26-2010, 11:22 AM
You're forgetting the 500 TP/month and the full access to all content at all times. And most VIPs are paying $10/month. So they are really only paying $5 to rent all the content and have those perks besides the turbine points.

It's not a bad deal, though I would think doubling the TP/month would make it a really good deal for players while still being a good deal for turbine.

I woulds almost say they should double (or triple) the turbine point reward and make the other two options available for F2P to buy in the DDO store. Seems like a win-win for everyone. Basically, if as long as (and only while) you buy 1500 TP/month, you can use the content for free.

Nite_Prowler
09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
You're forgetting the 500 TP/month and the full access to all content at all times. And most VIPs are paying $10/month. So they are really only paying $5 to rent all the content and have those perks besides the turbine points.

Nope, didn't forget those 'perks'.

IMO they aren't 'perks' if non VIP can have access to it.

I have several F2P friends that have access to extra points (through the DDO store), access to all game content (through the DDO store). The only thing I get as a VIP that he doesn't get as a F2P is preferred access to the game. I thought that opening games on hard was a VIP only 'perk' but now you can buy that in the DDO store to.

So I ask, as a VIP, what is my incentive to remain VIP if all my 'perks' can be bought without the subscription?

Memnir
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
and if i remember seeing someone posting that the said ability will be purchasable in store... =_=

edit: found it! :p
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=276242&highlight=eliteActualy, I'm okay with that only because they are one-time-use items and not perma-unlock.
I do think the price on em should be doubled, however.

And while I agree that VIPs should have more/better perks, I don't think this is the way to go. It'd be overpowered, imho...

Jay203
09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Actualy, I'm okay with that only because they are one-time-use items and not perma-unlock.
I do think the price on em should be doubled, however.

And while I agree that VIPs should have more/better perks, I don't think this is the way to go. It'd be overpowered, imho...

VIPs get permanent +1 loot that stacks with everything xD
maybe that'll help me get off my **** loot streak :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The10man
09-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I think that VIP folks should get a little something more.

Like maybe being able to open all quests on Elite instead of Hard. In fact, I DEMAND THIS!

If VIP don't get the ability to open all quests on Elite sometime within the next two months, I'LL QUIT THE GAME!!!1!

Be careful Pope with the normal delays, super-secrets, vast-and-mysterious, almosts, and "in-a-minutes" it might be jan 1 before it drops LOL.

HumanJHawkins
09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Nope, didn't forget those 'perks'.

IMO they aren't 'perks' if non VIP can have access to it.

I have several F2P friends that have access to extra points (through the DDO store), access to all game content (through the DDO store). The only thing I get as a VIP that he doesn't get as a F2P is preferred access to the game. I thought that opening games on hard was a VIP only 'perk' but now you can buy that in the DDO store to.

So I ask, as a VIP, what is my incentive to remain VIP if all my 'perks' can be bought without the subscription?

I don't get what you are after then. Everything that is or ever will be available to VIPs is available to F2P under your description. All the F2P has to do is pay $15 per month for VIP status. How is that different than paying for something from the turbine store?

You are arguing that because you pay $15 per month for something, you should get stuff that other people can't buy at any price?

The perks to VIPs are that you don't have to lay out $200 all at once to have access to all content, 10 bank slots, opening quests on hard, you get all new content 3 days in advance. And when you are down on turbine points and you want something, you don't have to wait for a sale and lay out another $50 to buy turbine points at the only rate that isn't a total rip off.

There is a reason airports have VIP rooms. It's a way that a company can make $$ from people who have enough money that they don't notice $20 here or there for trivial things. Frankly, if you have to think about which is the better deal, you probably aren't a "V.I.P." as businesses look at the term.

Zombiekenny
09-27-2010, 05:12 AM
VIPs shouldn't get anything that has any noticable ingame impact, its a different payment plan, not something that should give you advantages over other players.